Sooo... Did clerics get screwed on new skills?

Options

Comments

• bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    Nahleanna - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Cleric
    Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, max hp decrease by 10%, increase 40%-80% weapon dmg. 15chi

Ray meditation: available in transformation mode, stop your target hp recovery(and charm recovery) by 15%base atk + 675HP. can be stacked to max 2000-18000HP(SF),last 30sec. 18sec cooldown.

Aurora Magic Ray: available in metal mage mode, AOE version of Ray meditation.

Arc ray of disease: debuff ur target, increase the chance of taking crit dmg by 15%.

Sincere: give ur target Deaden Nerves buff, recover 50% hp when taking effect, last 8sec.

The blessing of the gods: no exp lose upon death.
    WHY ARE U Q.QING?

Tianyin thunderstorm symbol: metal mage version of soul burn! debuff ur target , each time he try to atk or use skill, he has 30% chance take phy dmg equal to ur magic atk. last 1min. 50chi

Tian Yu Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, increase 60%-100% weapon dmg. 15chi

sounds good for tw
    -Ray meditation
    -Arc ray of disease
    -Sincere

sounds good in pve
    -Arc ray of disease
    -Sincere

not sure why ur upset?
    looks like compleat **** to me why would a cleric want to be unable to heal thats there job
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would like to point out your not MEANT to stay in Metal Mage Mode, purple flowers rain on your head, whatever it's called.

If you had those bonuses PLUS retaining your healing abilities, well that's just too much. a 15 second cooldown...so....go into this mode BEFORE a fight. Use the awesome spells it comes with, like Thunderstorm. 1 minute debuff and it has a 30% chance per attack to take damage.

Lay that on the boss at the beginning. Lay that on a cata barb. It's not just attacks that proc it, it's ANY skills.

Ray Arc diseas, 15% extra crit chance for the WHOLE SQUAD, for 20 seconds. Lay this on the boss at the beginning as well. Doesn't require purple metal flower mode.

Pious, or whatever its called. Deaden nerves castable buff thing. Cast it on yourself while grinding if things get out of control, cast it on the cata barb thats about to die, cast it on the tank if **** goes down, cast it on yourself if you get heal aggro cause of a fail tank. So many possibilities. Doesn't require purple metal flower mode.

Seriously, there are only 3 skills which require purple metal flower mode. A single target heal block, an AoE heal block, and a badass debuff.

for PvE, just start your fight in purple metal flower mode so your not waiting on a CD. Lay your 1 minute debuff of doom and crit debuff, slam a few cyclones, pop back into normal cleric mode and resume normal game play.

Bosses don't last more than 1 minute very often, so that debuff will lasts the whole fight. Your crit debuff will help drop the boss in seconds. Holy ****, your class is desirable to aps runs now for more than a buff ***** and all i hear are complaints.
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay, here's the thing, with demon/sage skills, metal mage mode is useless. We'll both have more endurance and attack power by using sage shell/demon gift. Furthermore, 30% chance to proc and physical damage? how is that going to hurt a cata barb? Arcray disease? most people have over 3.5k hp, the amount of hp you could stop a person from healing if you have a shiny +10 weapon, which means the effect of this would be negligible. Conclusion, EPs mostly got shafted.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would like to point out your not MEANT to stay in Metal Mage Mode, purple flowers rain on your head, whatever it's called.

If you had those bonuses PLUS retaining your healing abilities, well that's just too much. a 15 second cooldown...so....go into this mode BEFORE a fight. Use the awesome spells it comes with, like Thunderstorm. 1 minute debuff and it has a 30% chance per attack to take damage.

Lay that on the boss at the beginning. Lay that on a cata barb. It's not just attacks that proc it, it's ANY skills.

Ray Arc diseas, 15% extra crit chance for the WHOLE SQUAD, for 20 seconds. Lay this on the boss at the beginning as well. Doesn't require purple metal flower mode.

