PWIC - North America Tournament Round-up

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    me too!! D:

b:angry How come Cheze gets one if he wasn't even there?! b:cry
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:angry How come Cheze gets one if he wasn't even there?! b:cry

I was there in spirit b:victory
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

So was I...

Actually no, I was catshopping :<

How goes vacation, Cheze? b:question
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A> Custom titles. Starting bid of 12bil each.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I want a title;_;

like "Potato" or something:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    So was I...

Actually no, I was catshopping :<

How goes vacation, Cheze? b:question

it was gud :D
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    I want a title;_;

like "Potato" or something:(

I bothered Frankie about it in a PM once when I saw I was titled "Denizen of Perfect World" and he never got back to me. Apparently, what I thought was a custom title was a weird bug where a new title was to be implemented for all but only about 10% of people got it D:

Anyway I figure if I spam as much as MagicHamsta did, maybe I'll get one too like he did :3

I'd like "Failed Mathematician" if I could choose... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'd like "Undercover Archer" if I could choose... b:cute

Fixed that little typo for you! b:laugh
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    franky do u know when the vidoes from all servers will be ready?or just a guess. we are waiting for it XD and the sax loop ftw!!!now i play pwi listening it!!!i am hyper all the day!!!b:chuckle
    also c what u can do so all champions get a prize even a small one, just to remember us we were there XD

btw, i actually did search for the original version!!!! of the sax loop
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-seDrv1eQo&feature=related
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sihndra wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YEKJ9Cn1w0
    Immunity vs Polo on Archosaur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Af_ycnuHfU
    Immunity vs Ascend vs BOAD on Archosaur

sorry I didn't tape more!

Ty Sihndra Yummy b:dirty
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Wait, if cheze gets one I want one too!
    I was there in spirit as well!
    and I'm like the 2nd alternate lah?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Got some new answers straight from China!

1. They are not familiar with ventrilo, so we need to clarify more before we get a solid answer. My gut says yes though.

2. You don't have to play the same class, but your team must still abide by the class rules.

3. "This PWIC server is worldwide. With the right client and correct account, players will be able to log in PWIC server wherever they are."

4. They still have not yet announced the prizes, but it looks like it will be an assortment of Razer products.

5. "Players will need use the accounts from China. With these accounts, players can learn the skill including demon and sage. "

6. "Yes, as far as I know. And players shall be able to find out more on July 28."

Hmm...I wonder what products they could be giving out. Too bad that the mini mobile gaming computer is still concept and not in production...pity.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Fixed that little typo for you! b:laugh

I love it :D

Ty kossy b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    WTF it was posted on the first page that Lost City already won, I thought that the battle against Harpy was for fun and not that it was going to decide who was the winner based on time???? This is stupid a party of APSers is going to take down Harpy faster than one with many arcanes but that does not prove who is better in PVP *Epic Facepalm*

Someone please tell me that there are going to be battles between the winners of each server as I was expecting...
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    WTF it was posted on the first page that Lost City already won, I thought that the battle against Harpy was for fun and not that it was going to decide who was the winner based on time???? This is stupid a party of APSers is going to take down Harpy faster than one with many arcanes but that does not prove who is better in PVP *Epic Facepalm*

Someone please tell me that there are going to be battles between the winners of each server as I was expecting...

no lol.

*stands proud at 10:45mins on harpy*

fml.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    no lol.

*stands proud at 10:45mins on harpy*

fml.

I am impressed that neither you or the mage died. How long did you two have to 2v1 it after the rest of your party wiped?

Assuming you were the barb in that party.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    I am impressed that neither you or the mage died. How long did you two have to 2v1 it after the rest of your party wiped?

Assuming you were the barb in that party.

I believe it was like 4-5minutes, and it wasnt easy, we had been purged and the wiz was out of range for my barb buffs trying to keep safe, (hes full josd sharded with omallys like 89 def lvl or something) I on the other hand use tt99 gear and nirvana, with r9 ring/belt/wep with mixed vit/dod/josd/dot shards (im kinda a mess lol).

I was mostly tiger axe dding, cos I refused to get wiped by attempting aps spam with fist.

I could have used them, but no bp, and being sage, I have no demon spark for extra aps speed and would usually switch to la orns for 4aps unsparked/5w/windshield, leaving me very, very vulnerable.
    Luckily I have had some experience dealing with harpy and know my own capabilities, and not to underestimate the beast.

Ive tanked harpy twice before PWIC ingame, first time was a mess me using fists and it wiped us 7 times, was a long while back, 2nd time was when I used axe-tiger-form to hold aggro and it went smoothly, so id figured from experience it would be best not to risk getting murdered with fists.

Also my charm didnt get badly ***** because of cursed's awesome heals, and crab spam, I took a screeny before the polo fight and after the harpy and only like 150k was gone.

screeny after Ascend BOAD Immunity:

http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/322105/original.jpg?1311218271

screeny after Polo and Harpy:

http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/322106/original.jpg?1311218279

Less than 150k charm aint bad at all I think.

But still I think we even suprised ourselves. :):):)

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sihndra wrote: »

Lies, those are relentless RATS, not mice :P
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Fisga - Lost City
    Fisga - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011

I also agree with you on Harpy, it was unnecessary since there wasn't at any time a single doubt that Lost City would win, since we are the only true PVP server.
    In Lost City Tri-Force only had a small chance of losing because we had a 3rd choice 2nd league bad BM that died, but after he died the lag went away and we recovered ^^
    Besides that we were already packing our bags to go to China since PWIC was announced.
    100% F2P PWIC Finalist Cleric b:victory
    You registered on: 2008-07-31 23:11:17 :P
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I also agree with you on Harpy, it was unnecessary since there wasn't at any time a single doubt that Lost City would win, since we are the only true PVP server.
    In Lost City Tri-Force only had a small chance of losing because we had a 3rd choice 2nd league bad BM that died, but after he died the lag went away and we recovered ^^
    Besides that we were already packing our bags to go to China since PWIC was announced.
    Harpy wraith was the deciding factor, but nevertheless
    Give it up for LC, the one true PvE server!
  • shaderine
    shaderine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Round 2: KageBushi VS Tri-Force

Likely the shortest battle of the entire tournament, all of KageBushi's members were gone within probably 17 seconds. Whether through death or disconnection, the world may never know.

serious GM are u mad ??? u put a whole rank 9 squad against ppl that are not and u expect us last a long time, at least we took part ! it be nice if u said thank all for taking part ??? well if u are on crack then this is a good chioce 1 r9 vs 6 r9 yea good chance we have ... at least we tried GM's thanks for a little support for the ppl that pay yr wages b:surrender I AM SAYINY ONE MORE TIME THANK YOU GM'S FOR YOUR SUPPORT
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    shaderine wrote: »
    serious GM are u mad ??? u put a whole rank 9 squad against ppl that are not and u expect us last a long time, at least we took part ! it be nice if u said thank all for taking part ??? well if u are on crack then this is a good chioce 1 r9 vs 6 r9 yea good chance we have ... at least we tried GM's thanks for a little support for the ppl that pay yr wages b:surrender I AM SAYINY ONE MORE TIME THANK YOU GM'S FOR YOUR SUPPORT

We <3 KageBushi, though it was a rather onesided fight l_ from KageBushi is a full rank 9 Psychic so they did have some fire power. Unfortunately he fell victim to dragon armageddon :P GrRoaar <3
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Gin_Tenshi - Lost City
    Gin_Tenshi - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    daww GrRoaar's so cute <3. but the gms coulda had a better line up but the final round of instinct vs. tri-force was what they were aiming for, or what fate decreed, if it was all chosen at random. i wanna see the whole vid still =D.
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A member from catalyst on harshlands today was ported to an arena by frankieraye, frankie told him a few things.

Harshlands would 6v6 the team from lost city to help them prepare
    this would be done on a private server, were the teams must have the save members and team comp, but get to pick their own gears (any gears, shards, refines, etc.)

Susa, have you heard anything about this or was frankie trolling?
    Unban me.
  • Liwen - Lost City
    Liwen - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A member from catalyst on harshlands today was ported to an arena by frankieraye, frankie told him a few things.

Harshlands would 6v6 the team from lost city to help them prepare
    this would be done on a private server, were the teams must have the save members and team comp, but get to pick their own gears (any gears, shards, refines, etc.)

Susa, have you heard anything about this or was frankie trolling?

its gonna happen, but atm that server is **** i.e the gear doesnt work 1/2 the quests dont work...

but u start out lvl 105 with a 100/100 geanie, and pvp lag wise and skills wise its fine

so we just need to get this gear issue sorted =/

p.s. this is QuickClaw, didnt realise i was logged in my venos account xD
  • Fisga - Lost City
    Fisga - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Update from China about 1st place prize

http://www.wanmei.com/pic/xw_2010/2011/20110729_chinajoy_yi_06s.jpg

Alternates like Cheze will be last to pick and will most likely end up with the ugly one ^^
    100% F2P PWIC Finalist Cleric b:victory
    You registered on: 2008-07-31 23:11:17 :P
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:scorn wheres those PWIC tourny videos you promised eh frankie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Update from China about 1st place prize

http://www.wanmei.com/pic/xw_2010/2011/20110729_chinajoy_yi_06s.jpg

Alternates like Cheze will be last to pick and will most likely end up with the ugly one ^^

efffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Can smb direct me to the videos Frankie was supposed to have uploaded of the tourney...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    LMFAO. In a battle of "who's go the best gears" the winning team is unable to go due to passport issue. This is the biggest troll event ever. b:laughb:laughb:laugh
This discussion has been closed.