Dear Perfect World International

Options
13»

Comments

• Guddah - Archosaur
    Guddah - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So um... no cash shopping means no income for PWE. How would they finance this boondoggle, or are you suggesting a subscription server?

>implying PWI doesn't make money from their other games + google ads + free offers + any other affilations they have going on.

Shh .
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    so they can either keep milking people until the end comes or they can actually try to do things that its gaming community is asking for.

They will milk money, make another game, milk again, repeat.
    Thats how business go.

And why should they make things that "gaming community" is asking for with no profit as big as PWE making now?
    If they make low profit or falling down the hill now, what makes you think they will make bigger profit if they only put Fashion in CS?

To get a "Thank You" or "PWE is great"?

Go make yourself a Private Server seriously.. And sell Fashions that only obtainable with real money, which is your only income. See how long you can keep the server running.

>implying PWI doesn't make money from their other games + google ads + free offers + any other affilations they have going on.

Shh .

So, if you have 5 shops running, and 1 shop has not making any profit, you will still keep it by saying "oh, the income from the other 4 shops will cover the loss".

/facepalm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Guddah - Archosaur
    Guddah - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

So, if you have 5 shops running, and 1 shop has not making any profit, you will still keep it by saying "oh, the income from the other 4 shops will cover the loss".

/facepalm.

Naw, but if this update would being in a big influx of players as suggested. Not only would they be gaining profit from that, I'm sure a nice percentage of the new players will be joining the other servers and spending money/doing offers. Also, how is opening another server losing income anyway?
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

/facepalm.

Playing devil's advocate, the definition of a Cash Cow business is one that makes enough money to cover that business + a business that's not turning profit + make profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Autumn_Hope - Archosaur
    Autumn_Hope - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ... and pwi, I even have a solution for this problem... make fashion and stupid **** like that cash-shop-able... i know people in this game that have spend more money on fashion than it cost to get rank 9 on their toon (all of my exes and abymoon are perfect examples).

anywho lemme know what you guys think b:kiss

Hahahaha Stud, I am guilty of this myself, well..I let everyone else buy it then pick it up for 1/2 price.

Sadly, I remember the good ole days, before bh's, before sins, before lucky packs. The greedy suck the life right out of the game. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raging Tides - MorningStar_ lvl 7x cleric
    Dreamweaver - Autumn_Hope lvl 8x Cleric
    Arch-Autumn_Hope (Band of Brothers Leader) - lvl 9x Cleric

Silly people keep proving my theory correct.
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hahahaha Stud, I am guilty of this myself, well..I let everyone else buy it then pick it up for 1/2 price.

Sadly, I remember the good ole days, before bh's, before sins, before lucky packs. The greedy suck the life right out of the game. :(

lol a lot of people are guilty for this and there is nothing wrong with buying fashion (we all have fashion... er most i guess), whats bad about CSing is when it affects gear and game play imo it deminishes the game and makes it less about learning the game and more about put you money in naooooo!
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Go make a private server; they're so easy to make. You can find guides are ragezone, google it. If it's really important to you, find a good hosting server and pay for it so people can play on your server, but this suggestion, just like all other 50 of them, isn't going to happen here. As much as we all want it back, it isn't coming back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Xx_Cloud_xXx - Archosaur
    Xx_Cloud_xXx - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Go make a private server; they're so easy to make. You can find guides are ragezone, google it. If it's really important to you, find a good hosting server and pay for it so people can play on your server, but this suggestion, just like all other 50 of them, isn't going to happen here. As much as we all want it back, it isn't coming back.

With enough people answering to this thread..pwi might start actually looking into it. You never know. Hell.. with enough people that quit PWI starting a new server might bring em back and fresh people to boot. No one likes starting on an already OP server with R9 sins waiting to jump you on a PvP...its just not fun. Id rather see that spark of level 30s-50s again duking it out on a TW. But haters that don't appreciate the idea of this should not say anything at all. You guys say its never going to happen, but look at it...The OP CSers keep getting stronger while the little CS to none stay weak and become non-factors(no offense b:surrender )

Again... stud and alot of us players that quit because of this CS craze started happening..we dont see anyone questing anymore. or zhen running...just a bunch of people saying "OMG! LF JFC! or P LVLing 1-60!! pm me if interested!"

Starting a new PvP server with non affecting game items still be definitly a good idea for raising some munnies(<3 KHs) lol
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    PWI is a money-making machine. Dont expect things to change...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    you know...
    r9 +12 fully sharded.
    is attainable without cashshopping...

you're wasting time...
    Objective: Complete
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    you know...
    r9 +12 fully sharded.

you're wasting time...

Why are you charging then? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    you know...
    r9 +12 fully sharded.

you're wasting time...

What planet are you from? not even R8 was obtainable through a normal players means, i only know of one person that got rank 8 and that was on pw-my from constant fb runs for rep and his entire squad always made sure he had the rep items, he was the leader of the best guild on there which was why he got it after a couple years of farming it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hey Stud, you know something funny? Your "PWI Dream Server" almost perfectly describes a new game coming out that rhymes with "Build Doors Too". b:chuckle

This explains it well
  • darkymoon
    darkymoon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    =\ Dang why am I still reading PWI forums(b:surrender nostalgia)... You know stud and everyone... I was playing the game since when it was released,IT WAS AWESOME AT THE BEGINNING.
    Then packs came out... you have no idea how much people quit,including myself.

After some time I started playing again on the new server Archosaur and packs alone were OK. I was the first one to have nirvana daggers and nirvana gear on the server just with FARMING(yeh kinda 24h on pwi no lifer =p) and I was able to fight anyone on the server,even thou I never used real money and others were,still skill mattered,a bit at least. Then r8 came out(I mean the .. 80 gold version). Game was ruined once again and a lot of people quit, but still I could play and with a lot of farming and time on PWI I could compare even to the biggest CSers on the server. But, apparently that wasn't enough so R9 was buy able with $ now too.
    Warsoul weapons were always just a dream for anyone and they were the only ones OP,thats why it is so hard to get them and it should stay so. But..R9, I know as I farmed Nirvana without any cash shop as I farmed everything even R9 can be farmed,but why when some monkey(no offence to anyone) who started playing 1 day ago, hyper exped to 100 and CSed his R9 +12 gear?Why should I farm when someone who doesn't even know how to play can kill me,while I have been playing for years and farming?Its just not fun.
    While i farm that R9 someone is just going to cash shop it and +12 it and 1 shot me all the time. I know so much people who would play again the game if there was no bull**** buying your gear with $, at least not 1 shotting gear...
    I am not the smartest person,I might not even be smart person but, getting greedy with more money form Cash Shopping just makes this game worse and worse. It was really FUN to play before people were able to buy their level and gear with money, and sooner or later no one will want to play this game, even thou for now, it may not look like that.
    And trust me, they wont change it. For the past 3 years they haven't done anything but just more and more CS. Some of the biggest and richest online platforms or companies, lets take an example from Facebook, are what they are not because people buy anything from them,but because they make people be satisfied. But apparently =) or dear pwi Administration is not realizing that, and that is the reason why they will never have the profit from the game they could actually,maybe still can, GET.

Miss the old good Perfect World and the old good gameplay and time spent with my dear online friend.

Cheers,
    Lord_kaz/Poss