Pick One

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just want the game to be the way it was before genies came out.

Is that too much to ask!?!?!

Srsly, that game was amazing.
    QFT.

I actually witnessed a random GM chatline in HT the other night, and I felt compelled to WC the following line: "Did I step in a time machine? Is this 2008?? :O"

Voted APS in the poll. Sins wouldn't be nearly as broken without it, guild bases would be fun but not as important, the old classes don't need "updates" so much as the new ones need to be balanced, and rubberbanding is just a minor annoyance. As for FC glitching, well, that's a close second, but it's not like level means anything anymore anyway (although a sizable portion of this forum still acts like it does).

If you want to talk about the second-most important thing to change, well, that'd be rank, but that one's 100% impossible to change at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm blown aways so many think aps is op in pvp. Who the heck plays a aps char for pvp, thats the wizard,psychic,archer playground.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I'm blown aways so many think aps is op in pvp. Who the heck plays a aps char for pvp, thats the wizard,psychic,archer playground.

Assassins. It really should be just the making other classes useless in PvE on that option, and have the APS in relation to PvP under the Assassin fix option. Most people aren't even thinking PvP when they think APS, they think of instance farming, and that APS makes magic classes insignificant in farming instances.

I picked the FC glitch, mainly because I hate getting into squads with people who know nothing about their character, and then try to tell you how to play yours. I have played all but one of my characters the normal way (my seeker I leveled from 40-60 through heads because I couldn't find weapons for those levels), and I know how to play them quite well, thank you.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Which one would should be fixed?
    APS- you think it's OP in PvP and makes other classes useless for PvE
    APS people just need to learn how to actually play as a team.
    Assassins- they're too OP. Whether you think it's their stealth, self buffs, or damage.
    If anyone claims a class is OP, they just haven't figured out to fight it yet. Each class has a different skillset, different attributes, and a different style. Just because you haven't figured out how to deal with it in PvP doesn't mean that they are OP.
    FC Glitch- people being able to easily level makes you angry.
    We just get more high-level noobs. Who cares? They fail and you never squad with them again. Eventually they will quit because they aren't smart enough to play and no one will do runs with them.
    Update the old classes- Enable knockbacks for non-mystics. New 100 skills
    Since the current Dev's didn't write the source code, this is not going to ever happen. Addons are just linking to existing hooks in the code. It's why FCC will take forever to be fixed, why we still have rubberbanding, and why they can't do something simple like make the trees move in the new areas. The only way anything like this, or the hundreds of original bugs will be fixed, would be if they re-wrote the sorce code and updated the game engine. That will never happen.
    Guild Bases-Implement base wars and lower fac base armor/wep costs so people actually buy them
    Really surprised this wasn't implemented like 5 months ago.
    Rubberbanding- It makes the game unplayable for you
    it's at a liveable point now, and I've learned how to avoid it most of the time. The game will need to be retooled for it to be actually fixed and that will never happen.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011

APS need team ? b:shocked (pve)

About op assassin = even assassin player claim they were op
    Why almost everyone roll assass as alt / main ? Not because they op ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Since the current Dev's didn't write the source code, this is not going to ever happen. Addons are just linking to existing hooks in the code. It's why FCC will take forever to be fixed, why we still have rubberbanding, and why they can't do something simple like make the trees move in the new areas. The only way anything like this, or the hundreds of original bugs will be fixed, would be if they re-wrote the sorce code and updated the game engine. That will never happen.

Fixing the bugs does not require a rewrite of the game's engine.
    All it needs is some time and effort, something that the devs are clearly not interested in.
    it's at a liveable point now, and I've learned how to avoid it most of the time. The game will need to be retooled for it to be actually fixed and that will never happen.

Yeah no.
    Rubberbanding can be switched off (since it's actually a feature, not a bug), but that will never happen since it's the game only defense against speed/wall haxing (which it does a poor job of anyways).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Rubberbandingggggg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Weirdly enough I am not rubberbanding for a few month since there was an update. It just stopped almost completely. - Voted to make sins vs. rest more balanced for obvious reasons. I am playing a sin myself and the skills a ridiculously nice (for sins ofc only).

Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Sumirea - Raging Tide
    Sumirea - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    APS:
    APS doesn't really bother me, but I think it should be just as obtainable for all classes.

Assassins:
    Uh, my main is a sin, and I deeeeefinitely feel that I am not OP. I've played all classes, and if I had to pick an "OP" class, it'd be psychics.

FC Glitch:
    Meh, it's no different than using game shark or action replay codes, or paying for heads in FC, so whatever.

Update the old classes:
    YES. I feel that the older classes have been nerfed slightly, to then point it's rare to find them, much less good ones. Barbs should be brought back to their original tank status, etc.

Guild Bases:
    Meh..

Rubberbanding:
    I voted for this, simply because you should not have button in a game that's been out this long dedicated solely for GMs to get you out of terrain and rubberbanding. It's sloppy, plain and simple.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Enable knock backs for non-mystics, its re.tarded that wizzies have a knock back we cant even use. Then Mystics have one and it works perfectly fine in pvp -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    APS need team ? b:shocked (pve)

About op assassin = even assassin player claim they were op
    Why almost everyone roll assass as alt / main ? Not because they op ?

Mainly because they can kill everyone with 5aps... or with just with enough -int gear...

If you take away 5aps, the amount of people playing as Assassins will drop dramatically (along with BM's as well... >_>) and their role in PvE will mainly just come down to giving out BP, DD, controlling mobs so they wont be killing the Cleric, and even scouting maybe.... you know, how a Assassin should work normally in a squad. 5aps is the main reason PvE is dead.. :P

As for PvP yea they still be "OP" but they will be killable and easier to fight, and Assassins will need to use skill to kill people instead of just twitching them to death.

So if I would pick one of those options I would pick ether "nurf 5aps" or "FC Glitch" imo because abusing a glitch and not getting banned for it is just wrong too... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They already do that fine. APS players love playing with other APS players.

If anyone claims a class is OP, they just haven't figured out to fight it yet. Each class has a different skillset, different attributes, and a different style. Just because you haven't figured out how to deal with it in PvP doesn't mean that they are OP.
    No, Assassins are OP. It's been well documented. Even the best sins admit their class is OP. A lvl 44 seeker from Sanc isn't going to know something about PvP that the best PvPers don't.

We just get more high-level noobs. Who cares? They fail and you never squad with them again. Eventually they will quit because they aren't smart enough to play and no one will do runs with them.
    You completely misunderstand the concept of glitching. Most new players that don't know how to play aren't savvy or connected enough to find someone to do glitch for them. The vast majority of people doing glitch are level 100+ people that simply want to level up quickly for whatever reason.

It's not like they made up their own programming language for PWI. A programmer could rewrite the code correctly if they put the time into it.
    Plus, lrn2read because I said this is hypothetical. Which means realistic or not, choose an option.

Really surprised this wasn't implemented like 5 months ago.
    Or on the same day fac bases were implemented...

Rubberbanding is a feature, not a glitch. Not so much a fix as a flick of a switch.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Since the current Dev's didn't write the source code, this is not going to ever happen.
    Why do people keep saying this? They just added two new classes five months ago. It really wouldn't be that hard to change skills or add new skills to the older classes. Trust me, I'm a programmer, I know this.
    Addons are just linking to existing hooks in the code.
    A) No they're not and B) you don't know what you're talking about. The new classes have added new features to the game. You can't do that without modifying the code. Heck, the client executable and its DLLs have changed, so clearly they're modifying the code, not simply "linking to existing hooks in the code."
    It's why FCC will take forever to be fixed, why we still have rubberbanding, and why they can't do something simple like make the trees move in the new areas.
    A) From what I understand, the FCC fix is currently in the works. Time will tell if you're right or not, but from what Frankieraye has said, it doesn't sound like it.

B) We will always have rubberbanding due to cheaters but it is less of a problem than it used to be, so clearly they've been working on it.

C) The trees don't move in the old areas either, and making them move would be a waste of resources. Am I misunderstanding your point or something?
    The only way anything like this, or the hundreds of original bugs will be fixed, would be if they re-wrote the sorce code and updated the game engine. That will never happen.
    No, you don't need to rewrite it from scratch. While you probably would end up with something better in the end if you rewrote it from scratch after all of the learning experiences gained from the previous version, it would require a ton of man hours to rewrite it all, with only marginal gains. It would take far less effort to simply fix the glitches. In other words, it won't happen because it's unnecessary and a huge waste of resources.

Debugging isn't impossible. It may be complex and difficult sometimes, especially in code with all sorts of complex interactions, but you'd have to have some seriously screwed up code for it to be more efficient to rewrite it from scratch instead.

Also, "hundreds of original bugs"? I'd be shocked if you could make to 50 bugs (and I mean bugs, not simple text changes), let alone "hundreds".

Anyways, while I'd like new endgame content and skills, I'd really like them to fix the FC glitch because it's a bug that's being exploited, it creates high-level newbs, and it puts a lot of people at risk of being banned. Also, I'm sick of the WC FC spam. ;-P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ... A lvl 44 seeker from Sanc isn't going to know something about PvP that the best PvPers don't....

If this were my main, sure. but it's not. My 99 Cleric with R7 and a Divine Aegis doesn't seem to have much trouble with Sins. It's all about being prepared. I have a few other toons in the 90's and I don't just play on Sanc, I play on Lost too.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Antlion - Lost City
    Antlion - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i Voted for Update for Old classes

and i vote for it for an Obvious... (also more likely it will never happen...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing PWI (Kinda....) Since 2008
  • yodelheehoo
    yodelheehoo Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Your forum avatar is OP. To pick the right answer all you had to do is faceroll the keyboard.

A 7 year old could pick the right answer with your OP avatar.

/metaphor

LOL he might know more than you considering your comment in ulq's thread.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying this? They just added two new classes five months ago. It really wouldn't be that hard to change skills or add new skills to the older classes. Trust me, I'm a programmer, I know this.

They say that because most of PW's content that was released at launch in 2005 has been left untouched.
    Most of the bugs we see in game that isn't TB or EG related has existed there since the original PW; it implies that either the devs are unable to fix due to a lack of understanding of the game, or that they simply do not care.
    From what I understand, these bugs are not impossible to fix. (say, the cleric magic buff bug)
    Just because the devs can add in eyecandy to the game does not necessarily mean they have full knowledge of how the game works.
    If the devs do indeed have a full understanding of how the code works, it's a shame then that they aren't utilizing it.
    Also, "hundreds of original bugs"? I'd be shocked if you could make to 50 bugs (and I mean bugs, not simple text changes), let alone "hundreds".

There are more bugs in this game than there are text changes (which I assume you mean typos/untranslated text...?).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    LOL he might know more than you considering your comment in ulq's thread.

Go check the thread. I responded. Looks like you have the reading comprehension of a 3 year old, but I'll be waiting here when you come back angry as hell, trying to save face b:bye
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There is actually an easy fix to this game, format c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »

I just want to point out that your doubts are false. In late 2009, I wrote up a forums thread listing every glitch/bug/exploit that I knew at the time. The thread was promptly locked/closed, and redirected to the "List your bug and we will never fix it" thread, via Tech support section of the forums. After that, I sent a ticket with the list. They responded w/ a robot-like response. I denied the ticket, asking for a human to speak on behalf of the company. After going back and forth for nearly a month, they locked the ticket saying "they know of the bugs/glitches/issues, and are working on fixing them".

Since then, many new bugs/glitches/exploits have arisen. The list very easily from a veteran player like myself, who has done every single instance in the game well over 100+ times (no joke)... Could be brought to over 500 current issues. No, I'm not lying.

...Since the ticket, 0 of the bugs/glitches/issues in the ticket have been resolved. In a list from 2009 w/ other 100 bugs/exploits/glitches.

Reason why: The developers see this one-sided. Adding new content every so often brings in cash. However, fixing current issues (to them), doesn't add any sort of income. In fact, it takes them time to find and solve the issue(s), when (in the developers mind) they could be making money.

Currently Wanmei is hosting many female model shoots. The latest in-game content in PW-CN was a Chinese marriage upgrade to the current marriage system. The latest "fix" in PW-CN, was a workaround for RB. They couldn't find and solve the issue, so they decided to work around it. People we're being 1k'd (issue since beta)... So, instead of letting players be ported when they die, they changed it up a bit... If you die, you die in that spot and loose exp.

For every major glitch/bug in the past that has been resolved, it was simply a work around. The original staff of Perfect World was a company called Archosaur Studios. They we're bought out by Wanmei, who currently hosts the game in China. The original developers are long gone. They didn't foresee stealth in the client, sins, 5aps, etc. They had planned to create a starter city for each element... Until they we're bought out.

If the FF glitch is ever resolved, it too will be a work around. I can guarantee they will either remove the boss completely, or cause that boss and the bishop boss to not spawn adds at all. This of course, causes less exp for a normal FF run. Double-sided sword ftw.
    edited August 2011
    If this were my main, sure. but it's not. My 99 Cleric with R7 and a Divine Aegis doesn't seem to have much trouble with Sins. It's all about being prepared. I have a few other toons in the 90's and I don't just play on Sanc, I play on Lost too.

The sins you're dealing with are beyond fail if they have trouble against a 99 r7 cleric.

and what lvl chars you got on lost?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There is actually an easy fix to this game, format c:

Approved b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Cenrick - Raging Tide
    Cenrick - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The sins you're dealing with are beyond fail if they have trouble against a 99 r7 cleric.

LOL AA sins<3
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
    edited August 2011
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    For every major glitch/bug in the past that has been resolved, it was simply a work around. The original staff of Perfect World was a company called Archosaur Studios. They we're bought out by Wanmei, who currently hosts the game in China. The original developers are long gone. They didn't foresee stealth in the client, sins, 5aps, etc. They had planned to create a starter city for each element... Until they we're bought out.
    I remember hearing about this several months ago. And yet any assertation that 5aps wasn't deliberate (read: "deliberately for my benefit") just yields the same flames... >_>
    If the FF glitch is ever resolved, it too will be a work around. I can guarantee they will either remove the boss completely, or cause that boss and the bishop boss to not spawn adds at all. This of course, causes less exp for a normal FF run. Double-sided sword ftw.
    People do FF for the big room and for hypering the later bosses, primarily. What's the loss of two dragoons and maybe 2-3 bishops (which people don't hyper 99% of the time) in the grand scheme of things?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited August 2011
    People do FF for the big room and for hypering the later bosses, primarily. What's the loss of two dragoons and maybe 2-3 bishops (which people don't hyper 99% of the time) in the grand scheme of things?

This is true. The dragoon from the quest boss, and exp from bishops at the bishop boss are negligible. Usually people don't even hyper bosses past 90, they just hyper the big room and heads.
  • Buffy_Anne - Archosaur
    Buffy_Anne - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I voted for FC glitch but wanted to state, I think one of two thing should be done:

A. Legalize the glitch. What's the big deal? If people CAN do it they should be allowed to since leveling after 100 is slower than molasses otherwise.

B. ENFORCE the ToS and actively seek out and punish those who abuse it.

The problem with the glitch is that the GMs SAY it's bannable, but no-one gets punished. It's just more proof that the GMS aren't being ACTIVELY involved in monitoring the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I sincerely hope they dont just close it off, because I've gotten some nice ish from the boxes in there. ::pets her free auspicious ring:order::preciousssss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Fix packs everywhere

make some farming instances where people can farm their gear.

Make cash shopping less of a game destablizer. how many lvl 90 players does it take to kill an end game phschic?

infinity! Remodel game so its closer to chinese version with no "chance" packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]