Dear Perfect World International

Comments

• StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I like your idea; it would be heaven for me and lot of people; it would be really fun; however this is pretty much a free lunch... and remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch. What would PWI win from all this? If they were an organization, then they would be happy for making other people happy, but I believed they are called PWI Inc, or Corp? I'm not sure, but either case, they are not an organization, they are here for the money.

it's been discussed before (in this very thread -.-) but like i said by selling fashion, mounts, dyes, charms, etc (things that DON'T affect play and gear and so on) pwi would still gain a fairly high income. and not to mention back when charms first came out people would blow huge amount of money on them because mobs would hit you like a truck and charms would die much faster than they do now (not to mention it being a pvp server).
    edited February 2012
    oh one more thing, as someone mentioned this has been brought up but i tried to find it and couldn't see it anywhere so i made this post..

and i wanted to know is there any way that a mod or someone with connections to who ever runs this sort of **** (I'm guessing it's over seas but I'm not sure) to get the word out to pwe and see if this is remotely plausible?

*probably just wishful thinking on my part, but i miss the good ol' days too much not to try ;)*
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sorry (OP) PW~Won't ever happen to take the CS part outta the game, like your saying it should...b:thanks

If they increased the packs win rates, to something more realistic then that crappy pay off rate they got right now, that in itself, may bring some peaple back......

As for fashions, they shoulda simply make an option to send a group of fashions "pure sets or mixed sets" placeable in a 'shopping cart' so we could buy them all at 1 time, and have them all come out 1-F'ing Color! When we buy them!! and not 4 different 1's, once when we buy the carted sets......And should also SELL an optional 'NEW Type' of Fashion ticket, that should be purchasable & go with carted sets... That would let us choose from (Second-1/Day-1) what COLOR we wanted the sets to be in the first place...b:angry

And lets not talk about how many dyes some of the RIPoFF fashion PiEcEs Take, compared to the normal amounts, that the majority of the other fashion pieces take........I mean Seriously PWe keep the all the fashions with a similarly needed dye rating, rather then tell us that 1 piece needs {3-dyes} and that another item of the same class type~needs {14-DYEZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz}.........b:surrender
  • HellsNoir - Sanctuary
    HellsNoir - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Im sure you could get the idea to work, tho Im sure its been tried before(no clue as to when where or how and all that). Only thing I see as a problem is that if you want this to get into the main corps ideas(or whatever were calling it now) is that you would have to do the work yourself.

Ive been told by multiple ppl that if we want anything done in this game, we make the suggestion to the main hq, and they will get back to us saying 'you make up the codes, the layouts, yadda yadda yadda' and we get what we want.

Not sure if thats true really but if it is it seems like a hell of a lot of work.(its probably a rumor but none have disproven it to me yet so iunno b:question) If your up to it then good on ya. Hope things work out if you try.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    so i originally posted this in the Archosaur sub forums but i wanted to get the whole pwi communities aspect of this....

so i was talking to some of my friends from the gewd ol' days (cloud, six, and clac) and something interesting was brought up... what could pwi do to save this piece o' **** game from completely dying..

well pwi this is a suggestion from yours truly studmuffin <3

start a new pvp server... and make cash shopping disabled (no csing). no gold for coin auction thingy bullshiz and no swiping away till a pack finally gives you some stupidly over powered item. make everything in the boutique (hypers, charms, fashion, etc.) buy-able with IN-GAME coin. oh oh oh and ummm rank should be there but for like a trillion coin so that if someone actually got r9 he/she F-ing deserves it (and we could distinguish which people on the server have no lives)....

i promise you a HUGE influx of old players (and those bored out of their minds that currently play) joining this server.

p,s pwi won't do this for ONE reason alone... we wouldn't be pumping daddy's credit card into this game and blowing away about 2 grand on something for an animated pixel.... and pwi, I even have a solution for this problem... make fashion and stupid **** like that cash-shop-able... i know people in this game that have spend more money on fashion than it cost to get rank 9 on their toon (all of my exes and abymoon are perfect examples).

anywho lemme know what you guys think b:kiss

This server woud be pay-2-play.
    edited February 2012
    This server woud be pay-2-play.

maybe but i doubt it, as long as there are people addicted to fashion (there always will be) pwi will be making a profit in this server... as seitori posted above fashion cost a hefty amount of money and then you have to spend an even larger amount of money to dye it the color you want.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    No Hypers, No BH runs.

Make people come back to the open map.

