[Contest] Winter Loading Screen - Winners Announced

Comments

• Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    b:victory thnx tho but i do know how to manage image sizes, the problem is this program 'ACDSee' that i normally used, it does not give you the real size, there is always 1 or 2 pixels difference. it resized my image to 1280x1024 but in reality it resized to 1079x1023 instead. and i only realize this after i submitted my image. b:cry

D: that sucks
    Use Adobe Ilustrator from now, like a boss b:victory
    Or at least paint :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Is there a particular reason you accepted entries that clearly didn't meet the rules? Like...that admittedly super awesome rank 9 sin that had nothing to do with winter, or entries that weren't the proper size?

The rank 9 sin, she has some snow flurries around her, right? About the entries that weren't 1280x1024, I didn't think to enforce that rule before uploading them to the site. For picking the actual winning entries, we enforced it much more strictly.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The rank 9 sin, she has some snow flurries around her, right? About the entries that weren't 1280x1024, I didn't think to enforce that rule before uploading them to the site. For picking the actual winning entries, we enforced it much more strictly.

Ah I see them now, the monitor resolution wasn't that great the first time I viewed it. But there are still a few entries that have nothing to do with winter. Even though all of the entries are extremely well done....and how strictly are we talking? Is everyone that wasn't that exact pixel size disqualified? Or was there an acceptable range? Eg would someone like Lingzi's 1079x1023 entry be disqualified, even though its a one pixel difference on both ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • frankieraye
    edited January 2012
    Ah I see them now, the monitor resolution wasn't that great the first time I viewed it. But there are still a few entries that have nothing to do with winter. Even though all of the entries are extremely well done....and how strictly are we talking? Is everyone that wasn't that exact pixel size disqualified? Or was there an acceptable range? Eg would someone like Lingzi's 1079x1023 entry be disqualified, even though its a one pixel difference on both ends.

Lingzi's entry wasn't disqualified since it was only 1 px off, but a lot of other entries were significantly smaller than the requirements, which unfortunately disqualified them :\
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Why it lasts too much? b:cry
    I want to know who wonb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    Cadaveria - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    So everyone talking about image size here made me wanna go and check mine too, although I rechecked it so many times before I uploaded. So I checked the image I uploaded from my computer and it was right, but then I go on the page and it was a totally different size... Am I missing something here?...
  • Midi - Momaganon
    Midi - Momaganon Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    So everyone talking about image size here made me wanna go and check mine too, although I rechecked it so many times before I uploaded. So I checked the image I uploaded from my computer and it was right, but then I go on the page and it was a totally different size... Am I missing something here?...

the image preview on pwi`s page isnt 1:1 ratio,
    its just a smaller preview because they using a flashthing or something like that :D
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Yes Midi I noticed that. That's why I opened them in a new tab so I can see the actual size, and mine is smaller than what I uploaded, same image, but smaller, so then wrong dimensions, so then I'm disqualified for who's mistake?
  • Bluluv - Dreamweaver
    Bluluv - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I hope to goodness it's NOT based off of the image size when I viewed my image in a new tab.
    The size was completely different than what my photoshop, computer file, and microsoft office image viewer said. I made sure to check and recheck then check the image size some more before uploading. That submission took me days to do, and to be disqualified because your flash player changes the sizes of the original image would be....devastating.

I really hope this is going off the original sizes submitted.... b:beg
  • naszz
    naszz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
  • Carniitine - Sanctuary
    Carniitine - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I hope to goodness it's NOT based off of the image size when I viewed my image in a new tab.
    The size was completely different than what my photoshop, computer file, and microsoft office image viewer said. I made sure to check and recheck then check the image size some more before uploading. That submission took me days to do, and to be disqualified because your flash player changes the sizes of the original image would be....devastating.

I really hope this is going off the original sizes submitted.... b:beg

It seems like they are all much too small, and I doubt absolutely everyone made that mistake. If the uploader changed all the sizes, all the judges would have to do is pick the one they thought the best and ask the artist to email them the original. Shouldn't be a big deal. b:victory
  • Midi - Momaganon
    Midi - Momaganon Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It seems like they are all much too small, and I doubt absolutely everyone made that mistake. If the uploader changed all the sizes, all the judges would have to do is pick the one they thought the best and ask the artist to email them the original. Shouldn't be a big deal. b:victory

i tried to open my uploadet pic in new tab, it is still the original and correct size, you guys should use another programm maybe b:chuckle
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Yes true, but this was said, and it got me wondering...
    It saddens me how many entries were not 1280x1024 as stated in the rules :\

There were still a lot of great qualifying entries, but some of my personal favorites did not make the cut due to their dimensions.
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    i tried to open my uploadet pic in new tab, it is still the original and correct size, you guys should use another programm maybe b:chuckle

It has nothing to do with any program. I see now other people have the same problem too.
    It has to do with the fact WE uploaded the right size, and THEY uploaded the wrong one on the site?
    But yeah hope they won't judge by what they uploaded but what we ACTUALLY sent them. Cause seems just SOME people have this problem, and others don't...
  • Bluluv - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012

I checked my image in several programs and I even uploaded it to my DA page and it even has the correct dimensions for the download.
    So I don't see how the size could have been changed other than from when it was being placed onto the contest page AFTER it was submitted.

Look at the original files sent....*sigh* b:worried

After working so long on it and checking the size multiple times...it would be heartbreaking... b:sad

Edit: If our image is, for some reason, incorrect on the site, will we be able to prove it was the correct dimensions at the time of the contest end date?
  • frankieraye
    edited January 2012
    Hey guys, after looking into it further, it turns out that our system auto re-sizes images that are uploaded to the fan content tool if they exceed a certain filesize (800k).

We're working now to change the way the tool works.

As for the contest, the winners were actually going to be announced today, but we'll have to postpone the results by one week so that we can go through the judging process again.

There is no need to re-submit your entries; what we'll do is allow any of the current entries that at least have the same proportions as 1280x1024. So for example, if your entry's dimensions were 1058x846, it will be accepted because it's proportionally the same as 1280x1024.

So I'm sorry about the delay in announcing the winners, but at least they will have been chosen from the correct pool of entries.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    b:sad what does a fish say when it hits a wall?

DAM

b:sad dam , another one week b:sad
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Thank you for looking into it and fixing the problem :3
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for the update Frankie b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bluluv - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Thank you so much for the information and update frankie!

It's small but means a lot when you look into things like this, so
    thank you so very much b:thanks b:heart

Looking forward to next week hehe b:chuckle
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    So we gonna have christmas themed loading screens in in february? b:question
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012

Yep b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bluluv - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012

lol winter themed loading screens not Christmas....I hope b:chuckle
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Yep b:chuckle

Yeah, I hope they take into account that some were a specific holiday theme, and go for the more vague winter ones... Otherwise, by the time they get the winner figured out, they'll have to wait 3/4 of a year to put it in.b:surrender
  • TiikeriLilja - Heavens Tear
    TiikeriLilja - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yeah. I tought it was funny that so many made a christmas themed picture when the contest's theme was winter and the deadline was after christmas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enjoy the Silence
  • Xena - Dreamweaver
    Xena - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    May as well do a new contest for a Spring Loading screen seeing as how it's almost February already b:laughb:chuckle
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Might better make it one for summer if they want to have a chance to add it during the actual season.
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Might better make it one for summer if they want to have a chance to add it during the actual season.

I agree
    Tomorrow were going to see who won right?
    cant wait b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    cant wait !!!, but if they postpone it again.... i will give all GMs 900 arrows in the knee b:angry b:angry b:angry
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    cant wait !!!, but if they postpone it again.... i will give all GMs 900 arrows in the knee b:angry b:angry b:angry

I support this b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]