Sins DO NOT need a nerf

Options
Hurrdurr - Lothranis
Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Tidal protection isn't even OP. There's a 30 second window every 90 seconds which means sins can be killed easily in that time.

Stealth works as how it was intended to work. So what if we get one spark on a skill that has 90s cool down time.

Our chi skills are simply needed to play. There's no way we'd be playing a balanced game if assassins could not get enough chi from RDS and IH to headhunt and spark on you.

We lack AoEs. Unlike other classes, our 'utlis' are no where near as good as theirs. Wizard's Black Ice Dragon Strike deals way more damage than our Subsea can ever deal. BM's Roar of Pride stuns for longer for way less chi cost.

We also have the least attack levels because of the way we build our characters. Most of us go for APS build which requires 2 pieces of TT99 LA and R8 chest as well as Nirvana leggins and TT99 ornaments. This means that we lack the 63 attack levels R9 set provides and therefore does nerf our damage a bit.

No more QQ please b:bye
Post edited by Hurrdurr - Lothranis on

Comments

• AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lol.

All I can say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    dont forget to pass around your bong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I lol'd IRL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    No I'm not. Sins are not OP. BM can stun lock just as well as sins can and there are classes that can one shot better than sins.
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Try harder.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Try harder.

Oke, you should know as well as anyone that sins are not OP from having played one as well as a BM. I've always found it easier to stun lock on my BM than sin and I think that's universal.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    No I'm not. Sins are not OP. BM can stun lock just as well as sins can and there are classes that can one shot better than sins.

You win one internet for best joke of the year
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Tidal protection isn't even OP. There's a 30 second window every 90 seconds which means sins can be killed easily in that time.

Stealth works as how it was intended to work. So what if we get one spark on a skill that has 90s cool down time.

Our chi skills are simply needed to play. There's no way we'd be playing a balanced game if assassins could not get enough chi from RDS and IH to headhunt and spark on you.

We lack AoEs. Unlike other classes, our 'utlis' are no where near as good as theirs. Wizard's Black Ice Dragon Strike deals way more damage than our Subsea can ever deal. BM's Roar of Pride stuns for longer for way less chi cost.

We also have the least attack levels because of the way we build our characters. Most of us go for APS build which requires 2 pieces of TT99 LA and R8 chest as well as Nirvana leggins and TT99 ornaments. This means that we lack the 63 attack levels R9 set provides and therefore does nerf our damage a bit.

No more QQ please b:bye

More sins that PvP use the Rank 9 gear, because APS isn't that great against other R9 players. They hit like tanks, and their crits are insane. With the R9 recast, I wouldn't be surprised to see some R9 5APS sins running around PKing people.b:sweat

The long and the short of it is that everyone knows that sins are OP. Sins themselves have even admitted it. They're chi fountains that can disappear at will, coming back when they feel ready to fight again.

And sure, Tidal Protection has that 30 second window... in which a sin can hide in stealth while waiting to be able to cast it again.b:surrender
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    More sins that PvP use the Rank 9 gear, because APS isn't that great against other R9 players. They hit like tanks, and their crits are insane. With the R9 recast, I wouldn't be surprised to see some R9 5APS sins running around PKing people.b:sweat

The long and the short of it is that everyone knows that sins are OP. Sins themselves have even admitted it. They're chi fountains that can disappear at will, coming back when they feel ready to fight again.

And sure, Tidal Protection has that 30 second window... in which a sin can hide in stealth while waiting to be able to cast it again.b:surrender

More archers that PvP use R9 gear than -int gear. Archers can also purge whereas sins cannot. From my PvP experience archer crits are pretty insane too, if you don't believe me just Youtube R9 archer PvP.

I also covered the topic about chi fountain above, without our chi skills we just cannot compete with the other players.

Any class can wait for cooldown in SZ. Stealth is inferior to SZ as you can get attacked in stealth if someone pops a detection potion.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Any class can wait for cooldown in SZ. Stealth is inferior to SZ as you can get attacked in stealth if someone pops a detection potion.
    Yeah too bad we can't take that SZ with us.
    Oke, you should know as well as anyone that sins are not OP from having played one as well as a BM. I've always found it easier to stun lock on my BM than sin and I think that's universal.

2.5 stuns vs 2 stuns, a seal, a sleep, and a 9 second feeze that gives you chi, and water buff to get pass Expel that BM now need 2 sparks on DBB to match? Too bad my BM has half the DPS and can actually be counter stunned. I'd pick a less obviously topic to troll on.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Pretty sure you mean R8 recast.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    More archers that PvP use R9 gear than -int gear. Archers can also purge whereas sins cannot. From my PvP experience archer crits are pretty insane too, if you don't believe me just Youtube R9 archer PvP.

While that's true, R9 archers are OP, but they die to R9 sins like crazy.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah too bad we can't take that SZ with us.

2.5 stuns vs 2 stuns, a seal, a sleep, and a 9 second feeze that gives you chi, and water buff to get pass Expel that BM now need 2 sparks on DBB to match? Too bad my BM has half the DPS and can actually be counter stunned. I'd pick a less obviously topic to troll on.

SZ doesn't have cooldown. Stealth does.

True but because of the shorter cooldown and lesser chi requirement they're still easier to stun lock with. Also BMs can get stun poleaxes I believe for even more stuns. Oh and not to mention that BMs can freeze as well as seal.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options

True but because of the shorter cooldown and lesser chi requirement they're still easier to stun lock with. Also BMs can get stun poleaxes I believe for even more stuns. Oh and not to mention that BMs can freeze as well as seal.

Sins can attack someone right after a fight with no warning, and auto-win because whoever they attacked used their genie/apo already. No amount of SZ hugging will let another close do that. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited January 2012
    Options

Lol seriously, try harder.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sins can attack someone right after a fight with no warning, and auto-win because whoever they attacked used their genie/apo already. No amount of SZ hugging will let another close do that. :D

Well an archer can sit in SZ and elven alacity out after an opponent has finished fighting. A BM has also do the same with their sprints although the lack the surprise an archer possess as they lack range.
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sins are OP, devs don't give a single f*** about that and everyone knows it.

Case closed, move along b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well an archer can sit in SZ and elven alacity out after an opponent has finished fighting. A BM has also do the same with their sprints although the lack the surprise an archer possess as they lack range.

Difference? People can see them coming

WTB stealth powers for my BM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sins are OP, devs don't give a single f*** about that and everyone knows it.

Case closed, move along b:bye

Have you ever considered that maybe devs don't care because sins are not OP?

b:bye
    edited January 2012
    Options

Right... throw me a BM, or any class for that matter (maybe your main?), with equal gear as my HA gimped Sin, +5 armor, +10 weapon, and I'll show you how not OP my Sin is.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Difference? People can see them coming

WTB stealth powers for my BM

However it is very possible that an opponent can have their back turned to the incoming archer. PWI's camera angle doesn't allow a lot of coverage of your back, so it's very possible that an archer could snipe you when you're not even aware.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Everybody knows this is his troll account, and yet people still feed him.
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Try harder troll b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Right... throw me a BM, or any class for that matter (maybe your main?), with equal gear as my HA gimped Sin, +5 armor, +10 weapon, and I'll show you how not OP my Sin is.

Sorry Oke we do not play on the same server. I play on Raging Tide while you play on Harshlands. Maybe we can make it a date if you gave me an account to play on your server.
    edited January 2012
    Options

Revers trollin - with minimal effort, keep having the troll working hard and coming up with "reasons" to defend his troll logic.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options

Common misconception. They see low level and automatically think it's a troll account. If I really wanted to troll, what would stop me from posting on my main?
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wait is this pwiqq or that resmepls guy?

I swear that sig is familar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wait is this pwiqq or that resmepls guy?

I swear that sig is familar.

Troll? I'm deeply offended that you can compare the quality of my English t0 theirs.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.