TW reset poll: 6, 9, 12 months, or other?

Comments

• Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    what you people fail to get is most of the bigger factions will want 1k or one of the other main citys... so the main factions will want to bid by there.. there for the bigger people can still have there tws...
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    what you people fail to get is most of the bigger factions will want 1k or one of the other main citys... so the main factions will want to bid by there.. there for the bigger people can still have there tws...

You don't TW at all do you? At the beginning of resets big factions scatter. Build their lands up so they can pay for TW, then big factions wage wars.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    You don't TW at all do you? At the beginning of resets big factions scatter. Build their lands up so they can pay for TW, then big factions wage wars.

umm i have been to so many tws i guess you never been in a op cs factions have you?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    umm i have been to so many tws i guess you never been in a op cs factions have you?

LOl you really got your first PVP kill in November? Gratz dude.

I have been in top factions. I am an r9 cleric... what's cash shop got to do with it? I probably have more pk kills than you and I play a PVE server.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012

I have been in top factions. I am an r9 cleric... what's cash shop got to do with it? I probably have more pk kills than you and I play a PVE server.

umm that was messed up if you care to look at my other awards aswell
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012

if you weren't so dumb and knew how to read you would of saw

chanman1 just received an achievement in Perfect World International
    Mono el Mono
    Win your first Duel.
    December 15, 2011 at 8:04pm

Startin Sumthin
    Get your first PvP kill.
    November 22, 2011 at 2:31pm
    Comment Remove
    Good Deals
    Set up a Cat Shop and sell at least 1 item.
    January 5, 2012 at 7:32am
    Comment Re

my **** has been messed up for quite some time

I Must be AFK
    Stay logged in for at least 24 hours straight.
    April 15, 2011 at 6:55pm
    Comment Remove
    channman is now a member of kagebushi
    April 10, 2011 at 5:36pm
    Comment Remove
    What's Sleep?
    Stay logged in for at least 12 hours straight.
    April 5, 2011 at 10:33am
    Comment Remove
    Three Week Streak
    Login at least once every day for 21 days straight.
    April 1, 2011 at 7:53am
    Comment Remove

as for you being r9 want a cookie? i can kill a r9 cleric pretty easy over here as i would do to you. Unlike you i don't be CS gear to be good

oh btw if you must know i been here since 09 on my archer so yeah sure keep thinking i got my first pvp kill then
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Once every 3 months. ya.

Got to agree with you here an say 3 months.
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    TW is an end game event and only 3 or 4 factions per server could do 99+ recruiting. Anything below that is not endgame so i dont see a reason to let factions with 50+ requirement participate in these end game events. End game should stay end game. If a level 80 wants TW hit fc for a few weeks and you will be 100.

Did no one consider how expensive it is to do a decent TW? Big factions need that land get the money to bid on lands and give out pay so that players can buy pots and maybe half of a charm.

And i dont think the 2 main factions clash each other for 1k or archo at the begining... but ye the rest of the factions do clash for the lvl2 lands alot. Mostly the big faction's alt would hunt down the non factor factions. The mains would be digging there way to each other inna way they get most lvl 2 lands possible. <--Fact!
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If a level 80 wants TW hit fc for a few weeks and you will be 100.

There is so much wrong with that statement Fuzzy isn't even sure how to respond, never mind the rest of the post. b:spit
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    There is so much wrong with that statement Fuzzy isn't even sure how to respond, never mind the rest of the post. b:spit

It's apparent that this is PW's goal. Take TW away from the hardcore players, give it to the casual players and hoping that it motivates more people to speed level up and cash shop gear up.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's apparent that this is PW's goal. Take TW away from the hardcore players, give it to the casual players and hoping that it motivates more people to speed level up and cash shop gear up.

make the people quit who already have maxed out gear ?
    i mean. why should they cash shop more?

"you are of no use for me anymore, die"
    i like potato
    edited February 2012

Pretty much.

Everyone with uber gear has already shot their proverbial load. A max'd out char won't be spending much more money. It's the new speed levelers they want to +12 jaded full R9 and with TW catering to 2nd and now 3rd tier TW guilds over the main powerhouse guilds, what else would the motive be?
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    12 months is perfect i think cause:

-will force stronger guilds to fight
    -wont let 1 guild grab all land and keep
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Of course. That's business. Just like a record company and music artist. As long as the artist is bringing in the money, the record company loves them. Once the cash flow slows to a crawl, kick that artist to the curb and get someone who can bring in the money again. Rinse and repeat.
  • Laterra - Dreamweaver
    Laterra - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Current TW factions alt factions > current non-TW factions that might want to TW after reset. You are going to lose your land so fast that reset becomes pointless anyway.
  • _Tenshi_ - Dreamweaver
    _Tenshi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    quoted for truth ;o

PVE TW SUCKS

TW 80 full geared fully organized vs 20-30 LOL-wuts-TW SUCKS

only having 1 TW a week SUCKS

b:angry

hex nub said it b:laugh
  • ashleymarieply08
    ashleymarieply08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I belive the best would be the 12 months. If map resets in 6months basically the majority of TW will be against mobs not factions.
    Just as we get the lands established and have compition from factions it will be time for re set if done in 6 months time. Hope GM's see this and care of our opinion.
    edited February 2012
    Current TW factions alt factions > current non-TW factions that might want to TW after reset. You are going to lose your land so fast that reset becomes pointless anyway.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure any top tier guild's alts could make a TW faction that would decimate real 2nd tier TW guilds... Oh wait, all the 2nd Tier TW guilds on LC were usually alts anyways...
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Pretty much.

Everyone with uber gear has already shot their proverbial load. A max'd out char won't be spending much more money. It's the new speed levelers they want to +12 jaded full R9 and with TW catering to 2nd and now 3rd tier TW guilds over the main powerhouse guilds, what else would the motive be?

You forget that the winner of each "TW season" gets a prize at the end. We don't know what that prize will be yet, but if it ends up being gear that's "better" than R9, or maybe even free dragon orbs etc, then it'll satisfy both the power players AND the casual players at the same time. Remember not even the best guilds have EVERYONE with full +12 JoSD etc, so if the prize is worth ANYTHING it will still encourage power-play.

If it just ends up being mounts and fashion every time, then yeah, I could see the high-end players quitting and people just staying with low lvl gears for some casual TW fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You forget that the winner of each "TW season" gets a prize at the end. We don't know what that prize will be yet, but if it ends up being gear that's "better" than R9, or maybe even free dragon orbs etc, then it'll satisfy both the power players AND the casual players at the same time.

If it just ends up being mounts and fashion every time, then yeah, I could see the high-end players quitting.

IF it just so happens to be gear that is better than R9, (which i highly doubt btw)
    Around 180-200 ppl (in a big faction) will have to deceide who get's to wear it when or something?...
    And how would it satisfy casual players if "high-end" player get OP gear for free?
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    IF it just so happens to be gear that is better than R9, (which i highly doubt btw)
    Around 180-200 ppl (in a big faction) will have to deceide who get's to wear it when or something?...
    And how would it satisfy casual players if "high-end" player get OP gear for free?

Casual players don't care about the OP geared people, and the OP gear people don't care about the casuals. In general. The casuals are gonna get 1-shot regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Tsungchi - Momaganon
    Tsungchi - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Will the prize always be mounts or is this just once?
    edited February 2012
    I have a feeling the mounts are nicer than what they would make the actual prizes. I believe this due to the fact that this reset is coming pretty much unannounced.

And it's only 30 items for a faction of close to 200 people? Next time, like I assume, it'll be something like Demon/Sage Event Cards or something along those lines.

I don't expect them to give away anything they would hope people to charge massive amounts of cash for.

They're basically giving charge reward prizes to the cash shop faction of choice on every server. That's kind of a slap in the face, IMO.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have a feeling the mounts are nicer than what they would make the actual prizes. I believe this due to the fact that this reset is coming pretty much unannounced.

And it's only 30 items for a faction of close to 200 people? Next time, like I assume, it'll be something like Demon/Sage Event Cards or something along those lines.

I don't expect them to give away anything they would hope people to charge massive amounts of cash for.

They're basically giving charge reward prizes to the cash shop faction of choice on every server. That's kind of a slap in the face, IMO.

You want free 200 warsouls for holding some map for 6 months?
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You want free 200 warsouls for holding some map for 6 months?

Nah, just for now for holding 95% of the map right now. :P

6 Monthes is a little short tho..9 would be a better option imo. Enough time for a dominant faction to show their worth..and enough time for the smaller factions to duke it out.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Umm my faction is the largest land holding faction on our server and the majority of us are non-cashshoppers or minimal cashshoppers (like me) who never charge enough to get rewards. Our faction is successful because we know skill trumps cash shopped gear and we proved that by taking over the map from a faction that was cashshop or gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Waiting for the moment the leader receives 30 untradeable mounts and has to explain to his members....would be sooooo PWI.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Waiting for the moment the leader receives 30 untradeable mounts and has to explain to his members....would be sooooo PWI.

Waiting for the moment they start to distribute said mounts only to realize that everyone in the faction has one of both plus enough charge reward points to get a bunch more.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012

you gotta ride them all, BB

stack your 30 untradeable mounts and ride them!!!!!!

--> http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4999/baldwinsmount.png
    i like potato
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    you gotta ride them all, BB

stack your 30 untradeable mounts and ride them!!!!!!

--> http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4999/baldwinsmount.png

This made me smile. b:chuckle