[Contest] Winter Loading Screen - Winners Announced

Comments

• Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hello, i am having problems getting my pic to PWI forum. I get pic up to photobucket but not able to get it to forum as i do not know how. I need a step by step guide as how to do it. I got Forsakenx #1Screen shot and Sigs Quick Guide and Cocobelle's guide to PW screen shots. They help but not tell me step by step how to put pic into forum. Is there any other guides about this subject? Anyway, tks in advance for whatever info you may have.
    TY Dio_Ren

thats not possible, pic wont appear on forum.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hello, i am having problems getting my pic to PWI forum. I get pic up to photobucket but not able to get it to forum as i do not know how. I need a step by step guide as how to do it. I got Forsakenx #1Screen shot and Sigs Quick Guide and Cocobelle's guide to PW screen shots. They help but not tell me step by step how to put pic into forum. Is there any other guides about this subject? Anyway, tks in advance for whatever info you may have.
    TY Dio_Ren

Pictures only appear in the screenshots section and the fantatics section of the forum. You cannot use a custom avatar. To insert pictures into the screenshots/fanatics section put it inside the paste the img code directly from photobucket, which I prefer. If you want a signature underneath all your posts, follow this link:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/usercp.php or hit user cp underneath your avatar. Then hit edit signature and insert the link from photobucket or some other image hosting website. Signatures have a max size of 500x100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ImpishKat - Heavens Tear
    ImpishKat - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Anyone know when there gona choose the winner(s)??? or how long it normally takes them to figure out winner on contests? :P

tyb:victory
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Anyone know when there gona choose the winner(s)??? or how long it normally takes them to figure out winner on contests? :P

tyb:victory

A long time.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    no idea, its chinese new year now, if the judging takes too long we will have christmas loading screen in chinese new year time b:chuckle

Hahaha trueb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hahaha trueb:laugh

Kremia!!! I remember you from Acid Rain. lol. Your my friend on core connect?? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Kremia!!! I remember you from Acid Rain. lol. Your my friend on core connect?? xD

Hai Fox!! b:victory
    Yep, hope to see you in game, and hope to see my loading screen there too b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dio_Ren - Heavens Tear
    Dio_Ren - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Pictures only appear in the screenshots section and the fantatics section of the forum. You cannot use a custom avatar. To insert pictures into the screenshots/fanatics section put it inside the paste the img code directly from photobucket, which I prefer. If you want a signature underneath all your posts, follow this link:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/usercp.php or hit user cp underneath your avatar. Then hit edit signature and insert the link from photobucket or some other image hosting website. Signatures have a max size of 500x100.

thanks for info. I got another ? about pic. I want to place a pic into the srceenshot area,as in go to opening screen and hit forum key than hit comuitite key and than hit fan art key and then sign in. Now how to enter pic into constest area or fan art area or whatever. when i sign in i go to find file and hit brower key but it never shows photobucket files, so how to get photobucket files or copys there? I am dum dum , so thank you in advance for help. Best regards Dio_Ren
    edited January 2012
    thanks for info. I got another ? about pic. I want to place a pic into the srceenshot area,as in go to opening screen and hit forum key than hit comuitite key and than hit fan art key and then sign in. Now how to enter pic into constest area or fan art area or whatever. when i sign in i go to find file and hit brower key but it never shows photobucket files, so how to get photobucket files or copys there? I am dum dum , so thank you in advance for help. Best regards Dio_Ren

It has to be a file on your computer, not a photobucket link. If you want to use a picture from your photobucket, right click the picture and click save as. Put it on your desktop or any other easy to find place, and then hit okay to save it to your computer. From there you can upload it to the fanart part of the site. Go to that site and hit upload. Once you hit upload button, click browse and find the file on your computer and hit okay. Make sure to use the dropdown menu to select the proper categories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    b:sleep b:sleep b:sleep i cant wait to see who the winner is.... whay yu take so rong to judge?
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    b:sleep b:sleep b:sleep i cant wait to see who the winner is.... whay yu take so rong to judge?

Cause theyre kinda lazy :S
    We will get the next expansion before the winner is announced, and will take a looong time before we get it
    ijs xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Cause theyre kinda lazy :S
    We will get the next expansion before the winner is announced, and will take a looong time before we get it
    ijs xD

not sure if this is true or you r just joking lol b:sad, if its true, i will... harm people b:angry b:angry
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    not sure if this is true or you r just joking lol b:sad, if its true, i will... harm people b:angry b:angry

Is... kinda joking :S
    I have no idea, but knowing how our dear gms are, the winner will be announced in a long time.
    Just take a drink and wait b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cadaveria - Sanctuary
    Cadaveria - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Can someone actually answer... when will the winners be announced? Please and ty b:cute
  • Reilin - Lost City
    Reilin - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    probably this tuesday, if it aint come out this tuesday, then its next tuesday b:sad b:sad b:sad
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Just so you all know, the judging process is being done as we speak..
  • ImpishKat - Heavens Tear
    ImpishKat - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012

YaY ty Frankie!
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012

:D
    Cant wait!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Kremia's gonna winb:pleased
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Kremia's gonna winb:pleased

Hope is true that the clerics can see the future b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    based on my experienced entering many contests, i can assure you all the winner will be elldeg or hazellyn. why? because judges are usually just normal people, they like highly detailed, neat and colorful paintings b:faintb:faintb:faint
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It saddens me how many entries were not 1280x1024 as stated in the rules :\

There were still a lot of great qualifying entries, but some of my personal favorites did not make the cut due to their dimensions.
  • Bluluv - Dreamweaver
    Bluluv - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Thank you for the update frankie b:cute
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    sometimes it is the program's fault, like ACDsee, if you make a 1280x1024 pic, it becomes 1280x1024. BUT if you bring that same picture to Microsoft Paint, it becomes 1279x1023 instead. so we dont know which program to trust. if you add one more pixel for that 1279x1023 to make it 1280x1024, you are taking risk. but if trust ACDsee and not change a thing, you are also taking risk. b:sad
    edited January 2012
    It saddens me how many entries were not 1280x1024 as stated in the rules :\

There were still a lot of great qualifying entries, but some of my personal favorites did not make the cut due to their dimensions.

Is there a particular reason you accepted entries that clearly didn't meet the rules? Like...that admittedly super awesome rank 9 sin that had nothing to do with winter, or entries that weren't the proper size?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Kremia - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Mine says 1280x1024, i checked with paint, Adobe Ilustrator and even with the Windows image viewer e_e
    Im going to jump from a brigde if the size is not the correct b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Nvm, posted on wrong thread lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Mine says 1280x1024, i checked with paint, Adobe Ilustrator and even with the Windows image viewer e_e
    Im going to jump from a brigde if the size is not the correct b:cry

b:laugh i checked mine again using Adobe Image Ready, its 1281x1025, im doomed b:laugh

b:sad oh lord..........
  • Midi - Momaganon
    Midi - Momaganon Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    sometimes it is the program's fault, like ACDsee, if you make a 1280x1024 pic, it becomes 1280x1024. BUT if you bring that same picture to Microsoft Paint, it becomes 1279x1023 instead. so we dont know which program to trust. if you add one more pixel for that 1279x1023 to make it 1280x1024, you are taking risk. but if trust ACDsee and not change a thing, you are also taking risk. b:sad

i dont know how u make it changing the size, i never had this problem with any pic in any programm. i used PS CS3 (to draw) and irfanview (to check).

when u make a pic, u set the size at the start- draw on it, buffering, keep drawing, final save
    theres nothing what could change it, either if u put it into another imageviewer, its stil the same, except u change there the fileformat or something.

if u really wanna see what size ur pic has, go to the folder where u saved it
    c:/my documents/pictures/pwi_pic.jpg (<-- something like that or whatever)
    and hold the mouse over it, at the popup, u will see the actually format, imagesize etc ...

hope it helps a bit.b:bye
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    i dont know how u make it changing the size, i never had this problem with any pic in any programm. i used PS CS3 (to draw) and irfanview (to check).

when u make a pic, u set the size at the start- draw on it, buffering, keep drawing, final save
    theres nothing what could change it, either if u put it into another imageviewer, its stil the same, except u change there the fileformat or something.

if u really wanna see what size ur pic has, go to the folder where u saved it
    c:/my documents/pictures/pwi_pic.jpg (<-- something like that or whatever)
    and hold the mouse over it, at the popup, u will see the actually format, imagesize etc ...

hope it helps a bit.b:bye
    b:victory thnx tho but i do know how to manage image sizes, the problem is this program 'ACDSee' that i normally used, it does not give you the real size, there is always 1 or 2 pixels difference. it resized my image to 1280x1024 but in reality it resized to 1079x1023 instead. and i only realize this after i submitted my image. b:cry