TW reset poll: 6, 9, 12 months, or other?

124»

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You want free 200 warsouls for holding some map for 6 months?

Well, if I could have anything, it would just be so the game was more like it was in 2009... but that's asking for far too much. 30 charge reward mounts is pretty silly. Might as well just make it 30 tishas per faction. xP

Umm my faction is the largest land holding faction on our server and the majority of us are non-cashshoppers or minimal cashshoppers (like me) who never charge enough to get rewards. Our faction is successful because we know skill trumps cash shopped gear and we proved that by taking over the map from a faction that was cashshop or gtfo.

You're on RT.

/endofdiscussion
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Do the people voting for Map resets every 6 months even realize the are voting for pve TW. Why would you like it more to fight against lame mobs then fight against other players?

Also because of my time zone i get up at 4 am midnight to TW.
    I am not getting out of bed to fight some lame mobs i want a challange not a crystal rush or lame mobs.

With 51 lands 6 months is to short to get good fight, also the faction that got the most lands after 6 months is probably not the strongest faction of the server.

Make it 1 year reset so everybody can enjoy TW.

You pretend that there will still be lvl 1 land left after the first week

I say 6 months simply because I think the point of this is to prevent a monopoly in the first place which personally I am not opposed to. This gives the lower levels say 50+ a chance to actually TW instead of forcing them to wait till damn near end game. Believe it or not there are a very very large number of players that want to experience TW but can't simply because of the rank 9 cash player dominated arena that currently is TW will one hit their entire faction at every attempt they make at TW. Personally I think all the QQing about the idea for regular map resets is a bit selfish and probably slightly egotistical.

BTW memo for the haters I'm not impressed with how much you spent to so you can pad your ego or how many TW's you have been in or how many pk's you have so please flame me if you like it will only serve to prove my point b:pleased
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
    edited February 2012
    You pretend that there will still be lvl 1 land left after the first week

I anticipate 1/3 of the lvl 1 lands will not be taken the first week on most servers.

Bids are secret and you don't know who is bidding where until it's all said and done.

That means, quite simply, that some lands will receive multiple bids, other lands won't even receive a bid.
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I anticipate 1/3 of the lvl 1 lands will not be taken the first week on most servers.

Bids are secret and you don't know who is bidding where until it's all said and done.

That means, quite simply, that some lands will receive multiple bids, other lands won't even receive a bid.

"A faction has declared war on Harshlands" it shows up as a system announcement doesn't tell you which faction but it does say if bidding started on that land
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
    edited February 2012
    "A faction has declared war on Harshlands" it shows up as a system announcement doesn't tell you which faction but it does say if bidding started on that land

Oh, ok. Nevermind me then. b:cute
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this week is the last week of fun tw

beware

gonna have at least half a month of shhitty tw

~~~weee?
    i like potato
  • victor1337
    victor1337 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There are so many posts in this thread that made me laugh, and so so many reasons.

There are the greedy players 'must have as many lands as possible as TW is expensive' ..go farm a couple tt 3-3 runs, there's your charm costs sorted...pots, go farm , sorted..bid money...200 players in a faction, that's what 50k donation each?

There are the gooners who now find the only reason to log on any more is TW - and they only want to join 79 other 102+ players then complain when they find tw over in 5 minutes...perhaps you might want to log on and help others do stuff...but wait, everyone in the faction gooned to 102 so there's no one left to help and you don't care about anyone else.

Maybe if people actually thought about it for a while they might come up with a radical idea- like form smaller factions with people you actually like rather than stick to that big faction because it steamrolls everything and gives you some pay each week.

Of course faction bases then become a real problem unless the big faction guild bank provides funds to help the competition along...

Would be great to see a lot of smaller factions fighting each other, guilds holding only 4-5 lands and being happy with that, rather than the current 'join one of the top 2/3 guilds or forget about any TW for you' attitude that currently exists.

One change that should really really be brought in, and that is NO cap on the number of attacks on any guild in the same time slot. They should also all start simultaneously against that guild, not have 3 minutes between.

Still, ultimately pointless posting here- most people won't change their minds and PWI certainly won't listen to anything anyone says on these forums, so we're all pretty much pissing in the wind here.
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this week is the last week of fun tw

beware

gonna have at least half a month of shhitty tw

~~~weee?

maybe for the higher lvls but the lower lvls and ppls alts that they didnt power lvl to 100 can have fun amongst eachother..
    maybe they learn to play classes better..
    if u dont want "shhitty" tws, its up to ur leader to bid near ur best opponent..

and i know ur gonna say "all bids are secret and wouldnt know where the competition is"
    if thats the case.. Steak out near the battle coordinators and u'll kinda know who bid on which land.. and u can get an idea of where to bid for the best tws earlier on..
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    maybe for the higher lvls but the lower lvls and ppls alts that they didnt power lvl to 100 can have fun amongst eachother..
    maybe they learn to play classes better..
    if u dont want "shhitty" tws, its up to ur leader to bid near ur best opponent..

and i know ur gonna say "all bids are secret and wouldnt know where the competition is"
    if thats the case.. Steak out near the battle coordinators and u'll kinda know who bid on which land.. and u can get an idea of where to bid for the best tws earlier on..

what? low lvls? where? 99% alts imo
    or do you mean low gear? i am low gear too :O

why should i tw on my alts when my main is a wizard?
    assasin: O LOL-wuts-TW i just 1shot a cleric with stun skill lulz i iz pro TW-assasin *dead* derp herp derp
    bm: herp derp FEAR MY +3 AXES! yey got hit for 40k in return! thats 4x my hp LUL
    mystic: all i see is my chars **** laalalalalaallaalaallaa laal ala alalal all alaaalala. ****!

yeah, looks like fun

@victor
    some people happened to be 102 or even 103 before they knew about the goon glitch >.>
    i dont get why there is QQ goonz everywhere on forums

you also got the motives of people who are against 6 months resets completely wrong
    its not about holding land
    its not about tw pay
    its about loosing several weeks (maybe months) of fun tw
    tw is the most interesting thing in this game after all.. well, full scale pvp-tw..

i dont know what server you are on, neither do i care
    but small factions always had the opportunity to TW
    at least on my server there are a few lands hold by low factions
    they are mostly left NOT attacked by anyone for months. why?
    why? what do you want??
    there is no difference in attacking that faction now or attacking it the second week after reset
    judging by that:
    its not about competiton
    its not about TW itself
    its all about ePeen for the random guy in a crappy faction "YAY I HAZ LAND O WE SO PRO AT TW WHILE NEVER DOING TW LUL"

because PVE tw has a higher chance of winning than attacking an equal faction, right ;p?

ive been called arrogant high lvl the other day,
    is defending your favorite activity in a game arrogant? O:
    i like potato
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Looks like 6 months and 12 months are about still tied. As such, this poll atm is probably not likely to change anything, but it was interesting nonetheless! Thanks all who voted/continue to vote.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.