Improving my archer

Options

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's +8 because I can't be assed to farm without poopy Ast by my side. Your fault.

Ohh you got it to +8 now :O Grats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yup it's now a little higher than the 2nd cast +12 in DPS...

Eh but gold is getting higher as the orb sale is coming to an end, so I am not going to pull through to anything higher with pack profits alone.

But IJS, straight orbing to 10 is just about 134 gold atm (right?) and that's definitely something people can do in a weekend of 2x if they really cared that much.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    But IJS, straight orbing to 10 is just about 134 gold atm (right?) and that's definitely something people can do in a weekend of 2x if they really cared that much.

134 gold is probably a good 300 runs... at today's gold price. Considering I done maybe 10 runs over the whole weekend... I got a long way to go.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:dirty
    I farmed with Bon Qui Qui, and then we watched Ponies.
    Asty, guard your woman!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well hmm...realistically what this orb sale has done is made it a lot cheaper for 5-8 I think,
    but 9 and up should still probably wait for an ocean sale. Wasn't it 20 gold each last time?

I thought the 1 star sale made it cheaper but apparently the ocean sale was still better. My mistake heheh.

and about possibly miraging R9...I had a terrible time with it and so did Ast. Generally weapons are a ***** to mirage, but who knows, double drop with fairy boxes should get you a lot of mirages. The point I tried to make is that farming can get you pretty far right now.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well hmm...realistically what this orb sale has done is made it a lot cheaper for 5-8 I think,
    but 9 and up should still probably wait for an ocean sale. Wasn't it 20 gold each last time?

I thought the 1 star sale made it cheaper but apparently the ocean sale was still better. My mistake heheh.

and about possibly miraging R9...I had a terrible time with it and so did Ast. Generally weapons are a ***** to mirage, but who knows, double drop with fairy boxes should get you a lot of mirages. The point I tried to make is that farming can get you pretty far right now.

Well... seems we're about to have a flame sale so.... Have fun with cheap refining!
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I'll mirage your stuff. I got to +5 first try :3 Then I didn't really give a **** and just left it and logged off for 2 weeks lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol ty for the offer, I think I'll take you up on it if I ever get any non-bound gear to refine ><
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Current Build

Would you believe I actually farmed a little bit for that? b:chuckle

I'm WAY too lazy with this game <,< That or I put too much into my barb >_<

EDIT: Max stats on cape and helm ftw!

I want to aim for +5 refines on all and then I guess TT99 pants to nirvy. Thoughts?
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i prefer my way charge 400 bucks and sell gold refine buy stuff and repeat nect month no need to farm yayb:victory
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I prefer my way. Charge 400 bucks and sell gold. Refine, buy stuff, and repeat next month. No need to farm, yay.b:victory

In between flipping burgers for $400 cs money a month, you should probably grab a book and, perhaps, learn something.

Also, is that AC/BD rhyme? Amateurishly done, though.
    I prefer my way.
    Charge 400 bucks and sell gold.
    Refine, buy stuff, and repeat next month.
    No need to farm, yay.b:victory

ICRN is an Acronym for "I Can Read Now". Fight illiteracy!
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    In between flipping burgers for $400 cs money a month, you should probably grab a book and, perhaps, learn something.

Also, is that AC/BD rhyme? Amateurishly done, though.

ICRN is an Acronym for "I Can Read Now". Fight illiteracy!

That was actually pretty impressive. ^^

Also, cape and helm are +5 now. Too lazy to edit pwcalc and repost atm.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Current Build

Would you believe I actually farmed a little bit for that? b:chuckle

I'm WAY too lazy with this game <,< That or I put too much into my barb >_<

EDIT: Max stats on cape and helm ftw!

I want to aim for +5 refines on all and then I guess TT99 pants to nirvy. Thoughts?

Only aiming +5 refines? Do a bunch of TTs, Grind for event cards and go for at least +6-7 I say :O...or if not all pieces, at least the helm.
    (even tho looking at my gear atm that would seem hypocritical, what can I say I'm a student b:surrender)
    And if you are aiming for Nirvana, I'd personally choose Lunar over TT pants(ofc, if I can afford). The resistances are siexy.
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Get a better helm low hp is loooooooow
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Only aiming +5 refines? Do a bunch of TTs, Grind for event cards and go for at least +6-7 I say :O...or if not all pieces, at least the helm.
    (even tho looking at my gear atm that would seem hypocritical, what can I say I'm a student b:surrender)
    And if you are aiming for Nirvana, I'd personally choose Lunar over TT pants(ofc, if I can afford). The resistances are siexy.

(Also a student ^^)

I plan to just wait around for r8 recast. I might get +6 on it, but I'm going to focus my refines on my wep and helm for abit. I've also been putting funds toward the bookclip so I can have all sage skills aside from Stormrage. Only 95 more adv myst pages.
    Get a better helm low hp is loooooooow

Suggestions for a better helm? I rarely farm so I don't think Ancestral Divine Hat is worth it unless its 2nd cast. And no, I will not restat my dex into str to wear a high str helm.

Retired from PWI.

edited September 2011
    Options
    (Also a student ^^)

Suggestions for a better helm? I rarely farm so I don't think Ancestral Divine Hat is worth it unless its 2nd cast. And no, I will not restat my dex into str to wear a high str helm.

Just refine that warsoul. I've currently got 2 helms on me

A G15 Myriad Blossom +7 with 2 perfect cits
    and G13 Warsoul +6 with 2 immac cits

The warsoul gives slightly more hp~

I believe it will take about a +8/9 refine or so until the ancestral divine/likewise nirvy helms will give more hp than a warsoul at same refine level, have calced it in the past, could calc it now, but lazy :p
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just refine that warsoul. I've currently got 2 helms on me

A G15 Myriad Blossom +7 with 2 perfect cits
    and G13 Warsoul +6 with 2 immac cits

The warsoul gives slightly more hp~

I believe it will take about a +8/9 refine or so until the ancestral divine/likewise nirvy helms will give more hp than a warsoul at same refine level, have calced it in the past, could calc it now, but lazy :p

Ty for the info. For some reason I thought it would give alot more hp, but I guess I was wrong (I never tested it realizing I would never farm the cannies for 2nd cast and that I would probably just get a warsoul anyways lol).

Yeah, its kind of weird finally being like: "Ok, I have pretty much all the gear I could want now". I am doing my OHT culti to try and get the belt, though I still don't know if I should get the Guard of Thundershock or the Paradise Satchet. I'm leaning towards the ele belt just because I like having a good 5~600 more m def than most archers.

Met a Demon archer today with similar gear/refines as me (They were obviously aps cape/ornas fist build; full cit i think they may have had 3 garnets though). I had 66 more dex green. 100 less hp. 150 less p def and 700 more m def. And their bow aps was only .95. So I was only .11 slower.

Retired from PWI.

• ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/1b4dbae38a76e9ff

That's my archer atm.. Im working on refines tt99 and cape.. ill have 10k hp buffed when they are +7 :p

Everything is self farmed yay xD with my +7 deicides ofc /also self farmed/.. and no i dont have high lvl sin.. haven't spend even single buck on game.

That build allows me to be 5 aps and have way higher dps than bow, I kill like 3 times faster?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ty for the info. For some reason I thought it would give alot more hp, but I guess I was wrong (I never tested it realizing I would never farm the cannies for 2nd cast and that I would probably just get a warsoul anyways lol).

Yeah, its kind of weird finally being like: "Ok, I have pretty much all the gear I could want now". I am doing my OHT culti to try and get the belt, though I still don't know if I should get the Guard of Thundershock or the Paradise Satchet. I'm leaning towards the ele belt just because I like having a good 5~600 more m def than most archers.

Met a Demon archer today with similar gear/refines as me (They were obviously aps cape/ornas fist build; full cit i think they may have had 3 garnets though). I had 66 more dex green. 100 less hp. 150 less p def and 700 more m def. And their bow aps was only .95. So I was only .11 slower.

