Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Options

Comments

• SatoriTempus - Dreamweaver
    SatoriTempus - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yes, please, take advantage of another glitch and lvl as fast as you possibly can! We need more "Oracle Noobs" ingame! :P

Actually, this whole thing doesn't bother me so much. If people wanna hurry to 105, so be it. I'd rather take the time to master every possible aspect of the game as I lvl, which was the whole point in playing this game in the first place.

I'm more concerned about the way Rank gear is awarded. So far, my lil Mystic here always gets AA, but I'm a LA build, so I stopped getting the early rank gear, hoping that the later ranks actually let us choose, or is based on the build, not what the class is "supposed" to get.

Salvation is great once you figure out that you're better off running in manual mode with skills disabled.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it never will. rank is what you're "supposed to get" and nothing more
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Ecclectic - Dreamweaver
    Ecclectic - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    IcanHazCheezburger?
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    IcanHazCheezburger?

Sur thing... some coke too?? b:cute
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Bottom line - they never cared about whether the glitch is exploited or this thread or anyone's concerns - look how quickly they changed the Official Announcement on SP pking yet left the "bannable" status of goonz glitching hidden somewhere in this thread. That my friends speaks volumes. This thread should die along with any remaining collective faith we have in PWI.

Glitching is still bannable, even if the EXP rate has been reduced dramatically.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Glitching is still bannable, even if the EXP rate has been reduced dramatically.

Wait, wait, wait...so it was reduced? Now that the problem is solved somewhat, is there going to be any looking into the current 105s. Or are they just lucky and it'll be bannable even though it would no longer give that good of exp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Welcome back Frankie - I feel so special being quoted and all but I hope you understand the scepticism of the community when it comes to action on this issue.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    But.. if they nerf goon xp the people that actually do full FCs will complain because those goons before Holeen are epic xp :(
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sooooo.... how about addressing the thread that has accumulated 1,231 posts in the span of 5 days?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180311

Furthermore. If glitching is indeed "bannable", care to comment on why so many lvl 105's are running around unscathed by any banhammer?

...or do you intend to remedy that the same way Secret Passage was...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

What a joke. Care to explain how it is bannable when we have 200+ 105s?

frankieraye is a genius.b:shocked
  • Sin_pker - Harshlands
    Sin_pker - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    the boss can be glitched on accident actually. u can message me for the details. pretty much a friend was running a low lvl through to repay a favor when he was a low level on a different server. the low lvl died and the glitch took place. it was a TT99 BM soloing it. ive seen a video of it he sent me in an email when he went through. granted wasnt the "full" glitch. only a hand full appeared. so Acciddents can hapen to cause the glitch. i remember him swearing in the video cuz he thought he was going to get banned. all i told him at the time was to give them the video, and they will determine from there whether to lift it if he does. and im in agreement with the R9's. if anyone plays or onced did on harshlands, anyone know Riga? last i heard he has 35k+hp buffed in tiger w/Lunar-Nirvana gear. Sins aren't the only OP class out there. ive seen a sage 5aps BM (it is possible but costs alot of money) On the other hand pop bramble rage, sins will die fast, due to their 4-5aps and crit rate/hit. i think personally too many people are powerleveling to get high fast to get their aps. yea i understand the questing gets redundant. but if u dont like it, why do you play a RPG game? why put the time in for one character, and not another. 1. ur ruining the games intended purpose for gaming experience's.

--note-- this person was intending to make a Youtube BM Solo video for FC. thats the only reason he got the full video of it. but since it glitched. he put the exp he gained into his friends genie.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What a joke. Care to explain how it is bannable when we have 200+ 105s?

frankieraye is a genius.b:shocked

It's bannable, but we haven't banned everyone who exploited it. It's like Gouf or selling Blessings - the fact that some people get away with it doesn't make it any less illegal.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's bannable, but we haven't banned everyone who exploited it. It's like Gouf or selling Blessings - the fact that some people get away with it doesn't make it any less illegal.

Um.. why aren't they banned anyway? It's not like you don't know who the people that got to 105. Right? If it's bannable... and they obviously used the glitch to get to 105... then where's the ban hammer?
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options

Some people have gotten away with it? You mean everyone but maybe a couple dozen players have gotten away with it. Saying it's illegal but having no way to police the issue is just hilarious. Clearly you are not familiar at all with the issues players face in-game concerning people exploiting this glitch.

How can you even say that it's illegal when looking at the rankings page. You really can't tell who glitched by seeing who went from level 100-105 in under 3 weeks? I certainly can, maybe you should get your head checked.
  • Sachimi - Sanctuary
    Sachimi - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Some people have gotten away with it? You mean everyone but maybe a couple dozen players have gotten away with it. Saying it's illegal but having no way to police the issue is just hilarious. Clearly you are not familiar at all with the issues players face in-game concerning people exploiting this glitch.

How can you even say that it's illegal when looking at the rankings page. You really can't tell who glitched by seeing who went from level 100-105 in under 3 weeks? I certainly can, maybe you should get your head checked.

I think some players also get away for other things like using obscene language in the forum... b:bye
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think some players also get away despite their obscene language they use and may get banned... b:bye

I have been banned for obscene language in the past. Here's a question though...what in that post was obscene?
  • Sachimi - Sanctuary
    Sachimi - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have been banned for obscene language in the past.

And there were players who requested a permaban.. - But fortunately there are some clearheaded enough who don't take this game too serious.

Tired of the constant QQ about this topic
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And there were players who requested a permaban.. - But fortunately there are some clearheaded enough who don't take this game too serious.

Tired of the constant QQ about this topic

What are you even talking about. You really think you can influence a ban duration by talking to an administrator and asking for a perma ban? Thanks to clearheaded people? What? In your post you just basically said that you agree that it should have been a perma ban. Clearheaded would hint that the people who make decisions are thinking clearly. Understand? So are you admitting you are not/were not thinking clearly?

Oh I get it so you are complimenting my posts. But wait, you're criticizing my QQing? Please explain yourself.

Oh and back to my original question. What have I said that is obscene? On a side note good job hijacking this thread.
  • suigetsu4229
    suigetsu4229 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If u can't fix teh glitch, just remove something that makes glitch doable. After all, why doesn't seal stop teh skill from channeling?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

so you know the cheaters, you know they cheated, you have the proof, right?
    but somehow, "some people get away with it"...
    how the effin eff is that possible?
    isn't that a rule for all?
    or we're like , everyone is equal under the rules, but some are more equal than others.

So frankieraye you're basically enforcing rules on the weaklings, stupid, cowards and nubs. Whoever has some balls doesn't really care about your rules and the proof are the 200+ ppl that look at you, point to their crotch and laugh out loud "I haz balls to cheat".

PS: and no, it's not like selling blessings or other small glitches.Why? if I have to argument that to you, I don't think you're working in the right place.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's bannable, but we haven't banned anyone who exploited it. It's like Gouf or selling Blessings - the fact that some people get away with it doesn't make it any less illegal.

fixed for you -

tho I'm sure some meaningless 3 day bans were handed out - just enough time to level an alt to 100+ on a different account before logging back in to the shiny new 105 they now possess
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

thats ridiculous. ppl shouldnt have gotten away with it in the first place. this is not just some random petty glitch we are talking about. this is a serious glitch here. the fact that some ppl got off scotch free and are happily at 105 is just not cool. what if the devs decide to add content for 105s? do you know how unbeleivably unfair it would be for the players who have not done this glitch? they would have to spend months trying to grind to 105 where as the glitchers already got to 105 in a matter of days.

please think of the future frankie. just because level 105 is useless now doesnt mean it will be useless in the future. so dont take this so lightly. if u truly are doing everything you can then i apologize, but with 200+ players 105 and the rest of them 104 then i cant help but admit that u guys have a problem.

btw how long are these "bans"? are they tempoary bans? because u do know that once the temp ban runs out they will still be playing on there 105 characters right?

this is completly unfair. im am honestly trying hard to not rage here but its gotten to a point where guilds are starting to invite pure level 104s-105s in rank 9 now and those same guilds are helpiong there friends glitch to 105. its getting sickening because the rest of us legit players have to agonize and torture ourselves to get even to 104.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm confused, how is this still open if frankie has seen it... it breaks multiple rules.... o.o
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm confused, how is this still open if frankie has seen it... it breaks multiple rules.... o.o

Same thing could be asked of the glitch itself.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Same thing could be asked of the glitch itself.

Agreed
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ursa and rainbowyoshii both have very good points. I think another thing that has alot of players annoyed is that it seems like nobody is checking these lvl 105 and banning them if they did exploit the glitch to reach that level.

If people can hit 105, stay at 105, and post on the forums using lvl 105 avatars. It kinda sends a message to the playerbase saying "Its perfectly okay to glitch to 105 so long as you don't get caught while doing it. Once you are 105 people won't even look into how you did it."

I wonder if you can track how fast someone levels from 100-105? Core connect seems to be able to tell when players hit certain levels. If the pwi database can do the same thing. You could track if someone hit 105 from 100 suspiciously quickly? x.x
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

LMFAO this is how PWE works ..reminds me abt my-en version..corrupted gm's just need to lick up lil bit butts or pretend to be a girl and voila u can do wat ever u want in game NAIISSSS =)
  • rainbowyoshii
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ursa and rainbowyoshii both have very good points. I think another thing that has alot of players annoyed is that it seems like nobody is checking these lvl 105 and banning them if they did exploit the glitch to reach that level.

If people can hit 105, stay at 105, and post on the forums using lvl 105 avatars. It kinda sends a message to the playerbase saying "Its perfectly okay to glitch to 105 so long as you don't get caught while doing it. Once you are 105 people won't even look into how you did it."

I wonder if you can track how fast someone levels from 100-105? Core connect seems to be able to tell when players hit certain levels. If the pwi database can do the same thing. You could track if someone hit 105 from 100 suspiciously quickly? x.x

exactly. ppl like astrelle who posts on these forums ALL the time was known to be lvl 101 for AGES before this glitch. then all of a sudden she shoots to 105 just a few weeks after this glitch emerged and she STILL continues to post on the forums as if its no big deal.

that says alot about what the GMs are doing and it sends a bad message like u said.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Asterelle made 103 before I made 101, and I was 101 for ages.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • rainbowyoshii
    edited September 2011
    Options
    w/e level she was i know for a fact she got to 105 in a short ammount of time soon as this glitch emerged. i find it to big of a coincident for her lvl to shot up to 105 that fast during the weeks the bug first emerged.

cant expect me to beleive a archer went from 103---> 105 in less than a month.