A DIfferent Girl - What Autism Means to me

Options

Comments

• ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Postin from my iPod rite now. Well here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egFx3wF2QCE
    I don't have much to say, but also I've never shown myself on YouTube. I was really nervous while filming tell me do I look it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Private video is private, ZackMystic. b:surrender

And hats off to you guys. So strong :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Zach, if you want us to see it, put it as unlisted :)
    Xainoupoo <3 thanks ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Zach, if you want us to see it, put it as unlisted :)
    Xainoupoo <3 thanks ^^

Ah ok, stupid ipod didnt have that as an option b:surrender http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egFx3wF2QCE it should work naow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
  • Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    Wolfssohn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,535 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why is the first half of the title of the topic "A different girl"...? I've yet to see a girl (or human in general) that is not "different"...
    Ya even said in the vid "Whatever "normal" is..."...so yeah...maybe ya are "normal" and everyone else is different...

Anyways...I like that video...kinda...it's not that special, but it can help people to understand Autism/Aspergers a lil' (without makein' a stupid drama out of it, like television does...) and maybe even make 'em think before they attempt to bully someone...

But...(and to get kinda back to the top of my post...) I can't notice any big difference between ya...and the rest of people I've seen in my life...might be 'cause it's less than 10 minutes I've seen of ya...or maybe ya have "just" a minor case...(I'll exclude the option that everyone I know has autism/aspergers, 'cause...the probability is quite low...), so maybe ya're less "different" than ya think...or I have aspergers aswell and can't see the difference 'cause of it...doubt it though...or at least I don't care...
    Enough 'bout that...for now...

What I don't understand is why your parents don't like ya talkin' 'bout it...?
    Do they think it might be "dangerous"...?

Wanted to write somethin' else, but...forgot what it was...
    Hope that text makes any sense...

Aehm...and Zack, ya do look pretty similar to your sig-char, but...not 100%...which is kinda impossible anyways...
    And how come it seems that pretty much everybody can play guitar/bass, but me...?
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My dear beerbarian :3
    The fact is, they want me to not talk about it so people will no think im... Well.. Different.
    I think that they are scaredif I speak out about my condition, i'll be a target. So yeah, I get where ya comin from.
    Im already a target at school (alienation anyways.. ), but you know? I'm not bothered about it. It is a free country,.and I got the right of free speech ^^.
    Zach, well done making that video mate, evrn though I saw.you ate nervous. Dont be! And I gotta say, cute lol.

edited January 2012
    Options
    Aehm...and Zack, ya do look pretty similar to your sig-char, but...not 100%...which is kinda impossible anyways...
    And how come it seems that pretty much everybody can play guitar/bass, but me...?

Better than none at all!

And also thx Esnemyl XD its good to hear that for once!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I can't play guitar either >.>
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Neither can I <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Rape_ur_Soul - Dreamweaver
    Rape_ur_Soul - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Not only I can't play the guitar, I also lack any kind of talent whatsoever.

Back to the topic, I don't have aspengers, or don't think I do, but I know a guy who has it REALLY strong, and he's one of the smarted guys I know. He plays the piano like few people can, and although he cannot relate to many people, as his symdrome won't let him, he is a great guy once you get to know him.

He is now finishing his uni, will graduate in Medicine in four months or so.
    Only drink by day or night (or somewheres in between)
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Congratulations to your friend!
    I think I did mention about a lady called Temple Grandin in an annotation somewhere.. but I think she is one of the greatest people with autism who is currently living. She made a 'squeezing' machine that can halm down hypersensitive people who go into an anger/crying fit, and has also had a great influence in the way animals are treat before they are sent into the slaughter:

"I think using animals for food is an ethical thing to do, but we've got to do it right. We've got to give those animals a decent life and we've got to give them a painless death. We owe the animal respect." - Temple Grandin

She's a very influencial person. I completely admire her work ^^

I can't play a damn instrument in my life XD the only musical thing I do is Sing :3
    Zack, I linekd your video in an annotation at the end of the video :)

edited February 2012
    Options
    Esnemyl i had to make my post quick yesterday and didnt get to say that you are very attractive as well b:cuteb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
  • Lynzeya - Dreamweaver
    Lynzeya - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Awright, I made the video public, lets see what happens o.o please share my vid! I'll make muffins if ya do ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vixter - harshlands:
    hey, i got a good idea, lets complain about gas prices, since thats also something we have no control over!

<3 proud to be autistic! /watch?v=Q7lJ8ioD2-g Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    very cool thread. Glad I stopped to read it and watched the video. You are a very brave girl and I hope you keep spreading your message. Take care
  • Arythalia - Dreamweaver
    Arythalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Wow just wow. You're so brave coming on here and saying all this stuff! I really do admire you. Whilst I don't have autism or asbergers (I feel like I spelt that wrong) I do have a disease which everyone who knows about it wants me to talk about but I'm too... I guess ashamed to do so, cause I'm scared of the judgement. b:surrender So I really think its amazing that you can accept who you are and be doubly as cool with it b:victory

Ps I like ur teddy bear b:cute I have a couple myself but shush don't tell anyone o.o b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks tons to Bellefleurs for the sig<3
    Arythalia - 100 sage wizzie - main - active
    Eadrienia - 9x demon archer - active
    Myantria - 7x psychic - active
    Multiple other 6x, 7x, and 8x chars too, but too many to list in one sig b:shutup
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Wow just wow. You're so brave coming on here and saying all this stuff! I really do admire you. Whilst I don't have autism or asbergers (I feel like I spelt that wrong) I do have a disease which everyone who knows about it wants me to talk about but I'm too... I guess ashamed to do so, cause I'm scared of the judgement. b:surrender So I really think its amazing that you can accept who you are and be doubly as cool with it b:victory

Ps I like ur teddy bear b:cute I have a couple myself but shush don't tell anyone o.o b:shutup

You should pm meh about it, im curious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I sent the video a while ago to a lady who I saw in a comment, her daughter is autistic and cant speak, so i decided to send the video to give her some hope.
    here is the reply, If it doesnt show up, i'll type it out:

(Yes, she typed this in caps.., she explained she was partially blind)

'HELLO. THANKS FOR WRITING ME AND MAKING YOUR VIDEOS. I ALSO HAVE HOPE WHEN I WATCH THE VIDEOS MADE BY AUTISTIC PEOPLE, IT IS AMAZING TO ME HOW BRAVE YOU ALL ARE FOR TELLING YOUR STORIES AND HAVING TO DEAL WITH TOUGH THINGS. I HOPE ONE DAY MY DAUGHTER WILL BE ABLE TO TALK AND TELL ME HOW HER AUTISM AFFECTS HER. ITS REALLY HARD TO FIGURE OUT SO MUCH ABOUT HER CONSIDERING SHE DOESN'T COMMUNICATE. MY WISH IS THAT ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE HER TALKING TO ME. KEEP MAKING VIDEOS BECAUSE OTHER AUTISTICS AND THEIR PARENTS ENJOY WATCHING THEM. THANK YOU. YOUR AMAZING'

• Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Drazo :o I did think you shared some of my characteristics when we were in the same faction.. Dyna or Tempest I cant really remember.
    It was really frustrating for my parents to actually find out what was, er, 'wrong' with me. they went through at least 5 psychiatrists until they cracked I had Aspergers, official diagnosis for me was in 2004 when I was 9 years old b:surrender.
    Congratulations on your diagnosis! ^^

The only guild I've been in that I didn't make was AsOne....and then there was Dragoons and Guildless which I made and actually had some players in besides myself.

I can't remember most of my guild-mates anyway. b:avoid
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm proud of you, Esne. I wouldn't be able to come forth and speak about it if I was in your shoes. you embrace it so much... it makes me jealoust that I can't even embrace my smallest imperfections. You're a strong girl <3 You'll get far in life.

(I have yet to watch the video, however. I will when I go home.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm proud of you, Esne. I wouldn't be able to come forth and speak about it if I was in your shoes. You embrace it so much... it makes me jealous that I can't even embrace my smallest imperfections. You're a strong girl <3 You'll get far in life.
    [\QUOTE]

Gabbeh D: dont you dare say that :/ You are a really pretty girl with probably the most luckiest guy eva! As far as I know, you are brilliantly perfect in your own way :)

• Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That wasn't the point I was trying to make, hun b:chuckle

You're a strong girl because you've embraced yourself despite your disability. Normal people can't do that and those that do... they're strong as well. You're 15x stronger though since you actually have a disability and not a petty makeup smear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options

You're a strong girl because you've embraced yourself despite your disability. Normal people can't do that and those that do... they're strong as well. You're 15x stronger though since you actually have a disability and not a makeup smear
    ^
    A makeup smear? I didnt understand that bit, but everything else I dids.
    Thank you Gabbeh ^.^ I really appretiate the comments! +cookie+

• Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ^
    A makeup smear? I didnt understand that bit, but everything else I dids.
    Thank you Gabbeh ^.^ I really appretiate the comments! +cookie+

Like when her makeup is smeared or when her makeup runs or whatever you'd like to call it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
    edited February 2012
    Options

You're a strong girl because you've embraced yourself despite your disability. Normal people can't do that and those that do... they're strong as well. You're 15x stronger though since you actually have a disability and not a petty makeup smear.

Just want to say, that aspergers isnt a disability >.> its not a disorder really, its a syndrome, and its honestly a diffrent way of thinking imo. and i believe we think diffrently then alot of people. Many famous peoplein history have had aspergers, few that bring the biggest interest to me would be Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, Charles darwin, and Gary numan(He rocks XD).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
  • Lynzeya - Dreamweaver
    Lynzeya - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, the video has hit almost 300 views now. To some, that is not a lot, but to me it means so much
    Thank you to every single individual who has watched this small 'speech' :3 You have no idea how muchgratitude I feel knowing my condition is being made aware.
    Please continue sharing this, and remember: wierdness can be just damn awesomesauce x3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vixter - harshlands:
    hey, i got a good idea, lets complain about gas prices, since thats also something we have no control over!

<3 proud to be autistic! /watch?v=Q7lJ8ioD2-g Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, the video has hit almost 300 views now. To some, that is not a lot, but to me it means so much
    Thank you to every single individual who has watched this small 'speech' :3 You have no idea how muchgratitude I feel knowing my condition is being made aware.
    Please continue sharing this, and remember: wierdness can be just damn awesomesauce x3

Thats good to hear, but i dont find it wierd at all, i find all the other people weird lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
  • jyana57
    jyana57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Aspie here too. Just wanted to say hi.. so hi.

(Doesn't know what else to say so runs off to hide under the table).
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I went through hell in school because no one recognized my condition. Not even the staff. Not that I know 100% that I have a condition... it's self-diagnosed. But I see myself as a good person when so many others do not. I can relate to aspies so much, I'd be surprised if I'm not autistic.

Whatever... ;_;

Anyway, it's nice to see the next generation coming out like this and spreading awareness.
    The only guild I've been in that I didn't make was AsOne....and then there was Dragoons and Guildless which I made and actually had some players in besides myself.

I can't remember most of my guild-mates anyway. b:avoid
    I've been in AsOne since uh... June? Idk xD

Fac is dead atm, at least till Liv comes back. I'm holding it till then. *waits forever* b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arythalia - Dreamweaver
    Arythalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You should pm meh about it, im curious

Sorry I never got back to you, I got rather distracted by life and then by the time I went to pm you I was being dumb and couldn't figure out the core connect pming system... So seeing as its late at night and nows the time I usually feel really sorry for myself and tend to do things I wouldn't usually, I'll just post here. Anyway, the problem I have pretty severe depression and an on and off anxiety disorder. The doctors Ive seen about it think I inherited it which kinda sucks, cause there's nothing I could have done to avoid it. In
    a VERY general way it really just means I see things in a different (usually worse) light than everyone else. Which is why I'm really impressed by Esne and you because even if I wanted to the depression wouldn't let me do anything similar. I'm going to stop now cause otherwise I'll go into a self pity fest which is never good and happens all too often.
    Just want to say again that y'all are awesome and what you're doing is amazing b:victory b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks tons to Bellefleurs for the sig<3
    Arythalia - 100 sage wizzie - main - active
    Eadrienia - 9x demon archer - active
    Myantria - 7x psychic - active
    Multiple other 6x, 7x, and 8x chars too, but too many to list in one sig b:shutup
  • CHOBITS - Dreamweaver
    CHOBITS - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Love the video b:thanks
    Strong of you to be so open about it and share with everyone.

My sisters husband and their son both have Aspergers so i know what it's like to live with.

Hope all the best for you b:bye