Pious, or whatever its called. Deaden nerves castable buff thing. Cast it on yourself while grinding if things get out of control, cast it on the cata barb thats about to die, cast it on the tank if **** goes down, cast it on yourself if you get heal aggro cause of a fail tank. So many possibilities. Doesn't require purple metal flower mode.

Seriously, there are only 3 skills which require purple metal flower mode. A single target heal block, an AoE heal block, and a badass debuff.

for PvE, just start your fight in purple metal flower mode so your not waiting on a CD. Lay your 1 minute debuff of doom and crit debuff, slam a few cyclones, pop back into normal cleric mode and resume normal game play.

Bosses don't last more than 1 minute very often, so that debuff will lasts the whole fight. Your crit debuff will help drop the boss in seconds. Holy ****, your class is desirable to aps runs now for more than a buff ***** and all i hear are complaints.

You have a very limited knowledge of cleric dynamic. I will make this short and to the point.

Deaden nerve only last 8 seconds, unless you know a one shot is coming your way, you cant waste it on a whim.

Clerics "Assuming they are needed for heals" need to be ready to heal even before the fight begins, no time to debuff a boss (for one it would get aggro if you mess with it first and it might kill you cause of it) and because by the time you finish debuffing your tank might be too far gone hp wise to save them. We don't know how long it takes to get out of this mode.

You have been hanging around too many aps squads if fights last less then a minute.

Here is my reply to another thread you neglected to recheck for updated posts.
    How do you not consider these good b:laugh

Tianyu Purple Night Dance

All healing abilities are destroyed and maximum HP is reduced by 10%. Increases weapon damage by 60 to 100% depending on the strength of the soul (anima).

Requires 15 Vitality.

Meditation Ray

Can be used in a Skill (Wizard of Metal). Curses your target to reduce all healing effects, including amulets, up to 15% of magic damage base over 675 HP. The ability ranges from 2,000 to 18.000HP depending Soul Force (Anima). Lasting 30 seconds.

Effect becomes invalid in 5 or more targets.

Aurora Magic Ray

Can be used in a Skill (Wizard of Metal). Curse all players close to 15 meters reducing all healing effects, including amulets, up to 10% of magic damage base over 675 HP. The ability ranges from 2,000 to 18.000HP depending on the strength of the Soul (Anima). Lasting 30 seconds.

Effect becomes invalid in 5 or more targets.

Thunderstorm Sounds of Heaven Symbol

Can be used in a Skill (Wizard of Metal). Launches a debuff on the target causing it to have 30% chance of taking physical damage equal to its basic magical attack every time the target trying to attack or use skills. Lasts for 1 minute.

Requires 50 Vitality.

Ray Arc Disease

Launches a debuff on the target increasing 15% chance to take critical damage. For 20 seconds. Oh thank goodness, been wondering how long this debuff was gonna be for awhile now.

Pious

Launches a buff on target to cure 50% of max HP if the target to take an attack capable of killing. Duration of 8 seconds.

Gods Blessing
    Passive skill

Required Level: 95

Without loss of experience after death.

What the guy above me stated. He makes a nice summery.

This mode is actually suppose to be used for long periods of time, reason why it has no time limit. This is so clerics can become DDs, not healer! Get it through your thick head! This is what it was made for! Not so we can just debuff stuff!

Tho...They failed with the damage increase. (I assume based on translation.)
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You have a very limited knowledge of cleric dynamic. I will make this short and to the point.

Deaden nerve only last 8 seconds, unless you know a one shot is coming your way, you cant waste it on a whim.

Clerics "Assuming they are needed for heals" need to be ready to heal even before the fight begins, no time to debuff a boss (for one it would get aggro if you mess with it first and it might kill you cause of it) and because by the time you finish debuffing your tank might be too far gone hp wise to save them. We don't know how long it takes to get out of this mode.

You have been hanging around too many aps squads if fights last less then a minute.

Here is my reply to another thread you neglected to recheck for updated posts.

What the guy above me stated. He makes a nice summery.

This mode is actually suppose to be used for long periods of time, reason why it has no time limit. This is so clerics can become DDs, not healer! Get it through your thick head! This is what it was made for! Not so we can just debuff stuff!

Tho...They failed with the damage increase. (I assume based on translation.)

lol ok. I'll tell you what, you keep QQing because you "think" you got shafted, and I'll keep pointing out the proper way to use these awesome new skills clerics have going for them.

I'll make sure to post a big *** "I told you-so" thread a month or so after the expansion and everyone realizes what a wonderful skill set the clerics really got.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol ok. I'll tell you what, you keep QQing because you "think" you got shafted, and I'll keep pointing out the proper way to use these awesome new skills clerics have going for them.

I'll make sure to post a big *** "I told you-so" thread a month or so after the expansion and everyone realizes what a wonderful skill set the clerics really got.

Hush barb! I don't want to hear from you what you consider the "proper" way to use cleric skills! Even if you have played a cleric before I just don't trust your judgement.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that you want these skills to be used for "Your own" benefit rather then the benefit of the cleric.

At no point did I complain about getting these skills. I am simply pointing out how flawed they are in comparison to the average cleric playing style in a very annoyed manner.

Also as my last statement for this thread entirely. At no point did the gift of extra DD power for an unlimited amount of time hint that these skills should not be used in the form of offence. Since you seem to be pointing that out a lot. We clerics have a choice now to join a squad when they ask for a healer, and to join a squad when they ask for a DD. This is to allow us to become DDs. If you feel that our complaining about the fact that the damage boost isn't high enough to warrant using it, especially with the lost of the ability to heal, (No cleric is saying we should be able to heal, we just want it to be worth not being able to!) then I cant help but think you really are one of those "Clerics don't DD!" peeps. No logically sane person would disagree with the fact that this mode is made for DDing thus Deserve special consideration when improving damage power. (Under the assumption that it really is underpowered)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I somehow missed that Arc Ray of Disease and Pious don't require you to be in metal mage form to use. I guess I'll have to put off getting my pink unicorn now. ):

Metal mage mode is still **** when I can do more damage and still be able to heal with demon spirit's gift though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hush barb! I don't want to hear from you what you consider the "proper" way to use cleric skills! Even if you have played a cleric before I just don't trust your judgement.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that you want these skills to be used for "Your own" benefit rather then the benefit of the cleric.

At no point did I complain about getting these skills. I am simply pointing out how flawed they are in comparison to the average cleric playing style in a very annoyed manner.

Also as my last statement for this thread entirely. At no point did the gift of extra DD power for an unlimited amount of time hint that these skills should not be used in the form of offence. Since you seem to be pointing that out a lot. We clerics have a choice now to join a squad when they ask for a healer, and to join a squad when they ask for a DD. This is to allow us to become DDs. If you feel that our complaining about the fact that the damage boost isn't high enough to warrant using it, especially with the lost of the ability to heal, (No cleric is saying we should be able to heal, we just want it to be worth not being able to!) then I cant help but think you really are one of those "Clerics don't DD!" peeps. No logically sane person would disagree with the fact that this mode is made for DDing thus Deserve special consideration when improving damage power. (Under the assumption that it really is underpowered)

I think I understand your point. Clerics are healers, but nothing they got in this new skill set reflects that. Also, their advertisement for the clerics new skills is a damage boost, but it falls short in that aspect compared to whats already available. For them.

As a support role, these skills truly shine. So of course "I" like them. They support the whole group. But Clerics should like them too, they have more reasons to be desired in all groups again.

It's no secret the Soul Force skills are designed entirely for TW and open map PvP. That's true for all classes. So a lot of people are disappointed with them, and are referring to them as junk. Some have a little more use in a PvE scenario than others.

With APS + BP heals in some groups, clerics don't always need to heal all the time. Now you can actually have a significant affect on speeding up the kill progress.

