[Contest] Winter Loading Screen - Winners Announced

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why not just add a link to the winners on the first post so we don't have to sort through pages of posts to find it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why not just add a link to the winners on the first post so we don't have to sort through pages of posts to find it?

That would be too easy though, takes too long!! (See below!)

(Contest Winners)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That would be too easy though, takes too long!! (See below!)

(Contest Winners)

Thanks b:kissb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks b:kissb:kiss

Just for you b:kissb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Jazi - Dreamweaver
    Jazi - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I agree that DokuroPanda or Lingzi should have won first place. Next time let your players vote on finalists or something.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Congratulations to all the winners~ b:cute
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    After seeing some of the comments in here... Good to see I'm not the only one who felt the first place should've gone to lingzi or dokuro.

I think those entries were a bit more expressive of the theme and either deserved first place.

Current first place winner isn't that bad but uh... I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing it in game.

I'd say I wish there would be an official poll on the picked wallpapers so that we the players can decide what WE want in our game, but it would probably be a bit too far-fetched. b:sweat

There's too many ways for people to get fake votes, etc. The current poll, unless they change it for the contests, allows you vote on it on every alt you have, regardless if that account already voted. Then you got alt accounts that you can do too. All you need is to make 1 level one char and bam. While it sounds like a lot of work, it's not really when you think of the 70 gold first place just got.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There's too many ways for people to get fake votes, etc. The current poll, unless they change it for the contests, allows you vote on it on every alt you have, regardless if that account already voted. Then you got alt accounts that you can do too. All you need is to make 1 level one char and bam. While it sounds like a lot of work, it's not really when you think of the 70 gold first place just got.

Not to mention the players with the more interconnected and best guilds will win, not necessarily based on talent. It's not that hard to see a vote for so and so in xxx contest win guildmates getting someone illegitimate votes. And while they can prevent multi-accounts, they cannot prevent that from happening. There is a reason the oscars are more highly regarded than the people's choice awards. Those just tend to go to whichever got the most teeny boppers to go omfg! rather than which movie was actually better. Look at all the people saying that the theme wasn't as important as what is they were going to look at in the other thread. The prize was a loading screen, the theme was the contest rules. The contest rules should have more weight in the determination of the winner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Uh- Its febuary- Everyone but the rednecks, and trailer park dwellers have taken down their christmas decor at least a month ago- ijs
    re
  • Naturala - Archosaur
    Naturala - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just wish the pictures were more game-listic.

The winning one will annoy me if i see it when its loading.. it's far too cartoony and too different from the current ones. Can we have a option to turn off selected loading screens??

Kudos to all the entrants though for time and effort
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There were one or two entries that didn't get mentioned at all that I thought were better than all the the winners, not because the winners' entries were poorly done but none of them were in a style that I really like. b:surrender
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    woot, gratz for the winner. what-a-barb. rawr. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Styx_Phoenix - Sanctuary
    Styx_Phoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    :/

I'm depressed.

I spent 3 freakin days on drawing my entry, then some screenshots even gets some prize and I get nothing for the work... I'm sure everyone spent lots of effort drawing whatever they did, but... ugh.
    My entry
    Makes me feel like I should've just taken a screenshot instead of putting in the effort, lols.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I'm depressed.

I spent 3 freakin days on drawing my entry, then some screenshots even gets some prize and I get nothing for the work... I'm sure everyone spent lots of effort drawing whatever they did, but... ugh.
    My entry
    Makes me feel like I should've just taken a screenshot instead of putting in the effort, lols.

Your picture looks awesome. I hope you don't mind if I save it and use it for a background on my computer?
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I'm depressed.

My entry

Yeah agreed this one is good.
    (Still like Dokuro's and Lingzi's though)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah agreed this one is good.
    (Still like Dokuro's and Lingzi's though)

b:pleased so many people love me
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:pleased so many people love me

I guess you can say that...

i know not perfect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silberfluss - Dreamweaver
    Silberfluss - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I'm depressed.

My entry

as your entery came to the contest page, i tought oh my.. thats my biggest congruent.
    but then more enterys came like lingzi`s etc...
    well yes you sit 3 days on your pic, but me either, and alot other peole too i guess.

and the pics in screenshot-section are not only screens, they were edited to new pics if you look closely and thats as hard as drawing , or might even harder since it shall look professional b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I guess you can say that...

i know not perfect

b:laugh thnx for making it, really appreciate it
  • albamadrid
    albamadrid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:cuteb:cute
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=405781

New contest, design the next PWI Loading Screen!

Update (12-8-2011):

Grand Prize has been updated to give the winner the option of either a Tidal Serpent OR 7,000 ZEN.

Update: (12-27-2011 at noon PST)

Also, please know that images must be approved by someone at PWE before actually appearing on the website. This is why your image doesn't immediately appear after you submit it. Please consider the approval to appear on the site as the first stage of the judging process.

I'm going through a bunch right now, so be on the lookout for your submission.

Update 1-17-2012

Hey guys, after looking into it further, it turns out that our system auto re-sizes images that are uploaded to the fan content tool if they exceed a certain filesize (800k).

We're working now to change the way the tool works.

As for the contest, the winners were actually going to be announced today, but we'll have to postpone the results by one week so that we can go through the judging process again.

There is no need to re-submit your entries; what we'll do is allow any of the current entries that at least have the same proportions as 1280x1024. So for example, if your entry's dimensions were 1058x846, it will be accepted because it's proportionally the same as 1280x1024.

So I'm sorry about the delay in announcing the winners, but at least they will have been chosen from the correct pool of entries.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Looks like I have one less reason to keep playing... the winning entry would be nice if it was just as a wallpaper or a piece of art, but I'll get really annoyed if that is to be a loading screne because it's so different from the current loading screens. It ruins any immersion I have in the game at all. That's not a good thing.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Redemption codes for all Giant Bunny and Demon/Sage Card prizes have been emailed! If you're one of the winners, please check our PWE-registered email for your code.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Redemption codes for all Giant Bunny and Demon/Sage Card prizes have been emailed! If you're one of the winners, please check our PWE-registered email for your code.

My code isn't working. I keep getting an error message.

edit: And now it's acting weird and sent me like 4 giant bunnies but not a single demon/sage event card. I'm gonna submit a ticket. Anybody else have this problem?

edit again: I didn't even put in the code this time, and it just sent me another bunny. But still no sage/demon event card. I don't understand what's going on. Please stop sending me bunnies.....I don't want to get banned for being a bunny hacking hoarder or something. Just give me my sage/demon card and I'll be on my way......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    Cadaveria - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

edit: And now it's acting weird and sent me like 4 giant bunnies but not a single demon/sage event card. I'm gonna submit a ticket. Anybody else have this problem?

edit again: I didn't even put in the code this time, and it just sent me another bunny. But still no sage/demon event card. I don't understand what's going on. Please stop sending me bunnies.....I don't want to get banned for being a bunny hacking hoarder or something. Just give me my sage/demon card and I'll be on my way......

I have the same issue. Got an error and tried again, so now I got 2 bunnies but no event card.
  • frankieraye
    edited February 2012
    Options

Forwarding to the GM team, subject line: Bunny Hacking Hoarder, Plz Ban!

Looking into this situation now..
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Forwarding to the GM team, subject line: Bunny Hacking Hoarder, Plz Ban!
    b:shockedb:chuckle
    Looking into this situation now..

Thanks. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • frankieraye
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay, please check your email again, we've sent out new codes, and these should work correctly...b:mischievous
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay, please check your email again, we've sent out new codes, and these should work correctly...b:mischievous

Thanks for being so quick!

edit: am I free to npc the remaining bunnies or whatever? Or does a Gm have to take care of that. I kinda want to hatch mine now. But haven't touched it since I submitted a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: