Tri-Force - Lost City - the 7th and ultimate PWIC Champions!

Options

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    =D Grats on winning, Tri-Force!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And wtf is with you guys not having an archer? That's lame.
    I'd like to know this as well -.-

My best guess is sacrifice to make the final PvE cut of tourney b:embarrass
  • UVF - Lost City
    UVF - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Were those venos 5.0 btw?

no, both were r9 though
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Summary of the final fight, Tri-Force verses Instinct (from my point of view)

Let me start off by saying this was an interesting match up, our team:

105 QuickClaw - Sage Assassin
    102 NyKage - Demon Blademaster
    102 Susamajii - Demon Barbarian
    101 Spliffany - Demon Venomancer
    101 Sneakery - Demon Venomancer
    101 Fisga - Sage Cleric

Against Instincts team:

105 Identical Assassin
    103 Calvin Blademaster
    103 KindaBusy Psychic
    103 SuperHands Archer
    103 Blade_Aether Barbarian
    102 Tamahome Cleric

What made this bout particularly interesting was the facing off of 2 lvl 105 assassins, I believe the only 6v6 fight in this tournament to have such a match up.

So it started off with a blistering pace, I charged towards the enemy's cleric (being that I could not see the other 105 assassin) with NyKage at my heels.

Coming out of stealth I paralyze Tamahome, which is met in response by a chain of at least 2 domains followed by an immune pot on his part :S to which then I switched targets to the now visible Identical and with the help of a timely amp from my fellow barb susa ended his tournament aspirations.

Then after identical was out, this is where things got hectic. I managed to then teleport to Tamahome who was healing himself and kill him, then I was taking damage from I believe SuperHands but there was a lot going on so I'm not really sure. So I triple spark to get some immunity/defense and then followed a perfectly timed stun by NyKage who caught KindaBusy in black voodoo. then kage himself was killed and KindaBusy followed mere seconds after, whilst this was happening, Calvin, Blade_Aether and SuperHands had managed to kill off both Spliffany and Sneakery, so here we were, 3 min into the fight and it was down to 3vs3.

QuickClaw, Susamajii and Fisga taking on Calvin, Blade_Aether and SuperHands. This is where things get interesting... Calvin and Blade_Aether immediately go off and try and kill Fisga our Cleric, whilst Susa and I try to take down SuperHands. Now this is no mean feat, to put it in perspective SuperHands has a massive 23k hp buff and currently he was full buffed to the teeth, but with a +12 rank 9 sin and Barb after him he could do nothing but try and live...

so whilst Fisga is surviving the onslaught of Calvin and Aether, susa and I lock SuperHands up but no matter how much we try we cannot get over his mountain of hp, now Aether switches over and comes to assist SuperHands, whilst Calvin keeps Fisga busy. I get caught out in a stun then debuffed from SuperHands bow, charm ticks hp gets down to about 5k almost dead, I manage to triple spark, charm ticks I tele to SuperHands paralyze him, susa uses his human 100skill, Brilliant! It debuffs SuperHands. this is then followed by SuperHands demise followed shortly after by Blade_Aether death at the hands of me and susa and then the triple teaming of their last remaining member Calvin (not 100% sure here could have been the other way around Calvin then blade I cant remember)

I just would like to give a shout out to my amazing teammates, and a special mention to Fisga who tanked 5 rank 9 +12 players, this man is a beast.

our squad was designed for pvp, not the pve section, hence the sage assasin and venomancers, with one change though, our barb restated so he could use his +10 cv claws for the boss if we did win the pvp part, and if it wasnt for that we would not have beaten the very compeditive time set by harshlands, props to you guys too.
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    stuff

I REALLY wanna see footage of that fight lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Venos suck on harpy though. Harpy can't be amped and pdef debuffs do nothing. They should have had one archer at least b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Very articulate claw, cata steam rolled through all the fights so we had a prrtty lame tournament.
    Unban me.
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Very articulate claw, cata steam rolled through all the fights so we had a prrtty lame tournament.

