[Emergency Server Maintenance] 9-14-2011 11pm PDT [COMPLETE]

Comments

• HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh I wanted the 11 stars on Friday, but oh well. Franky do you feel disgusted with yourself when you give us these excuses, or is it you think we're absolutely stupid? We're not your dolls, if you bring them back at a single silver more I won't buy any.The only thing that bothers me is that when pwi screws up like this (Every week) It's the really rich who always benefit. While the rest of us get the giant middle finger from your customer service.

P.s i'm in a ghost faction now, an actual problem caused by fixing your fictional one, you clowns b:heart
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Frankie, I'm insulted you think I or anyone here is that stupid. You guys didn't put an end date on that sale and now I see why. Your tactics are pathetic and down right offensive.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wasn't there like a million threads complaining how damaging +12 orbs were? Now that they're gone people still aren't happy b:sad
  • Barbapapa - Harshlands
    Barbapapa - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm quite sure they were taken out because someone messed up somewhere because Harshlands server has seen 10 Love: Up and Down tomes in AH in the last 10 days, all for 200m set price. So someone has been duplicating items. I figure the GMs found out after we filed a ticket and instead of fixing it immediately just removed the orbs because they feared if someone was able to dupe scrolls they'd also be able to dupe +12 Orbs, pretty much destroying the economy some more, though I am quite sure PWE is capable of doing that themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wasn't there like a million threads complaining how damaging +12 orbs were? Now that they're gone people still aren't happy b:sad

A lot of the damage has to do with the duration of the sale.

A month long sale or another long period of time? No biggie. Price will decrease with time, everyone can afford some.
    One week? Kind of a biggie, for sure.
    One day? Oh yeah, now it's a huge biggie.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • __Zodiark__ - Archosaur
    __Zodiark__ - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    this fact name glitch has to be fixed before tw bids end b:nosebleed
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I'm quite sure they were taken out because someone messed up somewhere because Harshlands server has seen 10 Love: Up and Down tomes in AH in the last 10 days, all for 200m set price. So someone has been duplicating items. I figure the GMs found out after we filed a ticket and instead of fixing it immediately just removed the orbs because they feared if someone was able to dupe scrolls they'd also be able to dupe +12 Orbs, pretty much destroying the economy some more, though I am quite sure PWE is capable of doing that themselves.

Wondered what those scrolls (and prices) were all about....

WOOO GO HARSHLANDS!!! WE BREAK SALES AND SERVERS AND DON'T GIVE A ****! WOOOOOOOOO~~
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2011

all i read was up and down for 200m..
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Orb sale = bad idea
    Orbs removed after 24 hours = huge fking imbalancing idea

BTW does this mean If I run around Archo with the +11 orb I have I will leave a wake of people DCing ? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wreckbot2
    wreckbot2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    think all deserve a chance at the orb sale and "maybe" Give proper notification for when the sale will end if only for a very limited time.
    Only way to save face, if there is a face? then idk what i'm talking about
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Patch Notes Version 564
    Released September 15, 2011

Client Instability
    We were getting reports of client instability and found that it was related to the Dragon Orb Mirage and Dragon Orb Flame. To rectify this, these items have been removed from the boutique.

lmao ..dam u guys must really have a bad opinion about u'r player base...not even a 5yo would buy that... thx god i am not playing this game anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Suggestion to fix factionless problem..
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1187071 b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Lucretius - Dreamweaver
    Lucretius - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I feel... like... well... the majority of us rather should feel appreciative to the actions and measure that PWI takes to make us feel so welcomed and valued to their game.

In favour of their position, let's say indirectly it could be traced to the orbs being the cause. Really, just reading that alone. Let me re-read that statement. Yea, no. Not happening. That's like saying my brother's friend's mother's sister's cousin's aunt's son's grandpa's wife made me stick my finger up my bum.

How about cut the **** and tell us what's really going on. A transparent company lasts hell of a lot longer and has hell of a better reputation than one that feeds these lies to their customers.

No, I didn't stick my finger up my bum, though PWI might push me there.

On a side note, not that many really care, but my condolences to the hard working farmers who liquidated their assets to put millions coins into the gold auction to have a shot at the orbs. Unfortunately, you're stucked with high priced gold in which at the end of the day still is worth just, nothing more of 1 gold, or in my personal case, 70 gold. So close to picking up a pack of those orbs, yet so far.
  • oldhippie
    oldhippie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Patch Notes Version 564
    Released September 15, 2011

Client Instability
    We were getting reports of client instability and found that it was related to the Dragon Orb Mirage and Dragon Orb Flame. To rectify this, these items have been removed from the boutique.

Gonna have to call BS on this. The orb sale didn't have end date so they were planning on ending it when a quota was reached. How many times have boutique items been added/taken away without maintenance?

Then to blame it as client instability makes the coverup more lame. Fixes take months coming from china but by some miracle the US has been able to cure this in hours...

LMAO
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Make's it even more laughable that during all these months there has never been an Emergency Maint to fix or at least close FF due to the glitch. Wonder why b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stone - Raging Tide
    Stone - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    oldhippie wrote: »
    Gonna have to call BS on this. The orb sale didn't have end date so they were planning on ending it when a quota was reached. How many times have boutique items been added/taken away without maintenance?

Then to blame it as client instability makes the coverup more lame. Fixes take months coming from china but by some miracle the US has been able to cure this in hours...

LMAO

+1 .....

Did you really expect us to buy that excuse PWI? Really did you?
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Due to an critical issue that may cause a client crash, we need to perform emergency server maintenance in about 90 minutes. Sorry about the inconvenience, and we'll get the servers back up as soon as humanly possible.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

Well Damn the lies of this company made my client magically uninstall.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Actually the same thing happened on Raging Tide, i just chalked it up to Anni packs, but now that one guy was selling 7 scroll of tomes...

Now seems fishy

1. Open anni pack

2. Buy 12 star orb from boutique

3. Receive scroll of tome

Ahh, that was just a joke btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's so weird that golden egg's haven't been removed or were even calculated into the cause for the dc's and lag, wouldn't you say? =]
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    People were closing the clients due to rage of the sale and PWI took it as "crashing" b:laugh
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    It's so weird that golden egg's haven't been removed or were even calculated into the cause for the dc's and lag, wouldn't you say? =]

We better play it safe and remove the Boutique altogether. It's unstable; especially it's prices.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    People were closing the clients due to rage of the sale and PWI took it as "crashing" b:laugh

^b:chuckle
  • Revalen - Raging Tide
    Revalen - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Actually the same thing happened on Raging Tide, i just chalked it up to Anni packs, but now that one guy was selling 7 scroll of tomes...

Now seems fishy

1. Open anni pack

2. Buy 12 star orb from boutique

3. Receive scroll of tome

Ahh, that was just a joke btw.

I actually laughed (and I'm not trolling =p)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm still trying to figure out how an item in the boutique causes the client to crash. I never open the boutique, but my client has been crashing like crazy with no error since the patch two weeks ago when they fubared SP.
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How to fix the Q_Q in forums?

Bring the Sale back till next Wednesday.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Dear PWI,

You are in violation of your own ToS.

Thou shall not use a bug or an exploit to benefit yourself or another player.
    Your "crash-prone" 1 day sale that suddenly ended before the normal time just gave an incredibly unfair advantage to those that use their credit cards to obtain what others get through days of farming.

Making a sale that was meant to last 1 week, last 1 day, leads me to believe you purposely created this bug to benefit those players that have obtained with less than 100 gold, what they can now re-sell for twice the current gold market value in coins, in probably all servers.

This of course will go unpunished and without a solution, unless it hopefully comes from our Chinese devs, 6-8 months from now, just like the medal of glory exploit, the frostcovered exploit and the never-ending list of bugs that are yet to be fixed, disregarding the number of times you yourselves have stressed for a change, "soon". I still have to ask for the following:

If you would please be so kind as to ban yourselves, and while you're at it, maybe, get us some real GMs in the process, you know, those that will do more than just give us the default corporate answer to our tickets. Those that will care for us to know what will happen in the world championship rather than just make a qualifying round a week before gathering us up, an never telling those that won what to expect in china. A GM that logs into game not to tell you some funny line in red chat for 20 more tells to follow through, but one that will actually hold some Q&A with the community about future changes, like every other game has. A GM that at least cares for what we, as customers, would like to have from your product, as you used to have with eatwithspoons, and its never been again since... At least a GM smart enough to know that if you're going to contradict yourself, you better get rid of the previous post, so all the evidence of you being more clueless about the game than most their casual players, is gone before making the announcement...

So who do we report your actions to? I sure hope they ban you all and find more capable customer representatives. We will be extremely grateful.

Thank you very much <3
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You guys do realize how unfair it is for everyone who cash shops and already had a large amount of gold to have +12 their gear, and now nobody else can right? Secondly, a boutique sale does not cause client instability, you idiot.

Either put the orbs back in with a warning for their removal date, or do a complete server roll back. Now you have several people rolling in full +12s, and nobody else can get it. Think about that..........
  • Stone - Raging Tide
    Stone - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    but they cant Mystic...client instability you know LAWL
  • ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear
    ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm pretty sure my client stability issues have been around since before the orb sale was even considered. b:avoid
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Worst case of Bite and Switch... EVER!
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]