For the last time!

Options

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You sound like a terrible mystic, remind your squad you wont be buffing them because it takes to much mp so they can save their mp and not buff you.

^ This. +1
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ZippysMommy - Dreamweaver
    ZippysMommy - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    a buddy of mine has a lvl 72 or 73 LA mystic and has no problem at all healing and rez buffing and shielding almost any squad he's ever been in... i think the problem here is either op doesn't know how to build his toon correctly or ppl on his server are just massively fail... and as for "letting the morons die" cause u've left squad is only gonna harm u cause sooner or later u won't have anyone to squad with.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That coming from a guy who was in full support of people power leveling ALTS--

You sir are an IDIOT b:chuckle been counter calling you an idiot long before hypers and goons, and so forth- The buff wasn't the whole gist of his complaint- read more and make less assessments on partial comprehensions-

The guy has vadlid complaint for dealing with low level BS. Mystics at that level has no where the power to be main healers in some situations-

Welcome back tho troll, didn't you quit even before EGs came out?

/yawn

What is it you were saying?

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    For using Rez buff just go with what the squad wants ok.
    In some squads they all want buff so give it to them, and in others where we have had cleric with sage revive I have been asked to buff only tank and cleric as the others prefered clerics revive with no exp loss, rather than my mystics lvl 10 rez with 80% reduction in exp loss.
    As to being a cleric never but its great looking after them and the tank for a change though lol
    As to being a veno never but its fun supporting them and their pets too.
    Mystics are a great class and can switch roles which is what makes them so useful in squad or out.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I don't think everyone needs this buff. Just a Cleric and the Mystic themselves in squad really need it. I ask for a Rez buff when I am in Trials just so my Cleric in squad does not have to worry about me during the mayhem.

If a Mystic will not Rez buff then boot them from the group.

When I'm on my mystic, if there is no cleric, I rez buff everyone. If there is a cleric present, I buff the cleric and the tank. I usually won't bother buffing the others because (in my previous experiences) people would rather have the cleric rez them.

With that being said, I will happily provide the buff to the others if they request it.

Also, in the case of having to choose between healing my pet or healing squad members...... unless my pet is tanking, the squad members get the heals, no question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Show up first to instance, buff as they arrive. Between CD and waiting for the next toon: you shouldn't run low on MP. If some stupid sin is dying because they choose to erupt and steal aggro rather than Subsea: forget them. If someone has the squad tied up waiting for them for 10m -forget them. If some stupid archer or wiz insists on range tanking a boss that repeats AoE when range tanked: help them die and forget them. Otherwise don't take a healing position if you don't plan to fill it.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I may have to make a "Mystics mp guide for dummys", I really don't get how I got my mystic up in levels crazy easy, without buying any mp pots pre 75, yet so many people have trouble just to keep their mana up, I think people need to look up what pharmacy is and how to do the divine quests and exchange them for MP pots or even buy some MP regen gear, I did all that and the game was a breeze, even being a solo healer/res buffer in bh59.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That coming from a guy who was in full support of people power leveling ALTS--

You sir are an IDIOT b:chuckle been counter calling you an idiot long before hypers and goons, and so forth- The buff wasn't the whole gist of his complaint- read more and make less assessments on partial comprehensions-

The guy has vadlid complaint for dealing with low level BS. Mystics at that level has no where the power to be main healers in some situations-

Welcome back tho troll, didn't you quit even before EGs came out?

You mentioned dry humping a brick wall. Is that how you were conceived? It would explain your intellect.

You are so abrasive and asinine, you make Michael_Dark look cheery and friendly. You deserve a special award for that!

Stop playing the 'omg you're a dirty nasty troll!!!!!1111!!1!1!1!1!' card if you are just going to do it yourself, you look like a fool and are inviting people to do it to you more and more. You look like a 12 year old, which as someone mentioned in another thread, violates the TOU for PWE's services.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I may have to make a "Mystics mp guide for dummys", I really don't get how I got my mystic up in levels crazy easy, without buying any mp pots pre 75, yet so many people have trouble just to keep their mana up, I think people need to look up what pharmacy is and how to do the divine quests and exchange them for MP pots or even buy some MP regen gear, I did all that and the game was a breeze, even being a solo healer/res buffer in bh59.

Doing divine quests for MP pots = paying for MP pots. b:surprised

I play cleric, wiz, and veno. Only veno uses less pots. The problem we have is a lot of people who haven't learned the class. Hell, we have clerics (most of them) that spam Chromatic and use BB on bosses that repeatedly knock it down. Even one of the oldest classes has many fail players. If you're blowing through MP faster on Mystic than Cleric or Wiz; you're simply a nub. -That's all there is to it.
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why is this thread still going? Should have ended here:
    Non-fail Mystic can completely replace Cleric for healing. Stop failing.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why is this thread still going? Should have ended here:

Mystic canNOT replace cleric.

Seriously, stop trying to troll.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You mentioned dry humping a brick wall. Is that how you were conceived? It would explain your intellect.

You are so abrasive and asinine, you make Michael_Dark look cheery and friendly. You deserve a special award for that!

Stop playing the 'omg you're a dirty nasty troll!!!!!1111!!1!1!1!1!' card if you are just going to do it yourself, you look like a fool and are inviting people to do it to you more and more. You look like a 12 year old, which as someone mentioned in another thread, violates the TOU for PWE's services.

bump...bump...bump- whats that sound?

oh you posted again.
    re
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mystic canNOT replace cleric.

Seriously, stop trying to troll.

In most case outside of extreme bosses that need constant purify they can. A nonfail Mysit heals 8X FC and other BHs just fine.
    edited January 2012
    Options

I am cheery and friendly. :3

• Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I am cheery and friendly. :3

Well you've consistently made me laugh over the past 2 years. (Seriously, not being a smartass, lol) BTW I think Sagek is posting something on his own somewhere, you should go find him b:chuckle
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Damn, that's some strong flaming. >_>

Just... what the hell, guys. I know we're a cynical community and everything, but damn. How many threads just go downhill like this? You could make a drinking game out of it. >_> This is why we can't have nice things.

(inb4lock)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Damn, that's some strong flaming. >_>

As much as I understand you...
    I can uinderstand why. Look at OP. He really didn't post polite or withou swears either. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    bump...bump...bump- whats that sound?

oh you posted again.

That sound is me knocking on your skull with my knuckles to see if it's hollow. And it is.

www.crayola.com You might like that website better, try it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This is a hugely amusing thread. Please continue :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    For the last time, please learn this once and for all of you miserable life! Mystic is NOT CLERIC We cannot replace them don't ****ing expect me to show up and:
    -Buff whole squad with rez buff, it costs 15k of MANA!
    -Expect me to heal whole squad because everyone is tank and just crush into group of mobs raging ''OMFG Mystic noob y u no heal!'' and kick me out
    -somehow heal, recharge mp of my pet and attack with it

All of this at once, Decide, Heal, shield or attack, this is for all FAIL SQUADS because i've seen oracle noobs just demanding more than it is possible. I also have enough of mother****ers leaving squad after one boss, dieing every second, crashing squad, I'm wasting thousands on teleport stones just to discover squad left, and 10K went to **** itself, or buff everyone, waste MP charm i bought for MILLIONS and leave. LEARN IT, If game outgrowns you, you can't handle it, LEAVE, leave space for normal players, WE are NOT clerics!, LEARN THIS FINALLY!!! It's ridiculous i have to spend 2-3 days do to ONE BH in while i should have done 9 and bunch of quests to cover skill and repair bills which are HUGE, PLEASE DO LEARN IT once again i have enough of telling this why it is so hard, If you aren't Tank or Healer this doesn't give you excuse to turn off your brain! I am playing since 3 years and this is worst **** i Ever seen so far, bunch of noobs coming in raiding Cash shop and showing off more armor than brain! I do not expect responses I want you to pass it on and send every moron to this topic, Game is sussposed to be fun, time killer and not stressful because bunch of morons who got laptop for christmas decided to **** people off.

If they're that bad to party with just have fun watching them QQ rage as the squad wipes. lol.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This is a hugely amusing thread. Please continue :3

It's not, this is ridiculous as some of you stand by my statement, players should not think of Mystic as Healer class while others go all against it ''Yes you can do that'' and also expect me to tank whole instance in the same time! Noobs
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Okay okay fine. You proved your point.
    What a troll b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It's not, this is ridiculous as some of you stand by my statement, players should not think of Mystic as Healer class while others go all against it ''Yes you can do that'' and also expect me to tank whole instance in the same time! Noobs

The fact of the matter is, mystics *do* have the skills of healers. So it is upon you to tell a squad that you join that you do not want to be the sole healer for the squad, and that they need to find a cleric. You can't expect them to read your mind. People know that mystics have healing skills, so if a mystic says nothing they are likely going to assume said mystic is okay with the healing role.

