Fly With Me Nomore: How PWI use to be tribute video

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    There are private servers that allow you to play the game like it was supposed to be played..

Should have added more to pvp. Swamp, ykd and intrepid are huge pvp nostalgia spots. Vol 29 too.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm always surprised how it seems ppl should choose between :
    - Totally love the old days, hate everything now, or
    - Totay is way better then before

There are things I miss from the old days, and that vid brought back some good memories. However, I don't cry over good memories because the moment is gone. I smile because I was lucky enough to share that moment with others. Maybe a bit deep for a video game, but I'm like that on important rl stuff, as well as unimportant things. The past is gone, cherish the good moments but live today and fight for a better tomorrow.

From the evolution of the game, I mostly regret 2 things :
    - New features and changes have been pulled to exageration. They are often just to much and tend to make old stuff totally obsolete. Like bh made cs obsolete, then became obsolete over hypers and fcc.
    - To many ppl jumping on every little thing to totally abuse it. Like pq for 60-80 was really nice, till there became lvl100s to "help".

But well, that mentality is dominent in rl too...
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You've really got it wrong.

I made friends during that time, and when we went to different factions, we still remained friends.

Now-a-days, you have someone leave your faction, and for the most part, they're nobody you know anymore.

The game was FUN in 2008. The game is still fun now, but... Not ANYWHERE near as fun. Game mechanics be damned, you had to actually PLAY to get anywhere. Now you just shove a credit card in and you've got 20 hojillion levels. What's the fun in that?

Again, less cash shopping and a less friendlier community is not a fault of the game mechanics itself.
    Yes, our version has its clear problems, but it's still superior to the 2008 version of pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Martin - Harshlands
    Martin - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    There are private servers that allow you to play the game like it was supposed to be played..

Should have added more to pvp. Swamp, ykd and intrepid are huge pvp nostalgia spots. Vol 29 too.

Vol 29 is a huge one for sure. Intrepid were more amazing then tw at times. Don't forget vol 4 or 5, that little area south of arch and ofcourse the place you spawn after completing HH/TT. Forget that name to, been too long. Used to be where you could tele to all of those areas and atleast one area had people up for a fight. Unless it was really late in the day and everyone was away/sleep.

Remember when guilds competed for world bosses? Immaculate's were OP (what was it 40 hp?). +8 and above weapons/armor owners were well known through the server. I could count the amount of +12 owners with my hands (include all servers).

Fights would break out within guilds for not taking people to Delta's and Gamma's...you know...back when the exp was amazing.

The days when archers used bows....bm's used axe's...swords...poles and the VERY rare occasional fist user. The lovely days when barbs could tank and keep aggro.

God the list goes on and on. I would not mind playing the "long" way. Revert the CS to young Lost City days and I will be the first to sign on that server.

*edit* For bubble's post, I can't agree with you. The slow pace required you to constantly work with and find new people to get w/e quest's or gear farming done. All this forced interaction created groups of friends in short periods of time. As for people being unfriendly, this game has honestly become an ego trip for some so I could see that. Everyone was on a much more even playing field in 2008. When something is fair, everyone is most likely more happy. 2008>2011 =)
    PvE = F2P PvP = P2P
  • /lad - Dreamweaver5
    /lad - Dreamweaver5 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    As much as I gotta agree with you on some parts... Why a 104 r9 seeker to film. That's just so damn ironic with the content...

That's what I was thinking to. Better to use a class that was actually able to experience it all instead of a seeker run through hyper fc. Unless the statement you were going for is that char saying goodbye to everything being whats wrong with the game now.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2011

I wanted to include WQ but i had a dumb moment and couldn't figure out how to represent it, amount of pk fights i had there, my idea for PvP now to then was to show APS and stealth and how much there is little you can do compared to when you could see them a mile off without the fear of instant death. I forgot spiders too at intrepid, was first on my mind when i made but then fishing made me forget xD

That's what I was thinking to. Better to use a class that was actually able to experience it all instead of a seeker run through hyper fc. Unless the statement you were going for is that char saying good buy to everything being whats wrong with the game now.

In case you wasn't guessing the videos general point, I've played since open beta over 3 years ago, i was Evenixus on Heavens Tear when it was just HT and LC servers, i was Ascii & Fealty on Harshlands and i have a few now on Archosaur.

