Lengendary Pet Guide (Herc + Nix)

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I thought this guide was very helpful (: Good job !
    i still don't understand why someone would get a nix before a herc. Once you have the herc, you can solo TT, and eventually save up enough for the nix. Doing it this way will get you a nix in no time at all, and you don't have to spend actual money.

With a nix you can grind very fast. You can make 300k-400k per hour easy from grinding, and get tons of rep by doing OMAs as you do it.

Also, if you are on a pvp server, getting as nix first can save you lots of headaches by being able to defend yourself better against people around your level.

A good squad and a decend regular DD pet is still the best way to run TTs.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tibetai - Archosaur
    Tibetai - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    right so im saving for a herc.... My glacial does a pretty awesome job at tanking ? So what do you buy in the boutique for you to get 10-50 SoF ? Players in cat shops over price these to hell -_- if i get 10 gold a month or 15 if im lucky its gonna take me years ....and im gonna be playing wow soon anyways ? How much in game coins would a herc cost ? I Originally planned to not spend gold on either of the two .. But now i hear you cant buy the egg? What do you buy from players to get a herc ?
  • Tibetai - Archosaur
    Tibetai - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *Attempts to summon a not obtained herc for sumo match*
    **** I have no yummy meat for it seriously I have to pick up some steak later this week = Yum.

lol. I kinda want to call gold budda match. I think someone else mentioned but that what that thing looks like to meh @___@. One of the reason I wanted to get a fire chicken first but that idea seems to be wavering.

Tear- xD. Hopefully some kind of means is reached to where people don't make so many repeat threads.
    right so im saving for a herc.... My glacial does a pretty awesome job at tanking ? So what do you buy in the boutique for you to get 10-50 SoF ? Players in cat shops over price these to hell -_- if i get 10 gold a month or 15 if im lucky its gonna take me years ....and im gonna be playing wow soon anyways ? How much in game coins would a herc cost ? I Originally planned to not spend gold on either of the two .. But now i hear you cant buy the egg? What do you buy from players to get a herc ?

Ps. My character is 31 not what it says on there ^^ and awesome guide D: its the best one i have read D:
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I was wondering with all the talk on flying pets and rereading this.What if you wanted to put bash on phoenix instead of flesh ream?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • triplecore
    triplecore Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How much does the Source of Force cost in-game per piece? I mean with the coins.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That varies from server to server, with the price of gold, and with the occassional battle pet pack sale. Note: It's almost always going to be cheaper to buy the gold to buy the packs, than to buy the SoF/nix feathers from someone else. Solandri (I think it was) has a spreadsheet somewhere comparing gold price and pack sale price to (average) cost of one SoF/feather.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • queenfate
    queenfate Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I am sure many herc/nix owners and future owners definately appreciate the time and effort you put into this post.
    But on a personal note:
    I think I may be the only veno on this game that honestly does not want a herc or nix. I don't care if they could tank the highest boss on a lvl 1 character.. they are ugly lol.
    It was funny though, the other day someone missed out on getting their bh done because they were whining that the veno did not have a herc, she had a golem. This veno had tanked BH51 several times with her golem and was successful this time.
    That is the only game related issue I have with them. People are starting to think if a veno does not have a herc they are useless and that is just not true. My Kowlin is fast and can lure like nobody's business.
  • innocentrose
    innocentrose Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thank-You BloodFire I found this Guide very interesting and Informative, i think i shall get a Herc First then Get a Phoenix when i start PK
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    :/ lol bash sux in pvp atm xD never put it on a pvp pet lol.

Those peps who never can get herc/nix or just want 2 play a bit..can play on p-server.xD lol but not much peps but atlast can try out diff char and stuff at higer lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Persephone - Raging Tide
    Persephone - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love my herc =D most useful fat tug of **** i've got b:victory
  • Light/ - Raging Tide6
    Light/ - Raging Tide6 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Omg it's Persephone! Hai, it's me.
    Yah I admire other people's hercs.... I can't get one. I need like 98 mil more or something.
  • TheMoonLight - Lost City
    TheMoonLight - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    thank you so much for the guide n.n i just started to buy the feathers of nix.. is very hard but i hope get my pet b:cute b:thanks
  • Light/ - Raging Tide6
    Light/ - Raging Tide6 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I wouldn't buy them and hope you'll get the pet, I would save the money up and then buy the items for it. Price can change durastically.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Amazing guide, thank you!b:thanksb:pleasedb:pleased

Finally got my herc a few days ago and I'm using it as reference. b:victory
  • therealhisssna
    therealhisssna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    buying a nix for 20-25mil my in game name is hisssna server dreamweaver and email me if you want to sell one

emails jakenaim@gmail.com
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hercs and nixes aren't tradeable (only the SoF and feathers, and the tickets are... once the ticket is used and turned into an egg, it's bound), and you're not going to find anyone selling 9999 feathers or SoF for 20-25 million with today's gold prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mike_Hunt - Sanctuary
    Mike_Hunt - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Question I thought nix came with an aoe skill??? how does the nix get the skill and at what level?
  • _supervosje_ - Heavens Tear
    _supervosje_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well i realy love my herc and nix that's for sure b:surrender.
    Ther were times that I told every one that i won't buy a herc our a nix but now i got them both and realy it's heaven b:laugh.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I wonder how much they cost now... I may get one.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Costs too much these days. I got my herc for around 20 mil and phoenix for about the same. Well worth the price at the time. This was not long after they first came out.

Hey I remember this topic. I'm part of the guide.b:chuckle
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i've recently seen a herc ticket being catshopped in HT for ~65 million. that's more than i can hand over, and will be more than i can spend for quite some time yet. especially given that, with the sales that are currently going on, there's every reason to think legendary pet prices are currently depressed; i suspect that by the time i can finally afford one, i'll no longer have any use for one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Nefertia - Archosaur
    Nefertia - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would have said legendary pets are great but after working with one I have serious questions as to their legend. One at my level herc is only doing less than 1500k damage per atk yet the white phesant is dishing out 1937k He even reflects way more then he hits like 2332k yet he cannot even deal 1500k. As far as tanking bosses such as wyvern, gangakong, polearm he can only do this when his level is 10 levels or higher then the boss which means we still have to beg others to help and this is also becoming mudane when people only want to fc or be paid for thier aid or lack of aid.
  • felonius
    felonius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If repetition is your issue then why repeatedly post that you cant stand repeat threads grr.. go to any forum and find the purpose of the thread IMMEDIATELY bashed and it turned into another~~yet another ~~argument on sticky threads and repetitive posts.. Is in itself self defeating, let people make their guides and people will read them and enjoy, absorb what they wish and make their own decisions. Stop arguing, all guides are helpful in general or they wouldnt be approved . So STOPPPPPP!
  • Shaedy - Sanctuary
    Shaedy - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    very helpful, thank you for going in depth about everything. :)
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is the Herc still predicated as a legendary tanker pet? It has a slight difference status from Golem.
    Moreover, Since we know that the 5 Rare books of incredible skill are sold in the faction base, these books can be implemented in golem instead.

Ecxept, the Wanmei would upgrade this legendary pet as having been rumored around :)
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    it is fair to say I think, that the prices relating to the Phoenix and Hercules given in the following paragraph from the opening post of this thread:
    What are Legendary Pets?

Legendary Pets are commonly referred to as the cash shop pets. These are pets that you can receive by paying money inside of the cash shop for battle pet packs. These packs cost.50 which equals 50 silver. You will need to obtain 9999 Souls or Force, or Phoenix Feathers. (Yes, 9999. It is supposed to be hard)These packs give from 10-50 forces or feathers. I find that I mostly get packs of 30. All together be fully aware that a pet will cost (185~200)$. These pets can be purchased within game coin as well and that will run about 25 million for a single pet. The ticket can be traded but beware the pet egg cannot be exchanged. Once you have acquired these legendary Pets. You will need to feed them expensive food such as meat and hay. I highly suggest after feeding them to full loyalty you purchase a blessing. Or make a tome. This is covered in this guide further down.

is horribly dated and that someone with the power (either the OP, a Moderator, or an Admin) should amend that post, or a new thread of this nature should be made.

I say this because at least on my server the going cost of 9999 Source of Force/Phoenix Feathers is actually exactly 225.00 US Dollars assuming you purchase them using the "Phoenix Feather x2000" or "Source of Force x2000" bundles... Alternatively assuming that you use the Battle Pet Pack and purchase them during a Sale (such as the one going on right now) and the average of 30 per pack is accurate, then you are looking at approximately 56 US Dollars give or take a bit depending on the random number generator installed into the game. Additionally is the fact that depending on your luck with the "Perfect Chest's" you could arguably get one of them for significantly less money than either of the above two options. For example I pulled a Phoenix after opening 72 Perfect Chests or roughly 30 US Dollars worth of these chests.

Now on top of the odds and prices of actually obtaining a Phoenix or Hercules from the Cash Shop, is the fact that buying one from a player on my server would actually require around 100 million coins, not the 25 million that the opening post cites. So that needs to be updated as well.

EDIT: Actually now that I look at the entire article... why is this even still stickied? It is so horribly out of date that it isn't even funny. This thread really needs a replacement to be made for it and to have it be unstickied.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • fifolove1234
    fifolove1234 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As a heavy veno is it recomended to get herc or should i give to my arcane veno?
  • Nehilenia - Sanctuary
    Nehilenia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As a heavy veno is it recomended to get herc or should i give to my arcane veno?

If I'm not mistaken, the herc is better for arcane veno. As a heavy veno I would prefer nix, to do more damage in pvp or tw and other pvp stuff.
    helovesu wrote: »
    Is the Herc still predicated as a legendary tanker pet? It has a slight difference status from Golem.
    Moreover, Since we know that the 5 Rare books of incredible skill are sold in the faction base, these books can be implemented in golem instead.

Ecxept, the Wanmei would upgrade this legendary pet as having been rumored around :)

I also figured this out, but does it mean, that the phoenix is now the better choice?

A couple of days ago I got a hercules pet egg ticket (perfect chest one) by myself and tried to trade it for a blazing phoenix pet egg ticket (also from perfect chest), but got no respond after all.
    So I got to question me, which one of the legendary pets is the more prefered one? And whats the current coin worth of both? Its hard to figure out because some sell them from 60mil to 120mil.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    also with regard to the current coin cost of the Herc and Nix, one has to keep in mind that there are rumors of new Legendary Pets being released soon for the Venomancer which could potentially upset the entire balance of things. These new pets are rumored to be even more powerful than the Nix and Herc.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    also with regard to the current coin cost of the Herc and Nix, one has to keep in mind that there are rumors of new Legendary Pets being released soon for the Venomancer which could potentially upset the entire balance of things. These new pets are rumored to be even more powerful than the Nix and Herc.

Legendary pets are not being replaced, they are getting an upgrade which is what we've all been waiting for b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★