Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just roll back the server for 48 hours?
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm so glad I stopped playing this game pretty much, it's so screwed it's not even funny, 60% of it is the devs fault, the other 40% is totally PWE with there never ending sales and stupid additions to the cash shop...i.e these dragon orbs ever even entering the cash shop.

I hope you all enjoy this "dead" money grabbing game, when 2012 comes, this game will officially die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Until then, pissing people off on this forum will be my entertainment.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2011
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Welcome to the paradise. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Batchild - Sanctuary
    Batchild - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So... this emergency maint. wasn't to remove pk from pve servers? client instability? yeah ok. had 3 clients logged in on 3 different computers none crashed.fix the things that actually need fixed please.i dont care about dragon orbs you could leave em take em don't matter to me.but My 44 cleric went in sp to get killed by a noob 80 sin,and of course when my other character goes in he runs and hides.stop worrying about your pockets and actually listen to the people.oh wait the people are what puts the $ in your pockets :)
    [SIGPIC]][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh, btw, your fix for the server skippy annoyance, didn't fix the server skippy annoyance. Don't blame the orbs, blame either your isp or your servers.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Attention pwi customers:

TESTICLES

that is all.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Peoples serious stop crying with your ****ing roll back want to loose all ur stuff? what is when somthing goes wrong at the roll back then you cry even more and more let it be as it be!

or put the Orbs back to Sale so all those haters that are crying now in the forums can get their ****ing orbs! omg thats hillarious.

Stupid ppl! its a game you people should get some Help from a professional couch doctor *snobs*
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Due to an critical issue that may cause a client crash, we need to perform emergency server maintenance in about 90 minutes.

Please read.

I'd yet again like to point out to some of the idiots on here, most of us dont' spend 24/7 STARING at the FORUMS!

Although i thought i saw a post once last night somone mentioned they actualy did say something in game about it..... ONCE. So all the people that that happened to be looking at the chat log that second before the WC spam moved it out of sight at least knew the server was going down... b:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    I'm curious Frankie, if it was causing such a problem with the client crashing, why do we not see any threads about people having that issue?

It's time to man up and tell the truth here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanfknolle
    edited September 2011
    I'm curious Frankie, if it was causing such a problem with the client crashing, why do we not see any threads about people having that issue?

It's time to man up and tell the truth here.

or its time to shut up and play the game b:bye
  • dyenushhmee
    dyenushhmee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the warsoul pack get ur warsoul weapon from packs now..

dadwadwdwaw
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hanfknolle wrote: »

I think it's high time you took your head from PWE's imaginary ****. *coolbearwave*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Fusselina - Harshlands
    Fusselina - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hanfknolle wrote: »
    Well i heard by many ppl ( heavy cash shoppers) that they send emails to support cuz of orb sale. So u guys can imagine about what it was. They were against this sale cuz they spent before tons of cash for orb 11 and 12. And now to know that every *** could get +11 or +12 was kinda borthering them.

so far.. CASH rules PW..BUT if i am wrong than we would get again this sale back, but kinda sure we wont.
  • hanfknolle
    edited September 2011
    Well i heard by many ppl ( heavy cash shoppers) that they send emails to support cuz of orb sale. So u guys can imagine about what it was. They were against this sale cuz they spent before tons of cash for orb 11 and 12. And now to know that every *** could get +11 or +12 was kinda borthering them.

so far.. CASH rules PW..BUT if i am wrong than we would get again this sale back, but kinda sure we wont.

Well finnaly the Heavy Cash shopers got a Heavy kick in her **** now they can cry b:cry
  • Fusselina - Harshlands
    Fusselina - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    yes but PW staff should say at least the truth and dont fake around with client crashing. What a lame story.b:bye
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Okay. I work as a game tester and I've tested MMOs / RPGs. I've seen items causing game instabilities, but these usually are (at like, 99% of the time) debugger and cheat items. That two items cause a stability issue is, to my knowledge and experience, pretty improbable. Especially since these items were already introduced before - unless the client was changed in a major way, or the items were also changed in a major way, I think it's pretty farfetched.

Or, considering this is a dev company which fixes a mob-spawn exploit by nerfing the exp of said mobs...

