Real Players Just got screwed?!?

xrogzielx
xrogzielx Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Ok so now they "fixed" this Dragoon glitch, so they give like **** XP..thats good..however...i see no permabans on ppl that glitched...

So in other words those of us who didn't "glitch" (do something supposedly bannable a.k.a. cheat) simply lost out on free lvl 105?
Where's this "Hammer" they speak of to smash all these "no name", "3 day old" lvl 105's?b:angry

Next time there's a glitch like this..and there probably will be, why would ANYONE not do it?
They'd be stupid not to, just like the rest of us Real PWI players that didnt cheat on this Dragoon glitch. All we did was lose out on free lvl's...

Thanx PWI for making it fair...See u on the next glitch which i WON'T miss out on...b:victory
Post edited by xrogzielx on

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Point is PWI wasn't paying much attention to those lvling abnormal fast (like many other things) and now it's hard to say wich glitched and wich lvled honest... If they had payed a little more attention to it back then they could've banned them imidiatly thus actualy scaring other ppl to also abuse the glitch well... We need deeds, not words... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Morale: if there is a glitch EXPLOIT it, otherwise you will be considered a loser while every1 else is doing it without any penalty lol
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    No option for rolling back levels or other punishment? But yeah, thus far it seems we've been screwed b:cry
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    Lienna - Momaganon Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    xrogzielx wrote: »
    Ok so now they "fixed" this Dragoon glitch, so they give like **** XP..thats good..however...i see no permabans on ppl that glitched...

So in other words those of us who didn't "glitch" (do something supposedly bannable a.k.a. cheat) simply lost out on free lvl 105?
    Where's this "Hammer" they speak of to smash all these "no name", "3 day old" lvl 105's?b:angry

Next time there's a glitch like this..and there probably will be, why would ANYONE not do it?
    They'd be stupid not to, just like the rest of us Real PWI players that didnt cheat on this Dragoon glitch. All we did was lose out on free lvl's...

Thanx PWI for making it fair...See u on the next glitch which i WON'T miss out on...b:victory

a ban of all players that exploited the glitch will result in deserted servers, practically rendering the game dead instantly..
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    yea sorry those who glitched arent going to get banned....would be dumb on PW's part...oh wait maybe they will :p

sounds like the same old QQ and non-sense that surrounds how cash shoppers killed the game that has a cash shop in it O.O

QQ more b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Point is PWI wasn't paying much attention to those lvling abnormal fast (like many other things) and now it's hard to say wich glitched and wich lvled honest... If they had payed a little more attention to it back then they could've banned them imidiatly thus actualy scaring other ppl to also abuse the glitch well... We need deeds, not words... b:surrender

No is VERY easy. Every1 except few sins cheated. Because is impossible to get to lv. 105 other class than sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    a ban of all players that exploited the glitch will result in deserted servers, practically rendering the game dead instantly..
    You really believe that? They don't have to ban them. Just return them to level 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Perma banning everyone who touched goons would be stupid. Might as well close the game down then cause you won't have many people left, especially cash shoppers.

I'd rather see it left in as an option for 100+ players only. Because, let's face it: Gaining experience past 100 is ridiculous and there's no way you can hit 105 unless you devote your life towards it.

Idc about the people who glitched to 105. Why should I? It's their level. I'm not jealous because someone is higher than me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited November 2011
    The fact is, that is NO justice in this game. And PWI ever rewards cheaters and punish honest players, because GMs of this game are totally useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Perma banning everyone who touched goons would be stupid. Might as well close the game down then cause you won't have many people left, especially cash shoppers.

I'd rather see it left in as an option for 100+ players only. Because, let's face it: Gaining experience past 100 is ridiculous and there's no way you can hit 105 unless you devote your life towards it.

Idc about the people who glitched to 105. Why should I? It's their level. I'm not jealous because someone is higher than me lol
    You don't get it. You lost option to get to 105. And it's NOT fair for those who didn't cheat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    You don't get it. You lost option to get to 105. And it's NOT fair for those who didn't cheat.

And you gain what exactly from being 105? 25 more stat points and... a bigger e-peen?

t's pretty hyprocritic. You say you lost the option to gain 105 but you want to punish whoever did it. If you really want 105 that much, well, should have just glitched it.
    Crying now that you couldn't get 105 with a glitch is just stupid. You basically want to punish the people who used it cause you couldn't use it. Jealousy speaks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• facsimile
    facsimile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011

And you gain what exactly from being 105? 25 more stat points and... a bigger e-peen?

t's pretty hyprocritic. You say you lost the option to gain 105 but you want to punish whoever did it. If you really want 105 that much, well, should have just glitched it.
    Crying now that you couldn't get 105 with a glitch is just stupid. You basically want to punish the people who used it cause you couldn't use it. Jealousy speaks...

I agree with you Xainou. Sometimes there is too much complaining about stupid things in game forums. Sure it was a glitch and people maxed out their levels on the glitch, but why cry over their fortune just because you missed out doing it? I have no characters over 81 myself but I don't begrudge those who took advantage of the glitch. Anyone could have if they so wanted too. Besides it didn't truely become wrong untill the GM's fixed the glitch.
    edited November 2011

I wrote lot of time.
    1. You don't loose experience any more.
    2. You can have a much better genie with affinity points.
    3. You have 20 more points more than others. Which is quite a lot.
    If this is not important for you, for me it is.

No jealousy speak. It's speak of JUSTICE for all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    facsimile wrote: »
    I agree with you Xainou. Sometimes there is too much complaining about stupid things in game forums. Sure it was a glitch and people maxed out their levels on the glitch, but why cry over their fortune just because you missed out doing it? I have no characters over 81 myself but I don't begrudge those who took advantage of the glitch. Anyone could have if they so wanted too. Besides it didn't truely become wrong untill the GM's fixed the glitch.

So if you steal something in real life, because you had opportunity, it's ok?
    BTW. Why you are hidden behind pillar. Or you are also glitcher. Why you have to hide your character?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    So you want the cake for yourself while banning others who did it. Makes sense. lol
    Should have just glitched then...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    facsimile wrote: »
    Besides it didn't truely become wrong untill the GM's fixed the glitch.

I don't know what game you are playing.... but it became wrong when it was told to be a bannable offense. Which was right when it started being abused.

I personally don't condone breaking the law, whether in game or out. It would be very nice if they would give the honest people a way to level to 105 so easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited November 2011
    So you want the cake for yourself while banning others who did it. Makes sense. lol
    Not for myself. For other honor players. When you get it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I said it when the bug was live and I'll say it now.

Ban everyone who is 105.

Then you can do a case by case on the 4 or 5 people who got it legitimately.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I don't know what game you are playing.... but it became wrong when it was told to be a bannable offense. Which was right when it started being abused.

I personally don't condone breaking the law, whether in game or out. It would be very nice if they would give the honest people a way to level to 105 so easily.

It's called Frost....with hypers x12.....

I mean I know as a veno you should be able to solo that right b:question
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omgwtfl0l
    omgwtfl0l Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    banning all ppl, who abused this glitch is stupid, just set their lvl back to 101
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    I said it should be a legit way past 100+ ... Learn to read b:worried

Perma bans won't happen...

All I see now is "OMG they're 105 now, I want too."
    I don't get the crying...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I voted for the perma-ban, but more in a way that I think there should be some kind of punishment for exploit. Perma-ban, however, just is not an option. Most of the one glitched to 105 are the big cashshoppers and/or the long-time players that tw etc. Ban them all, and the population will shrink a lot, they won't get anywhere near the $ they had before and tw will be even more dead then it is already.

In a way I do agree with you, but still think there should be a punishment for the exploit. Especially the obvious exploit. Since that Core Connect thing keeps track on lvling time (so they do keep track on exp gain), and since it's very easy to determine a max amount of experience per day, it's not hard to find at least the obvious glitchers. Also, several glitched up a few alts just as key collectors. There is a money gain involved in glitching.

I'd be for a reset of lvl, maybe like -10 lvls. When saying this, I heard remarks like "they are still 90s" etc, but got to be realistic and try to find a way to punish without them running away or rage quit directly. I also consider a punishment for the part till 90, as sending a kid to prison for stealing candy. It's just way to easy already to powerlvl to 100... It's only after 100 goons made a real difference.

If you "de-lvl" them, they become obviously known as glitchers which will hurt their e-peen (that is the biggest punishment for most of them for sure), can't use their r9 stuff for a while, might find them selves crushed in a tw or 2, and they won't be able to collect keys on all their alts for 99 runs.
    edited November 2011
    I voted for the perma-ban, but more in a way that I think there should be some kind of punishment for exploit. Perma-ban, however, just is not an option. Most of the one glitched to 105 are the big cashshoppers and/or the long-time players that tw etc. Ban them all, and the population will shrink a lot, they won't get anywhere near the $ they had before and tw will be even more dead then it is already.

In a way I do agree with you, but still think there should be a punishment for the exploit. Especially the obvious exploit. Since that Core Connect thing keeps track on lvling time, and since it's very easy to determine a max amount of experience per day (so they do keep track on exp gain), it's not hard to find at least the obvious glitchers. Also, several glitched up a few alts just as key collectors. There is a money gain involved in glitching.

I'd be for a reset of lvl, maybe like -10 lvls. When saying this, I heard remarks like "they are still 90s" etc, but got to be realistic and try to find a way to punish without them running away or rage quit directly. I also consider a punishment for the part till 90, as sending a kid to prison for stealing candy. It's just way to easy already to powerlvl to 100... It's only after 100 goons made a real difference.

If you "de-lvl" them, they become obviously known as glitchers which will hurt their e-peen (that is the biggest punishment for most of them for sure), can't use their r9 stuff for a while, might find them selves crushed in a tw or 2, and they won't be able to collect keys on all their alts for 99 runs.

I agree. In pool is missing option to reduce their levels. That's the right punishment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Id just drop everyone who went past 103 during the glitch time to 102.

Id feel sorry for the few legits, but simply explain whose fault it is and let them go perma KoS the glitchers. Id rather **** off 10-20 legit players and punusih virtually all the glitchers than leave everyone who didnt abuse it in the dust.

And for people saying it doesnt matter, it really does, expecially on PvP servers. Theres no point playing a sin if you arnt at least 104 now and everyone gains enough stat points to genuinely make a difference.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011

No, but if I pay for my coca-cola you better believe I dislike shoplifters who get away with just stealing their own coke. Doesn't matter if i could have stolen a coke too, that's not the point. It's not jealousy, it's the fact that it was stolen and that I've been punished for their actions while they get off scott free. They've shoplifted levels so to speak, so people who feel as though glitchers should be banned have the right to get irritated if PWI doesn't punish them glitchers. And it has cost the ones who didn't glitch; higher costs incurred for finding squads, suckier genies, for those that PK lower defenses, weaker attacks, higher opportunity costs in every instance (stronger attacks means faster runs, and those maybe 5 minutes they save add up), etc. Personally, I don't think it would be that hard to figure out who glitched at least as far as the people who were reported because they world chatted it.

As for permabanning, that might be too harsh. I personally would ban them for the amount of time it would take them to have legitimately earned those levels had they lived in frost and hypered the big room + dragoons past the heads, 10 times a day everyday. I'd also add an additional day for every nirvana key they had on glitched to 100 alts from the time they first started gaining massive exp. That way they'd only be banned for the amount of time it would take to gain everything legitimately. Also, I personally don't buy the whole "the whole server would be dead" thing, cuz I know tons of people who didn't glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It's called Frost....with hypers x12.....

I mean I know as a veno you should be able to solo that right b:question

It isn't my veno I'm trying to level atm so the point is moot. And no, my archer cannot solo FF. Not that it would be a legitimate comparison regardless to those that abused the dragoon glitch... they can get there in a couple days (or less); soloing FF (not as a sin) would take far, far longer and require you to spend all day every day in there. I don't want to give up my life for 105, I just want an option as easy as all the cheaters had if there is going to be no punishment.

Personally, I say just return dragoon exp back to normal and make the glitch legal for everyone. That would be the fair thing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And why the ef you say people MISSED on glitching? People simply didn`t do it BECAUSE it was announced as a fu cking bannable offense, otherwise we would have way more 105`s, PWI is ran by money-hungry monkeys, and now we can see clearly that you will not get punished by any violation of the TOS or newly - discovered glitches.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My question is, why do nubs still put any stake whatsoever on a person's level? Level itself doesn't matter so much as gear does.

The only REAL benefit to 105(aside from sin class) imho was the affinities on the genie, which, thanks to gooning in the first place, high LP(aside from 91+) genies became very easily affordable to the masses.

What were you all complaining about?
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    get over yourselves...the people who used the glitch paid for the hypers, paid for the gear and paid for the repairs, they didnt run up to you on the street and steel your ice cream...

there were several legit players who reached lvl 104 prior to glitching...

all this rage, go get laid or something

oh wait b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i wonder if they started banning ppl for goonz they should also bann all those ppl who GLITCHED medals to get rank9 will that happen no so ppl should stop complaining its getting just to stupid now every day a new tread about this or have every1 banned who has a 69 cape cuz no1 has legit got that 1 yet without abusing a squad exploid
    BTW where is the option IDC cuz thats what i do ther eisnt a big dif in 101-105 maybe on pve server its bigged but pvp not much
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game