123457»

Comments

• Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wizzie2 wrote: »
    Kritty's right.. way off topic now.

I'm done with this one... I dont know what to say anymore, but I still think I am right and cool and that guy are wrong and stupid. and I am so smart and amaizing!

yea, he's right. Im waiting your pm's if you have anything to tell me about what an amaizing personality with an increadible life you are b:mischievous
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat,

No disrespect intended, but I would like to see a GM post that PK is allowed in SP now & the Official Anouncements corrected. I just looked and Frankie's post is still up stating that it's a bannable offense. I understand, in large organizations, that things can get confused. This looks like a cluster f*** to me from the get go. I happen to be on a PvE server and up until now, blue names were safe from PK atacks except in the Cube which is a player's choice. However, I know folks who are carebears and have training runs in SP to train new players in squad tactics as well as assisting lower members in their quests in there. If PKing is allowed and the subsequent abuse which will occur, you are going to loose the new members and anger higher levels who don't PK (by chice of the server type & keeping a Blue Name.) I would suspect that higher level non-PK players would need to expect to be PK-killed in game from now on and to accept that with this ill defined rule.

If this new ruling stands, then may I request the same higher level PW employee be asked about the FC glitch? (Any ideas why & which someone would email higher ups on this and when that initial email was sent? ) b:shutup If you as a company don't want to enforce rules, then it's a fair question to allow everyone to know that it is OK to do the FC Glitch unless they harrass lower level players while they do it. There's right and there's wrong when it comes to rules, legal vs illegal. I hope we're not seeing a double standard here.

b:bye

Semper Fi,
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Seriously? Send in a ticket and find out for yourself. I've done all I can do to try to inform the community. Frankieraye isn't going to be back at the office until Monday at the earliest, and crabclaw is out as well right now. The best I can do is send a PM to another Admin to see if they'll post here. However, all I can tell you is what I was told, that PvP and flying in the Secret Passage is allowed.

As to why this is allowed? Let me explain that part in more detail. Apparently this server is now the same as China's in that regard. The Chinese servers have free PK enabled in Secret Passage, and they see nothing wrong with it. Our PWE GMs are trying to convince them that it's a bad idea due to the lower levels trying to quest, but the Chinese devs are hearing none of it at the moment.

My guess is, if enough players complain about it and give our GMs some ammo, they might be able to get it reversed, but that's a wild guess.

b:surrender
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Seriously? Send in a ticket and find out for yourself. I've done all I can do to try to inform the community. Frankieraye isn't going to be back at the office until Monday at the earliest, and crabclaw is out as well right now. The best I can do is send a PM to another Admin to see if they'll post here. However, all I can tell you is what I was told, that PvP and flying in the Secret Passage is allowed.

As to why this is allowed? Let me explain that part in more detail. Apparently this server is now the same as China's in that regard. The Chinese servers have free PK enabled in Secret Passage, and they see nothing wrong with it. Our PWE GMs are trying to convince them that it's a bad idea due to the lower levels trying to quest, but the Chinese devs are hearing none of it at the moment.

My guess is, if enough players complain about it and give our GMs some ammo, they might be able to get it reversed, but that's a wild guess.

****ing lol. I agree with China for once. b:laugh Communism evidently gets SOMETHING right.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

China keeps forgetting that western ppl aren't as polite as them... Over there they wouldn't randomly kill annyone who passes by but most of us here lack serious politeness... b:surrender

And yeah ppl stop worrying... If Kritty says it's ok from what he heard from GM's you won't be banned as long as you keep it to killing just other PKers... And otherwise just point at Kritty and all will be alright... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And yeah ppl stop worrying... If Kritty says it's ok from what he heard from GM's you won't be banned as long as you keep it to killing just other PKers... And otherwise just point at Kritty and all will be alright... b:chuckle

Thanks...

I think?

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    China keeps forgetting that western ppl aren't as polite as them... Over there they wouldn't randomly kill annyone who passes by but most of us here lack serious politeness... b:surrender

You must have a very loose definition of "polite". o.O
  • Selenica - Sanctuary
    Selenica - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why do people PK in the secret passage anyway? Isn't the no safe zone right outside. Why not pk there?
    Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee^^
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why do people PK in the secret passage anyway? Isn't the no safe zone right outside. Why not pk there?

Because PK in the Secret Passage is a playground (as another player described it). There is no need to be white-named, so you won't go red-named. Also, there is no risk to drop items as a blue-named character. I know I went in and did some PvP in there myself yesterday, when I normally wouldn't, just because there was no risk of me losing my equipment.

However, I agree that it could be in a much better location.
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Thanks, Kritty, for taking the time to keep us informed. Apologies, on behalf of the player base, for the rude and inconsiderate comments directed at you. It's pretty clear you're doing your best to relay information as you get it.

I happen to have some super-d-dooper wild and crazy catnip handy. Here ya go. But watch it, it's the good stuff...b:victory
  • Gregyr - Raging Tide
    Gregyr - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks KrittyCat for the info.

Hopefully this will be back to bannable soon, and a pvp arena will be available. To those who say "deal with it" to the low levels questing, and the mid-high levels helping....

Actually I have nothing to say to you, you're not intelligent enough to process things like "other people matter".
  • Duett - Archosaur
    Duett - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well that is exactly what happens. Several friends of mine have reported being pk'd while in SP and were only there to do quests. There are plenty of places to PK legally, and SP doesnt need to be one of them. In PvE servers, all pk should be voluntary.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what i want to know is why is PKing once again permitted in the Secret Passage? this was an issue 3 years ago, and was fixed back then....how is it now back to haunt the new lv30s who have their quests in and around that area? whos idea was it to flip the switch back on this? I suppose that pulling Silver Frost or other bosses is OK again too,hm?

i really dont understand why PWI finally gets something fixed, after players scream for it for ages...then for no reason apparent to us, removes the fix. please, fix the PK issue, and LEAVE it fixed, once and for all. then please go on to the other glitches like rubberbanding, and the freaking Horn (as in permanently destroy it), fix them, and you
    will have one big bunch of happy players again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Hephaesthad - Archosaur
    Hephaesthad - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This function was not intended, and will be fixed as soon as they figure out what went wrong. Until that time, neither of these bugs should be exploited.

b:angry

LMFAO.... Mods you NEED to do YOUR FREAKING jobs and be in Secret Passage to ban ANY of those freaking idiots who EXPLOITS this bug... I'm getting freaking tired of going in SP to do some simple quests to be stopped by pk'ing noobs b:angry MODS DO YOUR DAMN FREAKING JOBS, GET OFF YOUR ***** and STOP THIS INSANITY!
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So based on rumours I heard... This PK enable thing in SP is a glitch that happened cause the options for future PK instances wich you acces through SP when they're out got inplanted too soon through a patch... And since the instances aren't ready yet in our version it means the codes for it got confused and went through the entire SP instead... Wich would mean that this PK enable thing in SP will only be temporarely untill the patch with the actual instances are out right? If so all the PK lovers have something awesome to look forward to and the glitch will be fixed when that patch is released so ppl can do whatever they need to do in there again... So if everything above is pretty much correct... About how much weeks/months will it take before the right patch will be released? If you are allowed or even know when this will happen? b:cute

Edit: You know it might help if some GM's that aren't too busy with whatever they usualy do keep an eye out in SP... Just their pressence might make ppl behave themselves...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Selenica - Sanctuary
    Selenica - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LMFAO.... Mods you NEED to do YOUR FREAKING jobs and be in Secret Passage to ban ANY of those freaking idiots who EXPLOITS this bug... I'm getting freaking tired of going in SP to do some simple quests to be stopped by pk'ing noobs b:angry MODS DO YOUR DAMN FREAKING JOBS, GET OFF YOUR ***** and STOP THIS INSANITY!

I'm sure he would love to. Except. He can't. Neither can the other mobs. Who btw play the game like the rest of us and deal with the same things we do.

(mod isn't a gm)
    Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee^^
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

they are just forum moderators, not the game itself.

and something more from moderators:
    ...I was told, that PvP and flying in the Secret Passage is allowed.

As to why this is allowed? Let me explain that part in more detail. Apparently this server is now the same as China's in that regard. The Chinese servers have free PK enabled in Secret Passage, and they see nothing wrong with it...
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This function was not intended, and will be fixed as soon as they figure out what went wrong. Until that time, neither of these bugs should be exploited.

Ya sure like some of these selfish CLOWNS care, they are PKing any and all they can. Someone needs to teach them a lesson in ethics.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

lol dont make me laugh, everyone will take advantage of this no matter what the outcome is, its inevitable, and will happen no matter what you say, these and among other reasons like over rated player control, no limit on catshop prices and ridiculous grinding quests/events for high levels only is why im sorry to say am quitting PWI for good, you are all greedy players/game-creators alike, seriously try paying for zen in a country where you pay double or triple amount for gold, back to playing trusty final fantasy i think, the one and only true fantasy game. thanks for not listening or caring, and im not QQing im just telling you how it is.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why are people questing anyways? Aren't they supposed to go to FC instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paradox666
    paradox666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

b:laugh this is your cancerous player base at its finest right here
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think the abuse is blown out of proportion. In 2 years on HT, only once did someone try and PK me in Room 1 of the cube and never in SP.

Besides, it is bannable. Screenshot it if it ever happens.

Personally I like being able to fly there. In fact they should make most instances flyable. There really is no technical reason why they don't, except maybe people trying to escape mob by flying. But if Sins can do it by using Shadow Escape why don't they give other classes the option too?

Been on another planet? 4+ forum threads and has been exploited since day one by numerous people. My screen shot folder has more then 30 screen shots of players harassing others for no other reason then to exploit the blunder. Despite several MOD posts in each of the threads telling people yes its possible to pk BUT no one should harass low level players OR those trying to help them with quests even if they are lvl 70+. I have personally sent in 7 tickets each with screen shots showing chat content proving intent of players KNOWING they are harassing others including players of some of the top TW factions on my PVE server. Each time the players claim the forums say GO FOR IT... Harass everyone.

The pathetic thing about this is other then buried messages here in long threads the company has FAILED to put out a response to all players to confirm the posted rules or establish the 'NEW' rules for SP.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

And y0u need t0 st0p and use your brain before you p0st. Here I will help you start using it, a regular M0D cannot d0 anything in game basically except stroke their epeen cause 0f the green text in their names and edit some tr0lls p0st 0n the f0rums and follow the same slave PWI empl0yee mentality.A GAME M0DERAT0R(GM for short) 0n the 0ther hand has the power to actually 0rgasm a ban 0n the players. But guess what? PWI w0nt actually send GM's to work in game because that will c0st...Dare I say it??? M0NEY!?!?! Can't have any 0f that n0w can we??

And thanks t0 their l0vely game m0deration techniques, Enrage now camps SP and we have to listen to the good ol Enrage nubz claim they saw someone farming lowbies when they are the 0nes actually doing it. I would give you some names but naming and shaming is against the forum commandments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    0rgasm a ban 0n the players. But guess what? PWI w0nt actually send GM's to work in game because that will c0st...Dare I say it??? M0NEY!?!?! Can't have any 0f that n0w can we??

Of course you have to pay them first .....best typo evar btw Seems Legit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I heard there some people doing free fc for low lv on dreamweaver and lost city, ask them guys. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

*facepalm* *starts to say something and decides against it* b:shutup
  • Gia_onna - Archosaur
    Gia_onna - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dear Frankie:

If you need any further evidence that power leveling and lack of rule enforcement are killing this game, please carefully read this thread. The whole thread, not just the excerpts that KrittyCat sends you.

You'll see high level players with no respect for the ToS and rules of fair play. You'll see bored high level bullies telling people that the quests in Secret Passage don't matter, and they should just skip them, hyper to a higher level, and get on with the game (which undoubtedly means buying heads or a coveted date with gooners). This is what happens when end-game is all that matters.

You'll see these same bullies telling your lower level players to beg to be able to play their game, and to stop complaining about being bullied. You'll see them even trying to close one of the very few avenues available to people to point out the unfairness of the bullying by asking that threads such as these be closed. Perhaps they don't want you to see what's really going on here.

Is this what you want for your game? Is this the type of environment that will attract new blood and a stable player base? I'm not sure of the percentage of business that comes from word-of-mouth and happy customers in YOUR industry, but I know in MINE it's substantial. I really can't imagine you're attracting much new business that way at this point.

I would think that part of your duties include informing management about the general sense of the community. Well I think this thread alone provides a pretty accurate snapshot. And it's not a pretty picture.

Excellent post and the heart of the issue. The game is quickly becoming:
    FC mains 95+, alts 60-70 ~ boring
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    flying where at DW? i couldnt see any place on the island or instance where flying was possible. at least that place is normal, thank heavens!
    Already have people abusing and breaking the rule on Dreamweaver shock shock. Lets hope they do some enforcing of the no PK unlike the way they ignore the reports of people Pking in room one of the cube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Options