I realize the Physical damage aspect of Thunderstorm is disappoint to some. What I don't understand is why. There's plenty of metal immune bosses lurking around. Toss that up and continue healing/supporting. You're now doing damage to the boss passively. In PvP, lay that on a 5 APS character and 5 times a second he has a chance of hurting himself. If he stealths and uses some chi skills, he has a chance of hurting himself. Even if it's just a normal boss, every single action has a chance to remove HP. And it's so low maintenance. Cast it and forget it. It's does the work for you.

Yes, Purple Metal Flower Mode leaves a lot to be desired. But compare that to a Barb's Soul Force related skill. I have a chance to stop people from flying. lolwut? I don't PvP, so that's incredibly unappealing to me. Triple damage if the target is in the air, but I can only use it on the ground? Well that doesn't help me much if im grinding on flying mobs. Plus it's a 60 second cooldown and uses 2 sparks. Why would i use that versus Invoke, Armageddon, or Sunder?

Or how about that lame *** skill we get that makes the player unable to switch targets for 6 seconds. Keyword, other players. Can't use it on mobs/bosses. That would have been a sexy fix to aggro control. But as it is all I can do is save someone's *** in PvP. Which is a part of the game i don't partake in.

But even though my top two abilities are lame in my eyes, the rest are damn nice additions that I gladly welcome.

Now I'm not trying to drag this to barbs, lol, my point was this: Yes, some of these new skills leave a lot to be desired, and some just royally suck for certain styles of playing. But we DID get some pretty nice skills in the process. Don't just dismiss them based on text descriptions. Grab them in game and play around with them, figure out how they can improve your class the best. Then decide if they are trash or not.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    looks like compleat **** to me why would a cleric want to be unable to heal thats there job

because if all they had were healing skills then dumbasses will still QQ at the fact that clerics cant DD or kill anything. people will always QQ about something, and out of all classes in PWI clerics seem like the biggest QQers.

what people seem to not understand is the balance of this skill. if clerics were able to heal combined with the 100% increase in atk then it would be stupidly overpowered, and that is what ppl seem to want.... how sad.

basides... mystic heals combined with cleric heals combined with psy heals combined with charms combined with crab meats.... how much more ****ing healing do you need in this game? the answer is none, we have more then enough healing going on in a squad.

also i love how only focus on the mage mode skill while ignoring everything else...
    Tianyin thunderstorm symbol: metal mage version of soul burn! debuff ur target , each time he try to atk or use skill, he has 30% chance take phy dmg equal to ur magic atk. last 1min. 50chi

sounds like a pretty damn good skill.... chance to take phy dmg equal to ur magic atk? along with the free 100% atk u get from mage mode? sounds pretty damn good to me...
    available in transformation mode, stop your target hp recovery(and charm recovery) by 15%base atk + 675HP. can be stacked to max 2000-18000HP(SF),last 30sec. 18sec cooldown.

this skill can be stacked AND has a AoE version of itself. can completly **** up or stop your healing abilities completly. very useful in pvp since it also stops charms. its also based on your own magic atk. how the hell is this skill not good? its esentially a anti heal.
    Arc ray of disease: debuff ur target, increase the chance of taking crit dmg by 15%.

do i even need to explain this one? free 15% crit buff for entire squad. great ****ing buff...

srsly, stop QQing. you guys got good skills to play around with.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    because if all they had were healing skills then dumbasses will still QQ at the fact that clerics cant DD or kill anything. people will always QQ about something, and out of all classes in PWI clerics seem like the biggest QQers.

1what people seem to not understand is the balance of this skill. if clerics were able to heal combined with the 100% increase in atk then it would be stupidly overpowered, and that is what ppl seem to want.... how sad.

2basides... mystic heals combined with cleric heals combined with psy heals combined with charms combined with crab meats.... how much more ****ing healing do you need in this game? the answer is none, we have more then enough healing going on in a squad.

3also i love how only focus on the mage mode skill while ignoring everything else...

4sounds like a pretty damn good skill.... chance to take phy dmg equal to ur magic atk? along with the free 100% atk u get from mage mode? sounds pretty damn good to me...

5this skill can be stacked AND has a AoE version of itself. can completly **** up or stop your healing abilities completly. very useful in pvp since it also stops charms. its also based on your own magic atk. how the hell is this skill not good? its esentially a anti heal.

6do i even need to explain this one? free 15% crit buff for entire squad. great ****ing buff...

7srsly, stop QQing. you guys got good skills to play around with.

Congratulations you made me break my code of silence for the remainder of this thread. That means your so wrong that I cant help but feel obligated to correct you.

I also liked how you ignored mmm 3-4 posts by me that explains why each and every skill is at a disadvantage when you combine it with DD mode.

1. I can't say this for sure but the majority of complaining I've been seeing is about how DD mode is too weak to warrant the lost of heals (That makes us useful and help us survive) NOONE and I say this loosely since thats obviously isnt true, wants to be able to heal while using DD mode, they just...want to have enough power to DD.
    2. Your point?
    3. The skills that don't require DD mode are useless if you don't DD and or have other people DD for you. Exp lost is just useless except for those who want to get to level105 (for whatever reason) deaden nerve last 8 seconds, how often you think we will get to use it? Got to know FOR SURE we are about to die or waste it entirely.
    4. Until proven otherwise DD mode is too weak to warrant the inability to heal. That being said, untill proven otherwise, soulburn is completely useless on a HA or LA class when its "Physical damage" being done. That is because it is only a 30% chance meaning most effective against APS classes aka effective against HA and LA classes.
    5. This is completely useless for PvP unless you want to not be able to heal your squad plus attract the attention of the target. Useful only for clerics that DD themselves since they are definitely gonna be attacked for debuffing the enemy. (Shame we can't heal ourselves while in DD mode)
    6.Am I to assume you want us to use this for the squad...and we go back to healing? Yea no wonder YOU love it so much. For a skill its pretty overpowered. For a skill clerics themselves can use, it lacks the ability to make us as individuals "scary" since anyone who hits the target its on can take advantage of it.
    7. We have one good skill, extra 15% debuff. (That does not give us an edge since EVERYONE can take advantage of it in PvE. PvP is a meh >.>

Of course for you to understand our point of view, you first have to realize that I, much like many other people I may have convinced, believe that DD mode is REALLY WEAK! (Based on translations)

You seem to believe its a lot stronger then we do, thus your confusion.

Who is right? No idea. (Tho I am coming from the point of view that a 1 spark, spark eruption is a 200% increase and THATS pretty weak, so DD mode aint looking so good.) (Also, the demon spirit gift that has the words magic attack rather then weapon damage like spark eruption, is 150%, and thats still a pretty weak increase to damage)

DD mode is translated at 100%<--At its most powerful form! Not everyone can get the full 100%! and still, at 100% it is weaker then the 2 things I mentioned above.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't care what anyone else says, as far as I'm concerned the no exp loss skill is pure win. Enough win that I'm actually considering playing a cleric again when the expansion goes live. b:cute

And, would you finally level your revive? b:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And, would you finally level your revive? b:chuckle

On this cleric? Not a chance! b:chuckle

The cleric I would be playing has had demon revive since the day she finished her 89 culti.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    On this cleric? Not a chance! b:chuckle

The cleric I would be playing has had demon revive since the day she finished her 89 culti.

One day I'm going to figure out who you are on the server, lol, one day...
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    One day I'm going to figure out who you are on the server, lol, one day...

b:shockedb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:shockedb:avoid

In a totally non-stalkerish way of course b:chuckle
  • victor1337
    victor1337 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I can see it already: cleric joins squad. Squads asks if they are a healer, they say 'yes of course I am what sort of dumbass question is that'

Squad attacks nasty stunning aoeing debuffing boss, cleric switches on metal mode and starts to DD, attracts the adds that spawned and dies, followed by the rest of the squad. Cleric is kicked from squad and put on the 'never invite this village idiot to a squad ever again ' list.

On topic, does anyone know the cooldown for switching back to normal mode? Or cooldown of the skill itself?

Does it last or a set time, or until cancelled?

Can't see answers to this , and without that information the rest of the thread is pretty pointless- what if it only lasts 10 seconds?
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    IMHO - yes they did. At least for my playstyle. I know my place in a squad and I like it. I heal frist and dd second, if at all. No loss rez is only redeeming skill I can see here. I do not like that metal mage reduces hp and restricts healing its of no use to me UNLESS there was another cleric in squad who will heal me along with other squad members. I know that clerics CAN tank some bosses - we are awesome that way. 59 is a playground. But, overall I think most of theseskills are slanted towards pvp - I dont like em since I'm on Carebear server and have 0 interest in pk. Looking forward to expansion - less so to my "awesome" new skills......but we will have to wait and see. It may surprise me yet.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What I am wondering is to what extent the "no healing" goes.. If a cleric can still use crab meats, limp pouctice of whatever (pots from divine contracts), and genie skills like Second Wind, doesn't seem THAT bad. Of course i know a lot of clerics that have IH set-up in a combo. But maybe we'll see more squads with 2 clerics ? One that will stay true to heals and the one that will go "all-out" ?
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    victor1337 wrote: »
    I can see it already: cleric joins squad. Squads asks if they are a healer, they say 'yes of course I am what sort of dumbass question is that'

Squad attacks nasty stunning aoeing debuffing boss, cleric switches on metal mode and starts to DD, attracts the adds that spawned and dies, followed by the rest of the squad. Cleric is kicked from squad and put on the 'never invite this village idiot to a squad ever again ' list.

The sad part is that you don't need new skills for that. b:surrender
    Jerks will be jerks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

The sad part is that you don't need new skills for that. b:surrender
    Jerks will be jerks...

Truth.

Did a TT run for maps on my Wizard a couple of days ago, got some nub**** r9 Cleric who came to help.

Never healed anyone except the sin who tanked, and only during the bosses. I died and asked her to heal and she told me I should have more HP and heal myself. :/ at 96 with 4.8k HP and 5.4kPDef selfbuffed alone I think I'm about as maxed as you could expect >_>''

And to 2 cleric squads, no. They'll argue and fight just like 2 mystic squads frequently do and noone will get healed properly unless you all already know each other well and lay out a plan. And since it's an MMO I do not only ever play with my friends, before anyone suggests the idea.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Truth.

Did a TT run for maps on my Wizard a couple of days ago, got some nub r9 Cleric who came to help.

Never healed anyone except the sin who tanked, and only during the bosses. I died and asked her to heal and she told me I should have more HP and heal myself. :/ at 96 with 4.8k HP and 5.4kPDef selfbuffed alone I think I'm about as maxed as you could expect >_>''

And to 2 cleric squads, no. They'll argue and fight just like 2 mystic squads frequently do and noone will get healed properly unless you all already know each other well and lay out a plan. And since it's an MMO I do not only ever play with my friends, before anyone suggests the idea.

Don't most people at level 90+ have at least one way of keeping themselves alive without clerics? Even if that fail of a cleric (Who could have easily tanked the boss him/herself and sped along the killing process) didn't heal others, you can not rely on cleric heals in a squad unless your a tank. There are 5 players to focus on and only 1 person can be healed at a time (aoe heal is just too slow!) someone will be sacrificed.

Since I have R8 weapon and is soon getting R9 I have learned the dynamic of squads with more then one cleric. The one who does the most damage has the greater right to DD. That being said, the one who has the best defense/hp has the greater right to BB (Not heal) during bosses that tend to do nasty aoe damage. Even tho I love to DD in 2 cleric squads I am willing to become healer if the other cleric is too squishy. Pro clerics shouldn't fight over who does what.

The squads that usually have the highest success rate are squads with 2 clerics in them.

Now someone explain to me why squads think they can get away with only having one cleric in caster nirvana? There is no logic to this. With the knowledge that bosses use interrupts on BB and spawn mobs that tend to kill the weaker links, you just cant go on. (Of course this is from the standpoint of squads who can't stay alive for long without heals.)
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Since I have R8 weapon and is soon getting R9 I have learned the dynamic of squads with more then one cleric. The one who does the most damage has the greater right to DD. That being said, the one who has the best defense/hp has the greater right to BB (Not heal) during bosses that tend to do nasty aoe damage. Even tho I love to DD in 2 cleric squads I am willing to become healer if the other cleric is too squishy. Pro clerics shouldn't fight over who does what.

Meh. If there's another cleric in squad, and I have better gear than they do, I still offer upfront to heal. If the other cleric says they would rather heal, I DD, but I still keep a close watch on the squad's health bars. I just find it seems to get a better reaction from the other clerics if I do it that way as opposed to assuming I will be the metal mage (If my gear is better, that is. If the other cleric is better geared there usually isn't a need for any conversation over who heals and who DDs.).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    From what I can see and what I have heard, The new cleric skills are garbage compared to the rest...

Should have said " no exp lost skills " are useless once you are lv 105 instead of arguing.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Meh. If there's another cleric in squad, and I have better gear than they do, I still offer upfront to heal. If the other cleric says they would rather heal, I DD, but I still keep a close watch on the squad's health bars. I just find it seems to get a better reaction from the other clerics if I do it that way as opposed to assuming I will be the metal mage (If my gear is better, that is. If the other cleric is better geared there usually isn't a need for any conversation over who heals and who DDs.).

The sentence that ended that quote summarized what your saying. "Pro clerics shouldn't fight over who does what."

I have to ask, what is it exactly that keeps you from DDing? When you have the option to do so cause of the second cleric. The low damage? The squishyness? The fact that there is a stereotype for healing type classes that most people can't seem to break?
    Should have said " no exp lost skills " are useless once you are lv 105 instead of arguing.. b:surrender

God I wish this skill was never created. It was a perfect idea when clerics from the past was complaining about the disadvantages of being a cleric in terms of exp lost vs exp gain. That was before hypers were introduced. It would still be a perfect idea if it was given to clerics at say...lvl 50 or something, where the noobs are separated from the pros by harder instances and stronger mobs.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    whocares about exp when u have **** like ff around..so yeah the cleric skill with no exp loss is stupid..maybe 3 years ago it would be great,but all this so called new stuff has came a day late and a dollar short for me to even care.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I care more about pvp. lvling is just boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • Prettymcbabe - Sanctuary
    Prettymcbabe - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    oh for the love of god, please can some mod end this thread, if only for the reason to quite this "futurelord"? Seriously, my neck is killing me from looking up at him on his pedestal. lord knows Im thankful he's on a different server, Id hate to think of having him/her is squad with me...lol sorry futurelord, you're just not the top authority on Clerics, and their skills. you may be an adequate cleric, but Ill bet you're more trouble than its worth...lol you probably just bark out at everyone in squad, telling them what they do wrong, I mean since you're rarely wrong, that is what you said isn't it? You have your style of play, other people have theirs, why be so critical about them? and he is one thing you are wrong about, when two clerics are in squad, never have I seen them fight, and when I'm on my cleric, I have never had to argue about who heals or DD's, sorry if you and the clerics you've played with have had a hard time figuring out something so simple...lol
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I for-see many QQ threads about Clerics not healing in squad because they want to go into Metal Mage Mode and be a mini-wizard.

I think then this thread could be revisited....Until then, this support class, I will maintain, got trolled b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Prettymcbabe - Sanctuary
    Prettymcbabe - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Personally I don't care if the cleric in squad wants to DD, as long as they can heal. RedsRose is correct clerics are support, but if they can help DD and keep the sqaud alive, then power to them... :p