Packs

124»

Comments

• WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The fact is, I see about 1/5th of the shops in west I used to. I don't even see 1/10th of the world chats for squads I used too. More gold just means this game has more cashers which is explained by the deeper and deeper sales. That's hardly any indicator of quantity of unique players. I've been around dreamweaver to long, and no there's not even close to the amount of people there used to be. The new servers don't mean anything. I'd be putting bets on this as a fact.

The marketing team killed this game with rank sale. The End.
    I guess your server is indeed dead then, if what you're saying is true. Perhaps only certain servers are thriving?

I can vouch that Sanctuary Gold-Sellers, Gold-Buyers (ie. Merchants), and Free-Players (ie. Customers) are all more plentiful than they were 2 years ago. My memory is a lot fuzzier when it comes to Lost City. My interaction on the server has always been pretty minimal, and it always seemed kinda empty with a much smaller economy than Sanctuary, so I can't really say if it's more/less/the same as it was a couple of years ago.

I'd be curious to see if the original 3 (well, the original 2+1 is more accurate) are faring better than the many expansion servers. I guess I've always thought of the servers in PWI as sort of like an abbreviated version of the original theme song for Gilligan's Island:

"With Lost City! (cut scene of a massive PK fest)
    Heaven's Tear too... (cut scene of a massive care-bear fest)
    ...Sanctuary... (cut scene of a massive merchanting fest)

-- AND THE REST -- (mosaic of a bunch of cut scenes from a bunch of other servers)

Here on P.W.I.!
    "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • PurBlanca - Raging Tide
    PurBlanca - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    That would mean..
    To get this dark blue pegasus (forgot name) untamed fly i have to:
    1. Buy XXXX packs (all packs ive open so far gave me tokens)
    2. Get XX wardrobe and inventory stones for tokens, till those two are max expanded, rest of tokens manufacture into teles, herbs, meats, stones... and fill all my 3 (main veno, retired nab cleric and shopslave) chars with it, do a pickup contest with rest for which i have no more space.
    3. Patiently put all mounts/other class flyers/other **** what arcane veno doesnt need into banker, hoping one day ill make alts on this account and ill be able to use this.
    4. Leave pw for a month, because of depression and saving money for another XXXX packs
    5. So on... till i gave up and leave wth my Israfael b:surrender
    6. QQ that i simply lost money?
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ^This.

At this point, in the short term, making packs and any items that come out of them untradeable would crash the economy and drive off many non-cash shop players. Long term effects would be difficult to project. While I agree gold prices would drop to pre-pack prices, the turbulence and uncertainty could very well be the final killing stroke for the game. Packs are just as tied to the economy as they are to the way people play the game and any major changes to this will have an affect on pretty much every single aspect of the game.

Actually I believe it would drive off more cash shop players then non. Due to the fact that the non cash shoppers are already farming all the items you can buy with tokens. Just not the mp/hp pots of course. Lets face it the cash shoppers are the ones that don't like to grind to get their shiny rewards. On top of that you have no incentive for them to continue buying once they have the items they need with out being able to make money off selling the tokens, gear, mounts etc from packs.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Actually I believe it would drive off more cash shop players then non. Due to the fact that the non cash shoppers are already farming all the items you can buy with tokens. Just not the mp/hp pots of course. Lets face it the cash shoppers are the ones that don't like to grind to get their shiny rewards. On top of that you have no incentive for them to continue buying once they have the items they need with out being able to make money off selling the tokens, gear, mounts etc from packs.

Tokens benefit those that don't cash shop the most. Without potential rewards of the high end shards and some of the gear all being bound to the individual, or just gone, pack sales would severely decrease. Then cheap dice tickets and do all cards as well as lesser shards would also go to pre-pack prices. You won't see 140m jades, but you'll see 700k flawless. And if cheap hp/mp pots disappear, who suffers? The free players who don't like to wear charms won't have much of a choice.

And most cash shoppers don't grind, but they do like to farm. Imagine all the new non-cash players who could never get gear to compare to people who geared up before a change like this?

It won't work. It would most likely kill the game. While it's true that the cash shoppers pay the bills, it's the free players who populate the game. Without one or the other, this game dies.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    removeal of packs would be simple if they sold the token items in a npc shop it would fix gold prices the only people on this server who need packs are the few who early on invested in them to make coin this game would be alot better without packs and there removel wouldnt kill anything so long as a alternitve means to get the lil items tokens makes apears i say put that there blackmarket vendor fella to work ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • TheUnderLord - Lost City
    TheUnderLord - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    removeal of packs would be simple if they sold the token items in a npc shop it would fix gold prices the only people on this server who need packs are the few who early on invested in them to make coin this game would be alot better without packs and there removel wouldnt kill anything so long as a alternitve means to get the lil items tokens makes apears i say put that there blackmarket vendor fella to work ijs

PWI will never remove one of their primary means of making business and staying in business. End of story.
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

L.C. Merchantile Asset Management est.2010
    (pwinsider.wordpress.com)
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ok well maybe packs wont go by by but they could always at least release the pots like hp and mp ones i mean this pack sale after pack sale after pack sale **** is lame they need to do something else anyhow only people really dumb enough to continue to buy packs are the people with billions of coin anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig