You all miss this?

Options

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And we got the first drama lamas on Sanc talking as if PWI will shut down tomorrow...
    b:chuckle

Too early to tell anything. Too early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DarkMystica - Sanctuary
    DarkMystica - Sanctuary Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And we got the first drama lamas on Sanc talking as if PWI will shut down tomorrow...
    b:chuckle

Too early to tell anything. Too early.

Ikr.. Lmao .. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ty Silvy ^^

If time's a song, I won't wait for its reprise,
    I am done wishing farewells and goodbyes...
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    In all honest this could be a good thing. If this guy is removed as CEO of the company and PWRD replaces him we might have someone who actually cares about the company and changes it for the better.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    In all honest this could be a good thing. If this guy is removed as CEO of the company and PWRD replaces him we might have someone who actually cares about the company and changes it for the better.

Thats something that actually doesnt sound so bad as closing the whole company b:cry
  • Mi$ta - Heavens Tear
    Mi$ta - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

LOLOLOLOL
    b:laugh
  • RainLovsFire - Sanctuary
    RainLovsFire - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    PWRD needs to do some Damage Control ASAP, Chi Yufeng needs to release a Press statement addressing this matter as this is blowing up on gaming sites and if left unattended will get WAY out of hand. If there is a GM reading this, I would suggest bringing it to your higher ups attention and having them making some kind of statement to the Forum Community as A lot of us are Actual Investors and Want to know something.

And I COMPLETELY agree with this! I have no intentions of abandoning ship, personally.... I know that there are still ppl like myself who haven't completely given up here. But silence from upper mngmt is probably all we can't expect for now b:surrender Hopefully it's only the person who screwed up that gets in trouble...
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This.

That's how things tend to go in the business world, after all... the CEO (or some other top official) screws things over, he gets called on it, he gets removed (perhaps with a big fat check in his pocket to ensure his compliance), and hopefully the next clown who walks into the office is slightly more competent.

But, y'know, at this point there isn't much left to lose, so why stick with the devil we know? >_>

I love how the article is really taking shots at Yufeng above all else. If you ask me, I think we should start using his name around here more. Put a name to all this faceless **** we've dealt with over the years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And ooon we go. Someone claiming PWI will shut down. And the usualy wc attention kings jumping on it. lol

But ofc it's such a smartass that claims to have quit anyway and doesn't care. Pathetic way to get attention, eh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you read into the articles, it's just another CEO playing shell games and profit illegally. The only target is him, not the company as a whole. Everything he touched business-ly (that needs to be a word) will be investigated.

Meh, won't do anything to the game besides possibly create more sales to drive up profit revenue.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you read into the articles, it's just another CEO playing shell games and profit illegally. The only target is him, not the company as a whole. Everything he touched business-ly (that needs to be a word) will be investigated.

Meh, won't do anything to the game besides possibly create more sales to drive up profit revenue.

If you google search thu the news tab some interesting things pop up...

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/01/10/a-perfect-world-in-name-only/
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Options
    http://www.smartmoney.com/news/pr/?story=PR-20120110-002045

Aaaaand we have escalation, ladies and gentlemen. >_> Or at least, Wanmei trying to call the whole thing "malicious attacks." Which is escalation in my book.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    Options
    PWI is their flagship, they've got 9 other games to shut down before we have to worry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

They might change it for the better in the future but PWI is unrecoverable. An entirely new game would be in order or a PW3 of some sorts.
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

^This.
    And ooon we go. Someone claiming PWI will shut down. And the usualy wc attention kings jumping on it. lol

But ofc it's such a smartass that claims to have quit anyway and doesn't care. Pathetic way to get attention, eh.

Of course. They can't miss the chance to become a 5 minutes long superstar in the minds of the teenagers playing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajaa - Heavens Tear
    Ajaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    edited January 2012
    Options

beat me to it b:shutup
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cash shoppers dont cash shop cause of the game. They cash shop for their pleasure and entertainment. Those standards can be very low considering there are people who cash shop for face book apps.

HAHAHA yeah this.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • kruze999
    kruze999 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    PWI is their flagship, they've got 9 other games to shut down before we have to worry.

PWCN is there flagship, PWI is just a version of it. And i think that PWI lives off of PWI CSers,
    so while PWI can live on its own profits it wont get shut down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wonder where all those whiners are going to go if the game goes under.

You have to realize that it's not just this game, it's all of them that PWE puts out.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options

Thank you for providing that.
    Perfect World Responds to Recent Anonymous Accusations

Beijing China (January 10, 2012) - Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD) (“Perfect World” or the “Company”), a leading online game developer and operator based in China, today provided response to recent anonymous allegations posted on certain Chinese language websites. The allegations followed several extortion activities attempting to extort money from the Company and Mr. Chi, and malicious and false allegations reported to certain local government authorities in China. The Company believes these allegations are inaccurate, defamatory and malicious, and have seriously affected the reputation and image of Perfect World, and is taking legal actions against those involved. The independent audit committee of the Company’s Board of Directors has been working to thoroughly review these allegations and will engage an independent legal counsel to assist with its review.

Perfect World is making the following statements firmly and forcefully:

1. As a publicly traded company, Perfect World is deeply committed to acting in the best interest of the Company and its shareholders, and maximizing shareholder value over time.

2. As a reporting company in the U.S., Perfect World has been disclosing material information in a timely and materially accurate manner in accordance with applicable U.S. securities regulations and stock exchange rules since its initial public offering in July of 2007.

3. Perfect World has conducted its business operations and investment activities in compliance with applicable laws and company policies.

4. Perfect World has effective internal control over financial reporting. The Board of Directors and management team adhere to applicable laws and regulations during the review and approval process for every material transaction.

5. The divesture of the film business has been approved by the Board of Directors and a Special Committee consisting of all independent directors of the Board. The Committee prudently considered a variety of factors, including a valuation report and a fairness opinion letter provided by a reputable international third-party appraisal firm. After due deliberation, the Special Committee believed that the transaction was in the best interest of the Company and its shareholders. Perfect World has disclosed in a press release dated August 3, 2011 that the Company entered into a definitive agreement to sell Perfect World (Beijing) Pictures Co., Ltd., the entity that operates Perfect World's film business, to Beijing Ever Joy Pictures Co., Ltd., which is majority-owned by Mr. Michael Yufeng Chi. The Company decided to execute the transaction in order to sharpen its focus on its core online game development and operations business and maximize shareholder value over time.

6. Perfect World’s investment in Zhizhu is a regular investment activity that has been appraised by an independent third party appraisal firm and has gone through necessary approval procedures in accordance with the Company’s policy. Perfect World has disclosed in its annual report in Form 20-F covering fiscal year 2010 that the Company holds 20% equity interests in Zhizhu. The transactions between Perfect World and Zhizhu have been conducted at fair market prices, following the Company’s standard approval procedures. As disclosed in the related party transaction section of the Company’s annual report on Form 20-F covering 2010, Zhizhu provided marketing services amounted to RMB170,000 to the Company in 2010, comparing with the Company’s total sales and marketing expenses of RMB482 million in the same year. None of the directors, senior executives or major shareholders holds any equity interest in Zhizhu.

7. In response to the aforementioned malicious and false charges against the Company and its CEO in the past, Perfect World and Mr. Chi were subject to inquiries by the local public security and tax bureaus in Beijing in recent months and no misconducts as alleged were found.

8. Mr. Michael Chi informed the Company that he had paid his personal taxes in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.

9. In addition, Mr. Michael Chi, together with the Company and the Company’s employees, have made donations of nearly RMB100 million to public charities.

For the anonymous online allegations and recent malicious attacks including the extortion and false charges, Perfect World has filed a case with local police on January 9th. The Company will vigorously defend itself and take all necessary legal actions to protect the interests of the Company and its shareholders. Perfect World reserves legal rights against all deliberately false accusation and/or malicious attack.

Perfect World is dedicated to continuing open and transparent communications with investors, securities analysts and the public. The Company welcomes opportunities for direct dialog with all parties that are genuinely interested in gaining a better understanding of the Company's business model, operations, or the Chinese online game industry.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And today's "Wall of Redundancy Award" goes to Sagek - Sanctuary!!!

Congratulations for making yet another pointless post.

On a side note, while this will have a negative impact on the company as a whole, I really doubt it will shut down the game.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options

On a side note, while this will have a negative impact on the company as a whole, I really doubt it will shut down the game.

It might be pointless to you but some appreciate not having to go to other sites and being able to read the info on here..
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wanmei wrote:
    Perfect World is dedicated to continuing open and transparent communications with investors, securities analysts and the public. The Company welcomes opportunities for direct dialog with all parties that are genuinely interested in gaining a better understanding of the Company's business model, operations, or the Chinese online game industry.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA- *cough*

Oh god, I think we should totally call their bluff. "Open and transparent communications," huh? What do you think, frankie - what's the best way we should take your employers up on this?

