Account name/password wrong message? Read this!

Comments

• \//eyron - Heavens Tear15
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear15 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    how many ppls actually lost their e-mails??? I see it's really big global problem - nobody have their email anymore = everything is lost b:cry seriously, just dig out your old email.

Seriously just gtfo b:bye
  • annela08081987
    annela08081987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    thats just damn wron,20 hours now and still nothingb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • really00
    really00 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i wasnt able to log into my account right after the patch was upgraded. I tried loggin into the forums it told me i was banned.I have the same prob with the email because the one i've used to start playin this game no longer is in use i can't get into it at all. so after i got home n sent another ticket i got a message sayin i was unbanned n if i have anymore issues send tickets from that account.I changes my email soon as i got back on but appearently it wasnt changed because im not gettin emails from u guys.So the next day i try to log on....guess what.... now my username or password is incorrect b:angry so i have created this dummy account because i cant use my real one how the hell am i supposed to fix this
  • wolfgang703
    wolfgang703 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    what if people that forgot their email passwords from a long time ago. this is not good :o

same problem here
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Crabclaw you rock. Thanks for confirming it'll be sorted out for those of us who don't have access to old e-mails. <3 First thing imma do when I get my other account back is change its e-mail x_x
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • MasterMister - Harshlands
    MasterMister - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    good luck with that stabbycakes since were not able to change our emails at this time.b:cry
  • notdurablesalt
    notdurablesalt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just got a ticket reply saying to go to recovery page to enter my account's registered email to recover my password. They practically just ignored that in the ticket itself that i said i dont have my accounts email anymore and to please switch it to a new one. Thanks pwi on taking a big ole **** on your playerbase once again.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I'm curious about something...

How many of the players that are having to reset their passwords have logged in to the CORE client using that same account?

b:puzzled

I knew that program was up to no-good... Didn't install it and didn't got any problems... b:avoid To all the ppl here... I realy hope they will fix this soon for you all... This also kinda scared me too... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • narquel
    narquel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I wonder, I received an e-mail saying that "You are receiving this message because our system has detected an unauthorized access", which seemed to be impossible. E-mail was sugesting resting a password; are those 2 cases connected somehow? I left PWI some time ago, I don't even have game installed to check if my stuff is there just as I left it. It makes no sense to me, and I'd like to find out if there was in fact unauthorized access, or it's just the case of PWI not adjusting their message regarding potential need of reseting password?
  • DreamDrops - Dreamweaver
    DreamDrops - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just to say after almost whole day Email arrived with Change of password for my acc - Back online on my Cleric at last.

I had the 'old email address unusable'
    sent email from active email address to customer supprort, with information etc. It appears that with valid reason for old address no longer used your now active can be used, Please email direct to customer support, then wait for hyperlink to change of acc pass. Hope this helps a few of you out there.

Good luck all.
    There are NO Adults in this World,

Just old Children, with Wrinkles b:chuckle
  • wtflolomgbbq
    wtflolomgbbq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Action: Please provide us with more information.
    In order to change your account's registered email address, we will need to confirm the following pieces of information:

PWE registered Account Name:
    PWE registered Nickname:
    PWE registered Full Name (First, Last):
    PWE registered Account's Current Registered Email Address:
    PWE registered Date of Birth:
    PWE registered Country:
    PWE registered SECRET QUESTION AND ANSWER:
    PWE registered IP address (go to www.whatismyipaddress.com to get this):
    PWE registered Email address you want it changed to:

Please make sure you respond to this ticket from support.perfectworld.com in the
  • shadowken2
    shadowken2 Posts: 5
    edited September 2011
    i swear theyres a reason alot of the PWI forum and fanbase members are freaking out, most of us A dont remember our emails or have access to it, B we dont remember a secret question or answer which we made 2yrs+ ago and C some of dont remember acc info like NN and alot of ppl dont put theyre real name when they sign up due to whatever reason that may be. PWI why would u **** us over like this especially at this time. What i want to know is why would you reset our account passwords without A noticing the forums about this OR B without the account holders permission, if we wanted it changed we would have done so, i rather be **** then be completely unable to log into my own account. I spent alot of money and TIME into this game making all my chars,items and coin. All i want is for u to UNRESET our passwords let us in to our website account and let us manually change the email ourselves ._. if you guys can fix this that would be amazingly awesome.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeah. I've got to say, unless they're keeping customer support open this weekend, doing the password reset just before a weekend was a pretty darn stupid idea. (Not even mentioning some of the already discussed problems.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Yeah. I've got to say, unless they're keeping customer support open this weekend, doing the password reset just before a weekend was a pretty darn stupid idea. (Not even mentioning some of the already discussed problems.)

yeh i was going to start play again but now i cant cuz my stuffs are on friends acc and her pw got reseted and she have no clue abt email all what i have is purple fox on veno..cant even play with mah archer ;D
  • wtflolomgbbq
    wtflolomgbbq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:cry Still no response after i emailed all my info to try change email i am missing 2x time b:cry
  • Tough_Bytch - Sanctuary
    Tough_Bytch - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    well i have gone full circle now. gave pw all the info they needed, even created a new email account just for my main. and guess what ?? no reply on new email. still cant log onto my main account. good on ya pwi. my clerics hubby is upset as well, as we had only just gone thru our wedding ceremony on the 31st. Now plz get me bck onto my main account. am so fed up with this **** b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Tough_Bytch - Sanctuary
    Tough_Bytch - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    also with u keep ppl away from their main accounts, we r missing out on the anni presents and the x2. i hope u r goin to compensate all the ppl u have screwed over with this ****
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear16
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear16 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Still nothing new, seriously?b:angry
  • ismashy
    ismashy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ** this i cannot login either, i forgot my email addres... i got a lvl 100 barb on that account, pass has been changed... made this new account and its BORING to play from level 1 so yea... made me quit
    GL everyone
    ** u GMs
    edited September 2011
    I want a compensation really.

Was hoping to farm raptures during 2x's b:infuriated

10min runs, lost out on what? 20raptures + all the cannies b:angry
  • evilsyn88
    evilsyn88 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    my freaking god... how long am i suppose to wait for that freaking email for the pass reset...
    im a really impatient person, but this is seriously driving me crazy.

1. Missing 2x
    2. No Anni Gifts and ive been playing for 3 facking years
    3. My Faction will prolly kick me in the butt for not joinin TW
    4. My Hubby is going to be mad that im not on
    5. NO FACKING PK!!! QQQQQQQQ

Fix this problem fast guys im getting pissed...

They know exactly why they dont have a hotline to call LOL
    ppl would blow up their phones. including me *toodles* b:laugh
  • kittypower
    kittypower Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They do have a phone line just takes a bit of searching the internet but bad news is they weren't answering it or returning calls. I tried several times throughout the day yesterday but no call back. My main account is locked also and in the precess of trying to get email changed as my hubby and i moved out of the registered email service area. Tried to change it over a year ago, thought it was all good to go but then this happens only to find it wasn't changed at all. PWI seriously needs to get their heads out of their **** and get this taken care of.
    edited September 2011
    So no support crew at work this weekend? What a ****hole b:angry
  • wolfgang703
    wolfgang703 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Crabclaw you rock. Thanks for confirming it'll be sorted out for those of us who don't have access to old e-mails. <3 First thing imma do when I get my other account back is change its e-mail x_x

Crabclaw is dreaming waiting to get my wifes account reset but only a runaround with automatic responses. Like alot of others - old E-mail accounts invalid. If they need to reset Passwords for security they should have provided the information first.If you run a business you cant afford to **** up. People spend a lot of money here they can spend elsewhere.
    If they got new items for sale they advertise everywhereb:angry
  • evilsyn88
    evilsyn88 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kittypower wrote: »
    They do have a phone line just takes a bit of searching the internet but bad news is they weren't answering it or returning calls. I tried several times throughout the day yesterday but no call back. My main account is locked also and in the precess of trying to get email changed as my hubby and i moved out of the registered email service area. Tried to change it over a year ago, thought it was all good to go but then this happens only to find it wasn't changed at all. PWI seriously needs to get their heads out of their **** and get this taken care of.

yea well i think they know why they are not answering the phone like i already said in my post before...

ima wait till after the weekend...and i expect something productive to happen then...and i hope for their own good, that they have a really good excuse for that, and a whole bunch of free stuff for each person who got screwed like that...cuz thats just crazy and **** to do such an action before the weekend.

I played several games before, and i never had something like this to happen before.

My question at this point is, why would they do such ****, when each player is responsible for his own password and **** like that.
    I mean really if you dont wanna change ur password in a year, then its ur own problem isnt it?
    Me for example i rarely change passwords cuz i just tend to get things mixed up and forget stuff. so i dont change them much.
    i think its not acceptable that PWI does such a huge password reset without asking for the players permission.

Thats my opinion, sorry if i offended somebody, i didnt mean to.
    edited September 2011
    Time is ticking pwi b:angry
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Time is ticking pwi b:angry

" We are waiting further information, thank you for your patience. " b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _Redemption_ - Sanctuary
    _Redemption_ - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I just submitted my 3rd ticket after 24 hours of not getting a single reply... I have explained my situation in details and clearly provided them with 2 new active email accounts where they SHOULD mail me reset password link... I'm starting to lose hope tbh.
    edited September 2011
    I've only gotten a half assed ****ing auto message so far.

Guess it's about time to spent my money elsewhere
  • Redni - Raging Tide
    Redni - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    after sending an email to customer support where i said that my old email does not exist, got this superb answer:

"We cannot discuss account information unless you send in a ticket using the registered email of the account. Please send an email to customerservice@perfectworldinc.com describing your issue. If you have any further questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to contact us back.

You will need to contact your email service provider and recover the password to that email. We WILL NOT disclose or perform any actions you are requesting unless we receive confirmation from the registered email of the account."

W T F

no 2x dops
    no gear
    no coins
    no mounts
This discussion has been closed.