124»

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    *Update*

http://www.smartmoney.com/quote/PWRD/?story=charting

Stock raised from 8,81 to 10,53. Maybe it was a false alarm after all.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    *Update*

Possible, and while I do hope it is this way, I still won't be surprised if it's not a false alarm
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    *Update*

Thats the power of a Press Statement.

For any of those savvy Stock buyers congrats on Buying low and making $1.72 profit.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What PWRD is going through ultimly affects the future of PWI. Unless PWE has the intention on buying PWI from PWRD... which would be awesome because I would love to see them Fix PWI.

I would love this. Too bad it isn't ever likely to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyogos - Raging Tide
    Lyogos - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I hope they do shut down. Why? One thing that makes me wonder how they stay operational is the gambling. I know a lot of you will say there is no gambling in pwi..blah blah blah. Youre wrong though. You buy packs which give you a chance to win things. Its no different then if I went to the store and bought a scratcher and had a chance at winning something. They promote it so heavily, and even worse there is no age restriction. Any kid can save up his allowance and go to gamestop or walmart..other places I am sure and they can purchase a prepaid card. Then they buy packs. How is gambling for minors legal?
    Now before I get blasted by some of you diehard pwe people, let me say this. I dont care about your opinion. I left the game a long time ago. I enjoy my b2p games. People that can honestly say they love all that pwe and pwi is, to me have no common sense or they have nothing better to do with their money then waste it on a game. If thats you, good for you but it does nothing to help your standing in the real world.
    Pwi cares nothing about the product they put out and it shows. If they wanted their company to succeed long term they would take care of their number one investors, the players. Instead they are all out to make a quick buck and jokes on everyone that buys into it.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I hope they do shut down. Why? One thing that makes me wonder how they stay operational is the gambling. I know a lot of you will say there is no gambling in pwi..blah blah blah. Youre wrong though. You buy packs which give you a chance to win things. Its no different then if I went to the store and bought a scratcher and had a chance at winning something. They promote it so heavily, and even worse there is no age restriction. Any kid can save up his allowance and go to gamestop or walmart..other places I am sure and they can purchase a prepaid card. Then they buy packs. How is gambling for minors legal?

What they do here is legal because it isn't technically gambling. There is no risk of loss, since you get something no matter what. Granted, it is more than likely tokens, but you never get an empty pack. Thus, you are essentially paying for a virtual good (tokens), with the chance of those tokens being converted into something really nice.

What I'd like to know is what you think about the different "gambling" games on Facebook...
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    After the press statement, I haven't seen anything more on this but haven't been digging toooo terribly deep either. Anyone have any updates on how this is progressing?
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    well from what I heard they sorta recently bought the company that made Neverwinter Nights and they are making another game simply called Neverwinter. I wonder if maybe they didn't buy the company and just stole the name like they steal all their fashion ideas xD But anyway, being in some kind of trouble for fraud somehow doesn't surprise me, all joking aside. I would look into this more than what I've simply been told or what I've read on this thread but I have other things to do.... *scurries off to play ~removed~ then clean house like a mad woman*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Awesome, thank you for that.

"Chi Yufeng was deliberately concealing foreign stock exchange, tax evasion and large personal income tax nearly 100 million yuan or over $15.7 million based on current forex rates. Making matters more interesting is the Web site's assertion Yufeng used the help of Chinese organized crime and illegal underground banks for nefarious currency conversions."

WOW....

Ok so this does not necessarily mean the end of PWRD it just mean this Chi Yufeng might be spending a bit of his life in Jail. Altho it states the Board of Directors was controlled by Yufeng, if he is thrown in Jail they will just hire another CEO to replace him. PWRD's name is def going to be drug through the mud tho. Man.. this is Awesome stuff.

I heard a story recently of some super rich Chinese CEO who was sentenced to death after the court found he was guilty of fraud. Doesn't look good for Chi Yufeng. :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    "The allegations followed several extortion activities attempting to extort money from the Company and Mr. Chi, and malicious and false allegations reported to certain local government authorities in China . The Company believes these allegations are inaccurate, defamatory and malicious, and have seriously affected the reputation and image of Perfect World, and is taking legal actions against those involved. The independent audit committee of the Company's Board of Directors has been working to thoroughly review these allegations and will engage an independent legal counsel to assist with its review."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Perfect-World-Responds-Recent-prnews-1762307586.html?x=0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited January 2012
    Options
    For the last time, the only thing that this may adversely affect would be the games developed by BPW. It in no way affects PWE as a company, since they merely publish the games that they have licensed.

Also, PWE bought Cryptic Studios, and is currently in the process of integrating Cryptic's games into the PWE line-up. Neverwinter Online is a revamped version of the previously planned co-op multiplayer game that was being worked on by Cryptic. Instead, it will now be a full-fledged MMO structured after the 4th edition rules of D&D.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If anyone is reading this in off topic (definitely NOT where this thread should be) . Is there an update to this ??
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • krittycat
    edited April 2012
    Options
    oxytorch wrote: »
    If anyone is reading this in off topic (definitely NOT where this thread should be) . Is there an update to this ??

You know, I do have an update for the thread...

Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.