Would you quit PWI if...

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If it were me, I would make it so that EVERY 95+ mob, and boss in the game, had these attack/defense levels. So that the new gear is OP enough to make people forget about the cash shop gear and see it more as an easy fix until you get that gear. It would be less efficient than farming/doing those quests, but wouldn't completely take away the power that people already obtained. In fact, it would be more than enough to get you by, but not enough to say you're finished.

In fact, just like TT has been devalued, I'd bet it would be easier to obtain. If everyone is overpowered, then no one will be kinda thing. I would have also given that gear better stats so that its valuable in PVP too. The new expansion doesn't, so I doubt it will be enough to make people make the switch.

That is...an absolutely brilliant idea. It would have made obtaining/maxing the gear a lot more attractive as an option rather than it just being a "meh" alternative to Rank stuff...
    R8/9/NV would still have its benefits (especially if reforged for the former two), but this gear would at least be another viable path to choose with its own distinct benefits and weaknesses in PvE/PvP...
    If only...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It wouldn't effect me at all if they did.

I hate FF, it is even more boring than full rb and so I have only used it 1-3 times when I was close to leveling each level from 90 to 101 on my characters. The xp is really not worth the trouble, since I don't use hypers and I didn't kill goons.

As for gear, TT and lunar used to be good enough. Surprisingly they are still good enough if you find a squad that doesn't suck.

I got R8, but I also have all my old non OP gear and if they magically removed all gear obtained from packs and sales I'd only be a little less powerful.

I'd probably play even more if they only was to get the best gear was to actually earn it. With all the people such a change would see leaving the game I'd probably make a lot more friends with those that chose to stay and play.

Would be nice to see the sin and bm populations go down from 90% of the players to something less rediculous and maybe pvp would be fun again if people weren't 1-4 shotting each other over and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well, we all know this won't happen anyway nor am I wishing for this to happen so it's kinda pointless to make speculations. Although there are ways to fix things (some people already suggested some).

To add to my previous post; I'd still play even if most people might, indeed, quit the servers would go dead. Like someone mentioned, I'd probably find more people that share the same mentality as me and become friends but I'd also probably play much less due to the lack of players. I wouldn't quit still D:
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    To the people who say powerleveling and buying end-game gear in the item mall is what keeps the game running:

How come so many free to play games survive perfectly fine by only selling cosmetics and exp boosts? Even a game based on a league of legendary arena battlers survives just on selling skins/fashion alone (valued from $5 - $40) and has the server capacity to house 15 millions players.

Time to find a new excuse to support your need to pay-to-win. Other games survive without it.

The game is broken...so MOST of the player base has adjusted to the way it is now.

Trying to fix it at this point would just end as dead servers, and the game would vanish beneath the feet of the few.

Sad but true

Stated by a legit lvl101 archer with not a single hyper used (and never will), and did FC only for quests. I myself wouldn't quit, though it wouldn't be too long before there wasn't a game left to log into.

I see mass power leveling as a sign of a dying game.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited February 2012
    you **** still think pwe cares? why do any of you continue to play this dead game?

pwi is a cash cow. this game has been dead since before the release of the first pack. the expansion will bring few people back and only for a short amount of time, and then they'll leave almost immediately after because this game is still as bad as it was when they quit.

why am i even on this forum..
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    prof wrote: »
    I am a f@ggot

why am i even alive..

fixed that for ya buddy

everything else in between was old news/over stated or just plain wrong

EDIT: funny this **** can spell a word correctly...but then I remove 1 s and it gets censored
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Leave? LEAVE!? I would recommend this place to all my friends again like I used to around two years ago!

Leave......that's a good joke.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    RyokiiX - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    They aren't gonna listen; didn't do it before, why would the devs care about the playerbase now? I'm just waiting for a certain game that starts with a 'Guild' and has 'Wars' following it plus two, to come out, then bye-bye Imperfect World. :3

PWI's developers just plain suck now. If I could, I'd play the original or pre-Tideborn game, even if someone paid me to stick to the current version.

Bugs, no balance (can it even be called 'balance' anymore?), constant nerfing and listening to whiny QQers that faceroll on the keyboard - and the fact that the game is just goin' downhill. :P

Oh, and I've never seen a decent PvPer in the last year or three.
    Just my two cents. :)
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well i personally think this game has gone to the dogs.

I have just tried to make 12 x sage seeker books to try & get sage vortex, EVERY one was the same ( soulshatter )

No one has bad luck like that.

When i made loads of coins, i brought 500 tiger packs ( before xmas ) and hoped for at least a half decent item

I got 1 Best Luck out of all them packs, nothing else.

Just proves the game always wins
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well i personally think this game has gone to the dogs.

I have just tried to make 12 x sage seeker books to try & get sage vortex, EVERY one was the same ( soulshatter )

No one has bad luck like that.

When i made loads of coins, i brought 500 tiger packs ( before xmas ) and hoped for at least a half decent item

I got 1 Best Luck out of all them packs, nothing else.

Just proves the game always wins

Jokes on you because plenty of us merchants know you don't play the odds with this game. Grats on doing it wrong.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    FCC and the ability to buy end-game gear from the item mall was removed?

Dear god, this might mean that the game would return to a state of being more normal. It would Reduce the Hyper noobs, bring some form of balance back to the game long-term, and would make the entire experience much more enjoyable.

What could possibly be bad about that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Jokes on you because plenty of us merchants know you don't play the odds with this game. Grats on doing it wrong.

Well, I kinda agree with the gist of her post. Things are unfair to the lower levels and that's basically everyone under 80, or even 90. It was hard to farm coin to get stuff at some major levels for me. And no, I'm not lazy. D:

The most irritating part about PWI is that the non-R9 or magic classes are ignored. Shunned, kinda. It's all APS, CS, R9. :P No more skill.

And @SylenThunder: The bad thing would be that it would never happen. Unless PW's devs get their rumps in gear. :P

I bet my left ear ('Cus George Weasley rocks. :D) that the new expansion, Descent, will bring more bugs. Balance was lost a long time ago.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Well, I kinda agree with the gist of her post. Things are unfair to the lower levels and that's basically everyone under 80, or even 90. It was hard to farm coin to get stuff at some major levels for me. And no, I'm not lazy. D:

The most irritating part about PWI is that the non-R9 or magic classes are ignored. Shunned, kinda. It's all APS, CS, R9. :P No more skill.

And @SylenThunder: The bad thing would be that it would never happen. Unless PW's devs get their rumps in gear. :P

I bet my left ear ('Cus George Weasley rocks. :D) that the new expansion, Descent, will bring more bugs. Balance was lost a long time ago.

90-95% of players under 80 or 90 are alts of level 101+. This game does not have an influx of new players, they are all alts of mains. That is why all this reset TW map talk is a joke. You cannot improve the quality of TWs through alternative characters of mains. The only sympathy I have for the few new players that come in are in regards to thinking they don't need to take 1-80 slow to learn everything they need to know for the 81+ levels. Even if a new player wants to take it slow, they cannot find the squads to be in those kinds of situations to learn, and that to me, is the biggest tragedy to this game now.

This game had a period of new players coming in with only a very small major cashshop group. They then started to expand the amount of cashers in this game by decreasing prices which really started to decrease the new player base. They then came out with hypers to further degrade new players skills because they no longer had to learn their classes to get somewhere in this game. The "straw that broke the camels back," so to speak, was the rank sale. The long and still very active long-term players just threw their hands up int he air and gave up at that point. You couple that with the fact there were no new players and all of a sudden PWI dropped off 50% in enjoyment within the month.

PWI is now about mains making more and more alts, along with, making things so cheap that almost every cashes to some extent. There is nothing about PWI that is the same as it was (player base wise) 2-3 years ago. Well maybe packs were still around but for 1 gold each....

The degrading quality of the new players is very alarming. Unless they min cap going into FC is fixed to 75-80, or developers switch FC around so that our FC has level ranges like delta / phoenix valley, this game has no hope, not that it has much more hope left now.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Honestly I had to play for months pre BH to hit 70 and about another month to hit 80 when BHs did come out. I quit right after that because of how stupidly long leveling in the game was. If it was not for my friend telling me about hyper stones and frost covered city I wouldn't have have came back to this game years later.

Also I think people over exaggerate the skill cap in this game. I got my friend with 0 mmorpg experience to play and he figured out how to play his cleric quite well in just a day. Funny enough he was about to give up too around 70 when he was out of quest and had to grind for horrid experience and drops until I let him use his free hypers. Looking up a guide and pressing a few hotkeys in sequence isn't exactly rocket science. I think the majority of the scrub muffins running around are mostly working around a language barrier or have one of those "I'll play my way" attitudes.

Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either. I know another BM who has only done Frost once and never used hypers. It's amazing and I applaud him for hitting mid 90's that way. However he's pure old school axes with high refined +7 TT90 armor with perfect Citrins and uses a Calloused Lionheart Axes with a DoT in it. If the gears were a year old I'd wouldn't have been disappointed but my god wtf is that ****. What's worse is this guy gets lost in every high level instance and can't time an HF which he rarely has up.

Also I like how the cashshop in this game works. Sure other people can buy endgame gears, but I'm going to reach there eventually anyways. However I don't like the idea of having to spend money on cosmetics. I like looking good, but can't justify spending irl money on it. At least I can grind for something nice to wear.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Honestly I had to play for months pre BH to hit 70 and about another month to hit 80 when BHs did come out. I quit right after that because of how stupidly long leveling in the game was. If it was not for my friend telling me about hyper stones and frost covered city I wouldn't have have came back to this game years later.

Also I think people over exaggerate the skill cap in this game. I got my friend with 0 mmorpg experience to play and he figured out how to play his cleric quite well in just a day. Funny enough he was about to give up too around 70 when he was out of quest and had to grind for horrid experience and drops until I let him use his free hypers. Looking up a guide and pressing a few hotkeys in sequence isn't exactly rocket science. I think the majority of the scrub muffins running around are mostly working around a language barrier or have one of those "I'll play my way" attitudes.

Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either. I know another BM who has only done Frost once and never used hypers. It's amazing and I applaud him for hitting mid 90's that way. However he's pure old school axes with high refined +7 TT90 armor with perfect Citrins and uses a Calloused Lionheart Axes with a DoT in it. If the gears were a year old I'd wouldn't have been disappointed but my god wtf is that ****. What's worse is this guy gets lost in every high level instance and can't time an HF which he rarely has up.

Also I like how the cashshop in this game works. Sure other people can buy endgame gears, but I'm going to reach there eventually anyways. However I don't like the idea of having to spend money on cosmetics. I like looking good, but can't justify spending irl money on it. At least I can grind for something nice to wear.

Congrats you made my new sig.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Congrats you made my new sig.

b:laugh

Yeah playing the game as it was meant to be played never helped anyone learn how to play it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Say what you want, but smacking around fish for 80% for each level in your 80's doesn't make you any better at your class.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Say what you want, but smacking around fish for 80% for each level in your 80's doesn't make you any better at your class.

Rofl, you sure?

Next to PvP, killing random mobs for quests is how I figured out what each skill did for my BM and the learned to combo skills on them and finally got all the main combo's I like down to a science where even if interrupted I can still kick the mob or players *** :p

But hey, actually playing around with your skills is so retro now that people would never think it would help them b:cute
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012

I lol'ed at this. Not in a bad way, I mean.

I figured out more than 99% of my skills this way, and the combinations for each were practiced on them too. Like, for my Psychic, I used Aqua Impact > Spirit Blast > Aqua Impact > Glacial Shards if I felt like showing off. That was at 49 or 54 or something, and that Psychic is long-gone. :P

But even though I know some good combos (showing off/real time use/against horrible magical resistant mobs) from my previous Psychic - and yes, to the more "level or no pro" people, she was above 65 - 70ish - but I still tested against quest mobs. And discovered many more skill chains/combinations - plus, the mobs were killed in each try and I got my quest EXP and money. And the spirit. :P Darn, I hate spirit ...

But, yeah, @Traz: game is dead. :3 CS or gtfudge out. >< Wish time-travelling or accessing cache could get me back to the original and good Perfect World. :P Now, it is damn well imperfect. Can't wait till a certain B2P game by ArenaNet comes out. And I think I know why PW doesn't let us type game names - I don't think the other MMORPGs I played did that.

... Paranoid much, PW? :3
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Rofl, you sure?

Next to PvP, killing random mobs for quests is how I figured out what each skill did for my BM and the learned to combo skills on them and finally got all the main combo's I like down to a science where even if interrupted I can still kick the mob or players *** :p

But hey, actually playing around with your skills is so retro now that people would never think it would help them b:cute

Usually you can just figure it out by 59 by reading skill discriptions. While I agree chaining skills for BMs is a tad more important, other classes back then either held down a key or afk'd in their dragon breath/BB. After 59 it become boring repetitive task with little reward. The only hindrance I found was the poor translations misguiding me.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Usually you can just figure it out by 59 by reading skill discriptions. While I agree chaining skills for BMs is a tad more important, other classes back then either held down a key or afk'd in their dragon breath/BB. After 59 it become boring repetitive task with little reward. The only hindrance I found was the poor translations misguiding me.

About the only class you can get away with just reading the skills is on a cleric or sin...beyond that you need to test what each skill does and how to use it to be effective at some point or another.

If you don't believe me? Go and play a psychic to lvl 95, or try and play a wizard to 90, how about a archer to 80, a barb to 90, or maybe a Seeker/Mystic to 85?

If you don't test their skills and just go "Hurpderp I read skill I know what it does hurpderp" then you will be labeled as a fail of the class and majority of people will tend to try and get your *** killed.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012

What do you mean by "poor translations"? I'm kinda confused there.
    And actually, the DDers had to control their damage most of the time. And Clerics had to keep an eye out, even with BB. :)

And yup, the quests are boring - for all levels. That's why I'm so hyped up about Dynamic Events in [nudge, nudge] that game I was blabbering about. I swear, I'm so hyped I mention it in every post. ><
    edited February 2012

And killing heads for 80% of lvls 1-100 does b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Personally no I don't do FCC and don't plan on it as well as I don't plan on buying rank 9 with real money. To me if I get to end game and have uber gear I will be bored I'm not an altaholic so I take my time and slowly earn everything. I've ground my way to 97 already and I'm still not bored so it wouldn't bother me if FCC dissapeard or R9 from cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Personally no I don't do FCC and don't plan on it as well as I don't plan on buying rank 9 with real money. To me if I get to end game and have uber gear I will be bored I'm not an altaholic so I take my time and slowly earn everything. I've ground my way to 97 already and I'm still not bored so it wouldn't bother me if FCC dissapeard or R9 from cash shop.

+1. Again. :O
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    About the only class you can get away with just reading the skills is on a cleric or sin...beyond that you need to test what each skill does and how to use it to be effective at some point or another.

If you don't believe me? Go and play a psychic to lvl 95, or try and play a wizard to 90, how about a archer to 80, a barb to 90, or maybe a Seeker/Mystic to 85?

If you don't test their skills and just go "Hurpderp I read skill I know what it does hurpderp" then you will be labeled as a fail of the class and majority of people will tend to try and get your *** killed.

I already have all those classes and fair pretty well. It's fine spending an hour our two to figure out your skills, but I highly doubt it'll take you 4 months of smacking fish around to figure out how to chain them properly. This skill stuns, this skill slows, this skill knocks back, oh damn that was hard.
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    And killing heads for 80% of lvls 1-100 does b:puzzled

I'm more for making FCC a 70+ exclusive dungeon. I'm just saying we'd be worse off if we didn't have something like FCC and force to buy charms to zhen for a percent or two.
    edited February 2012

Amen

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    I already have all those classes and fair pretty well. It's fine spending an hour our two to figure out your skills, but I highly doubt it'll take you 4 months of smacking fish around to figure out how to chain them properly. This skill stuns, this skill slows, this skill knocks back, oh damn that was hard.

What is it with you and fish? >.>

Oh, wow! Aqua Impact slows! And it's usually effective with a chance of 43%, so Glacial Shards would work the same, right?

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But the latter is most popular. :P You can't perfect luring within an hour - eg:

Kowlins have horrible HP, so if you don't time it right, it dies and your squad fails. Bad Venomancer is bad.