Pick One

Options
DaKillanator - Raging Tide
DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
So as always, there's people complaining about issues with the game. This is nothing new, although the things they complain about change with time.

So let's just say that the PWE devs stated they would find a way to fix just one problem. And since we're doing hypotheticals, let's pretend they didn't **** up the game even more with their fix.

So choose one of the options. Pick which thing, in you're mind, most urgently needs to be fixed.

If none of those are what you want fixed, state you think should be fixed.

sidenote- Don't complain about the boutique, packs, refines, or other things that make PWI most of their money. Yes this thread is about playing pretend, but let's not get carried away.
Post edited by DaKillanator - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fix magic shell/blazing arrow and all skill descriptions...

Yea it's technically not one thing, sue me.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Desmerelda - Lost City
    Desmerelda - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fix the rubber banding. I got killed int he hands in HH today and on my computer I was safely between circles. On my other computer I was slap dab in the middle of one. When I rezzed I didnt rezz in place I was rubber banded back to the middle of the previous circle.

I am tired of autopathing to an NPC and stowing wings then have to take out the wings and re stow just to get close enough to talk to the npc.

If PWI was only willing to fix one thing I would like it to be that. Something people have complained about for what.??? Almost 3 years now..
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    poll is up, vote away
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Should have allowed multiple select D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Then everyone would pick everything.

The point is to make you choose. Which one means the most to you?

Do you think sins are OP because of 5aps? Then picking the APS option is the best choice.

Do you think revamping the old classes would put us on equal footing with assassins? Then vote for the update old classes option
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I like your poll and choices.

Had a bit of trouble choosing, but went with "Update old classes"

Like barb with more agro generating, revamped lvl 100 skills for most classes..

Hope a lot of people vote and devs/gm's see this b:victory
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Should have allowed multiple select D:

lets just do it ourselves b:angry

[x]APS- you think it's OP in PvP and makes other classes useless for PvE
    [x]Assassins- they're too OP. Whether you think it's their stealth, self buffs, or damage.
    [x]FC Glitch- people being able to easily level makes you angry.
    [x]Update the old classes- Enable knockbacks for non-mystics. New 100 skills
    [x]Guild Bases-Implement base wars and lower fac base armor/wep costs so people actually buy them
    [x]Rubberbanding- It makes the game unplayable for you
    [x]Add Duke Blacke red text laughing at shemales
    re
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Torn between updating old classes and doing more with guild bases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lets just do it ourselves b:angry

[x]APS- you think it's OP in PvP and makes other classes useless for PvE
    [x]Assassins- they're too OP. Whether you think it's their stealth, self buffs, or damage.
    [x]FC Glitch- people being able to easily level makes you angry.
    [x]Update the old classes- Enable knockbacks for non-mystics. New 100 skills
    [x]Guild Bases-Implement base wars and lower fac base armor/wep costs so people actually buy them
    [x]Rubberbanding- It makes the game unplayable for you
    [x]Add Duke Blacke red text laughing at shemales
    Then everyone would pick everything.

Always being right isn't as easy as I make it look b:surrender
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hyper EXP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    those damn kids skateboarding on the sidewalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options

**** i knew i missed one...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Seconding this.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I facerolled my keyboard and accidentally picked:

-Assassins- they're too OP. Whether you think it's their stealth, self buffs, or damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I facerolled my keyboard and accidentally picked:

-Assassins- they're too OP. Whether you think it's their stealth, self buffs, or damage.

Your forum avatar is OP. To pick the right answer all you had to do is faceroll the keyboard.

A 7 year old could pick the right answer with your OP avatar.

/metaphor
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hyper EXP

Worst concept I have ever seen in an online game

Before you casuals start going on with stupid logic about "QQ it's too hard to level from 1-60 and I only play 5 minutes every day but I really have to get to lvl 100 in 1 month", go to any other self-respecting online game and propose Hyper EXP and you will be flamed to hell.

EDIT: Oops sorry about dupe post. I was writing "Hyper EXP", then posted it, then i was editing it when I got kicked off the computer and then I forgot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
    edited August 2011
    Options
    guess you felt your 1st post about hyper exp didn't get enough attention...?
  • Zorgn - Archosaur
    Zorgn - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    APS.

I'm a wiz on a PvE server... Not much more to say there.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hyper EXP

Worst concept I have ever seen in an online game

Before you casuals start going on with stupid logic about "QQ it's too hard to level from 1-60 and I only play 5 minutes every day but I really have to get to lvl 100 in 1 month", go to any other self-respecting online game and propose Hyper EXP and you will be flamed to hell.

EDIT: Oops sorry about dupe post. I was writing "Hyper EXP", then posted it, then i was editing it when I got kicked off the computer and then I forgot.

I agree with Hydra, hypers are really bad for the game, I'm afraid. It's not the old players that want a new toon and FC it till boedom, it's the new players that won't learn to play.

However, I had to vote for fixing the old classes... ( I want mah aggro back)
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately none really give the option of fixing huge bugs -- rubber banding is an annoyance but rarely does it break an instance run like RB and Warsong glitches. Other things are unintended consequences, and I rate updating old classes and the guild bases up there with fixing bugs, both alike are considered "ongoing content" and show development isn't dead in the game. As you can see, it's lifeless.

Of course, I fully expect posters like the one at the end of last page to pick something that nerfs another class due to their own dissatisfaction with not personally being as successful with their class as others are in certain areas. That's why short-sighted players aren't developers.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    for me:

I want limits to levels that may enter instances and then no levelling until certain quests are completed. This would see the map full of people again rather than all doing fc and nothing else. To then allow people to level reasonably, give much more xp drop for multiple or continual mob kills so grinding becomes useful

eg:

FB69 - wraithgate. Cant level past 69 until the FB is complete and only levels 65-75 allowed inside - or something like this. Have these requirements during each level not just every 10 or so like current fb

Most of the other stuff doesnt bother me
  • Mkey - Momaganon
    Mkey - Momaganon Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i pick a roll back before pwe ****ed everything up and if i can pick one more then its the whole game selling to a company who have gms that can do anything and they arent so greedy
    yes pwe you suck
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    for me:

FB69 - wraithgate. Cant level past 69 until the FB is complete and only levels 65-75 allowed inside - or something like this. Have these requirements during each level not just every 10 or so like current fb

A bit of a screy thought, but one that would actually force player to play and learn to do well as a team. A 1/2 well built barb would have trouble surviving Pole at 75 with a cleric that barely knows how to pury...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The only realistic option would be guild bases, and that would have to be changing the insane cost of items.

The problem with the rest of the choices is that it's extremely unlikely Wanmei will ever try to fix or modify them.
    Wanmei is either too lazy or does not have capable devs that know anything about PW.
    APS- you think it's OP in PvP and makes other classes useless for PvE

The only thing that could be changed about this is lowering the aps cap from 5 to 3.33.
    Very unlikely though, since too many people here and in China depend on the high aps.
    Assassins- they're too OP. Whether you think it's their stealth, self buffs, or damage.

It would be nice to modify the stealth skills a bit and in better stealth detection for other classes, but considering the expansion has been out for almost two years, it's obvious Wanmei doesn't care.
    FC Glitch- people being able to easily level makes you angry.

I'd rather this is left alone.
    If sins are allowed to stealth through FCC and solo it...
    Update the old classes- Enable knockbacks for non-mystics. New 100 skills

As nice as this would be, the old classes haven't been touched at all since they were released in 2005.
    Guild Bases-Implement base wars and lower fac base armor/wep costs so people actually buy them

Not sure on the base wars since I haven't kept up with this game in a while, however, fro mwhat I saw on the costs of base items, it's most definitely biased against the Chinese value of coins.
    I made a calculation on this about half a year ago, if our servers had their prices, gold would be about 8 million per gold.

Now why we have their prices and not something more reasonable for our servers is most likely due to the devs not caring.
    Rubberbanding- It makes the game unplayable for you

Contrary to popular belief, rubberbanding is a feature, not a bug.
    It's the server's **** way of trying to prevent speed haxing/ wall haxing.
    Technically it can be switched off or lessened a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I voted for update old classes. I know everybody says they cant do it, the devs they have now dont know the program, but hey they can go in and tweek the mob/boss aggro/attacks on this instance or that instance why cant they go in and tinker with barb aggro? I think its more likely they are lazy, not unfamiliar with the program.

Only other thing Id like to see is a fix to the deadend of content at level 100. Adding new classes with new starter level quest is hardly a content fix. Forget any new classes you may have dreamt up and really expand the game with new instances to at least make staying till 105 worth it.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Voted for aps, bout time they get capped, despite it`s the only thing that keeps people alive for solo purposes.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks rubberbanding has been reduced to an acceptable level? It seems pretty rare these days.

Maybe I have just become subconsciously adept at avoiding it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks rubberbanding has been reduced to an acceptable level? It seems pretty rare these days.

Maybe I have just become subconsciously adept at avoiding it.

It has become somewhat nonexistent lately, but if they "fixed" it to some some extent then only by an accident!
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What, no "Get rid of the current developing team" option?
    Boo. b:sad
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I just want the game to be the way it was before genies came out.

Is that too much to ask!?!?!

Srsly, that game was amazing.