Well Ty Dipsh1ts At Pwi
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Patch Notes Version 564
    Released September 15, 2011

Client Instability
    We were getting reports of client instability and found that it was related to the Dragon Orb Mirage and Dragon Orb Flame. To rectify this, these items have been removed from the boutique.

Or its more likely that tons of people were buying and they realized they could make more money, ijs
  • Sesshomaru - Lothranis
    Sesshomaru - Lothranis Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cannot believe they took sales away....i bought so much gold using in game coins....and it was 1.3mil per.....now i am stuck with 60 gold that is just going to sit
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Btw, It took me some time to see what I had done w/the Icon. (Watching Code Geass ty to a friend planting a bug...)
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Y'know it'd be nice for once if emergency maintenance WASN'T cash shop related. Instability caused by a cash shop sale? Really? You really think we're all daft?

And to think I was defending this... I think it's no coincidence the cause of the instability wasn't mentioned in the first post. All of us would've been on their case then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol, just lol.
  • ZQzQzQzQz - Archosaur
    ZQzQzQzQz - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Patch Notes Version 564
    Released September 15, 2011

Client Instability
    We were getting reports of client instability and found that it was related to the Dragon Orb Mirage and Dragon Orb Flame. To rectify this, these items have been removed from the boutique.

They think we r that stupid or what? b:shocked b:fatb b:fatb b:fatb
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lulz @ the obvious.

Really who didn't see it was going to be a change tot he cash shop?
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I hope it doesn't take you guys 8 hours again to release the new patch
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They might want to take the orbs off the news or get hit with false advertising again like they did years ago b:chuckle
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hmmm, interesting.

I hope PWI knows that if Dorbs return for a higher price or if they don't return at all, there's gonna be SOOOOOO many complaints. Public relations suicide.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Public relations suicide.

They've done that before. Several times. Never seemed to stop them from doing stupid **** anyways.
  • Sansho - Dreamweaver
    Sansho - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    FAIL!

PWI working for you 24/7 24 hrs a week 7 months a year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trekaholic
    trekaholic Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Emergency ? Removing +11 and +12 d'orbs is an emergency now. ? whats up did someone find a glitch to get them for peanuts. Anyway good ridance to them pity all the heavy cs'rs will already have bought them and be even further out of reach to the average player. The imbalance gets greater and greater.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, PWI used to have that same countdown warning type of deal in the system messages every 30mins or so. Maybe not exactly that, but it was similar at least...

Kinda wish they'd take more care and do that. Or better yet, GMs actually be active in chat like they used to be. I remember they'd get on and warn about shutdowns too.

(and I still miss their friendly morning greetings every time servers hit midnight or so)

I am glad they dont post every 10 mins. I was told by many trolls on here that its just too easy for people to check the forums. (cough... JOKE) I do think having an announcement more frequent then they do now will just get us even more immune to the scrolling orange text in our chat log. In fact, if anything is to blame for people not seeing the system message about the down time its ole DUKE scrolling who got what in their pack.
  • tuckyken
    tuckyken Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    they better put them back for the same price, i sold some of my gear pieces so i could afford 11*.... and they don't tell us they are going to remove them until after they do, ridiculous stupid.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    I am glad they dont post every 10 mins. I was told by many trolls on here that its just too easy for people to check the forums. (cough... JOKE) I do think having an announcement more frequent then they do now will just get us even more immune to the scrolling orange text in our chat log. In fact, if anything is to blame for people not seeing the system message about the down time its ole DUKE scrolling who got what in their pack.

Yes they used to have a better announcement warning and strangely enough it died around the time they added the first packs.
  • /nnocence - Sanctuary
    /nnocence - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    YOU HAVE TO BE FVCKING KIDDING ME! How do you expect people to be able to plan accordingly if you give us less barely two hours before giving the patch? And there was NO server warning saying it was going down? I lost my SoT instance when I was AT THE LAST FVCKING BOSS! Not only that but I lost my God Damn reward for the CoA bh because I was going to turn it in after finishing my Aba and SoT. Yet you guys fvck up again and WE have to pay for it? If you want to do an emergency maint then fine, but GIVE US A GOD DAMN WARNING.

What did you want? A written notice posted two weeks before hand? b:chuckle Seriously, it's not like your whole world is going to end. I would have thought "barely two hours" before an EMERGENCY maintenance is pretty good going. Hell, two hours notice is damn good before any kind of maintenance if you ask me, lol.
  • BadNeko - Heavens Tear
    BadNeko - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that fails at math, eh PWI? b:chuckle
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lolarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dedz - Raging Tide
    Dedz - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Client Instability

In other words, the +11 and +12 orbs were removed because they were going to make the servers crash.

I believe every single word in that quote with all my heart. I am glad that I was not the only one with the idea that the +12 orbs have this powerful ancient aura with alien-like powers that would prove to be too OP even for the server itself! A very notable observation there guys and thank you for acting immediately to stop the upcoming catastrophe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will never catch me. But if you do, someone else will take my place. b:chuckle
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    They've done that before. Several times. Never seemed to stop them from doing stupid **** anyways.

Listen, I've always defended PWI. Now I'm not.

If you ask me, a lot of people are overdramatic with PWI and the game being dead, but the sales until now have been better than alternatives, imo.

Packs? Better than some alternatives. Infact, FAR better than some alternatives. Some other free MMOs run their cash shop by making it so that refining without a Dorb means your weapon might BREAK, make the Dorb 5x as expensive and make it only available through CS with no gold auction house. Packs? Packs mean you rely on a gamble to get rich, otherwise they're not worth it. This discourages CSing from all but the most CS-happy players (who are bound to be r9 +12 no matter what the situation).

R9? R8 used to be considered OP too. Let these people spend their $3k on it. I'm sure that, with time, it'll be as common as r8 is now. And though a r9 player is practically unbeatable, there's still plenty of fish in the sea when it comes to good PK opponents.

Nix pets? I think it's balls that a class has to pay for their main source of attack power, but at least the class is decent at farming, the auction house exists, it's affordable and it's not outrageously overpowered.

But this?

The problem I have with this sale isn't the item itself, but rather the attitude behind the sale.
    With this sale, literally EVERYTHING is purchasable with the cash shop. All that's left is making cube necks and warsoul weapons buyable. This crosses the line from "acceptable form of income for PWI (packs)" and "let the CSers think they're the bomb (r9)" to "CS to win and no exceptions." There will ALWAYS be hardcore CSers and there will ALWAYS be a gap between them and the non-CSers, no matter what game you play. The problem with this sale though is it made a very powerful item cost-effective so that casual CSers would jump ship and buy those aswell. My problem with this sale was that the gap in power would no longer lie between the hardcore-holy-balls-wtf-is-wrong-with-you CSers and everyone else, but rather all CSers (casuals included) and non-CSers. That's the point where they start to say "jump boy!" while holding a cookie, with a promise to the casual CSers that if they buy this item, they'll be able to compete. Cept everytime the casual CSer would jump, the cookie would be raised higher. Every two months there'd be a new "huge sale" that would be a must-have. And those of us who were too smart for jumping for the cookie, knowing we'd never get it? Yeah, we get thrown out. We'll never compete.
    That was my worry with this sale.
    At least, I thought it would. To my surprise, gold prices didn't shoot up like crazy. +11 and +12 were affordable to non-csers like me; we just had to farm it. Ok ok, this could work. No end date and gold prices are miraculously stable. Let the CSers get instant gratification for ~100 bucks while the rest of us can earn it over time.

And now this has happened. So yeah, I'm watching, anxiously awaiting what happens next. If the price spikes or the sale does not return within the next month, I'll probably be quitting.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so pwi...>__________> no faction over my name, but i can read faction chat..but cant do my guild base quests..if this isnt fixed right away are you gonna give us the base HP that we lose due to not being able to do FBQ????
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    the sale got taken off already..what the hell. Now this is b.s the cs-ers already got their supply of +11-12 orbs what about us damn merchants...b:angry
  • Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
    Nuff_Said - Raging Tide Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dragon orb sale made peoples clients crash........wow.

Regardless of how true this is, either you are re-releasing the sale in the near future or server roll back should be done. Im sure the second option is out of the question since you would only do it if PWI lost money on the foul up.

Like Longknife, I tried justifying lots of things PWI did or more so tried to be optimistic about the bs thats been happening....

"So yeah, I'm watching, anxiously awaiting what happens next. If the price spikes or the sale does not return within the next month, I'll probably be quitting."

b:bye
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
  • tuckyken
    tuckyken Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    client crashing has been going on and reported before this sale, gms just blaming the orbs for it since they don't have an answer. Yet they have time to remove these things and not putt a sale to replace this and still have the orb sale at home page, what a way to mock us ....since when did a sale make clients crash. I would like to see a gm give us an explanation cuz i know it's not possible for a sale to cause clients to crash if so make this be the very first game to do so. Should be put on google or something lol as being the first
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this means you guys are fixing the lag or dc or lame excuse **** and the sale will be back? or just throwing dust to our eyes again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • wreckbot2
    wreckbot2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Selling gear to buy gold then orbs removed epic
    I just lost the game
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To be fair, they never said how long the sale was going to be there for. 1 day sales ftw......

QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks