For the last time!

Options
Shayd - Raging Tide
Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
For the last time, please learn this once and for all of you miserable life! Mystic is NOT CLERIC We cannot replace them don't ****ing expect me to show up and:
-Buff whole squad with rez buff, it costs 15k of MANA!
-Expect me to heal whole squad because everyone is tank and just crush into group of mobs raging ''OMFG Mystic noob y u no heal!'' and kick me out
-somehow heal, recharge mp of my pet and attack with it

All of this at once, Decide, Heal, shield or attack, this is for all FAIL SQUADS because i've seen oracle noobs just demanding more than it is possible. I also have enough of mother****ers leaving squad after one boss, dieing every second, crashing squad, I'm wasting thousands on teleport stones just to discover squad left, and 10K went to **** itself, or buff everyone, waste MP charm i bought for MILLIONS and leave. LEARN IT, If game outgrowns you, you can't handle it, LEAVE, leave space for normal players, WE are NOT clerics!, LEARN THIS FINALLY!!! It's ridiculous i have to spend 2-3 days do to ONE BH in while i should have done 9 and bunch of quests to cover skill and repair bills which are HUGE, PLEASE DO LEARN IT once again i have enough of telling this why it is so hard, If you aren't Tank or Healer this doesn't give you excuse to turn off your brain! I am playing since 3 years and this is worst **** i Ever seen so far, bunch of noobs coming in raiding Cash shop and showing off more armor than brain! I do not expect responses I want you to pass it on and send every moron to this topic, Game is sussposed to be fun, time killer and not stressful because bunch of morons who got laptop for christmas decided to **** people off.
Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
Post edited by Shayd - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Litor - Archosaur
    Litor - Archosaur Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Q to the Q
  • MomoYukino - Lost City
    MomoYukino - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You say you didn't expect responses but you should know better in these forums. b:chuckle

Mystic isn't like cleric so far as buffs and strength/variety of heal, and anyone with a brain should know the difference. Mystic is a great class. Sounds to me like you're just a victim of fail squads. In my experience a lot of random squads are like that and yes it's very frustrating. No communication, everyone grabbing agro back and forth, etc.

But a good mystic in a squad of people that know what they're doing is usually fine. Don't give up just chill and try to find some better people to run with.

Just out of curiosity, what lvl was this squad and what were you trying to do?

And a sidenote, I don't play my mystic without mp charm. Some people disagree with this but I can't play without one. My mystic is 84 and I don't have that mana skill people talk about. Gotta look that up and ask my pro mystic friend what she thinks xD
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hey Shayd, hang in there Man. Everyone loves a good player, no matter what there class. You will be appreciated by people who will want to squad with you more often. Life is full of speed bumps - all we can do is slowly drive over them and continue on our journey.....
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mystics cannot be Clerics, that is correct, but they can do certain aspects of the Cleric, and seem to be more versital to a Squad who would know how a Mystic operates. One thing I do like is the fact that a Mystic can give Reserrect. Which a Cleric cannot. Also, a Mystic, from what I have seen, seems able to step in better and fight ifneed be, while a squad member reserrects and gets buffs back up. Overall, a complex toon to play I would imagine, but I also feel that it could be very rewarding to a good squad to have one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Indeed, mystics are not clerics. Don't take it personally, our server is full of idiots. My revive remains level 1 for a reason. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MomoYukino - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Indeed, mystics are not clerics. Don't take it personally, our server is full of idiots. My revive remains level 1 for a reason. b:chuckle

Wow your revive is really still lvl 1? I always thought that was a joke or a photoshop...

That must be pretty bad... I feel bad for you RT people then b:surrender
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wow your revive is really still lvl 1? I always thought that was a joke or a photoshop...

That must be pretty bad... I feel bad for you RT people then b:surrender

The only person I squad with on this character is myself, and I'm not bothered by it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ugh, my brain was partially fried from the murdering of the English language in the opening post.

-Buff whole squad with rez buff, it costs 15k of MANA!

That is 3 Herb Yuanxiao?

If tokens are 11k each, 3 tokens for 50 Yuanxiao, that's 33k for 50 yuanxiao. So 660 coins per Yuanxiao. Buffing the entire squad is 1,980 coins.

Is the cost of two thousand coins the limiting factor of buffing the entire squad? Or is there something else I am missing?
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ugh, my brain was partially fried from the murdering of the English language in the opening post.

That is 3 Herb Yuanxiao?

If tokens are 11k each, 3 tokens for 50 Yuanxiao, that's 33k for 50 yuanxiao. So 660 coins per Yuanxiao. Buffing the entire squad is 1,980 coins.

Is the cost of two thousand coins the limiting factor of buffing the entire squad? Or is there something else I am missing?

Well at level 66 he certainly isn't going to be using a level 75 MP recovery item. Your missing that at least b:chuckle
  • MomoYukino - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That is 3 Herb Yuanxiao?

Lol yeah, I thought about that too, but hey I can see his point if people come and leave from squad a lot, or kick him out after buffs. It would be annoying to constantly be buffing people and eating yuanxiaos. Like I say, I can't do anything serious on mine without an mp charm, and I use apoth regen pots to help save my charm a little, lol. I'm such a noob. But he says it takes 2-3 days to do one bh? I couldn't imagine. That might be a lot of yuanxiaos. b:chuckle

EDIT: and missed the barbs' post about him being lvl 66, change yuanxiao to mp pot xD Still that's a lot of pots
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Actually, you can rezbuff the whole squad. Maybe not all at once, but certainly by the time you get to the boss. If my level 60 mystic can do it, your level 66 mystic can. You can in fact give a limited amount of heals to everyone attacking in your vicinity. Thats what your plants are for, use falling petals for people not in range. It's a buff, it will heal them with little input from you. If that isn't enough, that's their problem. But you can in fact heal multiple people. Mystics aren't clerics, but at your level nothing is being thrown at you that a mystic can't heal if they know how to play their class and can afford the mp pots. Get better at playing your class and don't qq because people expect you to heal when they can't find a cleric . If you're getting kicked after you give rez buff, when at that level they need heals. Maybe it's because you're saying that you don't want to heal once you get to the instance, instead of letting them know to save a spot for a healer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This is not QQ Thread, it's Rage, I had enough patience over these months, today i went trough 4 squads and I still need to do BH III, technicially it's after Midnight so 4 More. Also how do you know Im 66 is it Signature of my avatar, because is it screwed

• Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Typical forumers always siding with the argument that the OP is against.

Mystic was not designed to be the rez ***** nor the heal *****. Cleric was designed for that purpose.

Mystic was put into place to be a secondary support character, if placed in a squad with a cleric (which every squad should have a cleric unless its a squad full of 5 aps melee with BP)

The OP is not at a level high enough where he can use MP food, nor do I imagine he/she is flush with cash.

The problem arises when we set a bad example for the newcomers, by telling them its ok to oracle and hyper, and not learn a damn thing, therefore, placing the rest of the PWI community in jeopardy of not fully enjoying this game due to their unreasonable, inappropriate and completely unnecessary ignorance.

Instead of slamming the OP, we should try to be more supportive. *shrugs* Just a thought.
  • MomoYukino - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I did support the OP I hate fail squads.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Typical forumers always siding with the argument that the OP is against.

Mystic was not designed to be the rez ***** nor the heal *****. Cleric was designed for that purpose.

Mystic was put into place to be a secondary support character, if placed in a squad with a cleric (which every squad should have a cleric unless its a squad full of 5 aps melee with BP)

The OP is not at a level high enough where he can use MP food, nor do I imagine he/she is flush with cash.

The problem arises when we set a bad example for the newcomers, by telling them its ok to oracle and hyper, and not learn a damn thing, therefore, placing the rest of the PWI community in jeopardy of not fully enjoying this game due to their unreasonable, inappropriate and completely unnecessary ignorance.

Instead of slamming the OP, we should try to be more supportive. *shrugs* Just a thought.

The OP is neither a new player, or someone who doesn't have the mana.

MP charm i bought for MILLIONS and leave.

I am playing since 3 years

He's just havign trouble adjusting to that class. And it starts with blaming others. If I'm in a squad with a mystic who is acting as healer, and who tells me they can either through omission or by outright saying it (stopping me from inviting a cleric), I expect them to give me a rez buff at least by the time we reach the first boss. I expect mystics to be an adept group healer because they have falling petals, and they have two plants that heal. If they can't/won't do these things, for whatever reason. I expect them to say that they intend to just DD so I can find someoen who will heal. They fail to communicate that to me, and as a result cause me to die from lack of heals and have to go all the way back to town because they won't rez buff me...then they leave or I do. Mystics are actually fantastic healers, even if they aren't quite as good as clerics. Just like i'd leave squad if I ran into a metal maging cleric who is the sole healer. Or if I was stuck in a squad with a tank or who won't take aggro. Or in a squad where all the sins suddenly decided to use bows instead of their daggers to speed damage up. We all have our roles in squads. If you only ever run into bad squads for months on end and it regularly takes you 4 days to get through a single bh run, maybe you should ask for tips instead of raging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Honestly, my characters were so overbuilt that aggro was never an issue. Mystic only needed to give me a rez buff, because it was kind of obvious that I would be tanking. b:surrender

Example: FCC Squad forms, there's an 87 BM, 84 wiz, 84 sin, 82 Veno, 88 Mystic, and my BM at 80. 87 BM had 5k HP, my BM had 10,239 HP (depending on ornies).

And now, at 97, I've got +10 deicides, so I hold aggro (for now) off Sins even on the bosses. b:chuckle

But, if it's a squad where everyone has 3-5k HP, nobody has godly gear borrowed from a 100+ Main (ahem, warsoul helm +8 or something like that), or something along those lines, then one person needs to be defined as a tank, or you really do need a cleric.

As for the original post...

That was rage if I ever saw it. b:pleased
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Non-fail Mystic can completely replace Cleric for healing. Stop failing.
  • Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear
    Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I always heal squads on my Mystic, every day, QQ less please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    hmmm maybe i should do that too! IM NOT GONNA RES YOU! My res costs 1.5k mpb:angry
    Sorry to be harsh, you chose your class, whether you like it or not, res buff is part of your duty as a mystic.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What is this I don't even
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mirtilla - Sanctuary
    Mirtilla - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This is the classic case of someone having a very bad experience and coming raging in the forums as things like that happens everytime.

Like,I've been in a squad where a Cleric was keeping healing an high level Sin helping in a Bh59,she was doing it over and over despite the high level Sin clearly didn't need any and I mean ANY heal at all,she got heal agro all the times and died 3 times,then ragequitted the squad calling everyone nub etc etc etc.

Now its not like all clerics are like that,when people have bad experience,they tend to generalize a lot.Get over it,not all people are stupid.
    Im a Seeker but I have no clue what Im seeking.
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    o.o I healed entire FCC squads and had less deaths on my mystic than my cleric... In some ways mystics can be better than clerics, in others clerics are better, in most squads I've been in, usually if there's a cleric my mystic is the healer over the cleric... When I was in the 60s on my mystic I used MP charms, flat out that class kinda needs them until 75, it sucks, but its true... you can play without that but its slow and you run out of mana like no tomorrow.

I healed full BHs in 51 no problem in the 60s though... my freaking wizard can heal until the first boss, believe me I've been in fail enough squads that I've had to solo heal for Fushma on her... xD My mystic's 101 now... and to be honest, if you're playing a mystic you just kinda have to realize going in that low levels your mana is gonna be gone all the time without a charm.