This is an easy fix to your problem. Instead of assuming people know how you want to play, tell them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    For the last time, please learn this once and for all of you miserable life! Mystic is NOT CLERIC We cannot replace them don't ****ing expect me to show up and:
    -Buff whole squad with rez buff, it costs 15k of MANA!
    -Expect me to heal whole squad because everyone is tank and just crush into group of mobs raging ''OMFG Mystic noob y u no heal!'' and kick me out
    -somehow heal, recharge mp of my pet and attack with it

All of this at once, Decide, Heal, shield or attack, this is for all FAIL SQUADS because i've seen oracle noobs just demanding more than it is possible. I also have enough of mother****ers leaving squad after one boss, dieing every second, crashing squad, I'm wasting thousands on teleport stones just to discover squad left, and 10K went to **** itself, or buff everyone, waste MP charm i bought for MILLIONS and leave. LEARN IT, If game outgrowns you, you can't handle it, LEAVE, leave space for normal players, WE are NOT clerics!, LEARN THIS FINALLY!!! It's ridiculous i have to spend 2-3 days do to ONE BH in while i should have done 9 and bunch of quests to cover skill and repair bills which are HUGE, PLEASE DO LEARN IT once again i have enough of telling this why it is so hard, If you aren't Tank or Healer this doesn't give you excuse to turn off your brain! I am playing since 3 years and this is worst **** i Ever seen so far, bunch of noobs coming in raiding Cash shop and showing off more armor than brain! I do not expect responses I want you to pass it on and send every moron to this topic, Game is sussposed to be fun, time killer and not stressful because bunch of morons who got laptop for christmas decided to **** people off.

gtfo.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The fact of the matter is, mystics *do* have the skills of healers. So it is upon you to tell a squad that you join that you do not want to be the sole healer for the squad, and that they need to find a cleric. You can't expect them to read your mind. People know that mystics have healing skills, so if a mystic says nothing they are likely going to assume said mystic is okay with the healing role.

This is an easy fix to your problem. Instead of assuming people know how you want to play, tell them.

This is the best approach to the solution of this issue, OP. I suggest you take this advice and go with it.

When you join, inform the squad lead that you are not interested in being to healer, and they must look for a cleric.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I know wizards who'll stop DDing and switch to full heal mode (however crappy that may be) when the squads run in to unexpected problems. No one knows what is going to happen... and if you are not flexible with half a brain... I would rather not have you in my squad PERIOD (regardless of how much we need a healer).
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Maybe they should KNOW, I can't replace Cleric, Seeker can't play as TANK and I can't Heal whole squad and tank mob with my Salvation mob when stupid seeker dies! Blame me and Rage quit! **** you cash shoppers!
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I know wizards who'll stop DDing and switch to full heal mode (however crappy that may be) when the squads run in to unexpected problems.

Mage heals aren't crappy. It's one of the best heals in the game. I've tanked a lot of stuff with just mage heals, back when I actually needed a healer. lol
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I don't know what a Mystics limits are. b:surrender

But it does not hurt to communicate your abilities as well to the squad. I personally don't trust any healer other than a Cleric but that's just me being an Old Schooler.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yes, people do seem to think we are a cross between a cleric and a veno. even my kids do-instead of one of them running my cleric to do a three man squad of tank/cleric/tabber, they want me to be both cleric and tabber.

i cant do cleric work without it sucking on my charm big time, and im too squishy to get in close enough to heal on AOE bosses like Chin, but tanks seem to think its just a matter of 'try harder. yeah, ok, i send my lil mystic in. she is supposed to be keeping 1) tank healed (which really drains my mana, 2)heal my pet-which i cant do and heal tank. 3) keep myself alive while getting hit by AOE pops by Chin. so when even your own kids who also have Earthguards dont get the idea that Mystics are mana burners to the max, how can anyone expect strangers, who dont know anything of the class to understand. i guess it comes down to telling them that you are only able to assist the cleric, but mostly are a DD. if they dont accept that, leave, and try to find a squad that is more reasonable.

You say you didn't expect responses but you should know better in these forums. b:chuckle

Mystic isn't like cleric so far as buffs and strength/variety of heal, and anyone with a brain should know the difference. Mystic is a great class. Sounds to me like you're just a victim of fail squads. In my experience a lot of random squads are like that and yes it's very frustrating. No communication, everyone grabbing agro back and forth, etc.

But a good mystic in a squad of people that know what they're doing is usually fine. Don't give up just chill and try to find some better people to run with.

Just out of curiosity, what lvl was this squad and what were you trying to do?

And a sidenote, I don't play my mystic without mp charm. Some people disagree with this but I can't play without one. My mystic is 84 and I don't have that mana skill people talk about. Gotta look that up and ask my pro mystic friend what she thinks xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart