[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 2-14-2012 [COMPLETE]

Options

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Skills + more Content maybe will come back due to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'll be honest, I hope the EXP instance is good, I'm not putting it to high standards, but if you can reasonably reach 105, I would be ok with it.

Yeah I'm not holding my breath on it actually being worthwhile, but you never know.

Maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hey all,

Servers are coming down tonight from 11pm-3am!

All maintenance and patch discussion can go in this thread.

And for tonight's question:

Out of all the new things coming in the expansion, which are you most excited about?

Hoping for more events like today, that was awesome. Especially when Sihndra snuck in and summoned DeathtoDW. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'll have to say the new area. If it's good enough to have new skills as well as a new way for people to get to 105, I'm excited!
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'll have to say the new area. If it's good enough to have new skills as well as a new way for people to get to 105, I'm excited!

Forget you can get to lv. 105 without cheating like others. Even with this new quests it take years.
    BTW. Why are still cheaters unbanned? At least I know, that cheating worth it. I will cheat and use glitches everytime possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Reservation for 1: me

Aaaaah Genoooooo Humps You I will give you Mushday lovin!!!b:kissb:kissb:kiss
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sadly, the only thing I'm looking forward to is the new interface and other graphical goodies. There's always a huge catch to the skills (ridiculous cooldowns etc), and I've been let down countless times by the end game content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • dfdsfdsa
    dfdsfdsa Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    woot 105 fc glitched stealth archers, and you cant see them cause you cant get passed 103 to use antistealth pots. Frankielies are those bans comming out with the expansion too or the fix is to open some instance where others can catch up and no bans?
    edit: wrong pot name dangit
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm looking forward to that no exp loss cleric skill. Passive, no cooldown...<3

...<_< There's gotta be a catch, of course. But a level limit isn't so bad.
    Would really suck if it was only for Sage clerics though or something.

Also this time when the expansion comes out, LEAVE MY HAIR ALONE. D:< No stealing it again like you did when you unleashed the Tideborn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • ScymeX - Raging Tide
    ScymeX - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    nicee b:victory
  • Onity - Heavens Tear
    Onity - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Definitely excited to get the new "peek into someone's inventory" skill for one of my sins. b:laugh
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hoping for more events like today, that was awesome. Especially when Sihndra snuck in and summoned DeathtoDW. b:chuckle

You call that "awesome"? b:surrender

Let me guess : you are not even aware that there is a special Valentine Day event coded into the game?

They ran that event once, and never enabled it again afterwards.....

Go figure.....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »

Let me guess : you are not even aware that there is a special Valentine Day event coded into the game?

Go figure.....

I'm aware of it actually, wasn't around of it but am plenty aware of it. Also heard that the reason they haven't run it is because it got bugged somehow. And yes, I still called that event awesome it was chaotic and fun and brought the server together. Can't complain about that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, I am looking forward to the new skills on some of my toons - not excited about metal mage mode though, but ya cant have everything all the time. I am interested in exploring the new area as well, and to seeing what new quests are available. Gonna be awesome!!!!

b:pleased
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »

Go figure.....
    Are you talking about the one with the patch of flowers that people kept luring Jewelscalen to and killing everyone? ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i find it disgusting that there are still tons of ppl that glitched there way to 105+ in less then a week and have never been punished (atleast nothing outside of a temp ban -_- anyway) while all of us legit players still have to dedicate MONTHS of our time trying to get to 105.

and whats worse is you punish the legit players even more by nerfing goons instead of trying to fix the glitch itself. disgusting, still upset about that ****. the guys that got to 105 dong care about a goon nerf rofl. there 105, not like they can get any higher.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    4 hours of maint.. Guess I'm headed to bed early tonight.

And why are people still butthurt about goons? I personally solo fcced for 9 months from 103-105. I feel accomplished even if there's hundreds of 105s now. Why do people care?
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Digitalbleh - Sanctuary
    Digitalbleh - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the first thing i will do after the new expansion comes out. I will be the first archer to solo naviagte the world of perfectworld by leaping to the left the whole way.
  • saintbabo
    saintbabo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    4 hours of maint.. Guess I'm headed to bed early tonight.

And why are people still butthurt about goons? I personally solo fcced for 9 months from 103-105. I feel accomplished even if there's hundreds of 105s now. Why do people care?

you fcc'ed your way to 104 but you def used goons to hit 105. dont even try and say otherwise lol
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    saintbabo wrote: »
    you fcc'ed your way to 104 but you def used goons to hit 105. dont even try and say otherwise lol

I was 70% into level 104 before they were even discovered; I could confirm this with at least 5-10 others that I was racing with to be the first 105 bm across all the servers (which I did achieve in July) with my g15 +12 fists, but my point still stands that unless you were one of the handful of 30 people personally affected by using up 6 months + hitting 104-105 before the goons were came out, you have really no room to complain.

If the people who actually used up the time aren't complaining, I fail to see why those who didn't use up the time are.

edited February 2012
    Options
    I was 70% into level 104 before they were even discovered; I could confirm this with at least 5-10 others that I was racing with to be the first 105 bm across all the servers (which I did achieve in July) with my g15 +12 fists, but my point still stands that unless you were one of the handful of 30 people personally affected by using up 6 months + hitting 104-105 before the goons were came out, you have really no room to complain.

If the people who actually used up the time aren't complaining, I fail to see why those who didn't use up the time are.
    yea sure. And we are all flying pigs.b:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yea sure. And we are all flying pigs.b:chuckleb:chuckle

And we are all playing with one hand under the desk too apparently. b:pleased

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm surprised no body said they wonder what this free gift was.
  • saintbabo
    saintbabo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @TheDan

im sorry but i dont believe you. i remember you hit 104 and not long after that came goons it was not possible for you to be 70% into 104 considering it took you eons to go from 103 to 104 just soloing fcc unless your account was glitched and getting to 105 needed less exp than getting to 104. now im not complaining about 105's and goons im just merely pointing out your lie lol
  • SgtSandbox - Archosaur
    SgtSandbox - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

I hope it's going to be pretty neat. :o
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry, I am half interested in skill fixes ... everything else... No thanks... Really... New instance... It is possibly going to be another stupid power leveling instance again. The new skills will troll people. New gear will not even be used (look at OHT). Ever since age of spirits (stupid genies), things gone downhill. I think the new expansion will keep everyone deliriously happy... for 5 minutes... Then go QQbutthurtrage. Way for the devs to dangle new things to keep angry suckers.... I mean customers to keep them buying gold for boutique.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry, I am half interested in skill fixes ... everything else... No thanks... Really... New instance... It is possibly going to be another stupid power leveling instance again. The new skills will troll people. New gear will not even be used (look at OHT). Ever since age of spirits (stupid genies), things gone downhill. I think the new expansion will keep everyone deliriously happy... for 5 minutes... Then go QQbutthurtrage. Way for the devs to dangle new things to keep angry suckers.... I mean customers to keep them buying gold for boutique.
    Cannot agree more. That's why they give soulforce for every1. Just endless greediness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver
    Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

let me guess:
    a lame mount got 2 or
    fashion that would not be seen dead in or
    mabye some hyper stones.

bet it is somthing that can be got from
    dq shop with a diferent colour or shape.
    b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Skills are new thing which will be most enjoyable, Let's see how u guys have done new skills and existing skill balancing. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Early manual patch link: Patch 606-612 (861.6 MB)

As usual, do not install the patch before the servers go down for maintenance or you will not be able to play until they come back up from maintenance.

But yeah, this is the Descent patch. It's huge. Start downloading now. ;-)
    Wait, 11pm to 3am? It's never taken more then 2 hours for any of the other patches.... was that a mistype?
    Not true. For example, for Rising Tide they listed a 3 hour maintenance window (see here).

This is a big change, so maintenance takes longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)