PWIC - North America Tournament Round-up

Comments

• Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I request to have a tourney like this every month or 2months or seasonal. b:angry

Better to do it cross server tho, it would be amazing.

PWI with tourney > wow > PWI without tourneyb:cry
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The "QQ" was in reference to Revenge posting before me.

And imo, buying packs from a catshop and opening them is stupid. That's what I was getting at. Not anything to do with r9.

Depending on how many packs you buy.

In terms of your merchanting isn't easy. There are a lot of things that are easy for some and not for others, but it depends on your view point of easy. I find gathering up 100m is easy, but not everyone has a sin with +12 daggers and 17k hp buffed along with a wife to duo with that's also +12 and 14k hp buffed. Most people think it's unspeakable to actually go and duo a 3-2/3-3 even if they could and some people like me find it challenging and fun so we don't mind doing it for awhile every day. Everyone needs to spend the same amount of time working at getting to the point kitamura is at, but it's more about how you view that amount of work. I don't find it hard because I enjoy that work while I do it. For others they will hate the work and find it to much of a task.

Some people are leaders and some are followers, that's just how the world works.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I request to have a tourney like this every month or 2months or seasonal. b:angry

Better to do it cross server tho, it would be amazing.

PWI with tourney > wow > PWI without tourneyb:cry

I get dibs on Calvin and Hobbes! We BM savage beast, fight to the death for 20m! b:angryb:angry
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Using PvE to decide who advances in a PvP tournie.....priceless. Only PWI. b:cute

What else would you do to provide a somewhat control environment were each team has the same challenge and same probability of winning.

I don't think going vs a bunch of player in equivalent gear is fair. Considering that a human response would be more unpredictable.

At least PvE gives an order to the monster action, base on programing, each team had the same challenge. The only different was there gear and the player behind it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What else would you do to provide a somewhat control environment were each team has the same challenge and same probability of winning.

I don't think going vs a bunch of player in equivalent gear is fair. Considering that a human response would be more unpredictable.

At least PvE gives an order to the monster action, base on programing, each team had the same challenge. The only different was there gear and the player behind it.

uhm, your counter-productive there. how can fighting players at the same lvl of gear NOT be fair? because human response? ha same can be said about the pve, notice how some squads wiped? because their human response had no idea wtf to do agaisnt a boss, most of which probably never saw before. atleast this is a pvp event and with a pvp final you can see who the BEST pvp'ers are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

If they can manage designing and coding an entire pk tournie for all the different versions they could have managed to develop a cross server instance so we could have actually seen what faction had the best squad....doing something PvE to decide something PvP is beyond stupid. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If they can manage designing and coding an entire pk tournie for all the different versions they could have managed to develop a cross server instance so we could have actually seen what faction had the best squad....doing something PvE to decide something PvP is beyond stupid. b:bye

We'll see if they can actually do it and once they do maybe for future tournaments they will hold them on this server :)
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    We'll see if they can actually do it and once they do maybe for future tournaments they will hold them on this server :)

yeah but then calvin would just embarress himself again chasing some other player for 5 min and not actually getting anywhere.
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I am trying and keep failing. I don't give up my BM and reroll a sin. Right? Logan_Morgan.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So, when do we get our participation awards?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't know if I speak for my entire team but I have a few questions about the tournament in China.

1. Will the members who will be in China be allowed to use Ventrillo?

2. Will we have to play the same class we did in the first tournament?

3. Our alternate ezehc is currently on vacation in China, will he be able to log on and join us?

4. What do we get for winning the PWI tournament?

5. Will we be able to learn all the skills we had on our characters IE; Demon and Sage versions?

6. Will we be allowed to learn the 79 and 100 skills as well?

7. Now that Tri-Force is a champion faction CAN WE GET A GUILD LOGO?

Will add more questions when I remember them.

Got some new answers straight from China!

1. They are not familiar with ventrilo, so we need to clarify more before we get a solid answer. My gut says yes though.

2. You don't have to play the same class, but your team must still abide by the class rules.

3. "This PWIC server is worldwide. With the right client and correct account, players will be able to log in PWIC server wherever they are."

4. They still have not yet announced the prizes, but it looks like it will be an assortment of Razer products.

5. "Players will need use the accounts from China. With these accounts, players can learn the skill including demon and sage. "

6. "Yes, as far as I know. And players shall be able to find out more on July 28."
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Got some new answers straight from China!

1. They are not familiar with ventrilo, so we need to clarify more before we get a solid answer. My gut says yes though.

2. You don't have to play the same class, but your team must still abide by the class rules.

3. "This PWIC server is worldwide. With the right client and correct account, players will be able to log in PWIC server wherever they are."

4. They still have not yet announced the prizes, but it looks like it will be an assortment of Razer products.

5. "Players will need use the accounts from China. With these accounts, players can learn the skill including demon and sage. "

6. "Yes, as far as I know. And players shall be able to find out more on July 28."

Thanks very much Frankie, and love the forum title.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • NyKage - Lost City
    NyKage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    we love you frankie and your hard work D:
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    thanks a lot Frankie =) and sexy forum title :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If frankie makes a video about the Tournament, he needs to include the part where the Tunnel Snakes ruled.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • MavLOLs - Lost City
    MavLOLs - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    wrong post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Serious question:

what precisely was the logic in deciding a pvp tournament by timing squads in a pve fight?

I mean, as a wizard that seems stupid. My class is for group pvp, and we're the worst dps class in the game. So why were squads being punished for bringing classes like wizards, who would of been helpful in pvp, but weren't brought because our dps is horrible?

I mean, I know Archo brought one, but you would think there'd be more than one wizard between all the servers...
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Serious question:

what precisely was the logic in deciding a pvp tournament by timing squads in a pve fight?

I mean, as a wizard that seems stupid. My class is for group pvp, and we're the worst dps class in the game. So why were squads being punished for bringing classes like wizards, who would of been helpful in pvp, but weren't brought because our dps is horrible?

I mean, I know Archo brought one, but you would think there'd be more than one wizard between all the servers...

Said this several times, using PvE to FULLY decide a PvP tournie is well.....no comment. b:shutup
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Said this several times, using PvE to FULLY decide a PvP tournie is well.....no comment. b:shutup

even random pick a team from servers winners, would be more fair too.
    cos yea.. even if x team kill boss fastest / safest.. does not mean they'r by any means best team for pvp.

with that said, the LC squad seems good. atleast i like NyKage xD. but i see some arrogant comments too from some of the other in that team.. and well yeah they tend to come from.. nvm xD.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YEKJ9Cn1w0
    Immunity vs Polo on Archosaur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Af_ycnuHfU
    Immunity vs Ascend vs BOAD on Archosaur

sorry I didn't tape more!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A mouse in da house:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    a Mouse In Da House:o

several in fact

http://i55.tinypic.com/1zp1onp.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sihndra wrote: »

So that's what the GM's do at work b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Sihndra is alive o.O Damn.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2011

this is a lie where is your land >:O
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ^Just noticed Quick's Forum Title^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited July 2011

Okiba Gang Shinbo Ninjitsu :D
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ^Just noticed Quick's Forum Title^

b:cry I want a title D:
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:cry I want a title D:

me too!! D:
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
This discussion has been closed.