The general advancement of the game and how people who have been here along time have had to adapt to it is also another basic point of this video, like I've played old school class but I'm not still old school I've changed to fit how PWI is at the moment, I'm not trying to put it down or complain at it its just a comparison from old to new and what i personally miss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yes the old days was nice

Never seen that fishing was possible didnt even know it but i remember paying 100k coins for 1 gold. I still have gold hp charms on dreamwaver i bought for that coin to gold price :)

Questing was nice the wold looked lively, i even moved to harshlands because it was too lively and i wanted to be able to pk people farming the mats i want to farm or killing the mobs i want to kill. It was awesome, i had to line up for quest bosses and you got almost always help to finish that quests. I AOE grinded with a BM close Sundown town and we feelt so pro. b:laugh

Today's pwi is different, the world looks empty and underpopulated. Thats why i dont understand the demand for a grafik rework. Nobody's gonna use it anyways in the long run, no matter how pretty it might look like. People dont grind anymore and i could free farm all mats i want for production without competetion. Its sad

People do their dailys and after this they go afk bored or level an alt. BH runs are boring too the gear is too good for this instances. I have problems to finish my culti because i can't find a TT Squad

Full GV is death too, in the old days people used to do this all day every day

Everything became so easy and the really sad thing is it cant be fixed. Pwi will die out fast if the quick leveling is removed and people have to relay on quests or public quest again. It will take too long to level an alt or new charakter and the gap between a real newbie and a level 100 will become too step. No new player is going to spend 8 month to get level 100 just to be able to do some pvp and have a slight chance to be competive against some other **** geared people.

They way pwi is now is also burning out the content. The gear level is allready very high and lots of players have no real goals to accomplish anymore. The will to cooperate with other players is also on rock bottom because you dont have to.
    I hate Room 38
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    "Fryyyy wisss meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, in a pafect worrrrrrrrrrrr."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Without developement id have left the game a long time ago (im playing since beta on lc server).

But i prefer the game style of today, i like to play in instances (trials, gv, BHs and so on) cz teamwork is better than solo farming mats and herbs or grinding/questing for hours.

It took so much time to find ppl for zhening that it wasnt worth to do most of the time. And when u found a squad, the cleric had to go after 20 mins to often..

I teamed up with ppl quite often just to kill same mobs - and we didnt speak too - "cya" or "bb" when done was also enough at this time.

Nowadays its more easy to avoid idiots, i rly appreciate it :) and i LOOOOL when those ppl complain.

Nowadays i can solo stuff which is worth to do (and no, doing a quest at 6x for 30k exp and 15k coins is/was NOT worth to do!).

Nowadays i can farm more gold per hour. Even when gold price would hit 2m. So gold is way cheaper nowadays. Everyone can get more ingame coins more easy now - and lvl skills more easy this way.

Nowadays i can team up for HH (2 ppl with duell clients) - and we dont have to stay 30mins at a single HH60 boss - and only 1 person gets the drop/s. Doing hundreds of HH runs for low/no benefit for urself was SOOOO boring!!

Nowadays i know what to do in instances - as every1 else. No, it wasnt that much fun to get lost for 3-4 hours in FB39 or FB51. At least not for ppl with rl. And it wasnt that much fun to stay so many hours in FB69 at polearm - cz no1 didnt know something about the debuff and no cleric had learned the purify skill (cz they thought it wasnt worth to do).

I know every corner in world and every instance in game. Every mat and herb location. Every mob and boss. There is no need for me to go out and watch it anymore. I just saw it already. If u want to c endless new graphical content, go and install Second Life, its free.

Yes, i'm thinking about playing a new game too. Just cz: its getting boring to play pw. The best games r getting boring when u play them for a long time, even more and more extremly addicted wow player start to stop playing.

One of the reasons i wont quit and just play less in future: ive a nice amount of well-geared/refined characters now, i'm in a nice faction and ive some in-game "friends" (i normally call only rl friends "friends" - i'm not an us american whos calling every person just met a "very best friend).

And finally, having to much "memories" about a video game is just pathetic. Work on ur relationships, hobbies, job and families. Video games r just like tv movies, they exist to entertain u, nothing else.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    gyroki wrote: »

And finally, having to much "memories" about a video game is just pathetic. Work on ur relationships, hobbies, job and families. Video games r just like tv movies, they exist to entertain u, nothing else.

thats good advice, forget all your memories, stuff thats happened in the past, i mean its happened its done right, no need to remember anything good thats happened in your life!

/sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Really nice...

I have alts that I play that do quest and farm and have to suvive on just that. I don't help them with quests until they are much higher (86+) and even then I try to find assistance.

I do move them around in guilds and this is the part I like the best. The smaller, newer guilds you do find much questing and teamwork.

I decided about six months ago to do this, and it is fun. Yes, lonely but fun. Smaller levels that play old school on my server is a rarity, but when I do move among the maps questing and such, it brings back such fond memories.

