Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Options

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    w/e level she was i know for a fact she got to 105 in a short ammount of time soon as this glitch emerged. i find it to big of a coincident for her lvl to shot up to 105 that fast during the weeks the bug first emerged.

cant expect me to beleive a archer went from 103---> 105 in less than a month.

Asty is a man. Who just so happens to have amazing ****.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    w/e level she was i know for a fact she got to 105 in a short ammount of time soon as this glitch emerged. i find it to big of a coincident for her lvl to shot up to 105 that fast during the weeks the bug first emerged.

cant expect me to beleive a archer went from 103---> 105 in less than a month.

She bought enough orders of blessing with an extreme amount of coin to level to 105. If she was glitching I'd be 105 as well because we pretty much do everything in game together.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    She bought enough orders of blessing with an extreme amount of coin to level to 105. If she was glitching I'd be 105 as well because we pretty much do everything in game together.

<.<

>.>

At a modest 10k per order, that's about 7.5 billion coins.

You lose credibility making such statements. Aster is a big boy and can defend himself if need be.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No it's about 4b. Ast couldn't have leveled to 104 the normal way after being 103 for so long? You're looking at someone who spent close to ~1b just making a cube neck.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No it's about 4b. Ast couldn't have leveled to 104 the normal way after being 103 for so long? You're looking at someone who spent ~1b just making a cube neck.

While the coin cost is staggering, what really puts this into the realm of fantasy is the sheer number of orders that would need to be found. Thousands upon thousands of FCC greens would be needed to be decomped. Quite frankly, there just aren't that many available.

Not sure who you're trying to convince. The haters still gonna hate and wouldn't believe you no matter what you said. The rest of us don't care.
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

you expect ppl to beleive that? after he has been the same lvl for so long while posting on these forums, and then (by some SUPER FAT coincidence) he gets to 105 in less then a month RIGHT AFTER this bug emerges u pull some excuse for him like orders of blessing out of ur ****?

im sorry, but that story is extremely far fetched and its to large of a coincidence.

but u know what. orders of blessings and oracles is a perfect excuse for glithers to defend themselves getting to 105 so fast despite it not being popular AT ALL before this glitch emergedb:chuckle

maybe thats why GMs are having a harde time finding ppl. all u do is glitch goons then lie and say u oracled to 105. EZ
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you expect ppl to beleive that? after he has been the same lvl for so long while posting on these forums, and then (by some SUPER FAT coincidence) he gets to 105 in less then a month RIGHT AFTER this bug emerges u pull some excuse for him like orders of blessing out of ur ****?

im sorry, but that story is extremely far fetched and its to large of a coincidence.

but u know what. orders of blessings and oracles is a perfect excuse for glithers to defend themselves getting to 105 so fast despite it not being popular AT ALL before this glitch emergedb:chuckle

maybe thats why GMs are having a harde time finding ppl. all u do is glitch goons then lie and say u oracled to 105. EZ

Long time ago some1 calculated how much money would be oracle to 105. It's billions of coins + huge time to get there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    While the coin cost is staggering, what really puts this into the realm of fantasy is the sheer number of orders that would need to be found. Thousands upon thousands of FCC greens would be needed to be decomped. Quite frankly, there just aren't that many available.

Not sure who you're trying to convince. The haters still gonna hate and wouldn't believe you no matter what you said. The rest of us don't care.

I don't know Asterelle, so I can't say anything as to whether he glitched or not. But I will say that the orders method is really not too far fetched. It's not hard to keep tabs on the AH for cheap greens, decompose/make into orders, and stockpile them. The key point is stockpiling them. I used this method to jump my veno from 97-99, and my other cleric from 97-100. If money was no issue, it would just be a case of grabbing every green put up for sale.

It's expensive and unlikely, but not impossible. That's where the game logs should be coming in to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rainbowyoshii
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't know Asterelle, so I can't say anything as to whether he glitched or not. But I will say that the orders method is really not too far fetched. It's not hard to keep tabs on the AH for cheap greens, decompose/make into orders, and stockpile them. The key point is stockpiling them. I used this method to jump my veno from 97-99, and my other cleric from 97-100. If money was no issue, it would just be a case of grabbing every green put up for sale.

It's expensive and unlikely, but not impossible. That's where the game logs should be coming in to play.

that would be find and dandy if he did this before the glitch poped up. but the problem is the timing of it all. the same month this bug appeared was the same month he jumped to 105.

coicidence? maybe. but all of the 200+ 105s out there right now can all claim they used blessing just as easily.

blessings werent at all popular when the first sin/player hit 105 and there was a reason not many ppl did that method.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lv. 103 to 104 needs 43200 oracles. When one oracle gives 31000 exp. And from 140-105 need another 56500 oracles. Together it's 100000 oracles. Still some1 telling that he level up on oracles.?b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rainbowyoshii
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lv. 103 to 104 needs 43200 oracles. When one oracle gives 31000 exp. And from 140-105 need another 56500 oracles. Together it's 100000 oracles. Still some1 telling that he level up on oracles.?b:chuckle

3 105s on HT claimed they got to 105 on oracles. astrelles friend claims he got to 105 on blessings.

the POINT isnt rather or not its possible or logical. the POINT is that these are the excuses ppl make in order to sound LEGIT without having to directly admit to goon glitching.b:bye
    edited September 2011
    Options

Green? from where you can buy green FF weapon? Are they still in game? I thought FF weapons gold coming from packs. no? An if you lucky from FF chest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Green? from where you can buy green FF weapon? Are they still in game? I thought FF weapons gold coming from packs. no? An if you lucky from FF chest.

Green (and some gold) weapons as well as all of the green armour and ornaments drop from the bosses. However, you can still find some of the rare gold FC armour if you held onto it since before the fix. I have a gold FC hat I held on to religiously, even though it's a grade lower and almost identical in stats to the Tourney hat.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    that would be find and dandy if he did this before the glitch poped up. but the problem is the timing of it all. the same month this bug appeared was the same month he jumped to 105.

coicidence? maybe. but all of the 200+ 105s out there right now can all claim they used blessing just as easily.

blessings werent at all popular when the first sin/player hit 105 and there was a reason not many ppl did that method.

He was 104 for a long long time before the bug. How do you know how close he was to 105 before the bug? How do you assumers know anything?
  • rainbowyoshii
    edited September 2011
    Options
    He was 104 for a long long time before the bug. How do you know how close he was to 105 before the bug? How do you assumers know anything?

no he wasnt and that is a blatant lie. he is quite honestly one of the more obvious glitchers around here since he posts on the forums the most so ppl know exactly how fast he got to 105 after this glitch emerged.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    no he wasnt and that is a blatant lie. he is quite honestly one of the more obvious glitchers around here since he posts on the forums the most so ppl know exactly how fast he got to 105 after this glitch emerged.

It isn't a lie. I've been on this forum for a while, I know how long he's been 103 and 104. Stop getting jealous and labeling everyone a damn glitcher.

The glitch wasn't even around with Genesis came out, and in a few weeks we already had lvl100 mystics and seekers running around.
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I am curious how long this glitch has been around in the first place, and with what patch it came into play. Who on earth first found it and how did devs even know about it to ban it if it was an unintentional "side effect" of whatever patch it came with? If they were able to make the bug in the first place with a fairly recent patch (within the last few months or maybe a bit longer), can't they just go back into their code and fix it/remove it? Instead of "nerfing" the dragoon exp... which is just silly and unfair to people who run the instance as it should be. There are still groups of dragoons at the end of the instance, they seem to forget.

I am still a little lost why it's so hard to get rid of the glitch. FF doesn't even really affect any of the outside main additions (like the EG for example). I don't code or know a lot about it, and I'm probably just missing something but, the concept of this seems fairly simple to me. It doesn't seem to be a case of "Oh the old devs who made the original have been gone for years". It's so recent so... they should be able to backtrack fairly easily I'd think.

And again the question arises: Why wasn't everything tested thoroughly before being released officially to begin with? Oh wait that's right, because they don't test anything. Gotcha...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I am curious how long this glitch has been around in the first place, and with what patch it came into play. Who on earth first found it and how did devs even know about it to ban it if it was an unintentional "side effect" of whatever patch it came with?

My memory is poor, but I distinctly remember a guildie triggering a mad rush of Dragoons from this boss (he SS'ed it too) a long time ago. It had to do with them trying to reset the boss when their tank died and a veno pet aggroed it accidentally as they were running away, if I recall the story accurately. We all laughed at him for it too.

I wish I could remember exactly when this happened. I was definitely after TB but before I left the game.

I would imagine the exploitation potential was always there, but no one really was creative enough to do so until recently.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    from what I heard it has been around for AGES, just no one was ever able to use it, because no one could handle it
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    from what I heard it has been around for AGES, just no one was ever able to use it, because no one could handle it

Well, it has been stated that it can be done "small scale," which leads me to believe it was just a matter of ingenuity more so than ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaI - Sanctuary
    SeaI - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The Glitch has been around since, they took off the FCC drop items.
    & yeah, no one in the past could handle the glitch, til now cause of the r9 & the +10 orbs been pop'd around a lot often.