...or would that just make his job obsolete? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I love how the article is really taking shots at Yufeng above all else. If you ask me, I think we should start using his name around here more. Put a name to all this faceless **** we've dealt with over the years.

That's not a good idea.

It's sort of like blaming Bill Gates for each and every single bug in every Microsoft product, when he was CEO.

I'm not talking about the articles people are linking, but the text that you explicitly highlighted. Throwing blame around at a convenient target with no explicit proof is wrong. Somehow, it does not strike me as intelligent to suggest that rubberbanding exists b/c of the CEO.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

S0me 0f us appreciate n0t having t0 g0 anywhere else t0 read inf0. Attenti0n f0lks there has been a mistake, 'Useless P0st Award" g0es t0 Allisandre f0r yet an0ther p0intless p0st, s0rry f0r the mix upb:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • stargatez
    stargatez Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Perfect World (Nasdaq: PWRD ) came under heavy scrutiny yesterday stemming from allegations that its CEO purchased a 20% stake in 178.com without first disclosing it to the Securities and Exchange Commission. If that wasn't bad enough, it's alleged that 178.com purchased ads from Perfect World at above-market rates without disclosing the link between the two companies. There are claims that the U.S. judiciary department has launched an investigation against Perfect World.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That's not a good idea.

It's sort of like blaming Bill Gates for each and every single bug in every Microsoft product, when he was CEO.

I'm not talking about the articles people are linking, but the text that you explicitly highlighted. Throwing blame around at a convenient target with no explicit proof is wrong. Somehow, it does not strike me as intelligent to suggest that rubberbanding exists b/c of the CEO.
    Perhaps I didn't clarify that properly, then.

What I meant by that is, throughout all the games problems, rubberbanding, the packs, their terrible "fixes" etc., we have had no communication with anyone but frankie. Frankie's role was designed that way... it's just the unspoken rule around here. We don't know anyone in the exec department, we don't need to know, we're not supposed to know or even care - we're just supposed to accept that they're a formless mass and then forget about it and buy more packs.

Therefore, having a name to circulate would be a symbolic thing, rather than an attack on that particular individual. Its presence would remind people here that, hey, there are actual people behind this veil. And those people can be nice and friendly and have lives and families and all, but they can also do some pretty terrible things that it would be an enormous waste not to call them on.

Surely no sane person would place the CEO at personal fault for everything wrong with a company. But one could argue that, if the CEO were more invested in fixing problems with his company, we would've seen something done about the devs by now. For the life of me I can't fathom why Wanmei hasn't fired the current dev team and rehired the old guys. IIRC, the popular rumor was that the original devs were too expensive to keep on board. Surely that's not the case anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Good stuff. I hope we keep up on this, I'd like to know what pans out in the end.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »
    Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities law firm, is investigating potential securities fraud at Perfect World Co., Ltd. Stock fell 27% on Monday.

Not to sound like a joke about this subject and OP....b:bye

But, Its too bad that the law firm, isn't investigating the D*mn*dable! Outragous Levels!! of Ingame Item PRICE INFLATION!!! b:angry

And lets not even talk about the current Gold Prices?!b:spit

Now if they were able to do something like that for their investigation, they may actually be able to do something Useful, cause the only "Extortionary Level Events!" that're Happening to This Game! Are right there.......b:surrender
  • Henacy - Lost City
    Henacy - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    LOL! I knew this would happen, I've been carefully watching PW stocks and yesterday when they dropped like 3.00+ I was a little shocked. However, people say the game will shut down but it most likely won't. I work for a State's Attorney and I've been trying to look up some information on corporate jurisdiction upon this act. Chi will probably just get a slap on the hand and a "now don't do that again" wag of the finger. Although, if Chi does get found guilty he will probably be put into jail and either a) someone lower in the company that didn't get found guilty will take control from Chi passing it down or b) some bigger company will come around to take control of it. So we will possibly be stuck with the same company or some new company which could possibly bring around some good for us? Who knows, only time will tell.

IF this game does somehow shut down though, I've already got a great FPS game waiting for me come the Fall. b:pleased

Edit: Wonder why none of the GMs have posted or even tried to stop this thread? :O
This discussion has been closed.