Lengendary Pet Guide (Herc + Nix)

BloodFire - Harshlands
BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Venomancer
Legendary Hercules and Phoenix Guide.

The Legendary Hercules (Herc) and Phoenix (Nix) are the most powerful Pets a Veno could have. These pets are both noted for their power and ability. A choice between extreme defense (Herc), and extreme attack. (Nix). However beware that power comes with a immense price however if you can afford them. You will surely find the Herc and Nix are the most superior pets in all of the land of Perfect World.

Warning: This guide contains odd humor such as calling a Nix a flaming chicken, and the Herc a large golden Buddha.
_________________________________________________________________________________
What’s Covered in this Guide?

- What are Legendary Pets?
- How do I find which is right for me?
- How do receive a Legendary Pet?
- Saving Tips
- Where do I go to turn the Sof’s and Feathers in?
- How do I feed a Legendary Pet? What do they eat? How much to feed them?
- Tomes and Blessings
- Coverage includes
* Cost
*Loyalty Math ( It takes 500 for your pet to become loyal which gives +150% exp and 120% atk)
* What mobs drop the different Legendary Pet foods.
* Advantages and Disadvantages
* Leveling your Pet
* Comparison with free similar pet
* Personal Experience from various users
- Users sharing their experience with their Legendary Pets
- Personal Notes
- Credit
_________________________________________________________________________________
What are Legendary Pets?

Legendary Pets are commonly referred to as the cash shop pets. These are pets that you can receive by paying money inside of the cash shop for battle pet packs. These packs cost.50 which equals 50 silver. You will need to obtain 9999 Souls or Force, or Phoenix Feathers. (Yes, 9999. It is supposed to be hard)These packs give from 10-50 forces or feathers. I find that I mostly get packs of 30. All together be fully aware that a pet will cost (185~200)$. These pets can be purchased within game coin as well and that will run about 25 million for a single pet. The ticket can be traded but beware the pet egg cannot be exchanged. Once you have acquired these legendary Pets. You will need to feed them expensive food such as meat and hay. I highly suggest after feeding them to full loyalty you purchase a blessing. Or make a tome. This is covered in this guide further down.

Average Cost of a Legendary Pet : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2392911#post2392911

Saving Tips
- Fly everywhere
- Spend money on what you really need
- Only spend on skills you need
- Grind and keep Grinding
- Tame rare pets when you have the chance.
- Make all class Pets. The most popular seems to be the fowls.
- Don’t spend all day trying to catch rare Pets. Do the math and find the spawn times. You lose grinding time trying to camp an area.

How do I find which is right for me?

Do you really insist on picking? I suggest the common Veno suggestion of getting the Herc and raising the coin for the fire chicken.

What interests you?
Pking: The Nix is going to be of interest to you due to its high attack speed, and moving speed. The chicken of doom is fast and deadly however keep in mind that a Pet is only as good as it’s Veno.

Going through mobs at the speed of a flying chicken: The nix cuts through mobs. With its high attack a nix is very effective when it comes to grinding. Rather than AOEing it is considered by most to be more effective to quickly single grind through mobs.

Aoeing: If you are into having a bunch of creatures all over the place , and then watching them all collapse then you are going to want to AOE. (Area of effect). This would require a Herc and a whole lot of patience.

Helping your faction Quest: A Veno with a Herc has a lot of earning power. They are great at raising coin which could help push a faction to the top. It’s usually Veno’s with Herc’s being the main funders of factions.

What type of Veno are you?

Mage: Your Pet heal will be great, and you could solo bosses. So a Herc fits well.

Werefox: Soloing bosses will be a lot harder for you. So you might want to go Nix, and you won’t have to worry about loss of power from not nuking seeing as the Nix’s attacking power is very immense.

What is your build? I leave this to your own personal reasoning however. Your build could make a big impact on which pet is best for you. Keep in mind that more mag point’s means a higher pet heal.

Are you squishy? - If you a squishy you might want to roll a Herc seeing as you can easily be one or two shotted in PVP.

Do you care what other people think of you? – If you are big on what other people think of you, you might not want to get a Nix. People will QQ till the end of time even if you kill them fairly with the flying blazing chicken of doom. However if you want lots of friends consider a Herc. You could help people quest, and talk to the people who open your TT runs for you.

How to receive a Legendary Pet

To receive a Legendary Pet. You must acquire all 9999 units of Phoenix Feathers (Feathers) or Souls of Force (SoF’s). Then you must turn them in to the Pet Manger.

You may exchange these units for the other desired unit at the Pet Manger in packs of 100.

You can also purchase feathers and SoF’s from the cat shops. Players commonly sell these in their cat shops when the message is made that someone has a ticket. However keep in mind the prices of these items are gouged commonly and that you are able to purchase gold from the auction house.

And also that sometimes feathers are higher, or Sof’s are higher. You could always purchase the unit and exchange it later.

Contrary to popular belief buying gold from the auction house is NOT always cheaper. Always double check all prices before buying or selling anything.

Feeding a Legendary Pet? What do they eat? How much to feed them?

You feed a legendary Pet just like any normal pet. The catch is that they only eat select types of food. These select types of food are Hay, and Meat. In the coverage section detail on how much for full loyalty is covered.

Update: Perfect Cookies can be purchased from with tokens of luck from the Anniversary packs/Coral packs. These work well for feeding your legendary pets.

9 tokens for 25 perfect cookies that give your pet 200 loyalty per snack.

Tomes and Blessings

Once you get your Legendary Pet up to full loyalty you find that feeding them foods like hay and meat are very expensive. The way to combat this is to get your hands on a blessing. They are well worth the investment and should be purchased soon as possible.

Arcane Blessing: Found in the cash shop keeps your pet feed for a week. Keep in mind that is a physical week and not a game week. I suggest tomes more than purchasing an Arcane blessing.

Mystic Tome: A mystical tome is an item that you can wear that will give you additional statistics to your character giving various stats like mana regeneration, vitality, extra exp, and damage reduction. For importantly for Veno's it feeds your Pet.

Update: Mystic tomes can be found inside of Anniversary/Coral packs.

A complete guide on this can be found : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862&highlight=Mystical+Tome+Fragment

Christmas Blessing: Located inside the supply box. When you get to level 80 you will need a golden hammer to crack the box open. You may get your hands on a supply box at any starting village. However keep in mind that you should NOT sell the box under any means. It cannot be returned to you if you decide so.

Coverage Section

Herc- The Herc is the best tanking Pet in the game hands down. This amazingly large looking gold Buddha looking like creature has the ability to solo bosses and hold massive amount of mobs. Rare drops anyone?

Picture: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/GarnetTill13/PWI%20Guides/Hercule.jpg

Skills

*Reflect (Level 5): reflect 70% of melee damage back at attackers.

*Strong (Level 5): Increase Pdef +150%

*Protect (Level 5): Increase Mdef +150%

*Pounce (level 2): Stuns target, and if stun connects increases attack speed by 25%

It is highly suggested that you replace Pounce with Bash to keep agro.
However some users decide to use Roar.

Growth Charts:

Level One:

Level Ninety: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...rld/herc90.jpg

Cost: 9999 (Sources of Force)

Feeds Upon: Meat, Fine Meat, Venison, Nest, Perfect Cookie

Mobs that drop Meat: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/9760
Mobs that drop Fine Meat: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/9761
Mobs that drop Martin Nest: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/11550
Mobs that drop Vension http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/11552

Loyalty Math:

Meat: 30 X 34 = 1020
Fine Meat: 60 X 17 = 1020
Martins Nest: 150 X 7 = 1050
Venison: 250 X 4 = 1000
Perfect Cookie: 200 X 5= 1000

Advantages: High Defense. Able to Aoe. Able to Solo Bosses. Able to hold Arggo. Able to take into the dungeons

Disadvantages: Not the best attack. Slower moving speed. Cannot be taken into the air, nor water.

Comparison with best similar free Pet: (Compared with Crystaline Magmite)
I've taken the 2 main tank pets, Crystaline Magmite and Hercules, both at level 75 now. Lets compare them shall we?