I think most squads would expect rez buff on all their members, even with a cleric, sometimes a tank can't wait for a rez or the cleric can't take time off healing the tank to rez the DD or the cleric dies and rez buff brings them back.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You might want to quit playing a mystic now.
    I can tell you from experience that finding a cleric won't get any easier :p So you WILL be expected to solo heal a lot of BHs or even FCCs. And unless your server is totally different from mine, you will have to constantly prove you're useful.

Yes, mystics aren't clerics but they can replace clerics in quite a good of things. And BH is one of them.

And lol Mitachi. Guess we should stop raging level 11 revive costs 1.5k mp b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Oh noes.

Here comes the Full Attack Mystic vs. Full Support Mystics arguements.

As for the OP. I don't know anything about Mystics other than your cool Rez buff. I can't really make an arguement either way but one things for sure, if you are squading in BH without a Cleric I am thinking they are gonna want you to be the healer.

For me, unless we have a 10x main soloing the BH we better have a Cleric.

I'll admit it's nice to have Over-geared wreaking machines run your BH for you but there is nothing like going through the Instance the old fashioned way. Healer, Tank, Pullers, DD's.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If there is no Cleric, the Mystic will be expected to heal and Rez buff everyone. It's just the way it is. While for some BHs (some 51s & 59s, 69, Warsong) you absolutely need a cleric, other decent squads can get away with a Mystic.

Sounds more like a generic rant about being a healer in a squad, and that on it's own is rather tough. As bad as it sounds MP wise, when you get to 89+ and get Sage/Demon heals, you'll realize that the Rez buff isn't so bad after all (Demon Cleric spell really eat MP @.@)
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Classic case of the mass majority trying to dictate other people's gameplay to suite themselves.
    re
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    hmmm maybe i should do that too! IM NOT GONNA RES YOU! My res costs 1.5k mpb:angry
    Sorry to be harsh, you chose your class, whether you like it or not, res buff is part of your duty as a mystic.

On LV10 is costs 2.7K, and nothing is my duty, I will happily leave next moron squad in middle of BH letting those morons die and laugh in their face. If all mystics did so, you would be crying loudly for clerics who become extinct because *******s like YOU make us main support class, I can't act as healer because my skills are limited, it also takes TWICE mana as cleric, and don't also expect me to attack in meantime, I heal TANK or PET! Decide, If pet dies you survive or opposite, also pet with no mana does small damage, and i have to save MP to heal your fat oracle A S S.

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Whether a Mystic can heal for a certain instance is situational. It really depends on the squad makeup, what class the tank is and if they're smart or idiotic, etc. It's one thing to heal a barb tanking, say, Pyro in BH69. It's quite another to heal that same barb on Polearm and Guarnob in that very same run, because of the lack of Purify.

But the OP is 66, so, BH51 right? Let me guess... you were frantically trying to heal your tank through Wyvern's damage amp when a very, very stupid sin failed to moderate his damage, stole aggro, and promptly died, leading to him yelling at you and kicking you. Does that sound about right? If so, it's because that sort of thing has happened only about ten million times. :P

Solution: Don't let the idiots lead the squad. You just make sure you're doing your best, and if the DDs start whining, it's them who can be kicked.

EDIT: And yeah, res buff everyone once your lv75, because herb pots are cheap as hell and will solve most of your MP problems. XD But until then, your current way will suffice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So what? Would you rather go to town because you didn't res buff yourself? Yea, there you go. Get used to it or only run with cleric in squad.

I doubt mystics take twice as much mana as cleric. At least if you compare both endgame.
    I know my cleric runs through quite a good deal of mp and she doesn't have her most expensive mana sucking skills yet.

But seeing your swearing rage... Quit now. You won't like the class at higher levels. lol Unless you feel like putting up with more of that stuff :p Cause you will end up solo healing lots of stuff and res buffing people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Classic case of the mass majority trying to dictate other people's gameplay to suite themselves.

There is this little thing called 'experience', and I'm not referring to the stuff that you got from Goons, either. b:bye
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level