Would you quit PWI if...

Options
Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
FCC and the ability to buy end-game gear from the item mall was removed?
Post edited by Ichimokusan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    no personaly i wouldnet quit....cuz i belive thats what killled the game in the first place but thats just me
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nope... But I would laugh at all the CSers and Plvlers out there... I'd probably die laughing if that happens... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would try to demand a new server with them updates put in place and start all over again! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nope.

I wouldn't want FCC removed though. I mean, the instance. I like that place and the bosses. Reverting it back to what it was would do.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Probably. With all the big csers leaving PWI would be dead anyway. I don't prefer a dead server over a p2w one, ya know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Icehart - Lost City
    Icehart - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Probably. With all the big csers leaving PWI would be dead anyway. I don't prefer a dead server over a p2w one, ya know...

^This
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    To the people who say powerleveling and buying end-game gear in the item mall is what keeps the game running:

How come so many free to play games survive perfectly fine by only selling cosmetics and exp boosts? Even a game based on a league of legendary arena battlers survives just on selling skins/fashion alone (valued from $5 - $40) and has the server capacity to house 15 millions players.

Time to find a new excuse to support your need to pay-to-win. Other games survive without it.
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nope.

Since I never glitched in FC and I farm all my stuff at my own pace this would be a positive step IMO.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    its a bad idea. the r9 players would become Gods and it would be impossible to achieve their capacity.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Time to find a new excuse to support your need to pay-to-win. Other games survive without it.

Those games have NEVER sold those gears before. PWI does. Do you really think players would just suck it up and go back to grinding/spamming bh? And live without tokens if there are no more packs in cs?
    No tokens would mean no cheap mp/hp food. No easy to gain skills with pages. Expensive 79 skills. Basically a lot of consumables you had to buy from the cs. I don't see the majority of f2p players doing that.

Looking at my friends list personally, There's less than a handful of people left from the times when there was no FCC. The mentality of people has changed and I really doubt we could simply go back in time. A spoiled brat won't go back to working, they'll QQ and move on.

And please, don't put in me in the 'she needs to pay-to-win' train. I ain't onboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I would revise that to reverting FCC back to waht it was before a certain update.
    It used to be a really hard instance before.

As for your question, no.

Damage has already been done.

If you asked this two years ago, it would make more sense.

The only way to remedy the game is make a better set of gear that isn't cs related and add more content to get to 105.
    New expansion somewhat does that but it won't be enough...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    To the people who say powerleveling and buying end-game gear in the item mall is what keeps the game running:

How come so many free to play games survive perfectly fine by only selling cosmetics and exp boosts? Even a game based on a league of legendary arena battlers survives just on selling skins/fashion alone (valued from $5 - $40) and has the server capacity to house 15 millions players.

Cause the staff of those games don't want a new car every month? And just because PWI offers it doesn't mean we have to buy it... The way I see it they're just milking the stupidity of some ppl on this game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i wouldnt care

not really frosted for over 8 months...

dont have no end game gear.....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'd still play if they rolled back the servers to Aug '09.

Even though PW is changing TW to be a casual instance, there really aren't many casual players left. It's mostly just people with medical and mental conditions left. Game has been dying and summer is coming.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nope.

I wouldn't want FCC removed though. I mean, the instance. I like that place and the bosses. Reverting it back to what it was would do.

I agree. I wasn't around when it existed in it's "old" form but heard about it.

Drop exp to "normal" rates and add back all mats that were taking out.

Also heard it was harder before, would offer a challenge.

"Ya but FC gear blows anyway, no one would farm it"

Well look at it this way, it would be a fun new way to farm to craft them and then either upgrade them or decompose them into armorcores and make martial art dude more useful..
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    its a bad idea. the r9 players would become Gods and it would be impossible to achieve their capacity.

This.

Unless they were planning to remove r9 and delevel people, it would just create a huge gap between older players and any new people who might join, which would be very... well, discouraging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm not rich and yes it does **** me off that people can afford R9+12. But I can't blame then cause no one chose were there born. Yes it's true R9 is unfair, but it does not mean you can't be a good sport about it.

The best example would be theater of blood, I love this place. unlike TW were u face 80 R9. There is a lot less. And I usually get in a team and gang up on the R9. yes Ganking suck but on the other hand they took the best part of the game away from normal players. So facing 6 players is a small price to pay IMO.

If you only see FCC and R9 in this game, I think you have poorly explored all the option the game has. IMO most FCC and R9 oriented players are there to make money, not to enjoy the game.

I'm pretty happy about my R8 build, and the new BH reward. Giving more income to normal players. And there is always nice event to change the pace from killing 1000 mob or picking tulip until death and beyond.

I also thing FCC is very important. Has new player base will not want to spend 4 years building a character like I did. But FCC is not the only way to lv a character quick. It's only the fastest for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

They are different type of game, on moba games putting overpowered cash item is like suicidal business attempt... because what the most important on that kind of games are balanced heroes... intensive game play that can lock you in the chair for hours... (remember the recent gamer that died playing lol b:surrender) every hero always revert to the basic with each game.
    (just like dota, hon, dota2, roi, bc, aos, etc)

I think pwe understand well enough about business, " if it working why change it ? " <.<
    PWE already well known to host P2W (free to die) games, until the profit halved... i don't think they will change anything.

Look at other top F2P games, most of them are (based from their player base discussion) P2W.. (or going to become P2W if you look at their cash shop this day) b:shocked.. at last PWE are nice enough not to alter too many thing that force people to use cash shop... unlike some potato. Or pure pay to win games with battleship in space war.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    How about adding only 1 Bh a day as well to that list. b:thanks

I have spent the last 4 days scouring the map on my alt and on Lost City it is empty. I mean, even I was shocked how deserted it was. It would be so nice to see people leveling off of mobs again and actaully running missions and WQ.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily revert FCC to the hard instance that it was. The reason is that FCC gear is now no longer that great, so on principle, it shouldn't be harder than Nirvana. If it got reverted, people would run it for fun for a very short time before no one sets foot in the instance ever again. Before you could get gear from packs and buy rank from Boutique, FCC weapons could easily have been endgame weapons.

People should just get another difficult endgame instance for fun or whatever.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    in b4 expansion removes all r9 lol
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    in b4 expansion removes all r9 lol

Another person who thinks theres gonna be new armor to replace r9? I hate seeing it.... there will never be anything better than r9 imo... it would cause like... all the huge csers to rage quit because they already spent so much to get full/part r9 and +12 it and shard it... i wish people could get through their head that there will probably never be anything superior to r9
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would revise that to reverting FCC back to waht it was before a certain update.
    It used to be a really hard instance before.

As for your question, no.

Damage has already been done.

If you asked this two years ago, it would make more sense.

The only way to remedy the game is make a better set of gear that isn't cs related and add more content to get to 105.
    New expansion somewhat does that but it won't be enough...

^ This

If it were me, I would make it so that EVERY 95+ mob, and boss in the game, had these attack/defense levels. So that the new gear is OP enough to make people forget about the cash shop gear and see it more as an easy fix until you get that gear. It would be less efficient than farming/doing those quests, but wouldn't completely take away the power that people already obtained. In fact, it would be more than enough to get you by, but not enough to say you're finished. In fact, just like TT has been devalued, I'd bet it would be easier to obtain. If everyone is overpowered, then no one will be kinda thing. I would have also given that gear better stats so that its valuable in PVP too. The new expansion doesn't, so I doubt it will be enough to make people make the switch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Another person who thinks theres gonna be new armor to replace r9? I hate seeing it.... there will never be anything better than r9 imo... it would cause like... all the huge csers to rage quit because they already spent so much to get full/part r9 and +12 it and shard it... i wish people could get through their head that there will probably never be anything superior to r9

I have serious doubts that anyone who has spent the money to get R9 +12 will ever quit this game.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have serious doubts that anyone who has spent the money to get R9 +12 will ever quit this game. walking away from a $1500+ invest would be hard for anyone to do.

Besides, a lot of them have money to burn. They spent money on hercs, then on APS, then 1500 dollars on Rank 9, what's to stop them from just spending more money any new shinies that come out. Anyone who thinks that rank 9 won't eventually depreciate in value if this game lasts long enough for it do so, is just fooling themselves. How much did TT99 Gold used to costs? Back when you bought the mats for it from other players and it was an extremely rare set? Back when it was super OP compared to what other people were wearing? I imagine quite a lot since it's still kinda expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily revert FCC to the hard instance that it was. The reason is that FCC gear is now no longer that great, so on principle, it shouldn't be harder than Nirvana. If it got reverted, people would run it for fun for a very short time before no one sets foot in the instance ever again. Before you could get gear from packs and buy rank from Boutique, FCC weapons could easily have been endgame weapons.

Disagree. My farming party was just getting started... we ran squad mode until we ran out of curvades, then we'd try to farm another person's squad mode, then we'd run more squad mode... And we were all running it to farm gear for alts. And there were more and more people that were running squads regularly. I knew of at least 5 or 6 farming parties that were regularly doing it and more were just starting. The instance was changed before the server was mature enough to farm it.

People were willing to farm it just for something different to own.

This is one the first attempts from PW to dumb things down. So was removing half the mob count in HH. Instance blessings and Genies too. Now they give everything away, there is nothing sacred, rare or unique about anything anymore. Everyone can have the same thing as everyone else for a price. That's one of the things that really helped ruin the game.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have all four armor pieces of +10 and i wouldent be **** at all if a new r10 where to show or new nv who was superior.

game is evolving and its how i saw it with r9

hell if they removed r9 from game i would be happy but imo they would need to nerf sin and aps at same time and that wont happen any day soonb:laugh.
    edited February 2012
    Options

The reason why there probably won't be for a while isn't because of the reason you state. It's because R9 is impossibly hard to get in CN that there will be no need to make stronger gear. If they do it'll be just for us.

And don't think for a second that they don't want to introduce more gear for us to upgrade to.

All they care about is money. That's why the game has gone to **** in the last 2 years.

b:bye
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The only way it would work, would be to make a new server w/o these items in the boutique. It's too far gone to do that with any of the existing servers.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

PWI will be what it always has been for me. A "lay over" if you will, while I wait on something else to release. Then I play that until i lose interest. This is free to play, even if it is pay to win.