TW reset poll: 6, 9, 12 months, or other?

Comments

• Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I say 12 months.

One of the main arguments of the ppl that support the 6-month reset is that it gives the smaller factions the oportunity to TW against other same-sized factions more often, and that if big factions want real fights they should go after other strong factions straight ahead. But even if that happens and the two dominant factions are having a clash leaving others alone, nothing stops another faction that isnt as strong, but is much stronger than other factions to go after the smaller ones and roll them for w/e reason (land count, TW pay, etc)

Also, TW is a HUGE coin sink and it's really hard for a big faction to cover the costs of 3 hour wars (the bidding, charms, apoth, runes), that's why having some territorial dominance is important for them and that's why it's unlikely the top dogs will jump at each other right away before having a strong presence in the map. Actualy, now that i think about it, that may be the main goal of 6 month resets, so that more ppl feel like CSing to cover their TW costs; not to give the oportunity to more factions to experience TW... Hmmmm...

That's why resets every 24 weeks is way too short, in my opinion.

And one last thing, if GMs want to make resets somewhat special, instead of picking some random day every 6 months they should make it every
    Chinese New Year and they could also make a big celebration out of it "in honor of the winning faction" by hosting some kind of new year-related event (packs, fashion, archo assault, nien beast, 2x, fireworks, idk) and give out rewards accordingly.

EDIT: Just read that thread of Shindra going nuts and spawning World Bosses with names of factions, that's also a good idea for the new year celebration: to spawn a WB named after the winning faction and mobs named after said faction members so all the server can go and kill them :D
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I voted 12 months, I think 6 months is way too short based on my experience in TW for the last two years... I'd settle for 9 or 15 even, because 6 months is just way too short and in my opinion (feel free to dispute it) anyone who picks that option most likely doesn't know much about TW.

I personally liked what someone said, well if its going to be only 6 months, then they should allow everyone to be able to attack 2 times a weekend, because that way things will get interesting much quicker, but if attacks are staying the same, then I don't like the 6 month rule. I still play this game for the TW, its what has kept me interested in it, but if this is the course they are going with it... I don't know if I like it. Sure I could use any of my alts (I have 12) to TW with other factions... but that makes me lose my motivation to play considering the point of me gearing up and working so hard (farming not CSing) for my main's gear is order to survive and have fun in challenging TWs. And anyone who says, just go straight for the main factions to have your fun, I'm sorry but that's naive. Who in their right mind just rushes straight to their enemy like that? Not when you can gain land first then attack when you've secured a stronghold of land. Its a strategy, and that's something I love about TW, the strategy.

I do think that they should merge the servers, because if they did it would certainly introduce a more challenging TW environment filled with more strategy and interesting battles would ensue.

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Everybody is so worried about them resetting the map every 6 months, I'm more worried about if they actually do it on time, whether it's 6 months or a year.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Everybody is so worried about them resetting the map every 6 months, I'm more worried about if they actually do it on time, whether it's 6 months or a year.

This. ^
    Pwe has this habit of saying things and then not coming through with them...b:surrender

I'm actually glad for a 6 month reset. It means that nobody will be able to take the map now. (52 weeks in a year = 52 territories.) No more worrying about certain people trying to do it again...basically solves Harshland's "cockroach" problem. It gives factions the ability to actually stand for a couple months on the map--something I can't complain about being in one of the factions who tried to stack Catalyst about a half million times this year...

I'd have my doubts about them changing the reset time, but with all their $$funds$$ whining at the same time, it's possible. Keep throwing a tantrum, heavy cashshoppers, I'm sure they'll bend the game to even FURTHER your advantage over everybody else...
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I'd have my doubts about them changing the reset time, but with all their $$funds$$ whining at the same time, it's possible. Keep throwing a tantrum, heavy cashshoppers, I'm sure they'll bend the game to even FURTHER your advantage over everybody else...

I kind of get the impression PWE is trying to push their old, rusty, outdated heavy cash shoppers out the door. Afterall, most of them maxed their CC's already. Instead, they are focusing on bringing in a new wave of fresh mea...I mean 18 year olds with their first Credit Car...I mean a new generation of players.
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This. ^
    Pwe has this habit of saying things and then not coming through with them...b:surrender

I'm actually glad for a 6 month reset. It means that nobody will be able to take the map now. (52 weeks in a year = 52 territories.) No more worrying about certain people trying to do it again...basically solves Harshland's "cockroach" problem. It gives factions the ability to actually stand for a couple months on the map--something I can't complain about being in one of the factions who tried to stack Catalyst about a half million times this year...

TW is supposed to be competitive, whether that means controlling the map or not. You're saying resetting the map so factions can have TW's against NPC's is more fun than an actual real TW against another faction? What fun is it TWing against NPC's when you could actually be working towards improving yourself from real TW experience, not some PvE win for all ****?
    'LoL' if you think anything on Harshlands will change, whether it be with your faction or any other factions that fail to learn TW properly. Nothing will change. The map reset will only prevent the stronger factions from competing with each other for longer amounts of the time, therefore adding onto the majority of disappointments we already have for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I lol'd because that is painful truth.

I kind of get the impression PWE is trying to push their old, rusty, outdated heavy cash shoppers out the door. Afterall, most of them maxed their CC's already. Instead, they are focusing on bringing in a new wave of fresh mea...I mean 18 year olds with their first Credit Car...I mean a new generation of players.

Agreed. This change will drive away people who play only for TW.

TW is supposed to be competitive, whether that means controlling the map or not. You're saying resetting the map so factions can have TW's against NPC's is more fun than an actual real TW against another faction? What fun is it TWing against NPC's when you could actually be working towards improving yourself from real TW experience, not some PvE win for all ****?
    'LoL' if you think anything on Harshlands will change, whether it be with your faction or any other factions that fail to learn TW properly. Nothing will change. The map reset will only prevent the stronger factions from competing with each other for longer amounts of the time, therefore adding onto the majority of disappointments we already have for this game.

^ this.

PW is trying to give factions who don't necessarily want or even deserve to have lands a spot on the map. TW has now been changed from serious competition into another recreational experience.

Super Bowl is tomorrow. EVERY TEAM should get to play their own Super Bowl tomorrow, not just two of the elite teams.

/facepalm
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Super Bowl is tomorrow. EVERY TEAM should get to play their own Super Bowl tomorrow, not just two of the elite teams.

/facepalm

I lol'd. Perfect analogy .
  • ThaFister - Lost City
    ThaFister - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol at the guy who keeps bumping up the 12 months with one or two accounts. the 6 months go up then you see 12 months shoot up with 10 more votes in 3 mins.

fail is fail most ppl want 6 months as the stronger guilds want 12 months deal with it.
  • victor1337
    victor1337 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Where's the option for every 3 months?

Faster reset will encourage more guilds to participate and hopefully help to break up the 1/2/3 biggest guilds on each server, many of whom just stay in those guilds so they can get big fat TW paychecks, or who try to get in those same guilds for that very reason.

Let's see more competition out there...oh wait, unless your in a big guild you can't do those stupid guild quests to make the new gears...stupid devs...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    victor1337 wrote: »
    Did you just ask for more competition and yet ask for a 3 month option in the same post?

Please tell me that I was mistaken and you're not that stupid or ignorant as to think that 3 month resets will create more competitive TWs. 6 months is horrible enough overall but 3? Seriously?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    People spouting that < or = 6 months is more competition clearly have either amazingly little sense or virtually no TW experience.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think of it as a way to seperate the rank9s and good geared into smaller factions, and a bunch of smaller factions being able to participate in territory war making their factions grow, instead of all the smaller factions not even having a chance at growth due to all the rank 9/+10s and higher gears taking over in massive guilds.

Now you can see a spread of them in smaller factions making more competition!

I wonder if any of the big factions will "Disband" on any server.

GG Guild Base? b:laugh
  • LishaLove - Archosaur
    LishaLove - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As per title. If you want to influence the GMs in this regard, prove to them that what you are saying is true. Lets face it, the TW map resets WILL occur; its useless trying to change that. What we MIGHT be able to influence is how OFTEN. A poll is an easy way to show the GMs the general trend of public opinion, and the more people who vote, the greater weight it will carry.

Vote options:

6 months = map should be reset every 6 months
    9 months = map should be reset every 9 months
    12 months = map should be reset every 12 months
    15 months = map should be reset every 15 months

If none of these options seems quite right to you, you can either pick the one closest to your preferred choice and then explain more below, or choose not to vote. As I stated before, there's really no chance of changing the fact that the map will reset; your only chance is to possibly change how often.

Vote now to have your opinion heard.

Azzazin

---In response to 'online polls never work': I agree in part; they often aren't highly accurate. But its better than NOTHING. There are some people (I'm proof of that) who both play and browse forums occasionally, lol. I could also, say, ask people on my server to come and vote on this poll.

Edit: Title is accidentally bit misleading, there is no 'other' in the poll options. I decided to make the 4th option say 15 months.

There really needs to be a "Higher ranked guilds can't whine" Poll option. I don't see this as a problem, I do however see a problem with one guild attaining an entire map and keeping it for a year or more. That's just stupid
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Just make a new separate map for all the lower level guilds to play on that gives lesser rewards and has that stupid reset every 6 months instead of ****ing with the current TW maps. And of course, make it so you can only be on one or the other map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There really needs to be a "Higher ranked guilds can't whine" Poll option. I don't see this as a problem, I do however see a problem with one guild attaining an entire map and keeping it for a year or more. That's just stupid

... Getting the entire map would take a year assuming that you never lose a single TW ever. Keeping the map for another year on top of that? Not gonna happen.

The amount of people posting in this thread for short resets is absurd. However the fact that pretty much all of them have no idea how TW works does seem to explain everything.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    ... Getting the entire map would take a year assuming that you never lose a single TW ever. Keeping the map for another year on top of that? Not gonna happen.

The amount of people posting in this thread for short resets is absurd. However the fact that pretty much all of them have no idea how TW works does seem to explain everything.

+1

Lots of people commenting that obviously have no idea what TW is like now (either they never have or they did long ago when lvl 60 was considered a high lvl toon b:chuckle)

A reset once a year would be a great thing, if a server has an overly OP faction that can take 99% of the map in 1 year then hey give them a piece of candy and hit the reset button, but every 6 months is going to cut down on competion in the long run and make more QQer's, why because now we have little factions that otherwise couldn't/shouldn't compete getting land from npc's and then complaining that stronger factions plowed over them the following weekb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Just make a new separate map for all the lower level guilds to play on that gives lesser rewards and has that stupid reset every 6 months instead of ****ing with the current TW maps. And of course, make it so you can only be on one or the other map.

idk about ur server but my server the big tw factions have alt factions and they just made the alt faction the last reset jsut to participate with smaller tw/own more lands. js.

but 1 year sounds good to me or up to 15 months. 6 month's too short.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Where is the "i don't really give a ****: option?
    Or the "online poles don't work" option?

If u dotn really give a **** don't post, cos it doesn't concern you. Twit.

I voted 12 months.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seems like this is just a way for PW inc to reduce the amount of coins paid out to landholding factions per week.

Right now the top two-three factions get a constant stream of income by holding multiple territories. Resetting the map means they go back to zero and only have six months to slowly build up territories again.

So on the surface it looks like another move by PW Inc to reduce ways players can earn coin.
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I voted 12 months because 6 months is too short. The logic behind this is as follows:

4 weeks in a month x 6 months per TW session = 24 attacks that can be placed max.
    4 weeks in a month x 12 months before maps reset = 48 attacks which challenges more.

I'm sorry but there isn't really much competition when each faction only has 24 chances to bid per TW session. That means a ton of factions will bid and some will gain land the first week. On Heaven's Tear Enrage, GD, Radiance, and a few other factions will steamroll the lower strength factions during TW then will war each other. Enrage, Radiance, and GD will end up with all the territories combined but will only fight each other for the latter 5 weeks of that time frame. This isn't appealing and two factions can gank the one faction in TW preventing that faction from getting the weak reward at the end. 12 months evens the playing field out and sounds much better because it's an annual occurrence. Maybe make an event to celebrate the TW map reset aswell.
    Your logic fails.

There are 26 weeks in 6 months

There are 52 weeks in a year/12 months

You also forgot to mention 7 attacks per week allowed
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Call me odd, but I don't really see an issue with one faction controlling most of the map. When CQ finally took over the entire map, it was a big effin' deal and showed a lot of hard work on their part. Now, if they hadn't re-set the map themselves, that would have been time for a re-set.

I feel like having one dominating faction is an enticement to others to try to stop it. TW is supposed to be competitive. So as of right now I'm not saying we should only re-set the map when one faction has taken over, but even when a dominant faction seems to have emerged, let them have at it for a little bit and see how the rest of the server acts because of it.

When there's no certain time of reset, it gives a certain urgency to the issue. "For the sake of the map, we need to work together to take on this faction". Does it work out a lot of the time... no, and that's when a re-set might be in order, but sometimes weird, out of nowhere factions emerge (Seppuku anyone?).

Having (short) set times of re-sets will have people thinking "it doesn't matter if they dominate, they'll have to start fresh soon". I mean, even if we have a year between re-sets it might give people the oomph to try to stop a large faction because, hey, a year can be a long time to wait for some people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I want never option.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Although I agree in lieu of another solution regular resets make sense, i do think 6 months is to short, after 6 months Twars are just starting to get interesting.12 months is a better term i feel

I think a better idea that would eliminate the need for resets and retain the idea of a Persistent world map would make it so territory's can only be held for a set period of time before they revert to their wilderness status and have to be conquered again and the faction that just lost that land is excluded from being able to bid on it for the first week.

Perhaps even a sliding scale for example.

lvl 3 lands reset after 2 weeks
    lvl 2 lands reset after 3 weeks
    lvl 1 lands reset after 4 weeks
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Several months of 5 minute rolls and PvE TW's will make TW SO much fun. Go away.
    quoted for truth ;o

PVE TW SUCKS

TW 80 full geared fully organized vs 20-30 LOL-wuts-TW SUCKS

only having 1 TW a week SUCKS

b:angry
    i like potato
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Just allow 4 or 5 simultaneous attacks on any land holding faction in a given time slot instead of the current 3. This at least still follows the premise of factions earning their land through a fight over gift-wrapping from pve then hearing the complaints when after 2-3 weeks they are off the map again and waiting for the next reset.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Several months of 5 minute rolls and PvE TW's will make TW SO much fun. Go away.

PW should make rule everyone has to be nekkid in TW no gears allowed. b:chuckle
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree with BaldwinBoy and Hex.. 6 months is way too short, the chances for the organized factions to have a good TW vs another organized faction will go down to the last 2 months before reset maybe?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I want never option.

I'd actually find that reasonable if factions were willing to do a manual reset at the point of total map domination instead of forcing these hard resets just as TW gets competitive at around 6 months.

I'd still shoot for 1 year or whenever the map is taken over.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI