PWIC - North America Tournament Round-up

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Just wanted to consolidate each of the server tournament round-ups in one thread, so here we go;

First Server - Raging Tide

Yep, Vicious won battle after battle to claim the title of Raging Tide Server Champion!

1st round: QQme (3 combatants) over Valkarie

2nd Round: Vicious over Vertu

3rd Round: Vicious over QQme (3 combatants)

4th Round (Boss Fight): Vicious over Harpy Wraith. Official Time: 4 minutes 7 seconds.

Note: Harpy drops were kept by the team members, and this custom will continue throughout the tournament.

Grats to Vicious, and let's see how their Harpy time stacks up against the other server champions'.

Second Server - Sanctuary

Ladies and gentlemen, Vindicate is your latest PWIC North American Server Champion!

First Battle:

Jollibee
Amplified
Regicide
Vindicate

Winner: Vindicate

Second Battle:

Corvinus (4 Combatants)
Enelysion
Legendary

Winner: Enelysion

Third Battle: Vindicate VS Enelysion

Winner: Vindicate

Final Battle: Vindicate VS Harpy Wraith

Vindicate victorious in 4:00:79!

Squad makeup:

2 Archers
2 Clerics
1 Barb
1 Blademaster

Coming up next: Heavens Tear at 5pm PDT!

Third Server - Heavens Tear

The Good news: GoldDigrz is your new Heavens Tear Champion!

The Bad news: Unfortunately, they were unable to take down the Harpy Wraith.

Conclusion: Sanctuary's Champion, Vindicate, still has the top time at 4:00:79!

Round 1: Wings VS Pinoy VS Radiance

Winner: Radiance

Round 2: Enrage VS Drakon VS GoldDigrz

Winner: GoldDigrz

Round 3: Radiance VS GoldDigrz

Winner: GoldDigrz

Round 4 (Boss Fight): GoldDigrz vs Harpy Wraith

Winner: Harpy Wraith, though some credit must be given to GoldDigrz Psychic, TightEnd, who managed to 1v1 the Harpy for a solid 4 minutes..

The battles were wracked with emotion throughout, principal among them were calls of GM favoritism against Enrage Faction. It sounds like they want another shot against GoldDigrz Faction, this time as a true 1v1. It looks like the people want it, so it is something that we will definitely accommodate in the future.

Grats to GoldDigrz!

Fourth Server - Dreamweaver

What a marathon! Dreamweaver easily had the longest matches of any server, and the most technical difficulties as well.

Round 1: InTandem VS Regenesis VS :3 VS o_o

Winner: Regenesis

This fight came down to one assassin vs 4 Regenesis members. Unfortunately for him, he was not able to kill them before the 15 minute time limit, and Regenesis moved on.

Round 2: Equinox VS Vanquish VS Spades VS Dynasty

Winner: Equinox

This battle also went all the way to the 15 minute mark, likely due to the large number of Barbs involved.. In the end, Equinox finished with 2 members to Vanquish and Dynasty's 1 member.

Round 3: Equinox VS Regenesis

Winner: Regenesis

By far the quickest bout of the day, Regenesis defeated all 6 Equinox combatants within about 60 seconds, and without losing any of their own.

Round 4 (Boss Fight): Regenesis vs Harpy Wraith

Though their likely-crazy Barbarian jumped into the fray before the starting gun, Regenesis found their stride and got off to a blistering pace against the feared Harpy Wraith. Unfortunately, it was then noticed that the Harpy spawned was of the "Increased Life" variety, and thus the fight had to be stopped and re-done with the correct neutral version of the Harpy.

Once again Regenesis got off to a torrid pace, bringing the Harpy Wraith down to 50% health within about 1 minute, putting them on pace to shatter the current 1st place time. But it was not to be - once the Harpy hit about 15%, the squad wiped, and the GM's were left to pick up the pieces..

Grats and thank you to all the teams who participated! Next battle: Harshlands

Fifth Server - Harshlands

Ladies and gents, please give a round of applause to Catalyst, your new Harshlands champion and the current record holder for the Harpy Wraith kill (3:30:84)!

Round 1: Omerta VS Kylin VS Catalyst VS Watchers

Winner: Catalyst

Round 2: Crimson VS Insanity VS Valhalla

Winner: Crimson

Round 3: Catalyst VS Crimson

Winner: Catalyst

Round 4 (Boss Fight): Catalyst VS Harpy Wraith

Winner: Catalyst (3:30:84)!

Catalyst proved to be a very powerful six indeed, as they won most of their battles without losing more than one combatant!

Even the Harpy Wraith was no match for this squad, as they shattered the previous PWIC record of 4:00:79 held by Sanctuary's top squad - Vindicate!

GJ Catalyst, and we'll see if your mark stands for the rest of the day!

Sixth Server - Archosaur

Archosaur's fights provided some great entertainment, as well as a lot of faction pride over World Chat. Immunity proved to be the deserving winners, as they showed great resolve time and time again.

Round 1: Waiheke VS Polo VS Nemesis VS Endga/\/\e

Winner: Polo

Polo made effective use of the "Shadow Assassin" strategy, having their assassin stand back for most of the match until the very end where he swooped in for the final two kills.

Round 2: BOAD VS Ascend VS Immunity

Winner: Immunity

Round 3 : Polo VS Immunity

Winner: Immunity

Immunity pretty much rolled through these two bouts, barely losing a single combatant, "Shadow Assassin" strats be damned.

Round 4 (Boss Fight): Immunity VS Harpy Wraith

Winner: Immunity (10:45)

Immunity showed a lot of heart in this battle, pressing on even after four of its six combatants were annihilated by the feared Harpy Wraith. The remaining Barb/Wizard duo of RioNHale and _CurseD kept the Harpy at bay for around 4 minutes, ultimately slaying her to racous WC cheers.

GJ Archosaur, and grats to Immunity on their server title!

Seventh and final server - Lost City

Ah, what a way to end the North American tourney - with loads of smack talk and a record beating time. Not to mention one great bout (which I managed to get some decent fraps footage of).

Round 1: DraGOneS VS Instinct VS Forbiden

This 3 team battle...well let's not sugarcoat it, it wasn't what anyone wanted. One faction hung back for the first two minutes while the other two whaled on each other.

Winner: Instinct

Round 2: KageBushi VS Tri-Force

Likely the shortest battle of the entire tournament, all of KageBushi's members were gone within probably 17 seconds. Whether through death or disconnection, the world may never know.

Winner: Tri-Force

Round 3: Instinct VS Tri-Force

Now we're talking. This fight lasted a solid 7 minutes, and there wasn't a dull moment throughout. Tri-Force ultimately took it, and I'll be uploading footage in the next few days.

Winner: Tri-Force

Round 4 (Boss Fight): Tri-Force VS Harpy Wraith

Before the fight, I asked Tri-Force if they thought they would defeat Harpy in less than 3:30. Their answer? "Nope". Was it a true lack of confidence or simple modesty? Honestly, probably neither, actually. Maybe they just have a sense of the moment. The battle commenced in a fast yet controlled manner, as if this group knew just how far they would need to push to beat the first-place time.

When the dust settled, the Harpy's crumpled form lay on the area platform, and timekeeper's pocket-watch said "3:10:51"

Grats to Tri-Force for winning the whole thing, and two of you need to start getting your passports in order. We'll be contacting you shortly to see about getting you your visas to go to China!

Thank you all for your participation and enthusiasm in this tournament, and though it certainly wasn't perfect by any measure, I believe it served its purpose - a very strong team will be representing PWI in the world-wide tournament.

Also, a special thank you goes out to the GMs who were instrumental in running these 7 tournaments.

And one more thing-- we've now got ourselves a pretty nice little PvP instance that we can summon mobs in, so you can bet that we'll be using it for more events in the future - who knows, maybe we will be seeing Kun Kun, terror of the Silver Pools, after all..
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:victory finally no sticky spam b:victory
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Question Frankie (dunno if it came up already):

Will the participants (not just the winners) of the tournament receive a reward for participation? If not, that's cool and all, but I think everyone on the 7 servers, win or lose, should at least get a parting gift of sorts, ya know?

Ivy_ wants a few +10 dragon orbs...
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Where's the video? b:cryb:cryb:cry
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • soundgood
    soundgood Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Would like to see the videos too
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, video frankie?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I believe the video will be released as soon as they finish editing it. b:thanks
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't know if I speak for my entire team but I have a few questions about the tournament in China.

1. Will the members who will be in China be allowed to use Ventrillo?

2. Will we have to play the same class we did in the first tournament?

3. Our alternate ezehc is currently on vacation in China, will he be able to log on and join us?

4. What do we get for winning the PWI tournament?

5. Will we be able to learn all the skills we had on our characters IE; Demon and Sage versions?

6. Will we be allowed to learn the 79 and 100 skills as well?

7. Now that Tri-Force is a champion faction CAN WE GET A GUILD LOGO?

Will add more questions when I remember them.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    if gear is provided what about genies? what lvl genies? genie gear?

if gear is provided is there -int for assassin?

just curious GL
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    I don't know if I speak for my entire team but I have a few questions about the tournament in China.

3. Our alternate ezehc is currently on vacation in China, will he be able to log on and join us?

5. Will we be able to learn all the skills we had on our characters IE; Demon and Sage versions?

1, 3, 4, 5, 6: These questions will have to be forwarded to our contacts in China. We'll get back to you with the answers asap.

2. Yep, I believe so, but we'll make sure. If not, you'll at least have to abide by the same rules that existed in our server tournaments i.e. no more than 1 Assassin, no more than 2 Clerics etc..

4. Last I heard, grand prizes had not been completely decided on yet. We'll ask again though.

7. Sorry Susamajii, the only reason your faction can't get a logo is because of the hyphen in your name. Unfortunately, this special character disqualifies Tri-Force from getting a faction logo. The Faction Supervisor does warn players about this in her "Faction introduction".

Feel free to ask anything else, and we should be sending you and the rest of your team an email with some questions as well as information by the end of the day.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    First page?

EDIT: DAMN, second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    wow i woudl like to watch the videos, tys franky i will wait till u guys are done editing it.

prizes for the other teams that just won in other servers ?also if for all the teams woudl be awsome. tyvm. and gz again to the team that will represent us in china.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    wow i woudl like to watch the videos, tys franky i will wait till u guys are done editing it.

prizes for the other teams that just won in other servers ?also if for all the teams woudl be awsome. tyvm. and gz again to the team that will represent us in china.

Hola Nige! :3

Gratz to making it into the finals! b:victory

And good luck to the LC team! Represent us well in China! (Or else my gf will never let me hear the end of it!) b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    here's just a preview of the footage. Keep in mind that this was one of the last battles on Lost City, so by this point I had gotten a little more comfortable with the camera controls. You'll understand when you see Raging Tide's...

I'll just apologize now for the herky-jerkiness.

Hope you like it-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00GP56m_QmI

Recommended music to listen to in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1kApnsayeQ

(oh and the graphical quality should improve over time, since it seriously just finished uploading).
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    here's just a preview of the footage. Keep in mind that this was one of the last battles on Lost City, so by this point I had gotten a little more comfortable with the camera controls. You'll understand when you see Raging Tide's...

Hope you like it-

(oh and the graphical quality should improve over time, since it seriously just finished uploading).

OOh that's some sexy PvP, and actually I think you did very well with the camera controls in this clip :>
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Hope you like it-

Needs more Yakkity Sax.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    Needs more Epic Sax.

Fixed and fixed.
    edited July 2011
    Fixed and fixed.

Are you insinuating that Yakkity Sax isn't epic? >=O

...BRB. I need to go dig out my old hockey mask and chainsaw. Probably a shovel or a couple of garbage bags too. b:angry
    edited July 2011
    Hi Nana!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Hola booby dood. =)
    edited July 2011
    iHug

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Grats Tri-Force on your overall title!

Just curious as people have repeatedly asked me and suggested.

Does each winning team recieve something to represent their pwic title?

People keep mentioning some kinda "novelty weapon" winning teams are supposed to get that looks cool?
    But im not completely convinced its accurate or just rumour considering i've recieved no real legit confirmation about this. ._.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Grats Tri-Force on your overall title!

Just curious as people have repeatedly asked me and suggested.

Does each winning team recieve something to represent their pwic title?

People keep mentioning some kinda "novelty weapon" winning teams are supposed to get that looks cool?
    But im not completely convinced its accurate or just rumour considering i've recieved no real legit confirmation about this. ._.

Quoted from the news post

Prizes:

o The winning team will get the opportunity to face the toughest PW teams around the world!

o Along with this opportunity, each member will also receive a custom-made, limited edition PWIC souvenir weapon (stats not meant for actual battle) as well as a rare Crimson Fox.

o If the team wins in China, they will receive other great, as-yet-undisclosed prizes!
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    o Along with this opportunity, each member will also receive a custom-made, limited edition PWIC souvenir weapon (stats not meant for actual battle) as well as a rare Crimson Fox.

I'll give props to the person who pulls the souvenir weapon in the actual tournament, if they copy it over.b:chuckle
  • Zarison - Sanctuary
    Zarison - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73PFnwaECXc

I'll just leave this here...

Sanctuary sends its regards <3
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Using PvE to decide who advances in a PvP tournie.....priceless. Only PWI. b:cute
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Quoted from the news post

Prizes:

o The winning team will get the opportunity to face the toughest PW teams around the world!

o If the team wins in China, they will receive other great, as-yet-undisclosed prizes!

what I mean is, is this for every server winning team?
    or just for the overall winner?
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Actually I just read the news that the final tournament is in August. I will be back in the US by then lol. does that mean I can go? (as in fight)

I'll try to not get auto banned again by logging on from China before then...
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Fisga - Lost City
    Fisga - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Actually I just read the news that the final tournament is in August. I will be back in the US by then lol. does that mean I can go? (as in fight)

I'll try to not get auto banned again by logging on from China before then...

If you log today you will be able to fight for a plain seat in the Tri-Force Tournament.

The team member that kill Fisga faster (1H time limit for each participant) will go with me to China.
    100% F2P PWIC Finalist Cleric b:victory
    You registered on: 2008-07-31 23:11:17 :P
This discussion has been closed.