Pick One

13»

Comments

• ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Rubber banding will never be fixed because it was added as a feature to stop speed and jump hacks. GM's admitted it in this post after how many years of complaints?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=886872&page=3
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Rubber banding will never be fixed because it was added as a feature to stop speed and jump hacks. GM's admitted it in this post after how many years of complaints?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=886872&page=3

They could fix it so that it occurs when someone is ACTUALLY USING A ****.

Now it just happens because the server registers that they instantly teleported from 1 spot to another spot...and lagged in the time they were moving..so it teleports them back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Fix the greedy players.

Then i think they should update the old classes, ;/ Feel sorry for barbs, clerics and Arcane and Archers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just want to point out that your doubts are false. In late 2009, I wrote up a forums thread listing every glitch/bug/exploit that I knew at the time. The thread was promptly locked/closed, and redirected to the "List your bug and we will never fix it" thread, via Tech support section of the forums.

[snip]

...Since the ticket, 0 of the bugs/glitches/issues in the ticket have been resolved. In a list from 2009 w/ other 100 bugs/exploits/glitches.
    Do you have a link to the thread? I'd like to see the list. It's easy to claim "0 have been fixed", I'd like to see some evidence of that, please.

I'd also be curious how many of those bugs are different aspects of a single bug, and how many of those "bug" they've decided to simply make "that's how things work in PW". Making it so you can't overwrite the M.Def buff, for example, seems to have been decided to be a "feature" of how magic works in PW rather than a "bug", so that won't be "fixed", or at least that's the impression I've gotten.

I also suppose this depends on how stringent you are in your definition of a "bug". For example, is appearing at walking level when on a flying mount after teleporting, thus the mount appears partially underground, a "bug"? It doesn't really harm gameplay in any way other than looking odd until you start moving.
    For every major glitch/bug in the past that has been resolved, it was simply a work around.
    A) There's no way you could possibly know this unless someone on the dev team said this, which as far as I know they haven't, so it's just speculation. B) That's a pretty absurd claim anyways. Even though debugging code can be tricky sometimes, that's tantamount to claiming it's impossible. Even if you completely change dev teams, it would take more effort to always do everything as a workaround than it would be to debug code in some (if not most) cases.

Anyone who claims this is clearly not a programmer, because if they were they'd know how ridiculous that claim is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Do you have a link to the thread? I'd like to see the list. It's easy to claim "0 have been fixed", I'd like to see some evidence of that, please.

I'd also be curious how many of those bugs are different aspects of a single bug, and how many of those "bug" they've decided to simply make "that's how things work in PW". Making it so you can't overwrite the M.Def buff, for example, seems to have been decided to be a "feature" of how magic works in PW rather than a "bug", so that won't be "fixed", or at least that's the impression I've gotten.

I also suppose this depends on how stringent you are in your definition of a "bug". For example, is appearing at walking level when on a flying mount after teleporting, thus the mount appears partially underground, a "bug"? It doesn't really harm gameplay in any way other than looking odd until you start moving.

A) There's no way you could possibly know this unless someone on the dev team said this, which as far as I know they haven't, so it's just speculation. B) That's a pretty absurd claim anyways. Even though debugging code can be tricky sometimes, that's tantamount to claiming it's impossible. Even if you completely change dev teams, it would take more effort to always do everything as a workaround than it would be to debug code in some (if not most) cases.

Anyone who claims this is clearly not a programmer, because if they were they'd know how ridiculous that claim is.

Find a thread from well over a year ago? You want it, you find it. In lue of the issue, I've sent you complete screenshots of the ticket (including time stamp of the ticket). Now, I will state that I sent the ticket ~1 month after making the thread. Whether you believe this or not, I will leave up to you. Again, if you want to pile through a year of threads and nearly 1k posts from myself, you will find the thread that you seek. It was posted in General Discussion originally, and moved around to the Technical support section. I'd start there.

It doesn't take a genius to think about what has been "fixed" in the game, and clearly notice that it wasn't a fix, but a mere work around. Before you get all snippy and snappy, I'm not at all referring to "code". I'm not a programmer, I'm a networking major. They may remove the old code complete, remodel it, reprogram it from ground up, etc... But the issues haven't been resolved. They are work arounds. When something is taken out, it's a work around. When something is tweaked, it's a work around. When something is "fixed", it's only a work around. They are unable to fix the issue itself, or make the changes... So they simply, work around the issue. Blocking the issue from being effective to the players, but the issue still exists in the client.

To be honest, we could do this all day and night. We could post replies to eachother's comments for the next 365 days. But hey... I never said you had to agree with me, nor did you say I had to agree with you. This is simply my opinion, based on what I've seen. I've been playing the game since nearly beta. Done every instance 100+ times, finished every possible quest on two different 100+ toons (including 100+ culti). I've seen and know how to replicate every possible glitch in the client. I've played on a multitude of private servers. But hey, again... It's just my opinions.

Good luck backing the corporation.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Good luck on complaining. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Find a thread from well over a year ago? You want it, you find it.

Just search posts made by yourself, can't be too hard to find...

edit: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=550011- this it?