If the GMS & MODS want to fix it, they'll have to go into a 3.. 4 year old patch & fix it, only problem.. its a lot of work for them.. so they're taking there sweet time about it, its not like they're not trying.

Just.. they're not banned all the ppl who've hit 105 since that 1 Sin.
    anyone lv 105 now should be perma banned as a warning to other players..

reason they wont.. they want to get more ppl to hit 105,

anyone 100 & 101. thinking about hitting 102 & up will take a super long time, its not even worth it, but since the glitch was now usable thx to all the +10 & up super gear, everyones jumping thet train.

& Yes, idc how long you've been at 103 or 104 before the glitch came to light, if ur 105 now, you probably glitched, & don't say u didn't just facts.. only 1 person hit 105. it was a sin, 1st person, everyone else 105 should be banned.

& don't quote me i wont be looking at this after i post it =p
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    & yeah, no one in the past could handle the glitch, til now cause of the r9 & the +10 orbs been pop'd around a lot often.

If the GMS & MODS want to fix it, they'll have to go into a 3.. 4 year old patch & fix it, only problem.. its a lot of work for them.. so they're taking there sweet time about it, its not like they're not trying.

anyone 100 & 101. thinking about hitting 102 & up will take a super long time, its not even worth it, but since the glitch was now usable thx to all the +10 & up super gear, everyones jumping thet train.

& Yes, idc how long you've been at 103 or 104 before the glitch came to light, if ur 105 now, you probably glitched, & don't say u didn't just facts.. only 1 person hit 105. it was a sin, 1st person, everyone else 105 should be banned.

DATALEC on our server did it legit too, a sin as well though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Actually Komatsu of Dreamweaver hit 105 without glitching as well.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    DATALEC on our server did it legit too, a sin as well though
    Actually Komatsu of Dreamweaver hit 105 without glitching as well.

Except both of them are ****ing morons anyway, so it doesn't matter b:chuckle

Also, I think Seal completely ignored my comment right above his about "small scale."

:<

Zan, you should resurrect your **** it thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh I see. Wow I didn't know it'd been around quite so long...

In that case, it very well could be that those devs from three or something years ago are now gone and there are new ones working to fix it. That would make a bit more sense.

I honestly don't see a point in getting to 105 except for sins (due to stealth/detection levels). Honestly when the first 105s popped up I just figured they were assassins soloing the instance which was pretty common and is still common (to my knowledge anyway).

Also wanted to say there are times I still wish they'd put FF back where it was three years ago and make it farmable for the mats etc. I never got to experience the instance before it was changed, which has always made me sad. I want to see what it was intended to be, and how hard it really was like I remember hearing so much back then lol. Sometimes I wish the original devs would've gotten to see the game to its real potential but, it's too late now I guess. I don't mind FF as an exp instance because I've been in there ever since exp scrolls were all we had lol. It is useful. Just maybe it would've been better to make a copy of the instance, making an exp mode or farm mode. Hmm.

Then again, that wouldn't be in their best interest since they moved FF farmable gear to the first anniversary packs in 2009. >_>

/offtopic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Old FC :<

I still have my old FC gold hat! I'll kept the damn thing till the char gets deleted! b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Best solution - make it legal. I dont think its too much game breaking.
    If they fix glitch, qq will start if gm-s dont ban or reset levels ( and i,m pretty sure they are not going to do it). or maybe they are coming out with new super hypers or even new instance (so others can also level fast legal way), but i doubt it aswell.

i,m just saying if something is illegal atm(IRl or in game), dosent mean it should be that way forever. u can compare pros and cons of this and then decide if its game breaking or not. glitch as been for awhile and game isnt more broken as usual, i even think it had positive effect on pwi income.
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Um.. The highest level characters I've had are 101. My Assassin on Dreamweaver and this Blademaster. My Cleric is 96 and my old Blademaster is 100, the rest are below 90, so uh.. yeah.. maybe before you go calling me fail or classing me with the people that glitched to 105 you should probably take the time and learn about the person you're saying fails. You know, so you don't look like a complete tool. Idiot.

101 on lothranis is reason enough.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    101 on lothranis is reason enough.

Amen.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Soo.... it's fixed now?
    Would laugh if it really took them this long, eh...

And noones gonna get banned xD People who massively used this are most likely big chargers too, soo :p
    You can't even say 'ban all 105s'. You don't know how much of that exprience came in legit. Or.. people can have used goons to 100 or something too. So yea... good luck finding and punishing all the abusers b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]