b:cool the moment of truth
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Finishing touches now b:victory

I swear when i saw you replied to the thread i was so ready to tell you "go die in a fire"
    Because i thought it was postponed again b:surrender My bad.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2012

b:laugh thnx frankie, but i only watch the vid, no sound because i am working in an office b:laugh will watch again when i got home
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Can we skip to the part where Lingzi wins?
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    *though two of her entries are here, Lingzi will still only receive one prize. It was too hard for me to leave one out. My brain would have exploded.

LOL b:laugh
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Who judges these?
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    although i am always complaining and always angry in game and forum, but when it comes to art, which i am very passionate about, i will always show sportsmanship. so congratulate to EarlGrey, your white tiger really is well placed and looked alive. and grats all the runner-ups. now you can spawn your bunny near cube entrance, give it a funny name, and go afk.

great contest, if theres another one for spring, i will be back - also with my improved painting skill b:coolb:coolb:coolb:coolb:cool
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    OMG OMG OMG! I got a runner up prize for my screenshot. I"m like so completely overjoyed right now! I saw the all the beautiful art there and thought no way could my screenshot get a prize! b:victory Thank you so much, and congratulations to all the other winners and especially to EarlGrey. Truly great contest Frankie! Thanks!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TiikeriLilja - Heavens Tear
    TiikeriLilja - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Oh, but I would have loved to see Lingzi's work (the colorful one) as a loading screen. My own work would had just felt awkward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enjoy the Silence
  • Midi - Momaganon
    Midi - Momaganon Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    lol wtf Faiskittles`s pic is as same made as my picture, edited screenshots + drawing, and mine is for sure 50% + drawed , maybe im to pro that anybody can notice it huh? b:scorn
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The winners picture look like it should be on a christmas card, not the loading screen, I thought others looked better for the situation personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I love the fantasy drawings in the winners section. But what's with the halfnaked girls? b:cold

Anyways, Grats to the winners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Who judges these?

I agree, how long is it going to be a loading screen?
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    although i am always complaining and always angry in game and forum, but when it comes to art, which i am very passionate about, i will always show sportsmanship. so congratulate to EarlGrey, your white tiger really is well placed and looked alive. and grats all the runner-ups. now you can spawn your bunny near cube entrance, give it a funny name, and go afk.

great contest, if theres another one for spring, i will be back - also with my improved painting skill b:coolb:coolb:coolb:coolb:cool

How? O_o
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Literally....out of all the artworks given...the only one that came into the winner post that even remotely looks like it is part of PWI is the one DokuroPanda - Raging Tide did. The rest of them look like some sort of holiday theme card opener.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Literally....out of all the artworks given...the only one that came into the winner post that even remotely looks like it is part of PWI is the one DokuroPanda - Raging Tide did. The rest of them look like some sort of holiday theme card opener.

This and Lingzi's coloured one were the best IMO.

Dokuro's actually looked like the other loading screens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think PWI judges intentionally pick god-awful winners so that people with no artistic talent arent discouraged from these events.

A noble intention , if it is indeed true.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    cant wait for my big fat bunny, was thinking of naming it 'TrueSOPA', n then spawn it on south archo banker (so no one can click him), then go to sleep. letting people feel the true dreads of SOPA b:laugh
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think PWI judges intentionally pick god-awful winners so that people with no artistic talent arent discouraged from these events.

A noble intention , if it is indeed true.

I'd agree with this if they hadn't picked someone who didn't turn in the facebook PWI avatar face thing on time. So I'm just gonna say they intentionally pick godaweful winners in attempts to **** their playerbase off.

Imo Lingzi's or DokuroPanda should have won since it actually feels like it a PWI loading screen and not PW -The anime fanart
    I <3 A lot of people
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'd agree with this if they hadn't picked someone who didn't turn in the facebook PWI avatar face thing on time. So I'm just gonna say they intentionally pick godaweful winners in attempts to **** their playerbase off.

Imo Lingzi's or DokuroPanda should have won since it actually feels like it a PWI loading screen and not PW -The anime fanart

Hahaha I usually have terrible things to say about the first prize winners, in fact I typed up a good, insulting paragraph about the quality of the work, then I realized, I don't know who EarlGrey is, maybe its some 13 year old kid... and I wouldn't go into a middle school insulting all the kid's art projects, which they tried hard on, so I didn't post it :x
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This isn't a art contest. If it was, then I'd support the winner (looks like a lot of effort was put in it, props). But this is for a loading screen, and I for one do not want to stare at fan-art, anime style artwork as I mash keys trying to get into TW.

Anyway, I know the winners have been finalized and etc etc, I'd just like to throw in a suggestion to judge based on the theme/goal of contest.

Again, props to the winner, though I would've liked to see Lingzi or Dokuro as winner. Congrats to everyone :)
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    How? O_o
    Tiger looked more constipated then anything and the veno stoned out of her mind. Will be interesting to see if China allows them to add this to their game.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Just... wow. The winner. Why? It looks like it belongs on a kid's cereal box if it weren't for the oversized ****...

DokuroPanda should of won. b:sad It looks just like the other loading screens and it really makes me think of winter. I don't want to be staring at a dumb anime fanart when I'm trying to get in game. b:surrender

Anyone else notice wolfangel's drawing? The girl with the santa hat has derp eyes! O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I see nothing wrong with the Winning artwork. It goes toward a more cartoon/fun feel than a realistic vibe from some of the runner-ups.

I would enjoy any of them as a loading screen but there can only be one.

Grats to everyone and their fantastic abilities b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Dio_Ren - Heavens Tear
    Dio_Ren - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=405781

New contest, design the next PWI Loading Screen!

Update (12-8-2011):

Grand Prize has been updated to give the winner the option of either a Tidal Serpent OR 7,000 ZEN.

Update: (12-27-2011 at noon PST)

Also, please know that images must be approved by someone at PWE before actually appearing on the website. This is why your image doesn't immediately appear after you submit it. Please consider the approval to appear on the site as the first stage of the judging process.

I'm going through a bunch right now, so be on the lookout for your submission.

Update 1-17-2012

Hey guys, after looking into it further, it turns out that our system auto re-sizes images that are uploaded to the fan content tool if they exceed a certain filesize (800k).

We're working now to change the way the tool works.

As for the contest, the winners were actually going to be announced today, but we'll have to postpone the results by one week so that we can go through the judging process again.

There is no need to re-submit your entries; what we'll do is allow any of the current entries that at least have the same proportions as 1280x1024. So for example, if your entry's dimensions were 1058x846, it will be accepted because it's proportionally the same as 1280x1024.

So I'm sorry about the delay in announcing the winners, but at least they will have been chosen from the correct pool of entries.

When do you announce and show the winners and loses of this contests?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Right here.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    After seeing some of the comments in here... Good to see I'm not the only one who felt the first place should've gone to lingzi or dokuro.

I think those entries were a bit more expressive of the theme and either deserved first place.

Current first place winner isn't that bad but uh... I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing it in game.

I'd say I wish there would be an official poll on the picked wallpapers so that we the players can decide what WE want in our game, but it would probably be a bit too far-fetched. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]