• Blood_Junky - Harshlands
    Blood_Junky - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    WE OWN!
    No you don't.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well my BM isn't amazingly geared by any means. I have 10k hp with TW gears and like 8.5k with interval gears. I found one Seeker that was at least entertaining to fight and wasn't just a pushover, and it happened to be Subterranean. He was able to kill me a couple of times, one with an Ion Spike crit for 5k and other was just auto attacked through my magic marrow after my bell was off when I was too focused on getting 2 sparks back to do DBB (damn CC nerf). He had Barb buffs so I couldn't get through his charm with plain auto attack so I had to resort to work DBB into stunlock. I saw his weapon was R8+7 or something but didn't really see what refine he had on armor. I haven't seen him around lately and would like to fight him more.

Just watched Subterranean fight JasonPoritt a few times yesterday. His gear may be decent, but he doesn't know how to play his class one bit. I feel ashamed that he calls himself the king of Seekers on our server.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well my BM isn't amazingly geared by any means. I have 10k hp with TW gears and like 8.5k with interval gears. I found one Seeker that was at least entertaining to fight and wasn't just a pushover, and it happened to be Subterranean. He was able to kill me a couple of times, one with an Ion Spike crit for 5k and other was just auto attacked through my magic marrow after my bell was off when I was too focused on getting 2 sparks back to do DBB (damn CC nerf). He had Barb buffs so I couldn't get through his charm with plain auto attack so I had to resort to work DBB into stunlock. I saw his weapon was R8+7 or something but didn't really see what refine he had on armor. I haven't seen him around lately and would like to fight him more.

How did you die to +7 R8 auto attack? With 8.5k HP.... My BM's at 7.9k and undoubtedly has lower Pdef/Mdef and I survive +6 R8 auto attack with ease. My old BM was 7.85k but had higher Pdef/Mdef than my current one and there weren't any Seekers on DW that were even able to phase me really.. there was only one, but he only ever beat me once out of the like 3 or 4 fights we had lol

DD let's play sins! And be super OP! and kill Seekers from stealth! :D
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011

eh, between def charms demon Bell and mag marrow spam+TE + charm + sutra power orbs + stuns + geni I've yet to find a seeker on sanc that can drop my bm (just under 11k hp in interval gear 10k self buffed phys and mag def)

Mabey with a GOF weapon vs my mage things will be different but for now I'm still unimpressed

and on buffed opponents I find its easier to just stunlock + purge pole than to try to spark skill through their def, that or wood pot>drake bash>HF>auto>OI>auto
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lootreturns - Lost City
    Lootreturns - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    if you are a veno fight a seeker 1shot kill if u are a elf one shot if you are a assasin in far range 0 shot kill
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    How did you die to +7 R8 auto attack? With 8.5k HP.... My BM's at 7.9k and undoubtedly has lower Pdef/Mdef and I survive +6 R8 auto attack with ease. My old BM was 7.85k but had higher Pdef/Mdef than my current one and there weren't any Seekers on DW that were even able to phase me really.. there was only one, but he only ever beat me once out of the like 3 or 4 fights we had lol

DD let's play sins! And be super OP! and kill Seekers from stealth! :D

I had Marrow on and my Bell went off. I was being a careless noob. Pretty sure it won't happen again.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    some people make me laugh

1st seekers have longest stun in game at 38 metres void step sage
    2nd 3 anti stuns
    3rd 50% to evade status effects

ok gemini isnt needed uslesss ur fighting a barb or a bm

to fight a sin - if fighting a sin cast sage unfetter on the count down

the below combo takes 3 seconds no stun needed

blade affinity > arme nir or heartseeker (to debuff) > gemini (opens the debuff) > game over

average attack of the combo 20k who needs aps

for those saying im interval there easy not really and tbh when u can make 25k damage in a spark its require no skill

go fight real seekers not power leveled fail
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Just watched Subterranean fight JasonPoritt a few times yesterday. His gear may be decent, but he doesn't know how to play his class one bit. I feel ashamed that he calls himself the king of Seekers on our server.

Found Sub at guild base quest today. Killed him a few times. He got close one time when he triple sparked + vac powder, but other than that, it wasn't very impressive. He's got 4 or 5 pieces of +10 Nirvana with 3 jades on each so he's actually better geared than my BM.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    some people make me laugh

1st seekers have longest range stun in game at 38 metres void step sage but its cool down is pathetic making it nearly useless
    2nd 3 anti stuns 40% hp one is useless others last for less tome than fortify
    3rd 50% to evade status effects only in some skills at some times under a specific cultivation

ok gemini isnt needed uslesss ur fighting a barb or a bm
    Anyone else laugh at this?

to fight a sin - if fighting a sin cast sage unfetter on the count down

the below combo takes 3 seconds no stun needed

blade affinity > arme nir or heartseeker (to debuff) > gemini (opens the debuff) > game over
    lol...god this is what every single seeker on my server trys, bounces off my mostly +7 bm for 3-4k with mag marrow on

average attack of the combo 20k who needs aps

for those saying im interval there easy not really and tbh when u can make 25k damage in a spark its require no skill
    Its not "I'm interval its easy" its "I'm a class with real control skills and kiting skills seekers are easy"

go fight real seekers not power leveled fail

If a seeker ever figures out how to 12 sec stun with an IG or transfer fortify onto me I might actually care
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Nine seconds of seal for the opponent and nine seconds of physical immunity is almost as useful with transferring expel. And unfortunately, you can't transfer positive buffs to allies, so the fortify thing wouldn't work. Although I have fortified get the magic defense debuff and escape a stun lock before transferring that.

And Oke, when a Seeker on HL actually learns how to play their class and gets some gear, maybe you'll find a challenge. But until then, you'll have to suffer bias from seeing multiple R8 Seekers auto-attacking with interval gear/relentless courage and fighting with the Soulsever stance on for the entirety of the fight, only to try to land a gemini from point-blank range while getting hit four times a second.

On a slightly different note, both of the Seeker 100 skills are quite useful in PvP, and I've only seen ONE Seeker on our entire server with either of them.

Also, I had a very good fight with Lelouch in Secret Passage the other day. We spent about 30-40 minutes (not exaggerating) going back and forth with ticking each other's charms and not being able to kill each other; unfortunately I didn't have my Jones' blessing at the time, so I wasn't able to switch it in and out like I normally do in 1v1s. He killed me once with a demon spark occult because I waited too long to expel it, but eventually we just stopped fighting because it was a waste of charm. (300k from one fight is a bit ridiculous, I must admit.) I'm almost sure that if we had been on an equal gear level I would've killed him with relative ease (7k HP TT90 with a lunar weapon vs 10k HP Nirvana and + ? Striking Dragons is lol), but I suppose I shouldn't speculate much until that day comes.
    edited October 2011

voidstep works with 100 skill auto cooldown so 2x stuns and 2 sprinting anti stuns not useless huh

how is 40% heal and anti effect useless

the "gemini" was a typo its was early morning i ment edged blur

heartshatter alone will hit ur bm over 3-4k (dont give me oh magic marrow cause if u read down the line i countered it with gemini) as now ur phys weak

unfetter anti stun run back heartshatter (look 7 seconds immob) Voidstep HP off heartshatter what exactly are u controling if i can also stun lock ?

as i said fight real seekers
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Don't try and type anything that you think is pro in a game that relies almost entirely on luck for almost entirely everything (including your base damage range on which all of your attacks are calculated). Its just lol. "Use this combo and you MIGHT kill somebody" "do this and you MIGHT live"
    LMFAO b:victory
    PWI b:bye
    edited October 2011
    Don't try and type anything that you think is pro in a game that relies almost entirely on luck for almost entirely everything (including your base damage range on which all of your attacks are calculated). Its just lol. "Use this combo and you MIGHT kill somebody" "do this and you MIGHT live"
    LMFAO b:victory

luck and practice are one of the same, i type from experience i dont copy paste other ideas i have heard.

kinda like the way i know how to put a combo together to make a seeker 4.00 for a short time with no intel equipment, some people will know this those who don't im sorry.
  • RangerFEAR - Lost City
    RangerFEAR - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Lol, I will put my word into this. I find seekers to be very legit opponents, I come by seldom seekers that I can kill without 3 sparking them, mostly because they have a charm and HP pots and +10 refinements, but that is besides the point. Stun lock works great, if you wanna just tick them. If the seeker has 70 or so defence levels and 15k unbuffed HP, you have no choice but to 3 spark through the charm, sometimes even that won't do the trick, because they can just Domain or us that other skill that seals them and makes them phys immune. Average seekers though, are fairly easy to kill. Just stun them, hope for a domain, and stun them again, cyclone heel, ice, and it's about it. The best method for fighting a seeker if you're a bm is magic marrow and spam demon buff. Unless you are super OP, aps are the only real way to kill a tank seeker, if the seeker has low HP and is just all about str, they die fairly quick. I have a lvl 91 seeker who has done decent against some very high level opponents, I love how you can trap players into a bind and just destroy them. I respect seeker's PvP capability, most of my fights with them last 10 minutes or so. xD
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011

voidstep works with 100 skill auto cooldown so 2x stuns and 2 sprinting anti stuns not useless huh

how is 40% heal and anti effect useless

the "gemini" was a typo its was early morning i ment edged blur

heartshatter alone will hit ur bm over 3-4k (dont give me oh magic marrow cause if u read down the line i countered it with gemini) as now ur phys weak

unfetter anti stun run back heartshatter (look 7 seconds immob) Voidstep HP off heartshatter what exactly are u controling if i can also stun lock ?

as i said fight real seekers

so the same thing ever seeker on sanc try's on my bm. Ya it dosent work when the bm sits there with 12k mag and phys def along with 10k hp and just tanks your damage knowing you simply don't have what it takes to break the naturally high phys def mag def and charms+geni+pots+apoths.

Plus if (ok when) said bm ever closes to mele range you'll never move again, period, you'll just die in lock.

Seriously you haven't even listed the good tricks here
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    What's this transfer IG ****? PM me josh.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    BMs also don't hit hard enough on Seekers to kill them through charms/pots/genie. Even excluding apoth, because that's not needed. It doesn't matter if you can stun lock me all day if you can't kill me, and you can't stun lock me all day because I have an instant anti-stun and fortify.

I currently have 7k HP and 55 defense levels along with 8.5k phys defense in TT90ish gear, and +10 striking dragons hit me for ~300 per hit. Which means through my charm, you'd have to deal 10.5k damage in ten seconds to kill me, when crabs are restoring ~3500 per ten seconds.

Theoretically, let's say this +10 Striking Dragon BM averages, including crits, 1.5k damage per second. That means he or she would need anywhere between 8-10 seconds of pure DPS unsparked to kill me, and there's no way that I would let that happen between an instant anti-stun, fortify, expel, kiting, and apoths if you want to count them. And most Seekers at 100+ should have better gear than I do, so it'd be even harder to kill them.

It's definitely possible for a BM to do via sparking, but a smart Seeker wouldn't waste all of his escape options to enable the BM to lock him during a spark. In the aspect of countering control skills, it's a lot like fighting Sins. (Although there are not many smart Seekers out there at this point; at least not on my server.) And tbh, killing a 10k HP BM would probably not be too difficult with a +10 weapon, so either your server is like mine and nobody knows how to play their class, or you're fighting Seekers who aren't on any type of equivalent gear level with you.

When a BM with equivalent gear to me can even come CLOSE to killing me, I'll consider the fact that BMs may have some potential in this matchup. But at this point every TT90ish BM with whatever refine Deicides just gets rolled, and most of the Striking Dragon/Nirvana hybrid BMs with mediocre refines on their armor can't kill me before I kill them, and I'm a partial vit build with a +6 lunar weapon.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    BMs also don't hit hard enough on Seekers to kill them through charms/pots/genie. Even excluding apoth, because that's not needed. It doesn't matter if you can stun lock me all day if you can't kill me, and you can't stun lock me all day because I have an instant anti-stun and fortify.

+12 claws purge pole and wood pots, can drop +11 full JOSD seekers

I currently have 7k HP and 55 defense levels along with 8.5k phys defense in TT90ish gear, and +10 striking dragons hit me for ~300 per hit. Which means through my charm, you'd have to deal 10.5k damage in ten seconds to kill me, when crabs are restoring ~3500 per ten seconds.

lol

Theoretically, let's say this +10 Striking Dragon BM averages, including crits, 1.5k damage per second. That means he or she would need anywhere between 8-10 seconds of pure DPS unsparked to kill me, and there's no way that I would let that happen between an instant anti-stun, fortify, expel, kiting, and apoths if you want to count them. And most Seekers at 100+ should have better gear than I do, so it'd be even harder to kill them.

AE blade HF>OI>claw works well after a seek like you blows their metaphorical load with antistuns

It's definitely possible for a BM to do via sparking, but a smart Seeker wouldn't waste all of his escape options to enable the BM to lock him during a spark. In the aspect of countering control skills, it's a lot like fighting Sins. (Although there are not many smart Seekers out there at this point; at least not on my server.) And tbh, killing a 10k HP BM would probably not be too difficult with a +10 weapon, so either your server is like mine and nobody knows how to play their class, or you're fighting Seekers who aren't on any type of equivalent gear level with you.

No your just playing a stacked deck.

When a BM with equivalent gear to me can even come CLOSE to killing me, I'll consider the fact that BMs may have some potential in this matchup. But at this point every TT90ish BM with whatever refine Deicides just gets rolled, and most of the Striking Dragon/Nirvana hybrid BMs with mediocre refines on their armor can't kill me before I kill them, and I'm a partial vit build with a +6 lunar weapon.

The day i see a lunar sword actually kill a bm is the day I post an SS on the bm forum and ask for an official excommunication of that chunk of fail from the ranks

blah blab blah 10 chars
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    PM me josh damn it! And Zeon, I'll show you how +10 TT100 fists can drop you, no sparking.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    PM me josh damn it! And Zeon, I'll show you how +10 TT100 fists can drop you, no sparking.

I did hobag >.>

and if +10 tt 100 2x gem fists cant drop a tt 90 seeker at 4 aps base...thats just sad

Lemme see

assuming 7k average base phys attack and 20% crit on the bm at 4.0 and 63% (the phys def of a tt 90 armor seeker) phys reduction on the seeker

edit: left out jones the first time around, It comes out to 2.4k DPS after resists on the seeker soooo 4.4 seconds to kill it. Not even one stun.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    "Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 72."

I'm also only 3.33 b:chuckle.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    "Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 72."

I'm also only 3.33 b:chuckle.

tried sending again just pm me if this time fails and I'll reply
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    I did hobag >.>

and if +10 tt 100 2x gem fists cant drop a tt 90 seeker at 4 aps base...thats just sad

Lemme see

assuming 7k average base phys attack and 20% crit on the bm at 4.0 and 63% (the phys def of a tt 90 armor seeker) phys reduction on the seeker

Lolwut? I just made a random BM build with +12 TT100 fists with two Drakeflames in them and didn't get an average attack that high.

edit: left out jones the first time around, It comes out to 2.4k DPS after resists on the seeker soooo 4.4 seconds to kill it. Not even one stun.

Herpderp, math time. My damage reduction in my character sheet says 68%, and I have an extra 4% reduction from my mold cape and mold wrists.

Assuming that this +10 4APS TT100 fist BM with two garnet gems in his fists average attack is 5700 unsparked..
    Firstly, we can drop that down to 5700/4 since all PvP has a 75% damage reduction.

5700/4 = 1425
    Then we factor in my pdefense and gear reduction.
    physical damage delivered = damage dealt * ( 1 - defense reduction% ) * ( 1 - total physical damage reduction from equipment% )
    physical damage delivered = 1425 * ( 1 - .04 ) * ( 1 - .68 ) = 1425 * .96 * .32 = 437.76

That's the amount of damage he or she would be doing if we both had no attack levels or defense levels.

Assuming this BM has on a Jones' blessing and I have my typical 55 defense levels..
    If ( attack level < defense level ) then:

damage taken = damage delivered / ( 1 + ( 1.2 * ( defense level - attack level ) / 100 ) )
    damage taken = 437.76 / ( 1 + ( 1.2 * ( 55 - 30 ) / 100 ) )
    damage taken = 437.76 / ( 1.3 ) = 336.74

So, this BM would be averaging 337 damage on me per hit. I'll give you an edge and say he or she crits on me once per second. At 4APS, that means..
    337*4 = 1348 average damage per second without crits
    337*5 = 1685 average damage per second if there's a crit every second
    7k HP + charm = 10.5k HP from a full bar
    10.5k/1685 = 6.2 seconds without any crabs.
    A little more than a full stun, and this is assuming this BM hits pretty hard within their attack range and has a 25% crit rate. I'd be able to give more accurate data if I actually had a legit BM build that you guys presented to me, but for now it'll stay like this.

ANYWAY, my point wasn't that a +10 TT100 fisted BM with two garnets couldn't kill me. My point was that from a general standpoint, BMs equally geared and equally skilled to Seekers will lose to them. I would be AMAZED if you could find me a BM on HL with +6 Deicides and equivalent gear to me who could beat me in some fair 1v1s. Quite amazed, to be honest. There are some +10 TT100 BMs on our server who can probably kill me; however, for the most part, I kill them first if they don't have super good defense/refines.

Okeano, I've heard and seen that you're a wonderful BM and I would love to fight you. But I don't think I could do much damage at all to you right now with your current gear, and the time it takes me to kill my opponent or vice versa does factor in. If you want to do a test run or so that doesn't involve ticking more than 100k of my charm, then I'm open to it. Other than that I don't see much of a point.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    I'll admit that once a Seeker gets R9 with full jades, a BM would have a very hard time killing it with current fists available, if not straight up impossible, if the Seeker has a DEX genie. This realization came from me hitting 100-150 with my fists on a self buffed R9 BM with jades. But vs a demon BM with full jades, Seeker is unlikely to kill it either so it's probably a draw.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Take away bell and marrow, add forty defense levels, and you've got yourself a Seeker.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Okeano you shoudl roll a seeker and learn how to be beast at it. that way harshlands has a seeker with decent gear who actually thinks when they pvp.

wtb a seeker that isnt a one shot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Well, if you fund me money for some decent gear, then it'll be two.
    At this point, I'll take my donation in raptures or coins.. Either that, or I'll accept either of the two 100 skills that Seekers have available. 8D
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Stuff

Weird because my deicide bm's min phys attack with claws is over 7k.

And god no, please god no do not give me your specific stats or w/e formula you dug up, ffs I already know them and used an accurate version in my post.

Point being http://pwcalc.com/ac42e8ac69f6251a Here ya go use better rings next time, sky cover, rank8 band of H jail, rank 9, and even COA/PQ 3 rings modded for +20 phys attack via engraving will easily put the build above 7k average attack. So as I was saying dead in one stun (you cant hit crab meat stunned....)

reduced phys damage taken stacks seperately of phys def as does def level

So ya, 1 stun to drop a tt 90 geared seeker

Bm's can barely kill archers mages and god damn venos with full rank 9 JOSD much less other heavies its like their weapons are gimped at grade 13 or something.

and for the love of god no please never ever compare bm's and seekers even based only on armor type the play stlye required for each class factors more into survivability than the defensive skills to in many ways.

Seekers will be a faceroll class when given full rank 9, before that they suck.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    I did factor in the damage reduction from the gear separately from the defense level reduction, derp.

And obviously, the playstyle will affect the survivability. I wasn't comparing BM survivability to Seeker survivability, I was comparing his average damage output on an R9 BM to what it would be on an R9 Seeker in very general terms.

And to be honest, even if a BM could kill me in one stun worth of DPS, if I could kill them within a reasonable amount of time, it wouldn't matter. I'm not going to sit there and get stunlocked and APS'd to death. I'm going to kite.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I did factor in the damage reduction from the gear separately from the defense level reduction, derp.

And obviously, the playstyle will affect the survivability. I wasn't comparing BM survivability to Seeker survivability, I was comparing his average damage output on an R9 BM to what it would be on an R9 Seeker in very general terms.

And to be honest, even most BM's can kill me in one stun worth of DPS, if I could kill them within a reasonable amount of time, it wouldn't matter because they can run up hit Oi and punch me in the face. I'm not going to sit there and get stunlocked and APS'd to death. I'm going to kite.

And once you gear up to the point the bm needs 2 stuns or eventually an apoc/2 spark skill replace "bm" with "sin" or "Rank 9 archers and mages" above.

My issue with seekers is my issue with barbs, sure they're hard to kill when they're geared to the teeth, but unless its full rank 9 there's almost no threat of you actually dieing even if they do kite. I honestly have more fear of a skilled +5 rank 8 archer than a skilled +10 rank 8 seeker. similar damage (though without the spike of gemini oh no) more range and more control skills and antistuns

Its not impossible to kill another class as a seeker however theres an inherent and massive disadvantage versus every other class. Its ok bm's are in the same boat these days sadly. So yes I'm sure your thuper pro but the class is **** balls