we got our Blitzkrieg action verses KageBushi, though i do feel bad for them, 17 seconds not a very long tournament for them b:chuckle
    Frankieraye:
    edited July 2011
    Options
    we got our Blitzkrieg action verses KageBushi, though i do feel bad for them, 17 seconds not a very long tournament for them b:chuckle

So embarrassing b:cry

I knew we would lose... but for the love of god, that is too much >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• QuickClaw - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So embarrassing b:cry

I knew we would lose... but for the love of god, that is too much >.<

i must admit it was rather amusing to see the kagebushi ep setting up blueball as we came charging across the arena, it didnt really help them too much b:avoid
    Frankieraye:
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i must admit it was rather amusing to see the kagebushi ep setting up blueball as we came charging across the arena, it didnt really help them too much b:avoid

When I was told about that.... I facepalmed. HARD. ffs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

edited July 2011
    Options
    Venos suck on harpy though. Harpy can't be amped and pdef debuffs do nothing. They should have had one archer at least b:angry

Well ok I missed that part...

but, LC you have put yourself at disadvantage and missed out on the greatest strategy: tactical enemy distraction via sexy female archer.
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options

but, LC you have put yourself at disadvantage and missed out on the greatest strategy: tactical enemy distraction via sexy female archer.

my sex appeal was too strong for the female archers of our server, we wouldnt have been able to fight by being too distracted b:laugh

p.s. dont tell my wifey i said that D:
    Frankieraye:
    edited July 2011
    Options

But, really, they put themselves at a real tactical ADVANTAGE. Now they have 2 venomancers to shake their tails at the enemies. And lets face it, those Chinese are totally into furries. inb4someone takes that too seriously
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• QuickClaw - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    But, really, they put themselves at a real tactical ADVANTAGE. Now they have 2 venomancers to shake their tails at the enemies. And lets face it, those Chinese are totally into furries. inb4someone takes that too seriously

~image removed~

wait what was i doing? i got distracted sorry.
    Frankieraye:
    edited July 2011
    Options
    my sex appeal was too strong for the female archers of our server, we wouldnt have been able to fight by being too distracted b:laugh

p.s. dont tell my wifey i said that D:

inexcusable! D:<

Make sacrifices like Susa and take the following steps:

1. Obtain Makeover Scroll

2. Make self ugly

3. Recruit female archer

4. Profit \o/
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    inexcusable! D:<

Make sacrifices like Susa and take the following steps:

1. Obtain Makeover Scroll

2. Make self ugly

3. Recruit female archer

4. Profit \o/

how u doin b:mischievous
    Frankieraye:
    edited July 2011
    Options
    how u doin b:mischievous

b:shockedNot so good after seeing that link a few posts up tbh lmao
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:shockedNot so good after seeing that link a few posts up tbh lmao

*clicks link*
    .... WHY DID I HAVE TO CLICK THAT?! D:
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sounds pretty cool, I hope whoever gets to go to china isn't stuck playing PW all day. Please punch a developer for me, the more influential the better. b:avoid
  • Fisga - Lost City
    Fisga - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I wonder how fluffy are sheep in China
    100% F2P PWIC Finalist Cleric b:victory
    You registered on: 2008-07-31 23:11:17 :P
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    gratz Tri-Force b:victory
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Trust me I was immensely disappointed by this too. We initially had plans to include a certain R9 archer but he left guild beforehand. I was worried at first at the omission of another heavy hitter/debuffer and an additional 5.0 for the PVE segment.

But as it stands the people we did select were well geared, very experienced and what I believe to be the winning factor - used to working together. Most of the group we put in have lived and died together through almost everything this game has to offer so it's not surprising they won. This tournament wasn't about a dream team.

And anyway I'm sure Identical will be grateful that Instinct didn't advance given his bout with Harpy earlier that day. :3
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    BigDin - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is SuperHands btw...

Was such a good fight, can't wait to see the video but QC's write up is pretty fair... The only thing you missed out is that I had timed a 3 spark and domain past 2 purge attempts by your Venos before it was 3 v 3. So it was even more annoying when the purge came from a barb...

I would also love to see an LC v HL match up... Sorry to my HL peoples (you are still my first love) but I gotta say LC play in a different league >_< but yea means nothing until it is proven.

Can't wait to see more events in the PVP arena. Was really good fun even if we lost...

Ty tri-force / GMs / Instinct

Good to see that PvP came 1st and 2nd and the PvE event vs harpy. Haha and Tri. Thanks for not commenting on our practice attempts v harpy which was funny as hell
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dont **** up in china or u wont be coming back to your homeland. slave laborb:shockedb:bye
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Summary of the final fight, Tri-Force verses Instinct (from my point of view)

What made this bout particularly interesting was the facing off of 2 lvl 105 assassins, I believe the only 6v6 fight in this tournament to have such a match up.

So it started off with a blistering pace, I charged towards the enemy's cleric (being that I could not see the other 105 assassin) with NyKage at my heels.

Coming out of stealth I paralyze Tamahome, which is met in response by a chain of at least 2 domains followed by an immune pot on his part :S to which then I switched targets to the now visible Identical and with the help of a timely amp from my fellow barb susa ended his tournament aspirations.

Then after identical was out, this is where things got hectic. I managed to then teleport to Tamahome who was healing himself and kill him, then I was taking damage from I believe SuperHands but there was a lot going on so I'm not really sure. So I triple spark to get some immunity/defense and then followed a perfectly timed stun by NyKage who caught KindaBusy in black voodoo. then kage himself was killed and KindaBusy followed mere seconds after, whilst this was happening, Calvin, Blade_Aether and SuperHands had managed to kill off both Spliffany and Sneakery, so here we were, 3 min into the fight and it was down to 3vs3.

QuickClaw, Susamajii and Fisga taking on Calvin, Blade_Aether and SuperHands. This is where things get interesting... Calvin and Blade_Aether immediately go off and try and kill Fisga our Cleric, whilst Susa and I try to take down SuperHands. Now this is no mean feat, to put it in perspective SuperHands has a massive 23k hp buff and currently he was full buffed to the teeth, but with a +12 rank 9 sin and Barb after him he could do nothing but try and live...

so whilst Fisga is surviving the onslaught of Calvin and Aether, susa and I lock SuperHands up but no matter how much we try we cannot get over his mountain of hp, now Aether switches over and comes to assist SuperHands, whilst Calvin keeps Fisga busy. I get caught out in a stun then debuffed from SuperHands bow, charm ticks hp gets down to about 5k almost dead, I manage to triple spark, charm ticks I tele to SuperHands paralyze him, susa uses his human 100skill, Brilliant! It debuffs SuperHands. this is then followed by SuperHands demise followed shortly after by Blade_Aether death at the hands of me and susa and then the triple teaming of their last remaining member Calvin (not 100% sure here could have been the other way around Calvin then blade I cant remember)

I just would like to give a shout out to my amazing teammates, and a special mention to Fisga who tanked 5 rank 9 +12 players, this man is a beast.

Could you have used the word "whilst" any more?b:surrender It really got on my nerves after the first time.b:infuriated
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Could you have used the word "whilst" any more?b:surrender It really got on my nerves after the first time.b:infuriated

Kritty giving away his weakness b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• O_O - Lothranis
    O_O - Lothranis Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dam tri-force! I hated you so much for random pking my alts on LC but now I love you.

Go Team USA!

AMERICA!!!! F*** YEAH!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »

whilst i was writing it i was also thinking of you whilst taking a drink, but seriously whats wrong with using that?

@Superhands yeah no that bit at the start i dont even know what happened with the venos, i was too busy killing identical/tomahome/kindabusy and trying not to die myself b:shocked
    Frankieraye:
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dam tri-force! I hated you so much for random pking my alts on LC but now I love you.

Go Team USA!

AMERICA!!!! F*** YEAH!!!

is it bad that we are made up of germans/australians and americans? b:chuckle
    Frankieraye: