Would you quit PWI if...

Options
13»

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I already have all those classes and fair pretty well. It's fine spending an hour our two to figure out your skills, but I highly doubt it'll take you 4 months of smacking fish around to figure out how to chain them properly. This skill stuns, this skill slows, this skill knocks back, oh damn that was hard.

If you think the game was solely about a random world map quest killing 0/50 fish, then you have absolutely no clue what made this game so great years ago. Contrary to your ignorance, there were great squad moments and instances that everyone wanted to go do and L E A R N their role and what they need to do to make the squad successful. Now it's all about a level 1 bow and did we get 50 heads or 60. This game is a joke and so is your viewpoint on it.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    RyokiiX - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you think the game was solely about a random world map quest killing 0/50 fish, then you have absolutely no clue what made this game so great years ago. Contrary to your ignorance, there were great squad moments, instances that everyone wanted to go do and L E A R N their role and what they need to do to make the squad successful. Now it's all about a level 1 bow and did we get 50 heads or 60. This game is a joke, and so is your viewpoint on it.

I agree wholeheartedly, Fuzzy Barb. Man, I'm still amazed Assassins are tanking now. :P

Lol, I remember one person, around 80 or so, asking me what "luring" was and if Assassins had vampire-istic skills that used up your HP. o_o And he/she also told me they were "new."

New at 80? Wtfudge you playin' at? O.O
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I already have all those classes and fair pretty well. It's fine spending an hour our two to figure out your skills, but I highly doubt it'll take you 4 months of smacking fish around to figure out how to chain them properly. This skill stuns, this skill slows, this skill knocks back, oh damn that was hard.

lol, you missed my whole point.

Well w/e, I can tell your one of the hyper newbs who can't make money off the other plvl'ing newbs in this game. So I end this "Discussion" here before I bother to waste any more of my currently active brain cells on your feable attempt at blocking an actual intellectual discussion.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm more for making FCC a 70+ exclusive dungeon. I'm just saying we'd be worse off if we didn't have something like FCC and force to buy charms to zhen for a percent or two.

Worse off without FC LOL

we didn't always have FC

I have 2 lvl 100+ toons on RT and lvl 100+ toons on Lost and on Lost I was lvl 100 before there was an FC and it was much better then because you know what zhen squads worked, why because hey you are there picking up drops making coin to pay for damage and any pots you use, and who uses charms b:chuckle Well for TW I do, but not for anything else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you think the game was solely about a random world map quest killing 0/50 fish, then you have absolutely no clue what made this game so great years ago. Contrary to your ignorance, there were great squad moments and instances that everyone wanted to go do and L E A R N their role and what they need to do to make the squad successful. Now it's all about a level 1 bow and did we get 50 heads or 60. This game is a joke and so is your viewpoint on it.

Go "learn" and get that feeling in FCC or TT run.
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

The kitten is smarter than our resident anti-smacker! :O
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly, Fuzzy Barb. Man, I'm still amazed Assassins are tanking now. :P

Lol, I remember one person, around 80 or so, asking me what "luring" was and if Assassins had vampire-istic skills that used up your HP. o_o And he/she also told me they were "new."

New at 80? Wtfudge you playin' at? O.O

lol forsaken world person comin to pwi??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol forsaken world person comin to pwi??

Damn, I forgot about that game. LOL. :D Reminds me of Allods or something.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    To the people who say powerleveling and buying end-game gear in the item mall is what keeps the game running:

How come so many free to play games survive perfectly fine by only selling cosmetics and exp boosts? Even a game based on a league of legendary arena battlers survives just on selling skins/fashion alone (valued from $5 - $40) and has the server capacity to house 15 millions players.

Time to find a new excuse to support your need to pay-to-win. Other games survive without it.

Surprisingly this ^^^

Also currently beta testing a MMOFPS (title not listed here cause of rules) but I'll give you a a hint, it is certainly "Tribal" in nature and F2P eventually.

Maybe PWI should just do the subscription model thing. Oh but wait its more profitable to sell shiny trinkets that play cool over and make you hit for over 9000 versus just shiny trinkets that are 'looking cool' and just have aesthetic value. (No PW fashion doesn't count cause it goes hand in hand with permanent addition of R9) hence feeding the company.

As well as ridiculous armor that you can't get (only from Success Modes, that are above your level.) for example 89 boots from 90 success mode and that is something like a 1/12 chance. Had a friend ingame recently who wanted 88 Mold boots. Couldn't get them, cause the mold doesn't come out of a 'normal' FB. Can't be grinded and can't be earned through the DQ system. Ah well that is PW for you. Useless progress in 4 years. But what is the point anyway? When you can run to level 90 or 100 in under 2 weeks let alone, 1 week with FC. Might as well take a dump in the park.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LOLWUT?? God forbid PW forces noobs to actually make their toons work for their exp and gear.

I know there are dozens of threads out there that expose the noobness of p'lvlers but I gotta say, the day some BM in a GV BH decided to jump my *** for not healing him while fighting a mob wave speaks volumes about the stupidity and naive ignorance of p'lvlers. PW should realize that those are the people who are not going to be long term clients of the game because of the frustration their noobish idiocy creates for them.

So to answer the OP's question I think it would be better for Frost to revert back to the instance it was (a mat and gear producing instance like lunar and HH for those of you who weren't around) and make rank gear harder to get by making stricter prerequisites (perhaps very long and strenuous quests that take months to achieve). People who actually work long and hard to achieve what they get in life are generally more apt to have greater respect for what they earn than those who don't. No different in the game I believe.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    FCC and the ability to buy end-game gear from the item mall was removed?

My anwser to this is....No. I already miss the old days of when people actually quested and knew how to play thier characters. It gets lonely questing on my lowbies now since no one is ever around. As for FCC I would love for it to turn back into a gear instance.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LOLWUT?? God forbid PW forces noobs to actually make their toons work for their exp and gear.

I know there are dozens of threads out there that expose the noobness of p'lvlers but I gotta say, the day some BM in a GV BH decided to jump my *** for not healing him while fighting a mob wave speaks volumes about the stupidity and naive ignorance of p'lvlers. PW should realize that those are the people who are not going to be long term clients of the game because of the frustration their noobish idiocy creates for them.

So to answer the OP's question I think it would be better for Frost to revert back to the instance it was (a mat and gear producing instance like lunar and HH for those of you who weren't around) and make rank gear harder to get by making stricter prerequisites (perhaps very long and strenuous quests that take months to achieve). People who actually work long and hard to achieve what they get in life are generally more apt to have greater respect for what they earn than those who don't. No different in the game I believe.

PW will do that. But then give in to the endless QQing about it. **** you, PW, I want intelligent players, or at least people with common sense in this so-called GAME.
  • Mellus - Raging Tide
    Mellus - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I started playing this game recently with a group of friends and we all treat it like a layover.. just something to do between another mutually played game (the one that only charges for option fashion but has million dollar tournaments and currently holds the highest F2P playebase) and waiting until the next big MMO hits.

We all found it damn hilarious that for a free to play game such as PWI, there are people who have spend well over a thousand USD.. for what? The ability to look pretty and one-shot players who aren't DINKs or trust fundies? Lmao.

I don't think any sensible, reasonable adult would invest a grand, two grand, etc. into such a low quality, low maintenance game when they could just play something well polished like 'that one game that's been out for 7 years with 12 million players'- you know the one where you spend $100 for the expansions, $15 a month (or the one with lightsabers.. no names since I guess the mods feel threatened if you mention successful games that aren't dying) and are on an equal footing with every other player. The kind of game where your abilities as a player are never hindered by the size of your paycheck.

I feel like the people who just endlessly cash shop and blow their wallets on lottery packs and grind/merchant a thousand RL dollars worth of game-currency would fail at a subscription game because you could not gain significant leverage over other players by the size of your wallet.

That's probably why they cling onto this game, and that's probably who the devs are catering to with their new expansion. And if you haven't yet realized that the developers are obviously milking the holy ghost out of the fat wallet players.. well bless you for your ignorance. b:chuckle
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I started playing this game recently with a group of friends and we all treat it like a layover.. just something to do between another mutually played game (the one that only charges for option fashion but has million dollar tournaments and currently holds the highest F2P playebase) and waiting until the next big MMO hits.

We all found it damn hilarious that for a free to play game such as PWI, there are people who have spend well over a thousand USD.. for what? The ability to look pretty and one-shot players who aren't DINKs or trust fundies? Lmao.

I don't think any sensible, reasonable adult would invest a grand, two grand, etc. into such a low quality, low maintenance game when they could just play something well polished like 'that one game that's been out for 7 years with 12 million players'- you know the one where you spend $100 for the expansions, $15 a month (or the one with lightsabers.. no names since I guess the mods feel threatened if you mention successful games that aren't dying) and are on an equal footing with every other player. The kind of game where your abilities as a player are never hindered by the size of your paycheck.

I feel like the people who just endlessly cash shop and blow their wallets on lottery packs and grind/merchant a thousand RL dollars worth of game-currency would fail at a subscription game because you could not gain significant leverage over other players by the size of your wallet.

That's probably why they cling onto this game, and that's probably who the devs are catering to with their new expansion. And if you haven't yet realized that the developers are obviously milking the holy ghost out of the fat wallet players.. well bless you for your ignorance. b:chuckle

I'm just waiting for that awesome, dynamic B2P game from ArenaNet to come out. :3 I gave up on this a long time ago, and I only come on to talk to my guildmates and friends - a good bunch of 'em are moving to that game as soon as it's out. PW will never learn, sadly.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Personally, this game is the only one MMO I ever played. Paying 15$ a month to play a game I already paid to me is stupid. I prefer to have the flexibility to put money in the game when I can.

yes there are better game out there. But since I already spend to much on this one, I will enjoy it until it goes down. I used to get 50$ a month 2 years ago to fuel my cleric in mp pot and charm. I did get to much fashion, but it's my money I spend it the way I want.

Over all all that fashion paid for my demon skills. So it was not the worst investment I did. For now my main can play the game and win enough coins to not have to use zen. In the last year I spend 150$ on the new veno pack and won 3 nix and 1 herc. Sold 2 nix for 80 mil, witch is about 40$ back income each.

so 70$ / 12 = 5.83 $ a month. I think the longer I play, the cheaper the game will get.

I wonder if you add all the money u spend on all the games u tryed in the last 7 year, How much it cost u.

Here is my total:
    NWN1 plat : 65$
    NWN2 steam : 20$
    PWI for 4 year, : 2000$
    Alice madness return, steam : 50$

Total : I'll be generous and round it up to 2500$ in the last 7 year.

7 year of the other most popular game is 1360$ monthly subscription. Fill out the other 1/2 :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beastlaird - Heavens Tear
    Beastlaird - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    no personaly i wouldnet quit....cuz i belive thats what killled the game in the first place but thats just me

Nope wouldn't quit either but the rank gear was uncalled for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Move Forward
    To SUCCEED
  • Beastlaird - Heavens Tear
    Beastlaird - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    PW will do that. But then give in to the endless QQing about it. **** you, PW, I want intelligent players, or at least people with common sense in this so-called GAME.

They always do and if they(PWI) put the Lvl cap back on FF(Frost City) to 75+ since that is when you get your first quest in there plvling would go out the window and ppl would have to learn to play their toon instead of thinking they know how to play
    because they got plvled from 1-100 or w/e lvl they decide to stop at and then have to go abck and do their culti's just to learn skills, then they don't even know what to get till they start world chatting asking others what needs to be gotten skill wise on their toon. So if you make a toon learn it and maybe you get some manners and respect for others that actually bust their *** to get their gear and know how to play their toon instead of these wannabes trying to play it like any other MMORPG game, Then maybe this game come back to it's senses instead of just catering to the trusties and "I live at home so I got no bill to pay other than this game cause mommy and daddy still pay bills cause I still live at home"ppl., and cater toward the working class also you just might get even more ppl to buy stuff from the botiques and make the game go back to maybe and even footing but then again I work for all my stuff and really don't care what others think till they try saying they better than the rest of the ppl on the server because they glitched FF or Nirvanna or they got R8 or R9 1st stage or 2nd stage gear and or their Nirvy gear because of their exploiting glitches while other try to play legit and honest and earn their gear and weps the right way. But then again maybe it is true what they say GM's are Myths since never see them except on certain servers and rest of the game has to suffer seeing all kinds of stuff going on and all the sexual explicit name and innuendos of sex named toons that they don't even enforce their own rules to ban toons with them type names. So who knows what will happen to this game...keep catering to the qqer's and trusties or try catering toward the working class looking for a little time out from the real world?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Move Forward
    To SUCCEED