I think I'd go with the guard, simply because Pdef orns benefit pdef more than mdef orns benefit mdef, but the great thing about these belts is they let you have a nice amount of both b:dirty

And the 2nd cast helm does have benefits. They require less strength, and can give better def stats/dex/and crit. And if you do plan to get up to really high refines they will outshine the warsoul.
  • ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver
    ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When I do a pwcalc, the nirvy LA helm only gives more HP at +12 and it is only 26 more. Nirvy helm refines better at +9, but Warsoul has a +150 extra stat added to it that gives it an edge.

I am not sure about even bothering with mdef orns though. With gears like this (I know because I have almost the same gears) you will be an easy one shot for many casters in the factions left on the map even if you had elemental warsong and cube orns. Pdef on the other hand may help you with nixes, other archers, and melee if they can get to you. I often have time to use AD, apo, or defensive skills during physical attacks to give time for my squad to help, but I really can't do much when I don't see a tab>nuke coming my way.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I am not sure about even bothering with mdef orns though. With gears like this (I know because I have almost the same gears) you will be an easy one shot for many casters in the factions left on the map even if you had elemental warsong and cube orns. Pdef on the other hand may help you with nixes, other archers, and melee if they can get to you. I often have time to use AD, apo, or defensive skills during physical attacks to give time for my squad to help, but I really can't do much when I don't see a tab>nuke coming my way.

I suppose casters will generally one shot me with highly refined weps, but I feel the m def definitely helps in PvE (Warsong, FC mag hall, Aba) as well as against non Wizzy/Psy casters. I can tank a gush or 2 from a similarly refined wiz, but a r9 wiz will one shot me just the same as a r9 archer. Should help somewhat against venos/clerics/mystics and especially other archer's metal skills.

I don't particularly have much trouble against other phys attackers (Still have yet to die from a BM) and even better refined archers remain counterable with stun/aim low from the deadzone. A sin gank is a sin gank and only genie skills will save me there and seeing as my genie is built around protecting me from sins...it makes sense to cover my magic weakness. (Srsly BoA+Expel ftw).

Also, got sage revive as a drop in BH SoT. Sold for 19mil. Used coin on my bookclip and +15 dex tome. I've got Sage Stun, STA and TS learned now. Just going to learn Aim Low and the others can rot in my bank until I have excess spirit lol (Deadly Shot and Serrated for teh fail!). Now the only book I'm missing is Stormrage...

EDIT:

I have 475 dex now. I'm thinking of adding the next 5 straight in to get another crit % especially considering I do not think 1 str point will greatly benefit me anytime soon. This will bring my crit rate up to 37% which I feel is quite good for a sage archer (its more than most sins I ask).

Also, on the topic of Sage Stormrage Eagleon, I ask what the correct skill description is. I've seen Asterelle mention on the forums that the description was one of the few that remained incorrect, is this still the case? Also, would acquiring the skill (just to have all sage skills learned) be worth it? ty

Retired from PWI.

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Also, on the topic of Sage Stormrage Eagleon, I ask what the correct skill description is. I've seen Asterelle mention on the forums that the description was one of the few that remained incorrect, is this still the case? Also, would acquiring the skill (just to have all sage skills learned) be worth it? ty

Sage stormrage eagelon can be useful on Legion Marshall, Dark Colluseast, and Twilight Emperor.

Basically, you need to have sufficient chi, and you need to be in a situation where 20% damage reduction can be useful to your party. You sometimes have to manage your own aggro, also, especially if its your tank you are helping keep alive, since building chi can also build aggro and the tanks that need your help the most generally have the weakest aggro holding abilities.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sage stormrage eagelon can be useful on Legion Marshall, Dark Colluseast, and Twilight Emperor.

Basically, you need to have sufficient chi, and you need to be in a situation where 20% damage reduction can be useful to your party. You sometimes have to manage your own aggro, also, especially if its your tank you are helping keep alive, since building chi can also build aggro and the tanks that need your help the most generally have the weakest aggro holding abilities.

Does this mean the description saying 20% reduction in physical/magical defenses from gear is correct? Also, would it be useful on a barb or other r9? Just curious tbh, I haven't considered any pvp/tw applications it may hold.

And yea I understand the managing aggro part. I would do it more as a debuff though since I also have EP on my genie and plan to get Blood Vow when able. Stacking all that alone would make me a pretty menacing debuffer in pve (or on a barb/r9 in TW).

Retired from PWI.

• Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Stormrage reduces phys and magic attack not defence, wish they would change the discription already
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Stormrage reduces phys and magic attack not defence, wish they would change the discription already

Ah...interesting. Still not as good as if it were defenses, but...thanks for the information ^^

Retired from PWI.

• Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Big necro, but I didn't feel like making another thread.

I'm full sage now. :D

Thought I would mention I got all my skills learned as of tonight (found Stormrage for 3mil <,<).

I also have Blood Vow and Awaken waiting for me after some full delta :P (and FC for spirit).

So, if anyone has any questions about sage archerness, feel free to ask.

Also, a gear related question..

I've got 53mil atm. Saving for either +10 on my bow (+7 atm) or new armor. I'm not sure if I should go full nirvy or full r8 recast. I have yet to meet someone who is full r8 recast, but I am open to options.

I also might invest in a better genie since I believe a genie is the main thing that saves me in TW. I'm alot more experienced in TW now and tbh, I don't feel defenses help a whole lot with anything aside from avoiding a one shot.

Random tidbit: I still have yet to die from a BM, despite the amount of r9 BMs in Equinox (12 straight successful defends against them).

EDIT:

How tired was I when I wrote this lol? Whatever,

My question: Do you think I should go Lunar Nirvy or TT nirvy? Also, estimated cost for the full armor set if anyone knows off hand would be awesome.

What should I do first?

-+10 r8 bow?
    -Pimp out my genie?
    -go for full nirvy armor?
    -stick with r8 and just refine more?

Opinions are appreciated :D

Also, where is Fleuri and blood_rain? :P

Retired from PWI.

• sicarius - Harshlands
    sicarius - Harshlands Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    boricua360 wrote: »
    Cake the cat and fionna the human the fun never ends adventure timeee.

I FKING LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!!!b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • sicarius - Harshlands
    sicarius - Harshlands Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Big necro, but I didn't feel like making another thread.

I'm full sage now. :D

Thought I would mention I got all my skills learned as of tonight (found Stormrage for 3mil <,<).

I also have Blood Vow and Awaken waiting for me after some full delta :P (and FC for spirit).

So, if anyone has any questions about sage archerness, feel free to ask.

Is sage any good for pvp? Is it better than demon in TW? Thanks!
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sage barrage vs demon barrage in TW.

More def or more aps? Which would you rather have up on the crystal?
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Longer stun and slightly more dph is nice. Range helps abit, but i imagine demon thinks the same against most targets as well.

Frost is ok for heavies but not a clincher.

Sometimes, I do honestly have trouble killing things where I probably could if I had the crit microbuffs from Demon STA/Stun or the aps from demon quickshot.

Demon definitely has more dps potential. I'm sure I could hit harder if I was a demon, but I do love my long stun and sage boa helps me tank things abit. With crabs/IH its like my own mini BB.

Sage boa is definitely more handy for solo boaing imo, just because you can tank some hits. Running in, WoG, immune pot, boa, expel, and then alacrity out is classic. On the flip side, Demon BoA has better dps. Also, if in BB sage boa's defense reduc is overwritten, so Demon gains teh advantage.

Sage TS is nice for caster nirvy. And I use all the extra chi that I always have on aim low when not in a TW situation.

Overall though, demon has more dps. I don't believe any archer should go aps, but if you did I recommend demon simply because you can get 5.0 with spark and spend more on other better gears.

It comes down more to playstyle IMHO. Choose what feels right.

Retired from PWI.