Account name/password wrong message? Read this!

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ok so... was this a one-time stupid mistake or are you planning to just do this now and then for "security" purposes? And if that is the case, would it not just be easier to have a message on the opening page telling the person that they could not log in until they followed a link and changed their password? This just makes everyone think their account has been ****.

Speaking as someone who changes their password weekly, if this happens to me in the future I will be raging to no end, as there is obviously no reason for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear22
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:fatb <-- This is my opinion bout pwi at the moment
  • MasterMister - Harshlands
    MasterMister - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:surrender 4 days of no keys, 4 days of no bh's, 4 days of no event, 4 days of no support...... and all anyone can say is be patient. This is beyond patients!b:angry
  • shoutboxer
    shoutboxer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What about compensation for the players longer have a problem with that?
    Why was not announced early enough?
    We are now **** again and again by PWI, without being warned in time?
    A good friend is leaving shortly before the game because of this action because she no longer comes into play, so you goes with customers?
    And no, the support has not helped.

And what I do not understand is the extremely slow communication with PWE (EU / Amsterdam) and PWI. Why does not PWE already 2-3 days before an action is a message?
    What I mean is, you not go into the office at eight clock you have an idea and puts it at five to eight. Take more time to inform the people, PWE, PWI, and of course not forgetting the customer.
    Why such an action is done on Thursdays, if you know you will not work on weekends and Monday public holiday?
    And thats for the security of the accounts? Security is when you think about security, and if you force security.
    There was no cooperation with the customer, even though the customer data has been changed.

Currently, the largest hacker is PWI for me.
    TraumLand ist eine Gemeinschaft von netten und hilfsbereiten Spielern. Schau dir doch einfach mal unsere Website an.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chimcharflame
    chimcharflame Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    try it again an again but if nothig happens, send a ticket or a live chat.
  • chimcharflame
    edited September 2011
    what is that a cake? or the one we spit out in our butt?
  • chimcharflame
    edited September 2011
    i had a bad feeling in your comment.
  • _Redemption_ - Sanctuary
    _Redemption_ - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Can a GM asnwer my question?

Are we the ppl who have been unable to access our account for severals day now getting some kind of compensation? I mean like... seriously. b:embarrass
  • naedmel1
    naedmel1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is the most **** bs I have ever seen. Never in my life have i had an issue with hackers and now the freakin company itself steals the accounts lol. And the stupid support email doesn't even work, at least not for me. Keeps saying their address is undeliverable. I was looking forward to the anniversary mount and the coming of raiderz and now I'm afraid to have anything to do with this company if they are doing **** like this.
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear26
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear26 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Still haven't heard a thing. Provided them with a new email. Hopefully soon they'll get their heads outta their ***** b:angry
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sick and tired of this ... I have submitted a ticket to which all I have had is a ridiculous automated response.. the live chat is inaccessible.. I cannot log in to get support using the account name of the account that has been reset.. there is no in game assistance of any description.. you wonder why people get so annoyed.

IF ... IF I was stupid enough to share my account details with anyone... you would do absolutely nothing and tell me it was my own fault.. fair comment.. and I have not shared with anyone... so why for the love of god would you decide to reset my danged password for allegedly my OWN benefit...

Furthermore... yes i appreciate it is a long weekend holiday... so what idiot in their right mind effects an update that they may have issues with and walks away for a long weekend without leaving a resource to deal with any issues..

Idiotic... incompetent.. unbusinesslike... and as for customer care and "after sales service"
    you have a long long long way to go..

Put this right PWI.... not tomorrow... not next week... next month ... but NOW... you have resources... you have a huge amount of peoples hard earned cash... and a huge base of customers who put up with this inadequacy day in day out

now fix it
  • naedmel1
    naedmel1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    they probably did this so people would make new accounts to post in the forums. Then they can claim that they had a big population increase to make them look more popular lol
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear26
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear26 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Changing password is my own damn choice. No other company than this sh1thole whatsoever would even think bout changing other people's passwords.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    naedmel1 wrote: »
    they probably did this so people would make new accounts to post in the forums. Then they can claim that they had a big population increase to make them look more popular lol

I would believe that. :P
    edited September 2011
    i had to work today........yay for american industry!!! b:chuckle
    i want 1 of you guy's jobs! easy money! b:dirty
    5 days no support, no access, no keys, no bh's, no event, no compensation!
    all they say is please be patient........this is beyond patients! b:angry
  • star2011star
    star2011star Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i notice reply count has been going down today was almopst 250 b4 now is only 227..... they seem to be deleting replies to make it look like a non-serious issue....
  • /Death_Note - Lothranis
    /Death_Note - Lothranis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't have the: Account name/password wrong message, My problem is when I click "Start" it doesn't log me in the game. Someone have any issues to this?
  • notdurablesalt
    notdurablesalt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Will they start answering tickets on tuesday since they completely ignored us over the weekend/holiday?
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear29
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear29 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Will they start answering tickets on tuesday since they completely ignored us over the weekend/holiday?

I sure hope so
  • pitoloko69
    pitoloko69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    thanks and grats for the anniversary, but i did not received any reward from PWI, i dont have NOTHING about that on my mailbox, i'd emailed the pwi support team and stills any reward for me...

What is supposed i need to do?

thankyou.
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear30
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear30 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Soooooooooo, can I haz my account back? Been waiting and waiting and waiting and .....
  • Draevaryn - Heavens Tear
    Draevaryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i doubt any of us will get our accounts back, at least not without jumping through lots of hoops. I saw on one of the other game forums they want you to prove that its your account by sending them screenshots or receipts of zen purchases. so those of you who dont have those are probably screwed.
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear31
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear31 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No word from a gm yet?

Surely they must be here today. I expect a damn good compensation for this b:angry
    edited September 2011
    i highly doubt they will demand SS's of zen purchases. sounds like a trollers thread. they probably will ask for basic info tho. email associated with the account, your full info, secrect question, fairly basic stuff if you created the account. and if they DO happen to ask for zen related info ill just point them to my paypal account b:chuckle. their not ignorant. just slow! and really lazy! b:laugh
    edited September 2011
    i highly doubt they will demand SS's of zen purchases. sounds like a trollers thread. they probably will ask for basic info tho. email associated with the account, your full info, secrect question, fairly basic stuff if you created the account. and if they DO happen to ask for zen related info ill just point them to my paypal account b:chuckle. their not ignorant. just slow! and really lazy! b:laugh

No need for that really, they can check your ip on your alt, and match it against the most used on your main account.
    edited September 2011
    according to their hours of operation their support team is in and running now....ill wait another hour and if i dont hear something imma start spam calling their california office. 5 days wait is long enough! b:angry

i wonder if PWRD's decline in stock value has anything to do with the GM's failure to support its community? b:chuckle
    edited September 2011
    since a GM deleted my last post with the PWE contact information ill provide it again!

telephone number is (650) 590-7700 this is their California office number. They are in and able to receive our phone calls now b:chuckleb:victory

just called the office and left a message! it would seem that EVERYONE in the company is as incompetent as the DEV's. I will wait 1 hour and call again.
  • Durable - Raging Tide
    Durable - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ^^and my ticket was answered with a resounding yes. i hope you all get your accounts back soon because waiting so long is awful.
    edited September 2011
    ^^and my ticket was answered with a resounding yes. i hope you all get your accounts back soon because waiting so long is awful.

Thank you, indeed it is b:sad
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How long does this take?I cant log on my cleric.Why would you do this during 2x drops?
This discussion has been closed.