Might not be so farfetched after all... >_<

Which reminds me. Does PWI have internal (or 3rd party-hosted) test servers, where items and sales are tested before being released? This might have prevented it... though I agree stuff sometimes goes wrong between the test implementation and the one done on playable servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think it's high time you took your head from PWE's imaginary ****. *coolbearwave*

Actually he does have a point, it's a game there's no sense in crying over a pixelated item. Besides, you can make the +12 and even refine to +12 the old fashioned way. Sure these orbs made refining easier, but think a little. Seriously, the whole playerbase must be full of freaking morons.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Okay. I work as a game tester and I've tested MMOs / RPGs. I've seen items causing game instabilities, but these usually are (at like, 99% of the time) debugger and cheat items. That two items cause a stability issue is, to my knowledge and experience, pretty improbable. Especially since these items were already introduced before - unless the client was changed in a major way, or the items were also changed in a major way, I think it's pretty farfetched.

Or, considering this is a dev company which fixes a mob-spawn exploit by nerfing the exp of said mobs...

Might not be so farfetched after all... >_<

Which reminds me. Does PWI have internal (or 3rd party-hosted) test servers, where items and sales are tested before being released? This might have prevented it... though I agree stuff sometimes goes wrong between the test implementation and the one done on playable servers.

Just and fyi they aren't.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Actually he does have a point, it's a game there's no sense in crying over a pixelated item.

You are right it is a game but games need balance. To me the issue isn't so much about the item but how PWI has gone about it. It's been gone about in such a cack handed way as to only cause more imbalance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runelle - Harshlands
    Runelle - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So... this emergency maint. wasn't to remove pk from pve servers? client instability? yeah ok. had 3 clients logged in on 3 different computers none crashed.fix the things that actually need fixed please.i dont care about dragon orbs you could leave em take em don't matter to me.but My 44 cleric went in sp to get killed by a noob 80 sin,and of course when my other character goes in he runs and hides.stop worrying about your pockets and actually listen to the people.oh wait the people are what puts the $ in your pockets :)

If you read Frankies new accouncement you would know that the PK in SP is getting removed in 3-4 weeks. Stop crying over it now :)
  • WitchingHour - Dreamweaver
    WitchingHour - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    To be fair could you guys at least put the 1* orbs back in the boutique on sale for the rest of the weekend or something? So many people stocked up on 1*s to make higher level orbs only to sell them after the +11 and +12 orbs hit the boutique. Now many people are only left with the high priced gold that they bought and no orbs to show for it. b:bye
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    To be fair I was experiencing major lag after the maint two days ago. All day anywhere from 700 to 50000 ping. its gone now.

So yea... but i think the lag and dorbs were unrelated. They obviously mispriced the orhs so they took em out, and fixed the lag so they'd be able to use it as a scapegoat as to why they took the dorbs out. When was the last time they had maint over server lag? Last i checked rubberbanding has been here for years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    To be fair I was experiencing major lag after the maint two days ago. All day anywhere from 700 to 50000 ping. its gone now.

So yea... but i think the lag and dorbs were unrelated. They obviously mispriced the orhs so they took em out, and fixed the lag so they'd be able to use it as a scapegoat as to why they took the dorbs out. When was the last time they had maint over server lag? Last i checked rubberbanding has been here for years.

Rubberbanding? Are you referring to getting stuck in one spot for upwards of an hour? I haven't experienced that in close to a year now. Or are you going to ***** about getting stuck in one spot for 1/4 of a second, then being allowed to move again?

Who knows, maybe the dragon orbs did have something to do with the lag. But as you said, they most likely didn't. Getting a straight answer from PWE on anything like this is like squeezing a rock and getting a diamond out of it. Not gonna happen unless you're superman.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited September 2011
    Like others have said PWI doesnt need a patch to remove items from the cs if that was the issue.
    patch was to fix the crashes, orbs removal being unrelated
  • guppyzucht1
    guppyzucht1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Noone will ever cash for orbs till this sale is back.
    I am sure,when you don t put these items into the boutique again(+11, +12), you won t make money with any other orb sale for a very long time.
    Put them in again!b:thanks
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    B> Answer, logic, and explanation on how a CS item can cause client instability. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    B> Answer, logic, and explanation on how a CS item can cause client instability. b:pleased

you can probably expect an answer in a couple days once frankie comes up with some excuse to try and calm the masses but dont expect it to include any logic b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]