Flying and Pking in Secret Passage

Options

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    September 2009 was when it was first declared bannable, then was reduced to just harassment being bannable...

And all of that happened on... guess what... a PvP server!

EDIT: Okay, I just got word from a PWE employee, and apparently PvP is currently allowed in the Secret Passage, HOWEVER any harassment by players on lowbies is a bannable offense.

Please take this into account in future dealings in Secret Passage.

Also, this is subject to change, so be aware that this ruling could change.

How about ganging 70+ ppl who need a quest in there? I chose a PvE server so I wouldn't have to do PK... I wanted to work on my Archer's Chrono Key quest but since I will need Silver Frost eventualy I will never be able to get OHT daily's at lvl 90? Well thanks a lot... No offence to the ppl who don't bother others but there always has to be a jerk around spoiling stuff... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How about ganging 70+ ppl who need a quest in there? I chose a PvE server so I wouldn't have to do PK... I wanted to work on my Archer's Chrono Key quest but since I will need Silver Frost eventualy I will never be able to get OHT daily's at lvl 90? Well thanks a lot... No offence to the ppl who don't bother others but there always has to be a jerk around spoiling stuff... b:surrender

Cos people are there 24/7 camping you right?

And you dont know anyone capable of protecting you or luring the boss to the entrance to kill in SZ?
    edited September 2011
    Options

And you dont know anyone capable of protecting you or luring the boss to the entrance to kill in SZ?

I wouldn't call it camping me... Cause randomly killing defenceless ppl isn't something personal... But it is plainly enoying... And nope.. All my friends are also pure PvE... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This function was not intended, and will be fixed as soon as they figure out what went wrong. Until that time, neither of these bugs should be exploited.

b:angry

Its just too bad so many on every server ARE abusing it. It is GOOD to hear its being fixed.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Since she chose a PvE server why should she be PK'd anyway?
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it's bannable. take a screenshot of killed by player's name and submit to support.perfectworld.com

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/9c389

crappy image host *srry. or just read your own when you log in. b:surrender

i'm not sure about that post you're all quoting from krittycat, but this post is from when s/he closed the other thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14524261&postcount=87

please stop quoting that one, people think it's allowed because of that.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So let me get this straight, going in there on my higher level characters to help friends with questing and getting PKed in the process is considered perfectly fine since I'm not a lowbie? My name is blue for a reason. I don't PvP and I don't have any desire to. It's not my cup of tea. What I do want to do is help my friends and not get killed just for the lulz in the process. I entered SP last night because I was planning to help a friend with their BH and I was killed. Needless to say, I was not amused.

There obviously needs to be an area where people can PK without consequences since there seems to be a demand for it, but SP shouldn't be that place. It should be a place where lowbies don't have quests to do. Create an arena specifically for the people that want PK without consequences! The things these bored high levels with huge epeens consider unnecessary content are a part of the game that some of us enjoy. I'll go into PK mode or accept duel requests if I want to get insta-pwnt. Casting defensive skills on myself when I enter an area does not mean I'm ready and willing to PvP.

Also, practically forcing lowbies or anybody for that matter to use the illusion stone is lame. People shouldn't be forced to spend money or beg for mercy if they are trying to save cash just to get their bounty hunter done. The latter is humiliating and that 5-10k to teleport into an instance adds up over a while. PWI is more than a little naive if they think people are going to play nice. (Then again, we are talking about the same fools that plan to activate 2x while people are still able to abuse the FF glitch. I'm not real sure why I'm a little shocked by any of this at this point.)

This player has just become a lot less willing to help others when they ask for help with the quests in there. b:bye

I have to agree there should be a place for PvP... its called a PVP server. And the Dumb A$$ who think they are cute and try to bypass the systems are merely LOSERS. Part of PLAYING a game is doing it by the rules... and as we see in this game there are WAY too many who dont want to put forth the effort to do it with in the rules but want to bypass every rule. And for the TROLLs on here who wanna complain any different... you are PRIME example of FAILURE.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Meh I'm getting confused... Hopefully they'll fix it in a way soon where you get the option if you want to be PK enabled when entering SP on a PvE server... Some popup with yes or no awnser on it... That way PK lovers can keep the PK in the instance and non-PK lovers on PvE servers can keep minding their own buisness... Don't get me wrong I'm also for the PK side who just wants to have fun with other PKers... It's just a shame some jerks ruin it so this might be an option... b:question

@mcfreakie: The PKers mean that this is the sort of Arena they have bin waiting for with no penalty's when dying... True the location of it is verry wrong now but PW should've made a good arena like that a looooooong time ago...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Since she chose a PvE server why should she be PK'd anyway?

here is the only thing Im agree with. maybe blue names shouldint be killable. but they should be unatackable. means they should be protected by game mechanics, not by rules and bannable stuff. but for god sake leave alone white names and entire pvp servers. I never understood "PK in secret passage instance is not allowed in any circumstances" thing. this is just wrong, especially in PvP servers.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    here is the only thing Im agree with. maybe blue names shouldint be killable. but they should be unatackable. means they should be protected by game mechanics, not by rules and bannable stuff. but for god sake leave alone white names and entire pvp servers. I never understood "PK in secret passage instance is not allowed in any circumstances" thing. this is just wrong, especially in PvP servers.

Yup I agree... As a blue name on a PvE server you chose not to be open for PK (even though someinstances already force you to) but when you go white name or are on a PK server you know you can be killed... You made the choice after all... Like I said I don't mind if they keep the PK thing in secret passage... Just give the blue-names the option of not having to be PK-enabled... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I didn't know a lot of people when I got my first quest in there at around level 20. And all the ones I did know were also level 20 I had met while questing. I wouldn't have called them friends either, because I reached that level even back then with only a few HOURS of gameplay. I'd actually be just fine with the new rules, leave the questing blue named lowbies alone but PK each other to your hearts content is fine with me. I just don't like new players being harrassed for not knowing anyone who can help them yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    See, thats how you change a game, with the weight of the money you spend/dont spend as a player.

The players have the money, they hold the power.

Why would PW ban all those people who feed them their money?

Why wouldnt PW fix the game if people started not spending cash until they did?

One last thing: If you pk a blue name, it IMPLICITELY involve harassment . Blue name people choose NOT to pvp, yet you allow them to be pked nonetheless. PW just created the situation for this to happen. They are responsible for allowing harassment of their players.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @mcfreakie: The PKers mean that this is the sort of Arena they have bin waiting for with no penalty's when dying... True the location of it is verry wrong now but PW should've made a good arena like that a looooooong time ago...[/QUOTE]

So the people who wish to PK... are wanting to PK but dont wanna pay the price? Are you serious? Talk about a joke. They dont care about that... they are only bullies wanting to harass people. There are plenty of places to PK but the issue, you are correct, is the wimps wanna PK where they dont fear dying with a penalty. It shows how people live their life... they want everything for free... risk with no penalty...and **** everyone else. And its so laughable when anyone says this was simply an error. This was a FAILURE of the programers thinking they could get away with allowing people to FLY and PK in Secret Passage. This was a deliberate failure on their part.
  • wizzie
    wizzie Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ****ing hilarious.

I logged in for more than 2 hours for the first time in 2 months today. Its been great b:laugh

~While I do feel a little sorry for the BHers (Who could just ****ing teleport in, but you know, brains + new people + nowadays = nonexistant) I dont care enough for their loss compared to my fun, and I dont think anyone else will either. I mean seriously, penalty free PVP and I ticked 400k off my charm with 0 risk to my gear shattering :D

Both PWE and me are happy, im ticking charm (PWE is happy) and im not losing my **** (Im happy).

That sounds like an admission right there, lmao.

It is people like you, acting like a donkey's rear end, that spoils the fun for others.
    Since you only think of yourself, have you ever thought that maybe... just maybe... some of these lowbies don't have the coins like you do to tp in? O.o

Yes, some people are pretty stupid, eh? Take a good look at yourself and your own worthless life.
    Best Patch Ever

okay, Listen carefully, I will show you how to get past this,
    GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, AND DO SOMETHING ELSE.
    You don't HAVE to do whatever quest it is at this very moment in time, go do something else, whether in RL or in game.

Well, you don't HAVE to pk these lowbies too... go do something else with your life too.

Actually, nevermind... if I were to point out every lowlife here who thinks this is 'fun', I'd be here forever. I don't know, maybe my version of 'fun' is just different.
    I didn't know a lot of people when I got my first quest in there at around level 20. And all the ones I did know were also level 20 I had met while questing. I wouldn't have called them friends either, because I reached that level even back then with only a few HOURS of gameplay. I'd actually be just fine with the new rules, leave the questing blue named lowbies alone but PK each other to your hearts content is fine with me. I just don't like new players being harrassed for not knowing anyone who can help them yet.

Totally agree.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it's bannable. take a screenshot of killed by player's name and submit to support.perfectworld.com

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/9c389

crappy image host *srry. or just read your own when you log in. b:surrender

i'm not sure about that post you're all quoting from krittycat, but this post is from when s/he closed the other thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14524261&postcount=87

please stop quoting that one, people think it's allowed because of that.

The post you linked to was made at 11:41am. The post we are quoting was made in this thread at 3:23pm and edited at 3:43 to add the part about it being allowed.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14526711&postcount=140

I'm not sure what to believe at this point. If SP is staying the way it is now and the rules are going to change, they need to fix the information in the stickies and login screen to clear up any confusion that there may be. It seems more logical to stick with the rules we had and consider it a bug until they can tell us with 100% certainty that it's staying the way it is and the rules have changed. The number of reports will probably soar, but it's not my fault that so many people obviously have issues with self-control.

As much as I'm against SP being a PK zone, I don't feel like any action should be taken against the people that were PKing everyone except the lowbies after KrittyCat's post was made. (The people PKing prior to that post were breaking the rules and they knew it.) It would be stupid to ban people after a moderator pretty much said a PWI employee said it was okay. I would hope that the moderators for an official forum would be smart enough to get their information from reliable sources before posting. Getting mixed up about something trivial is one thing. Getting mixed up and posting information that may result in several people getting banned is another. His post definitely says everything he said could change, but come on...

It would be nice to hear something about this from someone more official. b:surrender
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wizzie2 wrote: »

It is people like you, acting like a donkey's rear end, that spoils the fun for others.
    Since you only think of yourself, have you ever thought that maybe... just maybe... some of these lowbies don't have the coins like you do to tp in? O.o

Yes, some people are pretty stupid, eh? Take a good look at yourself and your own worthless life.

dude... somebody killed you and butthurted you really hard... worthless life? just because somebody having fun in stupid game, but you dont have the coins so you are really angry b:shutup
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

5k coins man. At level 40 thats nothing. At level 29(30 to use the stone) its almost nothing.

Id say 5 minutes grinding to not get repeato-killed is a fair trade, but w/e.

BTW peeps, its full-on awesome in there, you dont even lose EXP if you die to mobs :D
  • wizzie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    dude... somebody killed you and butthurted you really hard... worthless life? just because somebody having fun in stupid game, but you dont have the coins so you are really angry b:shutup

Dude, i have 7 lvl 101+ chars... 2 lvl 90+...

and I haven't even gone into SP yet since this happened.

It's not butthurt.. I TW, I don't PK.. I don't mind pvp when it's designed that way.
    What I do have a problem with is people like you who thinks FUN is at someone else's expence.

Everyone else is trying to have fun in a stupid game too, even though their version of fun is just trying to do their quests. Your version of fun shouldn't be taking away their version of fun. Is that too hard for you to comprehend? buddy?

coins? All my 100+ chars are rank8 or better... I have the coins.

Coins just doesn't make me as much of an *** as you... my friend.

How old are you anyway? You wouldn't want compare how much your life is worth to mine.
    You sound like an emo kid who gets picked on a lot... so you come on a game to pick on others? O.o

Yes, I can see how your life is mmmm.. worthwhile.
  • wizzie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    5k coins man. At level 40 thats nothing. At level 29(30 to use the stone) its almost nothing.

Id say 5 minutes grinding to not get repeato-killed is a fair trade, but w/e.

BTW peeps, its full-on awesome in there, you dont even lose EXP if you die to mobs :D

As far as anyone knows, this isn't supposed to happen.. besides, poor lowbies shouldn't have to grind just to avoid high lvl idiots trying to kill them. Especially when these lowbies don't have any intentions of being in PK mode anyway. That kind of thinking leads to things like school shootings.. ofc, it's never the bully's fault, right? Just having fun. The one getting picked on should've tried sneaking into school once in a while? LOL, I love the way you people think.

No, I've never had problems with being bullied... few have tried to their regret.

I don't like bullying in any form because I see what's right and wrong.

Right way, go ahead, have your fun... but not at the expense of others.
    Picking on those less fortunate than you in order to give yourself a little lift in self-esteem... that's just sad.
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As far as anyone knows, this isn't supposed to happen.. besides, poor lowbies shouldn't have to grind just to avoid high lvl idiots trying to kill them. Especially when these lowbies don't have any intentions of being in PK mode anyway. That kind of thinking leads to things like school shootings.. ofc, it's never the bully's fault, right? Just having fun. The one getting picked on should've tried sneaking into school once in a while? LOL, I love the way you people think.

No, I've never had problems with being bullied... few have tried to their regret.

I don't like bullying in any form because I see what's right and wrong.

Right way, go ahead, have your fun... but not at the expense of others.
    Picking on those less fortunate than you in order to give yourself a little lift in self-esteem... that's just sad.

+1

I so often feel like i'm talking to a bunch of brick walls on the forums. Freaking clueless people.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dude, i have 7 lvl 101+ chars... 2 lvl 90+...

and I haven't even gone into SP yet since this happened.

It's not butthurt.. I TW, I don't PK.. I don't mind pvp when it's designed that way.
    What I do have a problem with is people like you who thinks FUN is at someone else's expence.

Everyone else is trying to have fun in a stupid game too, even though their version of fun is just trying to do their quests. Your version of fun shouldn't be taking away their version of fun. Is that too hard for you to comprehend? buddy?

coins? All my 100+ chars are rank8 or better... I have the coins.

Coins just doesn't make me as much of an *** as you... my friend.

How old are you anyway? You wouldn't want compare how much your life is worth to mine.
    You sound like an emo kid who gets picked on a lot... so you come on a game to pick on others? O.o

Yes, I can see how your life is mmmm.. worthwhile.

well buddy, at least Im doing with my life way more than playing this stupid game for years. thats why I dont have bunch of 101+ and even dont care about that. Im 23 years old if u really wanna know and somehow I see you as a crying emo kid who cry really hard about killing in game toons. you should get some life b:chuckle
  • wizzie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well buddy, at least Im doing with my life way more than playing this stupid game for years. thats why I dont have bunch of 101+ and even dont care about that. Im 23 years old if u really wanna know and somehow I see you as a crying emo kid who cry really hard about killing in game toons. you should get some life b:chuckle

Sh, yes.. no wonder.

So young... learn early to change that attitude of yours, otherwise, doing something with your life won't get you very far.

Crying? no, not crying... but I'm done with you. I wonder who the emo kid is?

23 and think you know everything, right?

Out to get everything for yourself only? Your own enjoyment? **** everyone esle?
    yes, that attitude will get you very far in life.. kid.

Oh, and for your info... yes, I'm a lot older than you... and I'm an engineer. Who knows.. I could be your boss someday... right, kid? Hope calling you kid doesn't hurt our ego too much. It's always a sign of immaturity that you seem to point out some small success in a game as having no life. This just means that I can do more than just chew bubblegum and walk at the same time. O.o
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Plz try to keep it friendly ppl... And try not to double post to much... Everyone has right on his/her opnion so... Try to keep it civil... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just going to clear up some points while I'm here...

When I spoke with frankie the first time, he was surprised about it. He sent off e-mail, but then had to go away for a few days. Crabclaw, our substitute, is the one who received the e-mails back from the higher-ups who made the ultimate decision that PvP is currently allowed in the Secret Passage as long as harassment of lowbies does not occur. I would extend harassment of lowbies to include multiple killings of anyone who is just trying to quest or help others with questing. My motto when in there is that I don't attack until attacked. You can change that if you have sins in stealth, but be respectful and don't use AoEs when low-level characters are running through.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sh, yes.. no wonder.

So young... learn early to change that attitude of yours, otherwise, doing something with your life won't get you very far.

Crying? no, not crying... but I'm done with you. I wonder who the emo kid is?

23 and think you know everything, right?

Out to get everything for yourself only? Your own enjoyment? **** everyone esle?
    yes, that attitude will get you very far in life.. kid.

Oh, and for your info... yes, I'm a lot older than you... and I'm an engineer. Who knows.. I could be your boss someday... right, kid? Hope calling you kid doesn't hurt our ego too much. It's always a sign of immaturity that you seem to point out some small success in a game as having no life. This just means that I can do more than just chew bubblegum and walk at the same time. O.o

I clearly see butthurt here b:mischievous

dude, believe me, I dont care who you are, nor how old are you because of one single reason - "in the internet you can be whoever you want to be". I dont know if you're an engineer or just fat *** as I imagine you right now. actually I wouldint be surprise if you are minister or president of banana country, because its easy to write whatever you want here.

"just look at me everyone! I am older than that guy and Im an engineer!!! I have a dream to be someones boss someday" - you lack of attention kid.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The facts are that TW involves a very small portion of the player community. The fact is that TW is for all intents and purposes, the only real PVP in the game.

The fact is that MOST players choose PVE servers.

The fact is that certain immature players who claim to PVP, (somehow I think that the pros in the competitive TW factions don't have either the time or the inclination for this) use this as an excuse to gank unsuspecting PVE players in so called honor zones where PVP is possible like SP.

The take away message, PK in SP is not welcome on PVE servers and you will get banned for doing so. Take that kind of behavior elsewhere or say hello to Mr Ban.
    Just some guy
  • wizzie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I clearly see butthurt here b:mischievous

dude, believe me, I dont care who you are, nor how old are you because of one single reason - "in the internet you can be whoever you want to be". I dont know if you're an engineer or just fat *** as I imagine you right now. actually I wouldint be surprise if you are minister or president of banana country, because its easy to write whatever you want here.

"just look at me everyone! I am older than that guy and Im an engineer!!! I have a dream to be someones boss someday" - you lack of attention kid.

You are absolutely right and that's why you carry the attitude you do, because there are no consequences to your actions on the internet. In real life, I bet you're just a scared little kid too afraid to even look anyone in the eye. So you come here and strut your stuff, right?

Learn to have a little compassion for others, son. Trust me in this, it will get you further in life than going about it with a chip on your shoulder.

Oh, one more thing... only little children actually uses the term 'butthurt'. Homophobic too, I presume?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Enough. -_-

Take your arguments to PM, and keep this thread on-topic.

Thanks!b:thanks
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You are absolutely right and that's why you carry the attitude you do, because there are no consequences to your actions on the internet. In real life, I bet you're just a scared little kid too afraid to even look anyone in the eye. So you come here and strut your stuff, right?

Learn to have a little compassion for others, son. Trust me in this, it will get you further in life than going about it with a chip on your shoulder.

Oh, one more thing... only little children actually uses the term 'butthurt'. Homophobic too, I presume?

nice theories about me, but you dont know about me cause Im not stupid enough to tell about myself in random treads unlike you. I dont have this lack of attention, so I dont have to tell about who I am or "how amazing my life is" in forums. I bet you are lonely fat *** "engineer" who play PW and telling about himself in forum, cause you dont have anybody to talk with in real b:sad only the fact that you're compairing your "cool" (low)life in internet with somebody's who you dont even know shows me that I have a talk with an idiot here b:surrender

btw about me to be "a scared little kid too afraid to even look anyone in the eye" - you can clearly see fotos of my face in my profile, so you dont have to fantasizing about how I look like. I bet nobody will ever see yours keyboard knight's face, because ones like you are actually too scared to show themselfs in any form or as you said "look anyone in the eye". all you can is to write **** about how cool (you think) you are, even if nobody actually cares. sad pal...
    Enough. -_-

Take your arguments to PM, and keep this thread on-topic.

Thanks!b:thanks

please dude let us to discus a little more. just a little. b:chuckle
  • wizzie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    nice theories about me, but you dont know about me cause Im not stupid enough to tell about myself in random treads unlike you. I dont have this lack of attention, so I dont have to tell about who I am or "how amazing my life is" in forums. I bet you are lonely fat *** "engineer" who play PW and telling about himself in forum, cause you dont have anybody to talk with in real b:sad only the fact that you're compairing your "cool" (low)life in internet with somebody's who you dont even know shows me that I have a talk with an idiot here b:surrender

btw about me to be "a scared little kid too afraid to even look anyone in the eye" - you can clearly see fotos of my face in my profile, so you dont have to fantasizing about how I look like. I bet nobody will ever see yours keyboard knight's face, because ones like you are actually too scared to show themselfs in any form or as you said "look anyone in the eye". all you can is to write **** about how cool (you think) you are, even if nobody actually cares. sad pal...

please dude let us to discus a little more. just a little. b:chuckle

Kritty's right.. way off topic now.

I'm done with this one... like a brick wall.