Magmite Level 75

HP: 2447
Phy Res: 7292
Mag Res: 4861
Phy Attack: 2358
Damage/Accuracy: 1129
Attack Rate: 0.60/sec
Evade: 836
Speed: 6.1 m/sec

Damage on Living Snowman: 2378

Hercules Level 75

HP: 3460
Phy Res: 7452
Mag Res: 5961
Phy Attack: 1956
Damage/Accuracy: 1922
Attack Rate: 0.80/sec
Evade: 1025
Speed: 8.0 m/sec

Damage on Living Snowman: 1972

It’s easy to see the Hercules is better in every way than the ever popular golem. Other than actual damage output per hit at least. Herc hits less but has a much higher "damage" stat while the golem has a slightly larger "Phy Atk" stat. What is the point of the "damage" stat?

Looking at the herc, with stats like that I'd be surprised if it couldn't solo TT squad. lol

Leveling up your Herc

Anyone with a Legendary Pet knows leveling them if you didn’t get them in the lower levels is such a pain. Your best bet with the Herc is dragging him into the cube of fate.

If you want to go the AOEing route.
Vazil has a guide here. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263211

Nix

Picture: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/GarnetTill13/PWI%20Guides/Phoenix.jpg

Skills

*Blessing Of The Pack(Level 5): Increase Maximum Health by 30%

*Claw(Level 5): Increase Attack Damage by 30%

*Pounce(Level 2): Stun and Increase Attack Rate by 25%

It is strongly suggested you add Flesh Ream (Ripping Bite)

Growth Charts:
Level One: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...ld/phoenix.jpg
Level Ninety: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k.../phoenix90.jpg

Cost: 9999 (Phoenix Feathers)

Feeds Upon: Hay, Wild Ginseng, Perfect Cookie

Mobs that drop Hay: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/9757
Mobs that drop Wild Ginseng: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/11551

Loyalty Math:

Hay: 20 X 50 = 1000

Wild Ginseng: 5 X 200 = 1000

Perfect Cookie: 5 X 200= 1000

Advantages: Great attack power. Great for PVP. Plows through mobs. Can chase down players. A lot of people say there are going to run from a Nix. With a Nix’s immense speed it’s very hard to do so. The flying flaming chicken is insanely fast and when they drop to the water you can be firing spells.

Disadvantages: Cannot be taken in dungeons, nor water. The Nix kills things so fast that it’s hardly a problem but keep in mind that it does not have the most HP in the world.

Comparison with best similar free Pet: (Nix Vs Sawfly Vs Scorpion Coming Soon)

Leveling up your Nix: There is no Cube of Fate Lvling for a Nix. Which means get ready to grind. The best way to go this is probably grinding on Foxwings or large amounts of flying mobs.

If you are not at a high level I highly recommend going to Etherblade to the outside of the teleport area in the air. The reason being this area has three Pterosaurs that span. They don’t aggro unless you get very close and they spawn rather quickly. The Pterosuar area near Heaven’s tear has a lot of aggro and it’s a popular pk area.

Users sharing their experience with their Legendary Pets:

IMO, they just make life easier overall. Before Phoenix and Herc came out, I had to constantly watch my sawfly's HP due to its weak defense and HP. My magmite was a bit easier to handle, but once it got aggroed by multiple mobs I had to manage it more. Herc allows me to just send it in without worry and not stress over getting aggro over Heal Pet.

They certainly make Twilight Temple easier. At the moment I can tank all fbs up to 89 except fb69's defense debuff boss and bosses around the world that are usually found with quests (Kimsa, Kong, old Heaven's Tear bosses) (excluding defense debuffs bosses like Krimson.

I actually put Flesh Ream on my Herc instead of Bash, mostly for PvP purposes. While it isn't as fast as Kowlin, it has more damage and more survivability. In those tough spots where you can't pull out a better pet (phoenix for example), Herc does a decent job at annoying people.

I would say the only annoying part about them was leveling them up. For the phoenix, it isn't horribly bad because of its fast killing speed (generally just revisit old areas and kill things). Herc on the other hand kills slow. The best place to level it (but not good for sanity) is Mice Bashing (Room 4) in Cube of Fate. The monsters die in one hit and give full EXP.

Personal Notes

I own a both Legendary Pets. So feel free to ask way. When it comes to rare info or observation, and personal experience I’m pretty good. Feel free to ask me anything. If you want me to make a particular guide you may also PM me and ask me that as well I’m pretty great at getting back to people ^^.

Oh. If I made a mistake or a typo. Let me know. I’ll be editing this thing like 39985834 times trying to get it perfect because I am OCD about errors, misinformation, and about keeping things updated. Sometimes I forget English is my first lingo, and I might have gotten some information wrong. So don’t be scared to say YOU’RE DOIN IT WRONG.
xD

Credit: Without these places and people this would not have been possible. So let’s give them an array of thanks and <3’s. And a shout out to Sagittarius for telling me I can do it. And putting me together when this guide decided to poof on me and telling me I could make it even better and that as a web design and media student I better save everything three times in five different places. Ilu.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/

http://www.ecatomb.net/

Zoe

Solandri

Maiya

Vazil

TameThat
Post edited by BloodFire - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009

First of all. Not only one person can make a guide.
    It's called having the same idea.
    I thought your guide was short and missing a lot. So I made a longer one.
    In no way is that copying. My guide is very different from yours not even close to even being written the same. In not one instance did I copy and paste something from your guide. There are tons of the same quest guides, and various guides for one thing.
    It depends on which on is better for what you are looking for more suited to another person.
    Your guide is nice but it doesn't have close the amount of information this one does.
    And when I started this guide yours was not even on the first page. You had to bump it yourself just a moment ago.
    Get over yourself please. I hope you are not silly enough to be upset or hold a grudge because someone has a guide on the same thing you do. I would understand you being upset if I copied your guide but I didn't.
    Move on please.
    edited April 2009
    Its not a guide at all, its called an FAQ. Its meant to answer general questions bout the pets, not like they need a ton of indepth info. Its a group collaboration meant to get rid of the repeat threads. My point, if you wanted more indepth information, you couldve just added to the group one already made, it just drives me nuts to see repeat after repeat and necro after necro.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Its not a guide at all, its called an FAQ. Its meant to answer general questions bout the pets, not like they need a ton of indepth info. Its a group collaboration meant to get rid of the repeat threads. My point, if you wanted more indepth information, you couldve just added to the group one already made, it just drives me nuts to see repeat after repeat and necro after necro.

They don't need a ton of indepth info? Plenty of people ask the questions I see in my guide on a daily basis. Clearly that needs to be in this guide.

And secondly you said it yourself yours is a FAQ which is very brief, mine is a full out Guide. I don't know about you but not everyone has your tastes. A lot of people like to sit down a read lots of information before they pay 200 bucks for something.

This is this stuff I went looking for so I put it in my guide. No where did I see group collab in your FAQ as well. And if you want people to stop making repeat threads you need to have as much info as possible. I'm sorry but you seem to be contradiction yourself with the statement.

I understand seeing repeat threads might drive you batty. But there were no need to say I was a copycat because clearly I'm not. In fact you could have even PMed and asked could we collab this information.

Seriously. There a ton of repeat threads asking the same questions even with your FAQ as well.
    Last I checked it was way more detailed and informative than the other "comprehensive" guide which has done nothing but throw my friends and I in loops. The color on the skills was recommended by someone posting, if you dont like it complain to them. If you think you can do better, by all means, be my guest, this guide is far from cookie cutter, the only thing that makes venos cookie cutter is your typical pure mag/common LA build farming TT with their 200$ pet they didnt work for >_>;.

Youre not a -lowbie- so this isnt intended for you. You're one veno, not the entire veno populace =)

I'm sorry to qoute you without permission but you said yourself in another guide. If you think you can do better by all means by my guest to some criticizing that guide you were defending. I feel the same instance applies. I went out and made a more detailed guide.

I think we should this leave it be. And see is one of them is made into a sticky and refer people to our particular guides when we need it. There is no reason to be catty/upset/mad about seeing one more repeat over this.
    edited April 2009
    I blame OCD, repitition drives me nuts man. I will literally go berserk in repeated threads without any sense of actually doing it. lol, I should go take my meds 8D
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    I blame OCD, repitition drives me nuts man. I will literally go berserk in repeated threads without any sense of actually doing it. lol, I should go take my meds 8D

xD. It's fine. People have their things that get under their skin I can understand that. I send a MOD a PM linking her to both threads. Hopefully one of us/ or both/ or us combined can be sticky-ed and people can read them before making a thread.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    blah blah blah

Both your guides are useful :P
    Quit arguing and hold a herc sumo match.
    edited April 2009
    i dont want a sticky! i want people to stop making repeat threads! as long as one of them does i dont give a flying hoot, i just wish repeat threads could all be merged into one, and dont make them look at my FAQ its annoying <_<;idk what it is, I wanted more people to add to it and people dont have and more ?'s and idk.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    blah blah blah

Both your guides are useful :P
    Quit arguing and hold a herc sumo match.

*Attempts to summon a not obtained herc for sumo match*
    **** I have no yummy meat for it seriously I have to pick up some steak later this week = Yum.

lol. I kinda want to call gold budda match. I think someone else mentioned but that what that thing looks like to meh @___@. One of the reason I wanted to get a fire chicken first but that idea seems to be wavering.

Tear- xD. Hopefully some kind of means is reached to where people don't make so many repeat threads.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You listed strong under hercules twice. Also I wouldnt consider aoe grinding an advantage as it's not efficient at all. Also everything mentioned was in the other guide in some form of shape or another... I hate repeat threads.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    You listed strong under hercules twice. Also I wouldnt consider aoe grinding an advantage as it's not efficient at all. Also everything mentioned was in the other guide in some form of shape or another... I hate repeat threads.

Thanks. ^^
    As for everything being mentioned. There is lot of stuff in here not in the other one (Where to place the items/converting them/loyalty math/Ads very Dis./Prices/Long Explanation of the information presented. Unless they were in another page other than the first on which I didn't bother to dig through. I didn't find everything I wanted from that guide so I made another) however I don't feel like hassling back and forth. There are tons of repeat threads about this topic a day. Another resource isn't going to hurt.

As for AOEing. There is no right way to be a Veno. So some people may adore AOEing and really think it's a ADV. Some Veno's swear by it and I have herd over and over it's the best thing from the creation of sliced bread. I think going though mobs with a Nix would be better. But I'm not sure yet but a lot of Veno I meet insist upon it.

As Zhoelle said both guides are useful and hopefully we can leave it at that. I am going to continue to update and refer people to this guide. It took me a while and I'm proud of it and I feel like a lot things in here are important.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Where to place the items/converting them/loyalty math/Ads very Dis./Prices/Long Explanatio
    Dont know what you mean by the first one, sounds pretty self explanitory. If you mean "get" it's mentioned.
    Converting them should have been mentioned, something missed
    loyalty math... if someone even needs this I've lost faith in society
    Ads very Dis, dont know what you mean, if you mean advantages/dis they are listed
    Prices are listed, first question is how much does it cost
    Long explanantion.. shouldnt pride yourself in that, too wordy imo, should be sweet and to the point

Aoeing grinding just comparing herc to herc solo mobs, is still less efficient. Period. I'm sure people get off by watching the wow factor, it looks like your doing a lot, but if you actually time out exp/hour its signifigantly less.

Pretty much everything was mentioned, and perhaps should justed posted to add what you thought was missing, since it was meant to be a collaboration of questions. The other one even has in the title "to prevent repeat threads" seems rather blasphemous to go about and make another one after reading such a title.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Dont know what you mean by the first one, sounds pretty self explanitory. If you mean "get" it's mentioned.
    Converting them should have been mentioned, something missed
    loyalty math... if someone even needs this I've lost faith in society
    Ads very Dis, dont know what you mean, if you mean advantages/dis they are listed
    Prices are listed, first question is how much does it cost
    Long explanantion.. shouldnt pride yourself in that, too wordy imo, should be sweet and to the point

Aoeing grinding just comparing herc to herc solo mobs, is still less efficient. Period. I'm sure people get off by watching the wow factor, it looks like your doing a lot, but if you actually time out exp/hour its signifigantly less.

Pretty much everything was mentioned, and perhaps should justed posted to add what you thought was missing, since it was meant to be a collaboration of questions. The other one even has in the title "to prevent repeat threads" seems rather blasphemous to go about and make another one after reading such a title.

blasphemous?
    Nah.
    One thread does not make the law of the land. Unless it's the TOC.
    If I feel something needs more I am going to post it. There are still repeat threads spawning so that thread didn't make a huge difference.

This guide is for people who want long information
    . IMO more information helps. Considering I am spending 200$ on a pet you better believe I want all the information I can get my hands on is how I feel and this guide is for people who feel that way. If it doesn't help you don't refer to this guide use the other simple. There is no need for people to be butthurt over two resources.

I promise even with these guides. There will be repeat threads.

As far loyalty math. Someone asked for it did they not? So its there for someone one wants it.

You may have lost faith in that person but I have no ties to what you choose to have faith in. My only aim to make a guide for people who want as much information as possible. If there is two of them use one or the other.

As far as AOEing I share the same view sort of. But I have yet to try it. However this guide is written objectively. There are Veno's who like AOE. This is there for them. There is more than one way to be a Veno. It even states in the guide AOEing is only one way.

And top it off this guide isn't even done which is stated in the guide itself. I haven't gotten to the lvling formation fully. Along with more information on skills swapping and such.

My last say regarding this. Is Tear herself told someone else regarding a guide if you think you can do better than do it on the same topic.
    I am not a pretentious enough to say this is better. However I think it's different and works for a different set of people.

However I will say that this has more information than the FAQ.Information will still be added. And you will still be seeing it. So hopefully you don't get really upset when the next newbie goes

WHERE DO I FIND SOFS

Because I promise you despite the FAQ it will happen and despite this guide. The only thing to slow it down is a sticky from what I see. And that's my final take on their being both guides hopefully.

This thread was intended for information. Like Zhoelle said it's all bunch of Blah Blah Blah and Herc sumo matches would be more entertaining and useful rather people going back and forth that there is a FAQ and a guide.

It's posted and staying around.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ". As for leveling a Nix, you could certainly try a similar aoe tactic except the Nix would be initially hitting the mobs. The best place IMHO to do this is NightScream Island with the Pirate Minions. I experimented with aoe there with my Golem and was pretty successful with up to 5 mobs at a time (again, with a Golem!). The key here is to make sure the Nix spreads the damage around so that the mobs don't turn on you (if they do - just kite them until the Nix regains aggro)."

Nightscream is an instance, and I don't believe flying pets (phoenix) can enter it (unless they changed something recently), so AoEing on Minions with a Nix is impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    ". As for leveling a Nix, you could certainly try a similar aoe tactic except the Nix would be initially hitting the mobs. The best place IMHO to do this is NightScream Island with the Pirate Minions. I experimented with aoe there with my Golem and was pretty successful with up to 5 mobs at a time (again, with a Golem!). The key here is to make sure the Nix spreads the damage around so that the mobs don't turn on you (if they do - just kite them until the Nix regains aggro)."

Nightscream is an instance, and I don't believe flying pets (phoenix) can enter it (unless they changed something recently), so AoEing on Minions with a Nix is impossible.

Ah. I'll check and edit it then. Thanks ^^
    edited April 2009
    Impossible to AOE with a phoenix on nightscream.
    Its mentioned how to get source of force in the FAQ.
    I have to agree with Obssessed, though you did work hard, there should not be repeats of information already started. whether its condensed or boiling to the brim with detail, theres nothing here that isnt there... loyalty? theres no math to it... you feed a pet, get it to 500 loyalty, its loyal the end, meat -30 fine meat -60 martins -150 venison -200. etc etc. Quoting my "better quality" phrase obviously is an insinuation you do think its better ):. I just think you should leave the informing of people of these pets to the people who actually have them :|.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Impossible to AOE with a phoenix on nightscream.
    Its mentioned how to get source of force in the FAQ.
    I have to agree with Obssessed, though you did work hard, there should not be repeats of information already started.

Thanks for the info.
    And my stance on this is still the same Tear. I respect you and all but I pmed a Mod and she didn't have a problem with there being two of them. And you said in another guide to someone if they had a problem that they should make their own. I don't think mine is better but different.
    Trust me I'm an assertive person. If I thought my guide was better I would have no problems saying so. Different people want different things.
    As for the keeping the guides to the people who have them. You don't need a pet to know information on it. And there is information of people who do have the Pets in this guide.
    Please drop this. We keep saying the same things over and over. And it's getting old.
    There is a Veno FAQ sticky-ed and a Long Veno Guide. If there is room for two stickies than there is room for two Lengendary Pet guides.
    I'm keeping this guide updated I hope you don't have hard feelings because I don't however I stand by this.
    We can keep beating an old issue that's not going to change or do something productive.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hey neat! All the QQ means this thread gets all the attention and the other thread dissappears into obscurity. WOOT for harrassment!!

Side note, while AOE grind might not make as much XP as single target, is it cheaper because your using the same heals on the pet but tanking more mobs at once which are running into deflect? Is it cheaper to use an AOE attack on the whole group once its gathered than to cast spells at a single target? And finally is cheaper defined by less time spent on X mobs, or on less mana consumption?
    edited April 2009
    Hey neat! All the QQ means this thread gets all the attention and the other thread dissappears into obscurity. WOOT for harrassment!!

Side note, while AOE grind might not make as much XP as single target, is it cheaper because your using the same heals on the pet but tanking more mobs at once which are running into deflect? Is it cheaper to use an AOE attack on the whole group once its gathered than to cast spells at a single target? And finally is cheaper defined by less time spent on X mobs, or on less mana consumption?

noxious takes a fair share of MP to cast, and youll be heal spamming quite a bit. AOE leveling is ineffective and stupid, you cant kill fast enough. And if you dont kill fast you usually draw aggro if you dont have herc punch it a few times. AOEing in general is slow for any class, god even blade masters kill at a sucky rate.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    noxious takes a fair share of MP to cast, and youll be heal spamming quite a bit. AOE leveling is ineffective and stupid, you cant kill fast enough. And if you dont kill fast you usually draw aggro if you dont have herc punch it a few times. AOEing in general is slow for any class, god even blade masters kill at a sucky rate.

Your bias aside, is it cheaper mana wise to do it that way? Does the deflect from the herc make much difference in the mobs that are attacking it? Do you require LESS mana to attack 1 mob at a time? Does mana really matter at all for veno?
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009

I keep saying stop the QQing let's just drop it and keep it to information.
    That depends on your build and how big of a load you take when AOEing.
    If you have loads of MP. Than you aren't going to be worried that much about MP pots.

However let's say you didn't have a lot of MP. You are still going to be doing some serious spam healing (Because if you don't put a good enough amount of points into mag your pet heal isn't going to be that great) and putting in spells on top of that can be exhausting.

Also you will be doing more spam healing in AOE because your pet will lose health faster. Which means you will be burning more mana, if you take on a big AOE load. Than if you would have done a single kill at a time.

Once again your last question depends on your build. Less MP= More pots.
    If you have lots of MP. Than killing single blow by blow isn't even a problem. Your mana regen is much higher.

So depending on build and AOE load your answer could change.
    edited April 2009
    Hercs defense is so high, the deflection is barely noticable, let alone enough to keep aggro from a mag veno. normal mobs would deflect 200-300 dmg from herc compared to bosses who deflect 1-2k a hit... subtle difference. Noxious also has a fairly ineffective cooldown compared to how fast one can kill spamming ironwood + venomous.

Note if you tried to annoy the **** out of a zhen party, youd do more dmg nuking with venom than if you tried just AOEing them.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    my answer.. get both..duh oO b:chuckle
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    my answer.. get both..duh oO b:chuckle

I also agree. It would end the OMG which one to get decision. But some people have enough for both nor have the patience. However even with both it's nice to have something to refer to.

Even raising cash with the Herc is too slow for some people I hear. I don't see why though, if you are going to get something as good as a legendary Pet people should know that having patience is worth it.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    * Added two more sets of information

*If anyone has a Herc Level One Growth Cart I am trying to track it down. Thank you.
  • magicmagex
    magicmagex Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Good info.
    I want 2 start as a Veno cuz my friend say de make a lot of $$ but I don' now which is bst when it come to te pets.
    I now I wan to pk ppl. Can you pk ppl with a Herc?
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    magicmagex wrote: »
    Good info.
    I want 2 start as a Veno cuz my friend say de make a lot of $$ but I don' now which is bst when it come to te pets.
    I now I wan to pk ppl. Can you pk ppl with a Herc?
    You can pk with any pet if that is you are asking.
    But it is highly recommended that you don't attempt PVP/Pking with a Herc
    His attack and moving speed are not suited for it.
    I think you would be much better off with a nix, scorpion or sawfly.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Wow. Thanks for the sticky ^^
    * New information added = Supply Box info.
    Reaching lvl 80 gets you a Xmas blessing so happy grinding <3
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    4 more lls till I never have to feed my pet again...omg. :O
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    4 more lls till I never have to feed my pet again...omg. :O

Yay. Happy cracking that box