LOL! You're all on serious weeds :S

Don't like it? Go play a P2P game instead.
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    was gonna post some ideas and thoughts i got but whats the point.....i had fun back then and im having fun now, so that kinda tells you my opinion on this game.

its an interesting idea though and i would surely try it out just to remember those newbie days, playing as a barb and traveling the world searching for new quesst to do.

although, i would prefer a pve option lol.
    edited February 2012
    Im sure you could get the idea to work, tho Im sure its been tried before(no clue as to when where or how and all that). Only thing I see as a problem is that if you want this to get into the main corps ideas(or whatever were calling it now) is that you would have to do the work yourself.

Ive been told by multiple ppl that if we want anything done in this game, we make the suggestion to the main hq, and they will get back to us saying 'you make up the codes, the layouts, yadda yadda yadda' and we get what we want.

Not sure if thats true really but if it is it seems like a hell of a lot of work.(its probably a rumor but none have disproven it to me yet so iunno b:question) If your up to it then good on ya. Hope things work out if you try.

to do something of this caliber would take a team of programmers and I'm in college for business sooooo I don't even qualify for the team lol. that said from a business standpoint i see them making more money than people think from this server once you take into account all the variables and not to mention the demand for this server seems pretty high (remember i started this post a few hours ago and look at all the people that want it). oh and not to mention as things stand now their game is clearly dying off little by little (just take a peek at their stocks)... actually scratch that, it's dying off in an increasing rate tbh
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    it's been discussed before (in this very thread -.-) but like i said by selling fashion, mounts, dyes, charms, etc (things that DON'T affect play and gear and so on) pwi would still gain a fairly high income. and not to mention back when charms first came out people would blow huge amount of money on them because mobs would hit you like a truck and charms would die much faster than they do now (not to mention it being a pvp server).

But you mentioned that no zen charging and therefore no gold trading would be allowed. That all this would be got though the coins mobs drop, however those coins are totally worthless if there is no real money to exchange it to. So again, pw would not make any money, even if you bought charms from a npc for a ridiculous price.
    edited February 2012
    But you mentioned that no zen charging and therefore no gold trading would be allowed. That all this would be got though the coins mobs drop, however those coins are totally worthless if there is no real money to exchange it to. So again, pw would not make any money, even if you bought charms from a npc for a ridiculous price.

ok lemme explain... yes i said no zen charging but then because of the very fact that you mentioned pwi wouldn't pass that, i proposed that there would be zen changing allowed but only to things that didn't affect your gear or the play style (so fashion, mounts, wedding packs, dyes, etc would be cash shop-able) but no gold for coin, packs, hypers, or anything like that. end result would be pwi still making tons of money
  • seitori
    edited February 2012
    ok lemme explain... yes i said no zen charging but then because of the very fact that you mentioned pwi wouldn't pass that, i proposed that there would be zen changing allowed but only to things that didn't affect your gear or the play style (so fashion, mounts, wedding packs, dyes, etc would be cash shop-able) but no gold for coin, packs, hypers, or anything like that. end result would be pwi still making tons of money

Not really, it'd probably sadly do the reverse....b:tired

Quite a few peaple would quit because they could no longer buy their alts 'Top gears' anymore.....b:shocked

And even more peaple, who wanted too buy some of the (banned/removed) stuff in the future, would quit playing when they realized, that they could no longer catch up with the '1s' who already did buy all the now unavailable items B4 the CS Nerfs.....b:beg

It Sux to say, but PWi's got way to many peaple on it nowadays, that just want too pay their way through the game nowadways, rather then accept it any other way........b:surrender

"But look at it this way, atleast (PWi) still isn't as badly Scr*wED up, as bad as (SWG) got B4 it Died, now that MMO was really scr*wed up! On a wholey different level."......b:laugh
    edited February 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    Not really, it'd probably sadly do the reverse....b:tired

Quite a few peaple would quit because they couldn't by their alts Top gear anymore.....b:shocked

And even more peaple who wanted too buy some of the (banned/removed) stuff in the future would quit playing when they realized, that they could no longer catch up with the 1s who already did buy all the now unavailable items B4 the CS Nerfs.....b:beg

It Sux to say, but PWi's got way to many peaple on it nowadays, that just want too pay their way through the game nowadways, rather then accept it any other way........b:surrender

"But look at it this way, atleast (PWi) still isn't as badly Scr*wED up, as bad as (SWG) got B4 it Died, now that MMO was really scr*wed up! On a wholey different level."......b:laugh

i never said to change the existing servers i simple said to make a new pvp servers with these rules.. so let those who want R9 +12 to have their r9 +12 but let those people who want to have fun and actually want to farm up their gear and have zhen parties and so on have their way too
  • seitori
    edited February 2012
    i never said to change the existing servers i simple said to make a new pvp servers with these rules.. so let those who want R9 +12 to have their r9 +12 but let those people who want to have fun and actually want to farm up their gear and have zhen parties and so on have their way too

If your talking strictly on trying it on newly (created/dedicated) server's basis, It might work......b:thanks

But it still wouldn't draw as many peaple nowadays, as it would of brought in a couple years ago, B4 so many Peaple got so (CS) happy.......b:spit.......
    b:surrender
    edited February 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    If your talking strictly on trying it on newly (created/dedicated) server's basis, It might work......b:thanks

But it still wouldn't draw as many peaple nowadays, as it would of brought in a couple years ago, B4 so many Peaple got so (CS) happy.......b:spit.......
    b:surrender

see idk about that. i know A LOT of people that would come back to the game if this happened and not to mention that people bored out of their minds on the current servers would try it out and then figure out that is a lot more fun than their current servers
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    see idk about that. i know A LOT of people that would come back to the game if this happened and not to mention that people bored out of their minds on the current servers would try it out and then figure out that is a lot more fun than their current servers

If they amount of money they make is less than the amount it'd cost to keep the server running then they won't do it. You're suggesting a server that is essentially free to play, it won't happen, get over it.

If you like the game learn to adapt, if you dislike what's happened to it so much then quit. I miss how the game used to be but it's changed, you just have to learn to move on.
    edited February 2012
    If they amount of money they make is less than the amount it'd cost to keep the server running then they won't do it. You're suggesting a server that is essentially free to play, it won't happen, get over it.

If you like the game learn to adapt, if you dislike what's happened to it so much then quit. I miss how the game used to be but it's changed, you just have to learn to move on.

lol i love it when people just read the OP then post without reading the other posts... to start of pwi IS A F2P game and they would be generating revenue due to the things we have discussed in this thread (but since i know u didn't read them... fashion, dyes, mounts, charms, wedding packs, etc. just things that don't affect the play style nor the gear)

oh and p.s i did quit and started playing lol (league of legends) and the whole concept of my idea revolves around how that game does it and i think it's something that would work perfectly well in pwi
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    so i originally posted this in the Archosaur sub forums but i wanted to get the whole pwi communities aspect of this....

so i was talking to some of my friends from the gewd ol' days (cloud, six, and clac) and something interesting was brought up... what could pwi do to save this piece o' **** game from completely dying..

well pwi this is a suggestion from yours truly studmuffin <3

start a new pvp server... and make cash shopping disabled (no csing). no gold for coin auction thingy bullshiz and no swiping away till a pack finally gives you some stupidly over powered item. make everything in the boutique (hypers, charms, fashion, etc.) buy-able with IN-GAME coin. oh oh oh and ummm rank should be there but for like a trillion coin so that if someone actually got r9 he/she F-ing deserves it (and we could distinguish which people on the server have no lives)....

i promise you a HUGE influx of old players (and those bored out of their minds that currently play) joining this server.

p,s pwi won't do this for ONE reason alone... we wouldn't be pumping daddy's credit card into this game and blowing away about 2 grand on something for an animated pixel.... and pwi, I even have a solution for this problem... make fashion and stupid **** like that cash-shop-able... i know people in this game that have spend more money on fashion than it cost to get rank 9 on their toon (all of my exes and abymoon are perfect examples).

anywho lemme know what you guys think b:kiss

Thanks, haven't laughed this hard in a while. There a reason there are more PvE servers than PvP. Because more people enjoy PvE. And no CS means no money, not gonna happen.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    lol i love it when people just read the OP then post without reading the other posts... to start of pwi IS A F2P game and they would be generating revenue due to the things we have discussed in this thread (but since i know u didn't read them... fashion, dyes, mounts, charms, wedding packs, etc. just things that don't affect the play style nor the gear)

oh and p.s i did quit and started playing lol (league of legends) and the whole concept of my idea revolves around how that game does it and i think it's something that would work perfectly well in pwi

They're already running other servers, unless the new server can generate enough money that it's actually profitable for them to create and run it they won't. A server where they only have luxury items in the boutique won't net them nearly as much profit as a normal server with sales and packs. Throw that in with the fact that only oldschool players would want to go there, that means the server population wouldn't be as high as other servers which means less people to spend on the cash shop. Which, you know, kind of means they won't make as much money as if they had just opened up a regular server.

I read your thread, and while I respect that you want a server like this I find it idiotic to think they'd so much as consider it. This is PWE we're talking about here, they want money, not happy customers.
    edited February 2012
    They're already running other servers, unless the new server can generate enough money that it's actually profitable for them to create and run it they won't. A server where they only have luxury items in the boutique won't net them nearly as much profit as a normal server with sales and packs. Throw that in with the fact that only oldschool players would want to go there, that means the server population wouldn't be as high as other servers which means less people to spend on the cash shop. Which, you know, kind of means they won't make as much money as if they had just opened up a regular server.

I read your thread, and while I respect that you want a server like this I find it idiotic to think they'd so much as consider it. This is PWE we're talking about here, they want money, not happy customers.

as i said there is little to no chance in this happening and yes believe me i am fully aware pwi just wants whats in your wallet (big contribution to me quitting was this). and pwi is dying (stocks don't lie) so they can either keep milking people until the end comes or they can actually try to do things that its gaming community is asking for.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    as i said there is little to no chance in this happening and yes believe me i am fully aware pwi just wants whats in your wallet (big contribution to me quitting was this). and pwi is dying (stocks don't lie) so they can either keep milking people until the end comes or they can actually try to do things that its gaming community is asking for.

Which they won't.

/thread
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The statement you made in relation to their stock certainly appears to be valid.

(Everyone else,) To see for yourself go here:
    http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:PWRD

then click "ALL" in the "ZOOM" in the upper left hand corner of the graph

It would appear PWRD hit their 'peak' @ NOV 6, 2009 and has been steadily falling since then. Also appears to be rather drastically dropping off now =\

If you look at their 1yr history they're down -45.19%
    If you look at their 5yr/ALL history they're down -51.13%
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    (To the OP, please don't think I'm targeting you with this post, because I'm not, but)

To all those who think PW is a FREE to play game, read THIS: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2011/12/01/is-everything-perfect-about-perfect-world.aspx

It covers not only that their stock IS and or HAS indeed dropped, but confirms their REVENUE of some $111.2 MILLION dollars! (and that is only for ONE quarter!).

Here's for all of 2011:

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2011/Q1 - $93.59 million
    http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2011/Q2 - $103.01 million
    http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2011/Q3 - $92.03 million
    http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2011/Q4 - sadly is not yet available

so, so far, not including Q4 of 2011 they've made a gross profit of $ 288.63 MILLION DOLLARS

How about the annual report for all of 2010:

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2010 - $321.98 million

2009:

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2009 - $279.72 million

2008:

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2008 - $188.19 million

So, add that all up (and do not forget that doesn't even include Q4 of 2011) and since 2008 PWRD has GROSSED a HUGE:

$ 1.08 BILLION DOLLARS - $ 1,078,520,000 to be exact...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    To think the in-game experience directly affects stock market prices is insane.

And, if you look at PW on the balance sheets, it's actually a good buy and they actually have quite a bit of liquid capital equal to more than 30% of their share prices.

Derp is derp.

/thread
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The thing is, PWE certainly could create a server with a reduced cash shop. If you removed packs, removed gear-buying, and maybe removed (or just severely restricted) hypers, you'd have something very close to what we had in '08. And let's face it, that business model was working for them. They may have seriously cashed in with the first packs, but they were never in any dire need to do that.

Frankly, a server with a conservative CS would challenge a lot of veteran players to re-play the game without the conveniences we have today. Can you imagine sharding your gear without the ability to buy tokens and convert them to Flawless shards (protip: a Flawless shard costs somewhere close to 800k to craft)? And as for APS, well yeah, it's still technically obtainable, but where are you gonna get your Scroll of Tome from? Or your R8 armor? Even counting Nirvana gear (which would be much harder to obtain on this server, naturally), I can only see a max of 2.5 APS unsparked for a sin. I mean yeah, technically you could farm your way to crafting Pan Gu or a R8 top, but good friggin' luck. :P Pretty much nobody had R8 or a Lv6 tome in 2008/9, and for good reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The thing is, PWE certainly could create a server with a reduced cash shop. If you removed packs, removed gear-buying, and maybe removed (or just severely restricted) hypers, you'd have something very close to what we had in '08. And let's face it, that business model was working for them. They may have seriously cashed in with the first packs, but they were never in any dire need to do that.

Frankly, a server with a conservative CS would challenge a lot of veteran players to re-play the game without the conveniences we have today. Can you imagine sharding your gear without the ability to buy tokens and convert them to Flawless shards (protip: a Flawless shard costs somewhere close to 800k to craft)? And as for APS, well yeah, it's still technically obtainable, but where are you gonna get your Scroll of Tome from? Or your R8 armor? Even counting Nirvana gear (which would be much harder to obtain on this server, naturally), I can only see a max of 2.5 APS unsparked for a sin. I mean yeah, technically you could farm your way to crafting Pan Gu or a R8 top, but good friggin' luck. :P Pretty much nobody had R8 or a Lv6 tome in 2008/9, and for good reason.

http://pwcalc.com/6900563d2f787f47

The only thing in there that isn't possible is the r8 chest...unless you grind enough coin to get the rep...or do a **** ton of one-man armies.
    But yeah...it's possible to get 5.0 with a sin, it just depends on how much you are willing to farm.

(Still would be easier to get with a bm >.>...http://pwcalc.com/744871bb3153001e)
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    (To the OP, please don't think I'm targeting you with this post, because I'm not, but)

To all those who think PW is a FREE to play game, read THIS: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2011/12/01/is-everything-perfect-about-perfect-world.aspx

It covers not only that their stock IS and or HAS indeed dropped, but confirms their REVENUE of some $111.2 MILLION dollars! (and that is only for ONE quarter!).

Here's for all of 2011:

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2011/Q1 - $93.59 million
    http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2011/Q2 - $103.01 million
    http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2011/Q3 - $92.03 million
    http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2011/Q4 - sadly is not yet available

so, so far, not including Q4 of 2011 they've made a gross profit of $ 288.63 MILLION DOLLARS

How about the annual report for all of 2010:

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2010 - $321.98 million

2009:

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2009 - $279.72 million

2008:

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29/Data/Gross_Profit/2008 - $188.19 million

So, add that all up (and do not forget that doesn't even include Q4 of 2011) and since 2008 PWRD has GROSSED a HUGE:

$ 1.08 BILLION DOLLARS - $ 1,078,520,000 to be exact...

Wow......to think that PWI makes this much money every year is mind boggling b:faint
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Am I the only one who thinks BHs were a good idea?
    My first serious character was a cleric who, duh, has an important role in a squad, but back then pre lvl 60 (which was notable), the only instance experience you had was when other people were running your fbs. By the time you were expected to participate in instances, you were supposed to be high enough of a lvl to know what you were doing. Sure I could read up all I wanted about how to play my role, but nothing compares to experience. BH29 is the perfect environment to get practical practice of what one's squad role is and how to do it properly (whether it's healing, DDing without stealing aggro, tanking, whatevs).
    Really all BH needs is an experience nerf.

And as far as fixing the game, this new server, while it might be nice, isn't going to happen. At least I don't see it becoming a reality. IMO it doesn't need to happen. The issue now is people power leveling to high levels and obtainable supergear through spending tons of money.

People who spent money always had the advantage. Even if you couldn't buy your gear practically from the cash shop, selling gold to get coin allowed one to buy more mirages to refine better, or buy all of the matts needed for uber TT gear or something. Even back in early 2009 people were saying free to play, pay to win. However the gap wasn't as large.

Basically everything is way inflated on PW. There really is no good coin sink, TW comes closest what with bidding, tower buying and scroll buying, but even that doesn't really cover it. So with so much coin circulating in the first place, it only makes sense that the prices of things (like gold) are going to rise. However the amount of coin you get from grinding mobs stays the same.

Now instead of trying to introduce a crappy new sink (like the tiger badge quest or whatever that was introduced awhile ago), what they should do is make r9 gear obtainable through building up rank doing open world quests, probably starting around level 50 or 60. Pad mid-game content so that it is more appealing to stay at that level because you're earning rank that can get you your good end game gear.

As an added bonus, they could make an equivalent (or nearly so), pve mat farmable gear so that players have a choice between that or r9. Something with different strengths / weaknesses so that the decision might come down to personal preference more than anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • YeIIowFox - Harshlands
    YeIIowFox - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I honestly think it sounds like a good idea. He's not suggesting removing the cash shop he's simply suggesting to only have fashion and cosmetics in the cash shop on ONE new server. The other servers would continue as they are now.

I think doing this would bring alot of old players back, especially those that left when packs started being put in chash shop. Also you wouldnt even need to remove FC because you would need to quest/grind for the coins to be able to afford hyper exp stones to make FC worth the run, meaning there will be more people out in the map actually doing things.

sounds like a good plan to me...will never happen though.

b:bye
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have at least 3 on my friends list in LC that have spent over 10k on fashion....why they spent this much....I have no clue ._.

So if pwi can make money selling fashion... won't it make sense that they can make more money selling fashion AND gear? So essentially you are telling a them to cut their gross profit by over half?

and regarding your thing about old players coming back if there is a non pack/cs gear server. not sure if that is true. I played since the second day of ht... and i'll be damned if i am going to spend another year zhenning/fishing to 9x.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf