Flying and Pking in Secret Passage

Options

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Find me a correlation. Good luck, because there isnt one, its been a great PvP spot since day 1.

...Except for the fact that it's bannable for more than half of the time since day 1...b:shutup
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    veno likes to think she knows what she is talking about to try and make her self look smart when she really doesnt know what she is talking about.

its allways been a bannable offense.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    ...Except for the fact that it's bannable for more than half of the time since day 1...b:shutup

No.... No it hasnt.

Do the research and prove it has, if you will.

~Its always been reasonably easy to get banned for harrassment in there, but not for simply PvPing in the passage. That appeared about a year ago if not less.
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No.... No it hasnt.

Do the research and prove it has, if you will.

~Its always been reasonably easy to get banned for harrassment in there, but not for simply PvPing in the passage. That appeared about a year ago if not less.

And so killing blue-names who are trying to quest isn't harassment? My, how definitions change...b:surrender
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And so killing blue-names who are trying to quest isn't harassment? My, how definitions change...b:surrender

Oh, its certainly harassment if its done repeatedly, im not arguing that. Im arguing over the fact that we apparently arnt allowed to PK in an open PvP environment.

We can do it in Sadistic Glee, Nightscream, Lothranis and Momagnon. Why not Secret ****ing passage? Its no different to die in there from me killing your level 30 than it is for me to kill your level 30 outside the door. Screenshots outside the door wont get me banned for PK in SP now, will they? No. They might get me banned for harrassment if I do it for long enough without someone stronger killing me, but I doubt it b:bye
  • VaniIlaCake - Archosaur
    VaniIlaCake - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think the GM's should fix the sp glitch and just give us a pvp arena :) I think that'll be fun ^^ b:victory
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think the GM's should fix the sp glitch and just give us a pvp arena :) I think that'll be fun ^^ b:victory

No, all blue name PK should be enabled world wide so we can **** those looters.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They are building you a PK area, this is not the PK area nor has it ever been and it's always been bannable.

stoped read at this. wtf are you talking about? it's bannable since.. dont remember exactly, but I clearly know it not been bannable about years ago, when I started playing PW.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    stoped read at this. wtf are you talking about? it's bannable since.. dont remember exactly, but I clearly know it not been bannable about years ago, when I started playing PW.

It didn't get officially codified as a rule until about a year ago, but it has been something that people have been told is harassment and therefore bannable for as long as I can remember. Interfering with peoples cultis and quests I mean in there. Also, you stopped reading there mostly because you don't want to admit that you are wrong. Call a spade a spade. It may be wrong, but you don't want to be right. It's been bannable long before this glitch. But your right, I don't the exact date people decide to harass lowbies in there so I fixed that one word; just for you.
    You can mechanically walk over to a kindergarten and start bullying random people that can't possibly fight back against you there, you can mechanically steal all of the money and knock over the gameboard in monopoly if your losing that game. You can easily do a lot of things that are against the rules and not right. The whole "i can do it, so it must be okay," rhetoric is not at all an acceptable reason for anything even if it's just to harass people including other players who just want to enjoy a simple game. Your on lost city, the whole world is your PK spot. There is only one area for lowbies, leave em alone and let the come to the game. If you constantly bully new players, new people won't want to join and the game will die. That's a fact.

Oh, and it is a glitch and it's obviously one. It's never been enabled before. They are trying to add an PK arena in there for you guys and accidentally turned it on for all of SP. it's so obvious its not even funny. If someone asks for a bh, just ignore them until someone else will help them. It's not like it's hurting you to let them complete their quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It didn't get officially codified as a rule until about a year ago, but it has been something that people have been told is harassment and therefore bannable for as long as I can remember. Interfering with peoples cultis and quests I mean in there. Also, you stopped reading there mostly because you don't want to admit that you are wrong. Call a spade a spade. It may be wrong, but you don't want to be right. It's been bannable long before this glitch. But your right, I don't the exact date people decide to harass lowbies in there so I fixed that one word; just for you.

never heard about harasment. but ok.

now about all that stuff like "You can mechanically walk over to a kindergarten and start bullying random people that can't possibly fight back against blah blah..." - for gods sake, game and reality are different things. game developers can completely prevent something (bad) from happening (like safe zone) so you shouldint even think if something is allowed or not. well this including only normal games, not fails where GMs cannot comunicate with chinese developers. ofcourse it hard to learn chinese or maybe chinese cannot understand english, but things which happening here seriously making me laugh. and about lowbies and their quests.. I also been lowbie, but homehow I did those quests. yes I been killed by high lvls many times, but I did those. so all you need to do is less QQ and try harder. find means how to do it because many ppl did it before, so dont be a fail.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think it is fantastic that they are creating a PVP arena for people who are not in PK mode. I would personally prefer if they set aside a section of the map for PKing but this is very acceptable. As far as flying and PKing in the secret passage, it was unintended and I disagree with using it to take advantage.

I could say it is in the rules not to PK in there but I learned a long time ago that the rules were only suggestions in this game. I still obey them because I feel it is the right thing to do. I have 11 toons between lvl 65 and 101 in 2 accounts and I have been playing this game for almost 3 years. In that time I have never seen a GM in the game once. I have only seen people calling for a GM in world chat and not getting answered. When I 1st started playing this game, I even tried to use the GM button in the menus and got nothing. I do not think they care as long as they get people buying zen.

As for the people who are actually killing low lvl people in the secret passage, I feel sorry for you. Do you think you are such a bad player that you have to take advantage of very low lvl characters to feel good about yourself? Do you think you can win an even fight? Killing very low lvl characters to feel good about yourself is very pathetic.
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "dear players, we did some bull**** here, so from now on you are able to kill anybody in SP, even blue names, but dont forget that it is bannable so dont enjoy this pleasure and freedom until we will fix it. you probably know that things usualy takes several years to fix here, because we are really busy with new cool updates (like motorbikes or this one), so just dont do that or we will ban you. thank you"

I just lol'd so effin hard.

Thanks man.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The thing is, players often don't know the true definition of harassment, and flood the GMs with tickets about accidental killings. This is what resulted in the rule the first time, save for the few true jerks who were griefing other players.
    You are right ... there is a big difference between someone who accidently attacks someone and someone who sits there and tries to attack everyone.
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Also~ I love the people who assume I'm a jerk because I'm for the PK there. I wrote a guide that explicitly states (at the bottom) that people who want to do PK in there shouldn't ruin it by killing questers, bhers, or people helping questers/bhers.

I think it's rad and want people to learn some manners so that we can keep this thing.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No blue names in SP on HL... Guess I'll have to go set BoA on Public Quest.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah. I took my sin in there just to see what the world chats were about. Mass people from Enrage and GD killing all people, blue and white+ named =/ Something really ought to be done. This is borderline harassment/grieving.
    It is hard to recognize an Enrage member if they are not harassing new players. That is what that guild is all about. GD got a lot of people who left Enrage so I am not surprised with that either. Just remember that there are some nice people in those guilds as well. Several are on the friends lists of my high lvl characters. The guild name does not define the person.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Joke's on me, no one does Public Quest anymore.
  • Kanetsidohi - Archosaur
    Kanetsidohi - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    [okay, Listen carefully, I will show you how to get past this,
    GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, AND DO SOMETHING ELSE.
    You don't HAVE to do whatever quest it is at this very moment in time, go do something else, whether in RL or in game.[/QUOTE]

How nice! I have to change my plans because a bunch of morons are bored!

Pking low levels on a pve server only shows that you're losers that can't fight against a real badass.

Ok, if those jerks are bored, and have fun bothering low levels because they can't fight a fair fight, I suggest, and listen carefully because this new concept may be a shock to you, LEAVE US ALONE, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DO SOMETHING ELSE!!!
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options

September 2009 was when it was first declared bannable, then was reduced to just harassment being bannable...

And all of that happened on... guess what... a PvP server!

EDIT: Okay, I just got word from a PWE employee, and apparently PvP is currently allowed in the Secret Passage, HOWEVER any harassment by players on lowbies is a bannable offense.

Please take this into account in future dealings in Secret Passage.

Also, this is subject to change, so be aware that this ruling could change.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "dear players, we did some bull**** here, so from now on you are able to kill anybody in SP, even blue names, but dont forget that it is bannable so dont enjoy this pleasure and freedom until we will fix it. you probably know that things usualy takes several years to fix here, because we are really busy with new cool updates (like motorbikes or this one), so just dont do that or we will ban you. thank you"

b:chuckle I see you have been playing this game for a while. I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this.
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Also~ I love the people who assume I'm a jerk because I'm for the PK there. I wrote a guide that explicitly states (at the bottom) that people who want to do PK in there shouldn't ruin it by killing questers, bhers, or people helping questers/bhers.

I think it's rad and want people to learn some manners so that we can keep this thing.

You're also the one who titled it Secret Passage Access for SCARED People. Disrespectful much?

Asking GMs to close the threads because you're tired of bullied players QQing. Disprespectul, again?

So yeah.
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    YOU STOLE MY NAME YOU DIRTY POO FACE!

Blade_Aether
    NAME JACKED!
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    September 2009 was when it was first declared bannable, then was reduced to just harassment being bannable...

EDIT: Okay, I just got word from a PWE employee, and apparently PvP is currently allowed in the Secret Passage, HOWEVER any harassment by players on lowbies is a bannable offense.

So let me get this straight, going in there on my higher level characters to help friends with questing and getting PKed in the process is considered perfectly fine since I'm not a lowbie? My name is blue for a reason. I don't PvP and I don't have any desire to. It's not my cup of tea. What I do want to do is help my friends and not get killed just for the lulz in the process. I entered SP last night because I was planning to help a friend with their BH and I was killed. Needless to say, I was not amused.

There obviously needs to be an area where people can PK without consequences since there seems to be a demand for it, but SP shouldn't be that place. It should be a place where lowbies don't have quests to do. Create an arena specifically for the people that want PK without consequences! The things these bored high levels with huge epeens consider unnecessary content are a part of the game that some of us enjoy. I'll go into PK mode or accept duel requests if I want to get insta-pwnt. Casting defensive skills on myself when I enter an area does not mean I'm ready and willing to PvP.

Also, practically forcing lowbies or anybody for that matter to use the illusion stone is lame. People shouldn't be forced to spend money or beg for mercy if they are trying to save cash just to get their bounty hunter done. The latter is humiliating and that 5-10k to teleport into an instance adds up over a while. PWI is more than a little naive if they think people are going to play nice. (Then again, we are talking about the same fools that plan to activate 2x while people are still able to abuse the FF glitch. I'm not real sure why I'm a little shocked by any of this at this point.)

This player has just become a lot less willing to help others when they ask for help with the quests in there. b:bye
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There obviously needs to be an area where people can PK without consequences since there seems to be a demand for it, but SP shouldn't be that place. It should be a place where lowbies don't have quests to do. Create an arena specifically for the people that want PK without consequences! The things these bored high levels with huge epeens consider unnecessary content are a part of the game that some of us enjoy. I'll go into PK mode or accept duel requests if I want to get insta-pwnt. Casting defensive skills on myself when I enter an area does not mean I'm ready and willing to PvP.

Also, practically forcing lowbies or anybody for that matter to use the illusion stone is lame. People shouldn't be forced to spend money or beg for mercy if they are trying to save cash just to get their bounty hunter done. The latter is humiliating and that 5-10k to teleport into an instance adds up over a while. PWI is more than a little naive if they think people are going to play nice. (Then again, we are talking about the same fools that plan to activate 2x while people are still able to abuse the FF glitch. I'm not real sure why I'm a little shocked by any of this at this point.)

This player has just become a lot less willing to help others when they ask for help with the quests in there. b:bye

I agree with your first point as well that I don't pvp all that much anymore. (At least not on veno). So blue name should remain safe for me. I also agree that while people commonly do pk in just about any place, they need to make specific areas for pvp where people don't lose things. (Yes theater may be good and all, but extend hours on stuff like that OR make a place open at all times for pvpers).

technically... they arent forcing low levels to use the illusion stone. If the low level is pked, its bannable as per Kritty's post. So simple really, if the low level is pked, have them SS it if they can (or if you're near, SS from your side as well) and submit a ticket. I submitted 3 tickets yesterday full of screenies with people attempting to kill not just low levels, but ANYONE that stepped even a centimeter out of safezone. To be honest, I'm glad they made the effort to set a guideline for this problem at hand. Its been said there is a fix on the way, we just need to be patient as things are worked on. Everything takes time (some more than others (magic shell <.<)) but at least they say they are working on it. For now, let's just be happy there is somewhat of a rule in place against pking low levels. I don't like the idea of getting massacred either, but its a risk I'm gonna take if I want to help I guess.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • SatoriTempus - Dreamweaver
    SatoriTempus - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's pretty much a free for all in SP, which is bad for the little ones, heck, kinda even hurts me to go in there. lol While I don't have a problem with it, it can be an annoyance for those that are questing, hence the whole "pk is bannable in SP" deal. So, for all you ppl that keep telling me ingame that they changed it, heh, guess you'll see once your pics go live to the GM's.

BTW, there is no safe zone. Was stunned by someone while watching through the doorway. Maybe the safezone is a little farther back than I originally thought?
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's pretty much a free for all in SP, which is bad for the little ones, heck, kinda even hurts me to go in there. lol While I don't have a problem with it, it can be an annoyance for those that are questing, hence the whole "pk is bannable in SP" deal. So, for all you ppl that keep telling me ingame that they changed it, heh, guess you'll see once your pics go live to the GM's.

BTW, there is no safe zone. Was stunned by someone while watching through the doorway. Maybe the safezone is a little farther back than I originally thought?

There is a safe zone, it just doesn't extend fully to the door. Its hard to describe, but I can picture it in my head. The "tile" in front of the doorway.. if you stand behind that line on the ground, back towards the rubble in the back of the main room, that's about where safe zone ends.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There is a safe zone, it just doesn't extend fully to the door. Its hard to describe, but I can picture it in my head. The "tile" in front of the doorway.. if you stand behind that line on the ground, back towards the rubble in the back of the main room, that's about where safe zone ends.

To answer both of your statements... If you hit someone or got hit by someone and tried to run to sz the line kinda disappears to way back into the room... Don't ask how it makes since its just there... On a pvp server and used to go with guildies in force to stop the pking... However getting a lil out of hand the aoes sometimes did more harm than good b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This function was not intended, and will be fixed as soon as they figure out what went wrong. Until that time, neither of these bugs should be exploited.

b:angry

I wish the mods would just shut up. Half the time the mods don't know anything about what's happening. They're like the GMs' cronies. GMs don't want to directly interface with the players, so they hire some enthusiastic suck ups to keep repeating the same stupid mantras over and over on their behalf.

If you have nothing to say, just shut up. You know full well that they don't give a **** and you honestly don't have a clue what's happening.
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Ok, then please explain why Frankie's post is still a sticky. Is he not a PWI Employee?

frankieraye
    Community Manager
    Posts: 2,147# 1 PK in Secret Passage instance is not allowed
    04-15-2011, 10:28 AM
    Attacking other players in the Secret Passage instance (567, 743) is not allowed under any circumstance. It's a bannable offense, and if you get attacked by another player, please submit a ticket with a screenshot of the incident (and ideally the chatlog showing the attack).

Thanks!

PWI Wiki | Dragon Points | GM Support | Private Message

I think your post may need to be clarified or Frankie needs a retraction of his stickie. Isn't there a mention of this getting to the login page as well? This is starting to have the aroma of male bovine scat. I also noted that even RT had players looking for a GM in WC tonight due to PKing in SP. The issues just keep poping up along with player passwords being reset without notification. Happy 3rd anniversary weekend.

b:kiss b:bye

Semper Fi,
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options

is this official information? cool.

but about that harasment thing... harasing is when you kill the same player once? or twice? or... (?). and how to submit ticket to prove that it is actually harasing, not just random kill? lets say I dont like that guy XXXXX and he killed me, so I took screenshot and I sent cry ticket about that **** who stalking and **** me all the time. and he get ban. weeeee!!! or lets say someone, lets say me, killing poor noobs all the time (no, I m not actually doing it all the time, just in mood. I m even helping them sometimes, but lets say) and they crying that I m harasing them, but reality is - I m just having fun and killing whatever I m able to kill at my lvl. so shouldint you give us more information about that harasing rule, because this rule can be corupted very easily. (I think this is the reason why they just forbid any form of pk in SP instead of that harasing rule. but doing that is wrong way)