PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Devs, pls in the next patch, don't **** up game anymore. I'm tired of seeing the QQing (Useless you kindly add a few more bosses in HH solo mode, then I don't care what you do) b:laugh
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Please. My main is on HT. So when I talk out my rear, I know what I am talking about. I was in SP for about 3 hours today on HT and saw several people ask to be let past and 80% of the time they were let past.

3 hours in one day is nothing compared to the multiple hours the past week I've been in there and seen exactly what goes on. Maybe it didn't happen so much when YOU were in there, or maybe you're not on your HT main posting b/c ur one of the ones who is camping the passage? But just b/c you don't see it, doesn't mean that isn't how its happening.
    Oh god. Go back to your hole please. It was a joke.

A rather lame attempt at humor then. Really? At what point have we stooped so low we have to try and get a chuckle at making fun of someones English skills?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Please. My main is on HT. So when I talk out my rear, I know what I am talking about. I was in SP for about 3 hours today on HT and saw several people ask to be let past and 80% of the time they were let past.

It's okay devs. Nevermind. Only 20% of your playerbase is being harassed, so who cares. /sarcasm You wouldn't say that, now would you? So why is it okay if the new players who just want to quest in SP (btw most of the new players of the game do go in there ) are harrassed at such a high amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Go back to your hole. Some jokes aren't funny and yours wasn't. Nor did it sound like a joke but more like a racist jab, which you are now trying to retract.

But this is to be expected from a PKr that supports PKing newbies in SP.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I was not a 'JOKE' any of us find funny.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's okay devs. Nevermind. Only 20% of your playerbase is being harassed, so who cares. /sarcasm

lol Venus.. She said that 80% of the time they were allowed to pass, not 80% of ppl were allowed to pass. So that would not be 20% of the player base. However; it does mean that you have a 1 in 5 chance that someone might let you pass if you ask nicely and say pretty please and suck up and possibly pay them money. The other 4.. well, they can try another 40 times to be that lucky 1!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Go back to your hole. Some jokes aren't funny and yours wasn't. Nor did it sound like a joke but more like a racist jab, which you are now trying to retract.

But this is to be expected from a PKr that supports PKing newbies in SP.
    A rather lame attempt at humor then. Really? At what point have we stooped so low we have to try and get a chuckle at making fun of someones English skills?

You guys aren't really helping matters by derailing the thread with personal attacks, IJS. Look at the sig of the person who she said that to. They are doing it on purpose to make some kind of point. No idea what.

@Aeyisha,

Well when your on a PvE server, do you go there to PK? Or do you primarily do it for a change of pace and something different. And do you consider it necessary to complete your cultivation? Can you at least see how don't bother "finishing" the game, shouldn't be the stance of the game publisher? or the developers? I think that even it's only 20% of the new players who are being harrased to the point they want to quit the game, that's still a pretty big number for something that should be happening only on a minuscule scale. Most of the new players of this game do end up inside SP, and if 20% of them are being harassed thats 1 in 5 potentially just saying **** this game and going to a game that does tell them the truth in the interface and with a friendlier playerbase.
    lol Venus.. She said that 80% of the time they were allowed to pass, not 80% of ppl were allowed to pass. So that would not be 20% of the player base. However; it does mean that you have a 1 in 5 chance that someone might let you pass if you ask nicely and say pretty please and suck up and possibly pay them money. The other 4.. well, they can try another 40 times to be that lucky 1!

It was sarcasm, 20% of the people were not allowed to pass. I was sarcastically stating since it's only 20% of the people that are being harrassed, that makes it totally okay. And I know it wasn't the whole playerbase, I didn't think I had to state the subject since it's the title of the thread. I edited for clarity though for those who didn't get it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited September 2011
    Options

Well when your on a PvE server, do you go there to PK? Or do you primarily do it for a change of pace and something different. And do you consider it necessary to complete your cultivation? Can you at least see how don't bother "finishing" the game, shouldn't be the stance of the game publisher? or the developers? I think that even it's only 20% of the new players who are being harrased to the point they want to quit the game, that's still a pretty big number for something that should be happening only on a minuscule scale.

Venus, you over estimate the situation. Frankie already made it clear that in the eyes of the GM that he is, those quests aren't really needed.
    2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So clearly, they do not believe that it matters. No matter how WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG we feel it is!
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

The numbers I picked were random. If the people there aren't _Evil_Angel and co chances are you can get past quite easily.
    You guys aren't really helping matters by derailing the thread with personal attacks, IJS. Look at the sig of the person who she said that to. They are doing it on purpose to make some kind of point. No idea what.

@Aeyisha,

Well when your on a PvE server, do you go there to PK? Or do you primarily do it for a change of pace and something different. And do you consider it necessary to complete your cultivation? Can you at least see how don't bother "finishing" the game, shouldn't be the stance of the game publisher? or the developers? I think that even it's only 20% of the new players who are being harrased to the point they want to quit the game, that's still a pretty big number for something that should be happening only on a minuscule scale.

When I log into the PvE server, I go there to PK or help people with BH29. When I log on a PvP server I mostly try and find fun people to 1v1 not in instances.

I get what you are saying. The only problem is that the devs care about money and not really anything else. If the people PKing there/griefing are people who spend a lot of money on the game I can't see them doing a lot about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Venus, you over estimate the situation. Frankie already made it clear that in the eyes of the GM that he is, those quests aren't really needed.

So clearly, they do not believe that it matters. No matter how WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG we feel it is!

I was saying that it SHOULDN'T be their stance, not that it is their stance. And I agree, it's the dumbest stance they could possibly have. What kind of gaming company tells you not to bother to finish their game?
    Well when your on a PvE server, do you go there to PK? Or do you primarily do it for a change of pace and something different. And do you consider it necessary to complete your cultivation? Can you at least see how don't bother "finishing" the game, shouldn't be the stance of the game publisher? or the developers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Look at the sig of the person who she said that to. They are doing it on purpose to make some kind of point. No idea what.
    Thanks for the explanation but that siggy didn't make sense to me anyway. If MoonUsagi can actually write proper English she should.

But back on point. Why is a high level spending 3 hrs in SP on a PvE server? Only one reason, to PK noobs because it is easy, instead of doing real PvP on a PvP server.

Or maybe she gets her kicks out of being the able to decide who gets to pass.

This is the sort of mentality that makes allowing PK in SP totally wrong.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation but that siggy didn't make sense to me anyway. If MoonUsagi can actually write proper English she should.

But back on point. Why is a high level spending 3 hrs in SP on a PvE server? Only one reason, to PK noobs because it is easy, instead of doing real PvP on a PvP server.

Or maybe she gets her kicks out of being the able to decide who gets to pass.

This is the sort of mentality that makes allowing PK in SP totally wrong.

Or maybe because guild vs guild wars go on in there and no where else? Also you don't have to be white name?

Please, think of other options then assuming I am in there to PK lowbies. If i was, I would be there right now instead of looking at other games/posting on forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I get what you are saying. The only problem is that the devs care about money and not really anything else. If the people PKing there/griefing are people who spend a lot of money on the game I can't see them doing a lot about it.

Unfortunately, I got a sad feeling that you are going to be right about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So, since 70-80ish isn't considered low level and Silverfrost is needed at that level, how exactly are those people supposed to deal with the 100+ R8/R9 people who usually hang out there? Some people may ask to go through, and they MIGHT pass. But how far can you get before you need to ask someone if you can pass through again? Then there are those merciless jackarses who like to hang out and grief people regardless if others let people pass or not. You'll eventually get tired of asking. You shouldn't even HAVE to ask to pass through. And speaking of griefing, how many tickets will pour in to the PWE support team about being camped and the only punishment the wrongdoers will get is probably a slap on the hand and a "you're banned 3 days, see you again later"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Or maybe because guild vs guild wars go on in there and no where else? Also you don't have to be white name?

Please, think of other options then assuming I am in there to PK lowbies. If i was, I would be there right now instead of looking at other games/posting on forums.

You said you spent 3 whole hours there! I would think that is far more time than necessary to get bored of PKing.

You should be going white named if you want any challenge. That is real PvP.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You said you spent 3 whole hours there! I would think that is far more time than necessary to get bored of PKing.

She's on Lost City......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options

That 3 hours was a guess. You have no idea how fun squad vs squad/guild vs guild wars can become if you think 3 hours is a lot. People come, people leave things change. It takes quite a while to buff and chi up. Then you have to think about who to kill first/have the cleric sleep while you kill the others.

I play a PvP server to get "real" PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That 3 hours was a guess. You have no idea how fun squad vs squad/guild vs guild wars can become if you think 3 hours is a lot. People come, people leave things change. It takes quite a while to buff and chi up. Then you have to think about who to kill first/have the cleric sleep while you kill the others.

I play a PvP server to get "real" PvP.

I play a PvE server to get no PvP, so why am I being subjected to it in a low instance again?
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    Options
    She's on Lost City......
    That's exactly my point. She has an Alt on LC just like I do. But instead of playing there, why does she camp for 3 hours in SP on Heaven's Tear? Because it is easy. And oh when things get boring lets one shot a few Noobs.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The numbers I picked were random. If the people there aren't _Evil_Angel and co chances are you can get past quite easily.

Out of the 200 faction members they have, it seems like they are taking shifts I swear. Like these 3 ppl go in and grief, then the next 3 and so on. And yes, you hit the nail on the head as to who it is doing the biggest part of the griefing.

Sadly what you are saying is, that if they are the people who spend a lot of money they can get away with whatever they want without recourse. K.. what is PWI going to do, when said ppl get bored and leave b/c there is no one left weak enough for them to abuse? When all that is left is cash shoppers who have uber r9 gears.. and they've lost other potential cash shoppers b/c of it.. I mean that theory isn't a smart one. If that is truly how they feel, I'm done playing. It makes no sense to me that a person who doesn't cs can do the same offense as someone who does and the only one to get banned (temp or otherwise) is the one that doesn't spend money. Ludicrous.

I'd also like to point out, I've spent a LOT of time in the SP the past week. Trying my best to stop the high lvls campers from killing lowbies trying to do their quests. You can see my lvl.. I'm above 100. So there are other reasons for a high lvl to be in there that long. Some of us are trying to STOP what is happening.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's exactly my point. She has an Alt on LC just like I do. But instead of playing there, why does she camp for 3 hours in SP on Heaven's Tear? Because it is easy. And oh when things get boring lets one shot a few Noobs.

You don't know me at all. So don't make assumptions. I can 1 shot noobs on LC and HT if I wanted to. Do I? No. BECAUSE IT'S BORING.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    edited September 2011
    Options

I know people who went in there to PK and help newbies from being harassed. They tried to kill the campers. There also others that I didn't even have to ask to get by, although all my low level alts were killed several times, i went in there twice on my cleric and flew over their heads and they left me alone. I don't think it's okay for sanctioned harassment for any of the players in there. But not every pker in there is hassling newbies or is the boogey man. Some of them just want to have a bit of fun without putting their hard earned investments in gear at risk, spending lots of coins, or at the sacrifice of being able to jump into a squad as soon as one becomes available. They usually have to pick one of those. I can understand the want/need for such an area I just think SP is just about the worse place to put it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You don't know me at all. So don't make assumptions. I can 1 shot noobs on LC and HT if I wanted to. Do I? No. BECAUSE IT'S BORING.

You feel it's boring, others feel it's fun or lack the skill to PK otherwise.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Out of the 200 faction members they have, it seems like they are taking shifts I swear. Like these 3 ppl go in and grief, then the next 3 and so on. And yes, you hit the nail on the head as to who it is doing the biggest part of the griefing.

Sadly what you are saying is, that if they are the people who spend a lot of money they can get away with whatever they want without recourse. K.. what is PWI going to do, when said ppl get bored and leave b/c there is no one left weak enough for them to abuse? When all that is left is cash shoppers who have uber r9 gears.. and they've lost other potential cash shoppers b/c of it.. I mean that theory isn't a smart one. If that is truly how they feel, I'm done playing. It makes no sense to me that a person who doesn't cs can do the same offense as someone who does and the only one to get banned (temp or otherwise) is the one that doesn't spend money. Ludicrous.

Thing is, if someone is a cash shopper most of the time they find out the easiest way to level. They do it. Then gear up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'd also like to point out, I've spent a LOT of time in the SP the past week. Trying my best to stop the high lvls campers from killing lowbies trying to do their quests. You can see my lvl.. I'm above 100. So there are other reasons for a high lvl to be in there that long. Some of us are trying to STOP what is happening.

If you are in fact doing that I applaud you. I was talking about the other person who did not once mention she was protecting lowbies.

I don't believe that PWE/PWCN will not change things after this mess-up. Gold prices are going through the roof last I checked and this means many people are deciding NOT to spend any more $ on the game. I have a couple of 20% off loyalty coupons and have held off because I was so pissed off.

For goodness sake how difficult is it to just open the Arenas? The Arena Managers in every city have been saying under construction for 3 years now.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you are in fact doing that I applaud you. I was talking about the other person who did not once mention she was protecting lowbies.

Would you like every other detail of what I do on PWI as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thing is, if someone is a cash shopper most of the time they find out the easiest way to level. They do it. Then gear up.

You just told someone else not to make assumptions about you, now you are making assumptions about most cash shoppers, kinda hypocritical don't ya think?
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    You just told someone else not to make assumptions about you, now you are making assumptions about most cash shoppers, kinda hypocritical don't ya think?

Informed assumption. I have actually seen and heard of people doing that. Has vampirenite seen me grieding lowbies in SP? No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • xerikux
    xerikux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1. This is the way the developers preferred to implement it. Still, we can bring this up as a possible alternative.

2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage. Our main concern was for lowbies getting ganked while trying to do mandatory quests. In any case, I'll also put this on the list of issues to send to the devs.

3. Weapon token quest can be obtained at (Edit: 20), right? You can tele in at 21, so yes, you would need to wait a couple levels to be able to bypass SP.

I'm compiling a list of your complaints and I'll forward them to the devs. We'll see if we can't resolve some of these issues in some way or another.

Please continue discussing; we're all ears.

I tried to kill silver frost too, but hard to do when many pkers chasing you. Log in your regular character and go in there you will not like it when many wizards or sins attacking you.
  • daryskin
    daryskin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hi people my name is tsamaris
    I want to share some news that came out of the woodwork. People that are pkers are now charging a safety fee for newbies or Low lvl toons to do there quest in sp. How retarted is this that a person needs to pay other toons to do there quest in secrete passage just to ejoy the game. I say this to the people that are high lvl that just like to get there kick out of killing newbie or Low Level people u guys are bullies and are like the mob in RL that like to steal money from people to make them pay for safety. same in sp u guys are doing the same charging the Low Levels a safety fee in order to pass and do ther quest. Yesh shake it off. AS for the others that care to help the Low lvls and newbie i appaude u with my heart there not many that care to keep the newbie and low lvls safe from harm. SO in conclusion People that get a kick out of killing low lvls and newbies along with charging a safety fee u gus are bullies and Mobs that have no life other than to make others life a hell. U people haver no life at all that is y u depend on hurting others to enhance urs. I like to see what the head hochos going to say about this one i am also pm them with this latest news
This discussion has been closed.