A DIfferent Girl - What Autism Means to me

Options
13»

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I went through hell in school because no one recognized my condition. Not even the staff. Not that I know 100% that I have a condition... it's self-diagnosed. But I see myself as a good person when so many others do not. I can relate to aspies so much, I'd be surprised if I'm not autistic.
    Anyway, it's nice to see the next generation coming out like this and spreading awareness.

You haven't thought of getting it officially diagnosed? Or did they **** you around when you tried the first time?
    I get where ya comin' from with the bullying at school. I hope college is a fresh start for me.
    The problemis that I have pretty severe depression and an on and off anxiety disorder. The doctors Ive seen about it think I inherited it which kinda sucks, cause there's nothing I could have done to avoid it. In
    a VERY general way it really just means I see things in a different (usually worse) light than everyone else. Which is why I'm really impressed by Esne and you because even if I wanted to the depression wouldn't let me do anything similar. I'm going to stop now cause otherwise I'll go into a self pity fest which is never good and happens all too often.
    Just want to say again that y'all are awesome and what you're doing is amazing b:victory b:cute

Thanks Aryth :) My boyfriend has something similar, they out him on something called beta-blockers 'n' he's doing a lot better now. I hope you can work stuffs out. Actually, have you tried drawing? I draw when I feel depressed, it's a nice reliever.
    Love the video b:thanks
    Strong of you to be so open about it and share with everyone.

My sisters husband and their son both have Aspergers so i know what it's like to live with.

Hope all the best for you b:bye

Thank you Chobits :)

Thanks for all the comments, by the way, if you wanna see how my mind works any more, I have a blog on my website :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Ellipse - Harshlands
    Ellipse - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Wow, you're really brave and I admire your spirit :D
    Back in my home country Finland I had an aspie friend, but she didn't talk about it, being honest, even I didn't know for a long time. It's great that you can be so open about it.

And by the way, did I mention that I think you're pretty?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Che: Ellipse... That's sort of like a circle gone wrong isn't it?
  • Lynzeya - Dreamweaver
    Lynzeya - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Holy guacamole and cheeseballs! its jumped to 400 views now.. thank you everyone!

Wow, you're really brave and I admire your spirit :D
    Back in my home country Finland I had an aspie friend, but she didn't talk about it, being honest, even I didn't know for a long time. It's great that you can be so open about it.

And by the way, did I mention that I think you're pretty?

I'll ignore the last bit b:shy. Thanks for your comment though :) You wouldn't know a lot of people are aspies until they told you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vixter - harshlands:
    hey, i got a good idea, lets complain about gas prices, since thats also something we have no control over!

<3 proud to be autistic! /watch?v=Q7lJ8ioD2-g Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hey... good for you sweetheart! It's awesome that you can own this! People that can't handle you for YOU can just **** off XD

+over 9000 for being great :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Aspies is an excuse for being awkward. IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    +1 for being so bold

+100000 For being strong.

totally agree with this

Just stumbled over this thread.

hmm weird??? naah no way.
    I always think, what is normal? It depends on who explains what the word mean to them - What is normal for me, might be strange or weird if you ask my neighbor, and vice versa.

But I must say that you are a very brave person, posting on a forum where a lot of ppl can read and post... risking the possibility of flaming trolling etc.

You Rock Girl b:victory
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

It isn't.
    And even if it was, what would it change? People are different. Noone is the 'perfect person'.
    We're all humans and we all got our quirks.

Hats off to Esne and the others who embraced themselves as being that way. I can only imagine how hard it is and I got great respect for you guys :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options

I respect your opinion, thank you for posting.

hmm weird??? naah no way.
    I always think, what is normal? It depends on who explains what the word mean to them - What is normal for me, might be strange or weird if you ask my neighbor, and vice versa.

But I must say that you are a very brave person, posting on a forum where a lot of ppl can read and post... risking the possibility of flaming trolling etc.

You Rock Girl b:victory

Aww thanks! :) Tbh I don't think i'm really that brave, I jsut don't care what people think of me anymore XD And I agree that wierdness is different to different peoplez.

Hats off to Esne and the others who embraced themselves as being that way. I can only imagine how hard it is and I got great respect for you guys :)
    wuv you too Xainy b:cute

Aand.. omah, over 500/nearly 600 views o.o

• Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    +1 for being so bold

+100000 For being strong.
    and
    +100000000 for having a courage to make this video :)
    u're awesome girl
    and remember u're not weird, u're original :D
    I watched this video with a huge smile on my face, u're such a warm and positive person. And dw about others.. Haters will always find a reason to hate =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Sneaker - Dreamweaver
    Sneaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Awesome video ...i wish you much happiness in your real life, and may you continue to enjoy the time you spend here in Perfectworld

<
    28 year old female who still hugs her stuffed animals now and then b:laugh
    Sneaker 105 sage sin

"Memory is the guardian of all things"

Cicero
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. You explained it so well. You're a brave woman, that's for sure. I also think your art is awesome, your creativity knows no bounds, apparently. I envy your ability to hyper focus. Much love to you and keep your head up.
  • mitzis
    mitzis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    A very heartfelt video... I know exactly what you feel, as my brother suffers from autism, too. Never mind what the people around you say, just be yourself and remember there are always people who will love and support you. I sincerely wish you the best of luck and happiness in your life, feel better soon!

edited April 2012
    Options
    I went through hell in school because no one recognized my condition. Not even the staff. Not that I know 100% that I have a condition... it's self-diagnosed. But I see myself as a good person when so many others do not. I can relate to aspies so much, I'd be surprised if I'm not autistic.

Whatever... ;_;

Anyway, it's nice to see the next generation coming out like this and spreading awareness.

I've been in AsOne since uh... June? Idk xD

Fac is dead atm, at least till Liv comes back. I'm holding it till then. *waits forever* b:sad

Same 'ere....but I am officially diagnosed now.

AsOne slowly died after Grim left. b:sad
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • O_o - Lost City
    O_o - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Your accent is nice but you're kind of hard to understand. (sometimes) Probably just me though, cuz I rarely talk or listen to people with that accent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    hell ya'll got me wondering now if the idiot in the military diagnosed me correctly since i behave somewhat similarly and have alot of the same personality traits expressed. they diagnosed sociopathic tendencies, and said that i use strategy as a tool to get my way... i was always just interested in it i thought.

I support people who serve for their country :) Maybe you could ask for a rediagnosis somewhere? idk how though :/ Autism can be misdiagnosed, I may have said before, but I got accidently diagnosed with ADHD when I was younger.
    mitzis wrote: »
    A very heartfelt video... I know exactly what you feel, as my brother suffers from autism, too. Never mind what the people around you say, just be yourself and remember there are always people who will love and support you. I sincerely wish you the best of luck and happiness in your life, feel better soon!

Aww thank you, but I feel fine :D Best of luck for your bro, he isnt 'suffering', he's just limited edition :)
    Your accent is nice but you're kind of hard to understand. (sometimes) Probably just me though, cuz I rarely talk or listen to people with that accent.
    Haha ^^ I get that a lot, my accent is fupped up! b:chuckle Thanks for watching

Thanks again for all your replies. And Murcas too (dang auto quote didnt work :O), thanks my fuzzy werewolf pumpkin friend b:cute