You all miss this?

Options

Comments

• Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They might change it for the better in the future but PWI is unrecoverable. An entirely new game would be in order or a PW3 of some sorts.

They could always start new servers (not like what pwe is doing though of course), or finally bring over p2p pw.
    At least the latter would be worth paying for (housing, balanced tb, no cs, etc).

A new game wouldn't fix anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Someone says "We're going to investigate this company" and everyone already went "Game over" mode. Sigh.
    S0me 0f us appreciate n0t having t0 g0 anywhere else t0 read inf0. Attenti0n f0lks there has been a mistake, 'Useless P0st Award" g0es t0 Allisandre f0r yet an0ther p0intless p0st, s0rry f0r the mix upb:bye.

Some of us appreciate the o key.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    *Looks at Chi Yufeng, points & laughs* don't drop the soap homie! b:laugh
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • LishaLove - Archosaur
    LishaLove - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wonder if the cash shoppers would ever cash shop on a game again if this game goes under.

I wouldent :) I've spent like 300$ In 2 months on this game lol!b:laugh
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I'm gonna assume that your Avatar is not your main character. b:shocked
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

You seem very proud of that fact.

What a pathetic life, you must lead....if you are proud that you dropped $300 on a F2P game in 2 months.

Some people just miss the mark on a fulfilled life and all it has to offer. Something tells me you are one of those individuals.

Now THAT is something to lol!b:laugh about
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You guys are reading far too much into the stock prices.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    so 150$ per month for hobby, dosent seem so much
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    so 150$ per month for hobby, dosent seem so much

Yeah, but many people spend a lot more. And in the end, you'll really have nothing to show for it.

Don't spend money on this game that you cannot afford to just throw away.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

What a pathetic life, you must lead....if you are proud that you dropped $300 on a F2P game in 2 months.

Some people just miss the mark on a fulfilled life and all it has to offer. Something tells me you are one of those individuals.

And why would you bash another person's lifestyle? Sounds like you "missed the mark" too. Seriously though, different people enjoy different things. I like to go skydiving. Not everyone would agree that paying money to jump out of an airplane seems like a good idea.

Don't be rude towards how someone chooses to live their life just because YOU don't agree with it.

EDIT: I like how this just got moved to off-topic. How is something related to PW off-topic exactly?
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    wow they only moved this topic and didnt close itb:shutup
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think it's because they know things in Off-Topic will die quickly. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think it's because they know things in Off-Topic will die quickly. >_>

That's not true. <_<

But sometimes I have the feeling OT are being abused as trash bin for pointless stuff.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    OT is the upper part of the forum trash bin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1269441

Yah, you've missed the party all day talking bout this topic. One of the Mods or GM just moved it not to recently to Off-Topic. Was here in General for most of the day.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    _Althea_ - Harshlands Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Slow clap for PWI c:
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    usually when stuff like that happens in asia... their just told to resign and stuff and other pple take over >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    usually when stuff like that happens in asia... their just told to resign and stuff and other pple take over >.>

I would happily take it over
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • LishaLove - Archosaur
    LishaLove - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Actually, I live a great life thank you, I've finished school, and college and I work in a career I absolutely love.. Not to mention I make enough money to do as I please. You sir are a sad individual who jumps on every possible moment to make another feel worse than they should. Not even needing to prove you wrong on this. My life is apparently alot better than yours. I believed helping a company out that has given me 2 years of enjoyment while I've had time off deserves it.
    I'm gonna assume that your Avatar is not your main character. b:shocked

It is, it's just...not updating for some reason.b:pleased
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah, but many people spend a lot more. And in the end, you'll really have nothing to show for it.

Don't spend money on this game that you cannot afford to just throw away.

I know people who spend more than $150 at the bar on weekends.

People who spend the money in game will have *something* to show for it far longer than the bar hoppers will, i.e. they can play their characters until they decide to quit, as opposed to peeing out or throwing up the purchase a few hours later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I vote no.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i vote no too looking from the maturity your showing on the forums, even going as far as to necro something just for troll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You all have nothing better to do than kick them when they're down, while still using their products/services?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • applefish
    applefish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I wont blab about it on this thread. Just go to the link, theres three articals there that all relate to it. (the top three) Trust me, your going to want to read it.

http://www.smartmoney.com/quote/PWRD/?story=news
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    People don't seem to get the picture that the Perfect World mentioned in those articles is the Perfect World company in China. Yes, Perfect World Entertainment (PWE) bears the title, but that's merely because it was the first game they fully translated and released here in the US. They are nothing more than publishers, and if the Chinese company goes away, they'll move on to other developers for games.

This has already started with Rusty Hearts and Blacklight, and the soon-to-come RaiderZ. Don't expect anything that happens to the Chinese company to adversely affect PWE.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    applefish wrote: »
    I wont blab about it on this thread. Just go to the link, theres three articals there that all relate to it. (the top three) Trust me, your going to want to read it.

http://www.smartmoney.com/quote/PWRD/?story=news

I'll paraphase it for everyone.

Someone alleged something about the Perfect World and the way they run their business. There shares dropped. Some legal company is considering taking legal action and is inviting anyone who bought shares to sign up with them. Perfect World denies any wrong doing and has reported defamation to the police.

Sorry I wasted my time reading it.
  • Quantus - Harshlands
    Quantus - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lol. I'm just wondering........

If something does happen to this game as of being "shutdown", will any of you decide to play another MMO?

-Ignore the other post I made (if its still there)
    Don't pay attention to the joining date please. I've been playing this game before the Rising Tide Expansion came out. I don't have a high leveled character because school and life gets in the way.
    b:thanks
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    People don't seem to get the picture that the Perfect World mentioned in those articles is the Perfect World company in China. Yes, Perfect World Entertainment (PWE) bears the title, but that's merely because it was the first game they fully translated and released here in the US. They are nothing more than publishers, and if the Chinese company goes away, they'll move on to other developers for games.

This has already started with Rusty Hearts and Blacklight, and the soon-to-come RaiderZ. Don't expect anything that happens to the Chinese company to adversely affect PWE.

I don't see it being the nail in the coffin for PWE, but PWRD owns the development rights to PWI. PWI could definitely be affected, even if PWE decides to drop PWRD games and focus on other developments such as RaiderZ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I don't see it being the nail in the coffin for PWE, but PWRD owns the development rights to PWI. PWI could definitely be affected, even if PWE decides to drop PWRD games and focus on other developments such as RaiderZ.

^this.

A majority of us are here for PWI and not what PWE has been trying to offer such as Rusty hearts, etc. Thats why this is a big issues because we are worried about PWI. What PWRD is going through ultimly affects the future of PWI. Unless PWE has the intention on buying PWI from PWRD... which would be awesome because I would love to see them Fix PWI.
This discussion has been closed.