I've been playing Perfect World since Jan. 6, 2008 and the one thing that keeps me here is ... everything. Recently, I felt the pull to boredom, and decided to work on my lowbies and not get so pulled into the 2x craze... I'll have fun, get her crafting up and let her grow old-school...
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    Kweer - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Great vid....There are some things that are player controlled and some that PWE controls. The things the players can control, we can change back. We just need to lead by example. Instead of FCC'ing and using hypers, go back to zhenning and questing. Instead of packs, farm instances. Instead of selling gold at inflated prices, sell them at lower prices. If the players make a big enough statement, the Devs will follow.

What I posted on the video on YouTube.

I am one of the vets, I've been a loyal gamer of PW on multiple versions, both private and public servers. I've QQ'd, threatened to leave, charged for ZEN, stopped charging for ZEN, FCC'd, bought my Rank 8, used hypers, sold gold at inflated prices for profit.

Fairly recently, I have charged very little, gambled very little, I have not FCC'd or used hypers, and I have not bought my gear from packs. I have been questing slowly every day (yes, bh's are quests...just like the Crazy Stone). I have farmed for my gear, or bought the gear with coin earned by farming in the game.

I am happy with my progress, as it reminds me of how I did back in the day. And I am not doing this on just my sin, but also my cleric.

Be the change.

Nice vid.
    b:nosebleed ಥ_ಥ PWI Follower since Jan '08 ಥ_ಥ b:nosebleed
    RisenPhoenix - 100 - Demon- Cleric - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - 100 Barbarian - Sage - Sanctuary
    Nakhtuul - 100 Blademaster - Demon - Archosaur
    Nakhtuul - 8x Seeker - Sage - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - 100 Archer - Demon - Archosaur
    /\pollo - 7x Cleric - Future Sage - Sanctuary
    Kweer - 7x Assassin - Future Demon - Sanctuary
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    video needs work....spend more time on camera angles and such and show your points..for example. butterflies...not alot of people know what the hell you are talking about,though i do cause im oldschool,but even then it was a waste of time,so was fishing,zhen was the best of the bunch if a spot wasnt taken..then your left to twiddle your thumbs..or go do something boring like a wq..BORING.

if you gonna saythings about the old days then show action on what it was like and not just locations.

i love the way it is now LOVE IT.Love the economy too....high prices here equal people laying down some mega coin flow..and times have changed...pfft can u imagine if gold was 100 k still with the pack?LOL everyone would be stinking rich and geared to hell and back...gold inflation restricts that like a harness and need to stay as is.

Ironic how a wut..Rank seeker running aroundb:laugh..HIP. OH. CRIT.

next time do a video on a regular toon.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    video needs work....spend more time on camera angles and such and show your points..for example. butterflies...not alot of people know what the hell you are talking about,though i do cause im oldschool,but even then it was a waste of time,so was fishing,zhen was the best of the bunch if a spot wasnt taken..then your left to twiddle your thumbs..or go do something boring like a wq..BORING.

i love the way it is now LOVE IT.

Video was aimed at people who remember stuff like butterfly parties, fishing parties and just squadding in general, these was never a "waste of time" these were how you leveled 3 years ago full stop. If you see these as a waste of time, you wasn't playing the PWI im referring to in this video.

As for showing "action" that's another point of this video, there is no action, there is nothing just empty spots that use to be mass populated with people before, so I'm guessing you don't even understand the point of this video.

I was playing Heavens Tear server long before you probably even knew about perfect world, ask any veteran about Evenixus and they'll tell you, so don't call me the hypocrite.

As for recording on my seeker, I've said a few times in this thread (which i bet you didn't read) i as well as all others have changed to fit how PWI is and will continue too, what you expected me to be playing in TT99 gears or something, not using a genie, avoiding Nirvana, FCC and pretending nothing changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011

if you gonna saythings about the old days then show action on what it was like and not just locations.

i love the way it is now LOVE IT.Love the economy too....high prices here equal people laying down some mega coin flow..and times have changed...pfft can u imagine if gold was 100 k still with the pack?LOL everyone would be stinking rich and geared to hell and back...gold inflation restricts that like a harness and need to stay as is.

What are you talking about? Anyone with a few million coin (which anyone with a single brian cell can scrounge up out of nowhere) can get pack gear.

Just those with more cash to spend (like 30 year old nerds who still retain their virginity), get it quicker.

Butterflies were not a waste of time. Glaze was a highly valuable material (still is sortof) and those butterflies drop them like mad.

Zhenning was awesome. There were tons of places to do it. You just had to be creative.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    Zhenning was awesome. There were tons of places to do it. You just had to be creative.

Spots i remembered and could of included;

YKD Pirates, Seaweeds, Sea-sprays, Wolfs, Spiders, Hell (if u was lucky enough to get to 89, took just over a year) Tangle-weeds, 3rd Past (was godly if u had the OP players to beat the un-nurfed GV Delta)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I play the game the old way with one of my good friend's. We had a faction that encouraged people who joined to play the old way and it was really popular, but I started college and since I couldn't dedicate my time to the faction anymore, I had to tell people to just go elsewhere so they wouldn't be stuck in a faction with an inactive leader.
    I still keep in touch with most of the members though, and whenever I want to squad up for something I just ask. Most of the time me and my friend do just fine though doing fbs and bosses and such on our own. I've only gone in FC a few times to do the actual quests that require you to go in there, not to hyper.
    Well like I said earlier, I've really been wondering about that concept. What were the "rules" or guidelines for your fac? How did you market it? (I also find it somewhat hilarious that almost no one in this thread is from HT) :<
    I'm always surprised how it seems ppl should choose between :
    - Totally love the old days, hate everything now, or
    - Totay is way better then before

There are things I miss from the old days, and that vid brought back some good memories. However, I don't cry over good memories because the moment is gone. I smile because I was lucky enough to share that moment with others. Maybe a bit deep for a video game, but I'm like that on important rl stuff, as well as unimportant things. The past is gone, cherish the good moments but live today and fight for a better tomorrow.

From the evolution of the game, I mostly regret 2 things :
    - New features and changes have been pulled to exageration. They are often just to much and tend to make old stuff totally obsolete. Like bh made cs obsolete, then became obsolete over hypers and fcc.
    - To many ppl jumping on every little thing to totally abuse it. Like pq for 60-80 was really nice, till there became lvl100s to "help".

But well, that mentality is dominent in rl too...
    Everyone has their own way of doing things and their own segments of the "modern game" that they condone or reject. That's what makes it complicated. But the solution can't just be "eh, we can't decide what's good or not, so let's just make it all okay." By that logic, one person can swear up and down that you should be able to level to 105 by killing a single Qingfu, and the rest of us would be expected to validate him for it. XD

Gotta agree with your comment on "help" though. Even for those people who genuinely want to help, I find myself nearly forced to decline it now. I was doing FF on my barb just the other day, when our psychic dual-logged his 100 BM in order to solo the thing. I had to beg him to drop that character, or I would've had to drop myself. I don't want exp for nothing. That's not fun. That's not even gaming. That's watching a really bad TV show where you have to click somewhere every now and then to move your useless character. And then if you do it right, whee, the pixel number goes up. Good times. XD
    But i prefer the game style of today, i like to play in instances (trials, gv, BHs and so on) cz teamwork is better than solo farming mats and herbs or grinding/questing for hours.

[etc., etc., etc.]
    Why would you be on an MMO without teamwork? The old game wasn't so much about endless mat farming and grinding. It was about the instance play, where you actually needed a good squad with a good strategy to get things done. Today's game is more about soloing than it ever was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If anyone could make a private server withtout CS or anything, I would join ASAP b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Spots i remembered and could of included;

YKD Pirates, Seaweeds, Sea-sprays, Wolfs, Spiders, Hell (if u was lucky enough to get to 89, took just over a year) Tangle-weeds, 3rd Past (was godly if u had the OP players to beat the un-nurfed GV Delta)

Nothing beats air zhenning. b:victory

Ants, heaven and the 103 mobs in the SW corner of the map too.

GV was pretty awesome. Best harshland memory was getting 3rd map with iffy, anti, nurfed, ultimate and zin at 90 with low refined hh90 gear. Was actually a challenge due to the 1k glitch and took quite a few tries. Ended up beating it the day anti came on drunk and only attacked the summonobot.

If anyone could make a private server withtout CS or anything, I would join ASAP b:sad

The best server I've found is how it was before the genies and OHT. They modified the leveling curve a bit at 7x+ so it isn't ridiculous but it still takes a while. The only advantage cash shoppers get is a level 40 donation weapon which is about equivalent to a hh90 weapon so no endgame pvp advantage really.

You buy orbs, charms and dolls with coins and mobs drop a ton more coin (6x mobs drop about 5-10k).

The only problems I see are the population is somewhat low and there is an endgame instance where you farm a custom armour set which seems a little OP compared to the second best armour. These two problems mean that pvp before endgame is pretty much non-existant.

If the server had ~3x the people it would be awesome.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Nowadays its
    Nowadays i
    Nowadays i
    cheaper nowadays.
    Nowadays i can team up for HH (2 ppl with duell clients) - and we dont have to stay 30mins at a single HH60 boss - and only 1 person gets the drop/s. Doing hundreds of HH runs for low/no benefit for urself was SOOOO boring!!
    Nowadays i
    I know every corner in world and every instance in game.
    nowadays we call it TT for Twilight Temple of Perfect World International b:surrender

HH= herpderp hall
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    Nothing beats air zhenning. b:victory

Ants, heaven and the 103 mobs in the SW corner of the map too.

GV was pretty awesome. Best harshland memory was getting 3rd map with iffy, anti, nurfed, ultimate and zin at 90 with low refined hh90 gear. Was actually a challenge due to the 1k glitch and took quite a few tries. Ended up beating it the day anti came on drunk and only attacked the summonobot.

Them Vipons at bamboo, pro spot, and omg the day i got 3rd past on Ascii i went there and had like 3 hours fighting iffy, nurfed, MD, that spot was mad. I also remember when i was forced to grind on the poison caster up by FC because everyone was trying to kill my butt for what i did to QQme, noone would take me fishing or anything, was horrible!

Do you remember PreeK? he was the creepiest person i've ever met, he'd find me no matter were i was, i don't know how he did it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Them Vipons at bamboo, pro spot, and omg the day i got 3rd past on Ascii i went there and had like 3 hours fighting iffy, nurfed, MD, that spot was mad. I also remember when i was forced to grind on the poison caster up by FC because everyone was trying to kill my butt for what i did to QQme, noone would take me fishing or anything, was horrible!

Do you remember PreeK? he was the creepiest person i've ever met, he'd find me no matter were i was, i don't know how he did it.

Preek was awesome. I don't know how he actually leveled. The man just flew up and down the map pking.

We had 3rd map to ourselves for like 6 weeks. It was great. b:dirty
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    I remember when I helped TheDan get his lvl 100 culti done on my cleric RisenPhoenix....I think that was before Delta was super easy.

Took some real skill to pass Delta....and now these noobs can barely get through stage 9. lawl.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i remember TheDan in his full VIT stated glory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    i remember TheDan in his full VIT stated glory

b:chuckle He certainly had a barbarian complex.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    "Fryyyy wisss meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, in a pafect worrrrrrrrrrrr."

Oh god, this cracked me up.

The music, while fitting, did hurt my ears a bit,
    What I liked was the irony of showing the PvP spot, dead and empty, only to have an assassin(who very very likely had to 2 spark before attacking) pop up and show off how badly the class has influenced world pvp.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    What I liked was the irony of showing the PvP spot, dead and empty, only to have an assassin(who very very likely had to 2 spark before attacking) pop up and show off how badly the class has influenced world pvp.
    Agreed - best spot in the entire video. I wonder if the sin actually meant to be part of the video or if he just sort of... *cough* "appeared" at the time of filming. >_>

I would've loved to try my hand at old-school World PVP. Too bad for me that by the time I was high enough to try it, the entire culture had almost died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Agreed - best spot in the entire video. I wonder if the sin actually meant to be part of the video or if he just sort of... *cough* "appeared" at the time of filming. >_>

I would've loved to try my hand at old-school World PVP. Too bad for me that by the time I was high enough to try it, the entire culture had almost died.

Open world PvP existed. Where you were hunted.

Not some lame *** PvP near safezone spots. b:pleased
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    In my experience, the problem is that people embrace things that they know are bad for the game, by convincing themselves that "oh, it's just how things are now."

But it's an illusion. You can still zhen. You can still run an old TT with no APS squad (except maybe TT3, but that's because they buffed it). You can do your BH with classic squads. And every boss in that video is just as enjoyable to kill as it always was.

When people stop pretending that the game is better off with this **** we condone today, maybe we can make up some squads (or even factions) of people dedicated to classic-style gameplay here in PWI. Until then, threads like these are going to crop up... by people who hate the current game but think they can't do anything about it.

Don't you believe it.

theres no words to show how much i agree with this xD
    im actually thinking about rerolling and going through the game old-style and trying to find others who want to do the same :)
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    theres no words to show how much i agree with this xD
    im actually thinking about rerolling and going through the game old-style and trying to find others who want to do the same :)
    Have you tried rolling on a different server?

I rolled a cleric on Archosaur and played him for a couple of months, but eventually I just got frustrated with that server (primarily because of its tiny population, most of whom were either goon-glitchers or people who didn't speak english, or both). If you've never played on an old server like HT, I strongly suggest you give it a try. Because unless you're intending to go into competitive TW (lol), HT is better in most other aspects IMO. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters: