[Contest] Winter Loading Screen - Winners Announced

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I keep getting a "server error" whenever I try to visit the page. It only affects the fan content page. Is it down or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    Tidestrike - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I keep getting a "server error" whenever I try to visit the page. It only affects the fan content page. Is it down or something?

I also had problems like this before, but the whole site was down. Even the forums wouldn't load for me. It was only for half an hourish though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I got a question i wanted to ask the contest judges, what if some of the artwork are so good, so professionally made, and that you cannot believe that it is fan made, and you ended up assuming it is stolen from other places, and you end up ignoring it? i hope that does not happen. b:sad b:sad b:sad
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i think some of the scenery screenshots are best so far...

honestly i dont think i want a loading screen that looks more suggestive than the current ones >.> god forbid someone walks past behind me

nor am i personally interested in loading a pic of someone elses character everyday <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    Cadaveria - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What are the terms and conditions? Regarding the art work it self not the contest.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    no idea, i wanted to know it too,

i really wanted to post my loading screen post on my DeviantArt too but too scared that if i put it there, my eligibility for contest will get taken away. b:sad b:sad b:sad
  • BonCu - Sanctuary
    BonCu - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmm... Its more than 48 hrs since i uploaded it and it's still not there.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Can I just upload mine here please?

http://i.imgur.com/FO77H.png
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmm... Its more than 48 hrs since i uploaded it and it's still not there.

yea i posted mine more than 48 hrs ago, i kept checking it, waiting it to be on the contest gallery, it didnt come out, im pissed. GMs knows no consistency b:angry b:angry b:angry
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Can I just upload mine here please?

http://i.imgur.com/FO77H.png
    b:laughb:chuckle
    Fish with daggers haha
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    It's been well over a week now and mine still haven't been posted in the contest gallery b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's been well over a week now and mine still haven't been posted in the contest gallery b:sad

irrelevant, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna win.
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    irrelevant, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna win.

I know but they could at least make it look like the competition is still on b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I like it better when we email them our work, not wait for our things to get uploaded. It's dumb. The past 2 competitions, I submitted things and it never went through. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    anyone know how long does it take GMs to judge ? b:sad
  • Midi - Momaganon
    Midi - Momaganon Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    im wondering why some people added the pwi logo and even the loading-bar.
    cant remember that it was part of the requirements.... b:sweat
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    im wondering why some people added the pwi logo and even the loading-bar.
    cant remember that it was part of the requirements.... b:sweat

It wasn't. Was wondering the same thing... b:puzzled
    edited December 2011
    I don't get the loading bar because thats obviously added by the UI but the example picture did have a logo on it. So I included it jsut to be safe. And I think I figured out the problem about my entries. The editor I used automatically resized them. Gonna fix that and reupload. Make yours didn't do the same peeps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    that pitch red one with the santa girl cleric is a japanese pwi official background >.>

im betting the staff wont realize that lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited December 2011
    that pitch red one with the santa girl cleric is a japanese pwi official background >.>

It's got the copyright info and everyting on it still. >.> XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    3 days ago i submitted mine, but it didnt appear, GM didnt explain why. technically it should be on the fan content already. this is so frustrating.

so i submitted another one yesterday, i hope they gets it and post it on fan content. i dont want to win, i just want everyone to see my art. if GM dont even wanna put it up, that seriously is gonna hurt me because i worked my *** off. b:angry b:angry b:angry
    edited December 2011
    3 days ago i submitted mine, but it didnt appear, GM didnt explain why. technically it should be on the fan content already. this is so frustrating.

so i submitted another one yesterday, i hope they gets it and post it on fan content. i dont want to win, i just want everyone to see my art. if GM dont even wanna put it up, that seriously is gonna hurt me because i worked my *** off. b:angry b:angry b:angry

Did you double check the size?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Did you double check the size?

i probably quadruple checked it lol, i checked it so much i memorized it, its 1280, 1024 b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle
    edited December 2011
    i probably quadruple checked it lol, i checked it so much i memorized it, its 1280, 1024 b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle

LMAO! Yeah mine somehow got resized when I changed formarts from PNG which I started with to JPEG. :P SO now hopefully they'll finally take my submissions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    LMAO! Yeah mine somehow got resized when I changed formarts from PNG which I started with to JPEG. :P SO now hopefully they'll finally take my submissions.

goodluck hunny b:victory

b:surrender i checked my recycle bin n the file is 1280 1024, so thank goodness b:surrender
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    edited December 2011

Wow they derped that one up... I bet it wins >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Midi - Momaganon
    Midi - Momaganon Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i dont think they havent release yours because of the size,
    there are some at the contest which are not 1280 x 1024 for sure

i also submitted mine days ago and did it again and again,
    but its also not released yet
    dunno what it is, i never got a reason, since my other artworks has been submitted very quickly, and all with same format.b:sad
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    i dont think they havent release yours because of the size,
    there are some at the contest which are not 1280 x 1024 for sure

i also submitted mine days ago and did it again and again,
    but its also not released yet
    dunno what it is, i never got a reason, since my other artworks has been submitted very quickly, and all with same format.b:sad
    b:sad maybe we showed too much skin
  • Gracehana - Heavens Tear
    Gracehana - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    after posting some stuffs on the contest- i wanted to ask... am i suppose to add that
    'Loading bar' on the bottom into my work? :x i wasn't sure if im suppose to add it into the picture or not... i looked at work pieces of others and some did and some did not...b:shocked

at first i posted one of my work without 'Perfect World' logo sign and looked at others-b:shocked *again* and added logos to my other 2 posts.... ehhhhhb:surrender

can someone clarify exactly what Im suppose to post into the picture? Am i suppose to add the PW logo, loading bar into the picture? in that case i gotta re-make them D: b:cry
    tbh there wont b much work to do fixing them- but i dont think they update fixed one very closely similar to previously posted ones.... :<

i like this contest- i havn't been drawing so long and started drawing again last night :D b:cute
    i saw; we can post as many we like...*nasty grin*... and gonna draw some more :> so was curious if I need to do some more editing for other pictures...

I WANT THAT GIANT BUNNNEYYYYYYY FOR MY X_MAS GIFT!!!!!!! NOM NOM NOM

p.s) to those people who didnt get ur picture posted on Contest, you should probably check your pixel size.... i posted 2 and only one of them was posted in like less than 24hours... for another i waited like 3 days(even posted it again within that 3days) but did not get updated. then i checked the pixel size and it was 1300x something. So i edited it, cropped out some parts(tears*) and resubmitted it. after like 12 hours... TA-DA!!! it was posted. :>
    so yeah it's pretty much about the pixel size xD
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    hmm how did you get to use 5 emotes on one post? i thought should be only 3

but anyway... i dont think we need to put logo n loading bar. here r some reasons why i think its not necessary:

the GMs did not give us PWI logos to use, so that means we need to get it from somewhere else, and i did looked at google n stuffs, most of the logos are outdated and is in a bad .jpeg quality. if GMs wants you to put logo, they will give you one.

n the loading bar, how are we suppose to know the exact spot where the loading bar should be. and we all know that the loading bar fills up as it loads, GMs will have a hard time painting that into your pic.

n u know on photoshop theres always the 'layers', its easier to just put all the logos, frames n bars using one extra layer.

and also, some pics are said to not appear on fan content, ppl said its because of size, thats not totally true, i sent a 1280x1024 pic to them, n no, it didnt appear 2 days later, in fact, it didnt appear at all, i am still waiting, so i thought it might really be because of the size, so i look into my recycle bin (i deleted the file) and its still 1280 x 1024. size is completely correct, but they still did not put my pic up. its just inconsistency and disorganization in the PWI office, sometimes things get done, sometimes things dont.

sorry for my english, im american