Dear Perfect World International

Options
StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
so i originally posted this in the Archosaur sub forums but i wanted to get the whole pwi communities aspect of this....

so i was talking to some of my friends from the gewd ol' days (cloud, six, and clac) and something interesting was brought up... what could pwi do to save this piece o' **** game from completely dying..

well pwi this is a suggestion from yours truly studmuffin <3

start a new pvp server... and make cash shopping disabled (no csing). no gold for coin auction thingy bullshiz and no swiping away till a pack finally gives you some stupidly over powered item. make everything in the boutique (hypers, charms, fashion, etc.) buy-able with IN-GAME coin. oh oh oh and ummm rank should be there but for like a trillion coin so that if someone actually got r9 he/she F-ing deserves it (and we could distinguish which people on the server have no lives)....

i promise you a HUGE influx of old players (and those bored out of their minds that currently play) joining this server.

p,s pwi won't do this for ONE reason alone... we wouldn't be pumping daddy's credit card into this game and blowing away about 2 grand on something for an animated pixel.... and pwi, I even have a solution for this problem... make fashion and stupid **** like that cash-shop-able... i know people in this game that have spend more money on fashion than it cost to get rank 9 on their toon (all of my exes and abymoon are perfect examples).

anywho lemme know what you guys think b:kiss
Post edited by StudmuffinIX - Archosaur on

Comments

• Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Private server.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No.
    make fashion and stupid **** like that cash-shop-able

fashion is serious business b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No Hypers, No BH runs.

Make people come back to the open map.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So um... no cash shopping means no income for PWE. How would they finance this boondoggle, or are you suggesting a subscription server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You make it sound like this idea hasn't been suggested about 50 times before you and it was your own original thought...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So um... no cash shopping means no income for PWE.

Exactly. Not gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure they make way more money with it being "free" than they would if they charged a monthly fee for it, so that's not going to happen either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think this line is the biggest tip-off to what OP is suggesting here:
    pwi, I even have a solution for this problem... make fashion and stupid **** like that cash-shop-able... i know people in this game that have spend more money on fashion than it cost to get rank 9 on their toon
    If I'm reading this right, he's suggesting a cash shop set up where only cosmetic or semi-functional items are sold. Kind of like what we had back in '08-09 before packs came out.

I mean it's not gonna happen either way, but... let's at least read the OP's post instead of skimming half of it and saying "oh he wants to remove the CS entirely." :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think this line is the biggest tip-off to what OP is suggesting here:

If I'm reading this right, he's suggesting a cash shop set up where only cosmetic or semi-functional items are sold. Kind of like what we had back in '08-09 before packs came out.

I mean it's not gonna happen either way, but... let's at least read the OP's post instead of skimming half of it and saying "oh he wants to remove the CS entirely." :P

Oh, I read it. He referred to fashion as "stupid ****". b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No Hypers, No BH runs.

Make people come back to the open map.

It would have to be pre-BH for me to do all over again.

I'm one of the rare people who thought the old way of leveling was just fine.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i for one would love to see this happen but yes it will not ever happen.im with you i thought the old way was working just fineb:cry
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i for one would love to see this happen but yes it will not ever happen.im with you i thought the old way was working just fineb:cry

Yeah. I enjoyed leveling up the old way and all of my alts stopped progressing once everyone started hyper frosting. I guess I'm the opposite of most people here.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I couldn't read your post. My little cousin in third grade is able to capitalize and form sentences without even trying; she would actually have to try hard to mimic your writing style. However, other people decoded the point of your post. I agree that having a cosmetic and exp boost cash shop is the way to go and PWE's item mall model is extreme. Supposedly, the Chinese version of this game has an even more expensive and imbalanced cash shop so we are 'lucky' to have this version.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Supposedly, the Chinese version of this game has an even more expensive and imbalanced cash shop so we are 'lucky' to have this version.

Nope b:pleased they are " the lucky ones " but they want those almighty items in their cash shop, just like this international server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Xx_Cloud_xXx - Archosaur
    Xx_Cloud_xXx - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think this would be a great idea.
    ~Start a New PVP Server
    ~Little to None Cash Shopping
    ~Requiring skill to get to the top
    ~No OP Characters that used their Dad's Ferrari to buy it with -.-
    ~TW will be more fun
    ~More people will come back to PW :)
    ~We'll call it the Community Service Server rofl jk..but at least something thats showing that its cash shopping free :D
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    Options
    PWE won't do this because they can't make money off it and it will cost them to operate it.

I just started my own private server. Only the original classes, and everyone farms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah. I enjoyed leveling up the old way and all of my alts stopped progressing once everyone started hyper frosting. I guess I'm the opposite of most people here.

i for one miss the zhen parties and the the zhen party raids b:surrender
  • AnomenDelryn - Heavens Tear
    AnomenDelryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I play on a PvE server but I love this idea and would play on PvP server to play like this again. As far as people making money by selling fashion, you could have the fashion non-tradeable except between your toons and ofc account stashable. Just have players make money by selling mats, herbs, gear.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No BH, no hypering and no FFing. I can only dream. b:dirty
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    no aps or am i the only barb who want his tank role back
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i know people in this game that have spend more money on fashion than it cost to get rank 9 on their toon (all of my exes and abymoon are perfect examples).

full r9 set - 1.5k gold
    2 piece of nirv - 200 gold
    stage 3 neck - 600 gold
    full jades - 1.5k gold
    full +12 refines - 1.5k gold
    lets throw in the rings for free

that's over 5k gold... and i am pretty sure i underestimated the cost. i can name several people with 5k+ gold worth of gear... how many can you name with 5k+ in fashion?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I agree no APS! Honestly though if they did have a server like this would tons players play on it? There's too many greedy, impatient players on the regular servers who wouldn't leave for this server. PWE would still get their money.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    full r9 set - 1.5k gold
    stage 3 neck - 600 gold
    full jades - 1.5k gold

that's over 5k gold... and i am pretty sure i underestimated the cost. i can name several people with 5k+ gold worth of gear... how many can you name with 5k+ in fashion?

sir i was clearly exaggerating. that said however, my point was that pwi could make its money in this server by selling fashion, dyes, mounts, charms, etc.

i know PLENTY of people (i can name them if you like) that will blow tons of money on not just the fashion alone but on dyes to get the EXACT color they want it.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I agree no APS! Honestly though if they did have a server like this would tons players play on it? There's too many greedy, impatient players on the regular servers who wouldn't leave for this server. PWE would still get their money.

i wouldn't mind the aps tbh (not because I'm a BM or anything because i would roll a wizard in this "server") but they would have to make a way for mages to keep up with them farming wise... besides do you know how long it would take without hypers, bhs, and fcs to get to 100? and not to mention aps becomes good only after 3 aps which by farming alone would be hard as hell to do... in all honesty i doubt people would even attempt to go for aps in this "server"
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    full r9 set - 1.5k gold
    stage 3 neck - 600 gold
    full jades - 1.5k gold

I have at least 3 on my friends list in LC that have spent over 10k on fashion....why they spent this much....I have no clue ._.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You know, you all may not like APS (me included), but it was in the game already, it just was "impossible" to attain.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    You know, you all may not like APS (me included), but it was in the game already, it just was "impossible" to attain.

yep it was only till packs came out and people would get the scroll of tome and the wing trophy that it was worth going after but since in my theoretical server there won't be packs then it shouldn't even be a factor
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yep it was only till packs came out and people would get the scroll of tome and the wing trophy that it was worth going after but since in my theoretical server there won't be packs then it shouldn't even be a factor

Uhm....there is still the crafted lunar cape and Pan gu...

So basically people would just need to farm Lunar (even with the 3 mil opening fee...would be nice if you remoed that in your server since people couldn't do gold trade to make that cash easily) and farm Rebirth.
    (And I know there has to be some method of obtaining the Mystical Tome Pages in game...just haven't found out what yet (and yes I mean besides tokens))

I mean with just those two things in mind, BM's could still easily get 5.0 and so could archers, sins, barbs, and basically anything else that can use fists or daggers. :/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Uhm....there is still the crafted lunar cape and Pan gu...

So basically people would just need to farm Lunar (even with the 3 mil opening fee...would be nice if you remoed that in your server since people couldn't do gold trade to make that cash easily) and farm Rebirth.
    (And I know there has to be some method of obtaining the Mystical Tome Pages in game...just haven't found out what yet (and yes I mean besides tokens))

I mean with just those two things in mind, BM's could still easily get 5.0 and so could archers, sins, barbs, and basically anything else that can use fists or daggers. :/

tome pages are in delta if i remember correctly and without being able to auction gold for coin the 3 mil fee will be an insanely huge amount to pay (remember its like 10 runs +) but even with the aps they wouldn't have any good weapon with aps (remember no lunar weps unless you farm em).. besides that just to get to level 95 on zhening alone will take you a few years if the instances remain as they are (which they should)....
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    tome pages are in delta if i remember correctly and without being able to auction gold for coin the 3 mil fee will be an insanely huge amount to pay (remember its like 10 runs +) but even with the aps they wouldn't have any good weapon with aps (remember no lunar weps unless you farm em).. besides that just to get to level 95 on zhening alone will take you a few years if the instances remain as they are (which they should)....

Well going by your theory of a older style server, the 3 mil opening fee would actually be removed (since it was added in as a coin sink). This would make it a bit easier to actually farm the gold mats and other items needed.

Of course people would still need to farm the hell outta cube because of the drop rate of gold mats and not having the type of gear we currently do to deal with the bosses w/o some major help (Good squad and all).

Though, I wouldn't mind your server as I see it as a way to show what players are actually old players and know the game and what players are frost babies. (Though I do have to agree, hitting lvl 95 would take a while...probably a year or so..but that might just be me since I can usually no-life PWI if I ever want to...I mean back in middle school I went from 1 to 79 just doing all the quests, grinding like mad, the Crazy Stone daily and world quest daily, I think I did just about everything (except rebirth) to gain exp before hyper stones and BH's came out.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    so i originally posted this in the Archosaur sub forums but i wanted to get the whole pwi communities aspect of this....

so i was talking to some of my friends from the gewd ol' days (cloud, six, and clac) and something interesting was brought up... what could pwi do to save this piece o' **** game from completely dying..

well pwi this is a suggestion from yours truly studmuffin <3

start a new pvp server... and make cash shopping disabled (no csing). no gold for coin auction thingy bullshiz and no swiping away till a pack finally gives you some stupidly over powered item. make everything in the boutique (hypers, charms, fashion, etc.) buy-able with IN-GAME coin. oh oh oh and ummm rank should be there but for like a trillion coin so that if someone actually got r9 he/she F-ing deserves it (and we could distinguish which people on the server have no lives)....

i promise you a HUGE influx of old players (and those bored out of their minds that currently play) joining this server.

p,s pwi won't do this for ONE reason alone... we wouldn't be pumping daddy's credit card into this game and blowing away about 2 grand on something for an animated pixel.... and pwi, I even have a solution for this problem... make fashion and stupid **** like that cash-shop-able... i know people in this game that have spend more money on fashion than it cost to get rank 9 on their toon (all of my exes and abymoon are perfect examples).

anywho lemme know what you guys think b:kiss

I like your idea; it would be heaven for me and lot of people; it would be really fun; however this is pretty much a free lunch... and remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch. What would PWI win from all this? If they were an organization, then they would be happy for making other people happy, but I believed they are called PWI Inc, or Corp? I'm not sure, but either case, they are not an organization, they are here for the money.