Tri-Force - Lost City - the 7th and ultimate PWIC Champions!

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Ah, what a way to end the North American tourney - with loads of smack talk and a record beating time. Not to mention one great bout (which I managed to get some decent fraps footage of).

Round 1: DraGOneS VS Instinct VS Forbiden

This 3 team battle...well let's not sugarcoat it, it wasn't what anyone wanted. One faction hung back for the first two minutes while the other two whaled on each other.

Winner: Instinct

Round 2: KageBushi VS Tri-Force

Likely the shortest battle of the entire tournament, all of KageBushi's members were gone within probably 17 seconds. Whether through death or disconnection, the world may never know.

Winner: Tri-Force

Round 3: Instinct VS Tri-Force

Now we're talking. This fight lasted a solid 7 minutes, and there wasn't a dull moment throughout. Tri-Force ultimately took it, and I'll be uploading footage in the next few days.

Winner: Tri-Force

Round 4 (Boss Fight): Tri-Force VS Harpy Wraith

Before the fight, I asked Tri-Force if they thought they would defeat Harpy in less than 3:30. Their answer? "Nope". Was it a true lack of confidence or simple modesty? Honestly, probably neither, actually. Maybe they just have a sense of the moment. The battle commenced in a fast yet controlled manner, as if this group knew just how far they would need to push to beat the first-place time.

When the dust settled, the Harpy's crumpled form lay on the area platform, and timekeeper's pocket-watch said "3:10:51"

Grats to Tri-Force for winning the whole thing, and two of you need to start getting your passports in order. We'll be contacting you shortly to see about getting you your visas to go to China!

Thank you all for your participation and enthusiasm in this tournament, and though it certainly wasn't perfect by any measure, I believe it served its purpose - a very strong team will be representing PWI in the world-wide tournament.

Also, a special thank you goes out to the GMs who were instrumental in running these 7 tournaments.

And one more thing-- we've now got ourselves a pretty nice little PvP instance that we can summon mobs in, so you can bet that we'll be using it for more events in the future - who knows, maybe we will be seeing Kun Kun, terror of the Silver Pools, after all..
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    TRI-FORCE FTW b:victory

for anyone intersted this was our team makeup:

105 QuickClaw Sage Assasin
    102 NyKage Demon Blademaster
    102 Susamajii Demon Barbarian (who restated to claws for the tournament, which we would not have won without him being claws)
    101 Spliffany Demon Venomancer
    101 Sneakery Demon Venomancer
    101 Fisga Sage Cleric (aka Kitamura's EP)
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Frankie can we have a match between LC and HL?

A heck of a lot of players want this as 20 seconds is well..... yeah.
    There's also this HL vs LC constant debate, and having Catalyst vs Tri-Force would be pretty cool for many players.

Seriously would it really be that hard? Next maint create a virtual server or something, would only need a tiny amount of ram and stuff for a small amount of players, and then copy the required characters from their databases to the temp server database and yeah

I'm sure you guys could figure it out

20 seconds......
    That's such ****ing bull****
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    GO GO GO TRI- FROCE. Lost City show's once again were the best and true server.

Also first page.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Gratz on winning it all, Tri_Force!b:victory
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah gratz Tri-Force....

But 20 seconds........
    That's just lame
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Grats tri force. We were all on lost city server and on vent watching it unfold. But it's not all bad, your team is built for more pvp then ours was so PWI will be represented in a pvp arena well with you guiz. Grats again :P
    Unban me.
  • Nbfgangsta - Lost City
    Nbfgangsta - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    go the tri force woot woot pew pew
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOST CITY **** YEAH!

I knew Triforce would win it. And once again, proving we ARE the best server.

Though tbh, even though I knew my faction would lose, I'm kinda disappointed it was that fast...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Faynalia - Sanctuary
    Faynalia - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Gratz to LC on winning!! Represent PWI well please b:thanks

To my Vindi's b:kissb:cuteb:heart
  • NASCARASSASN - Lost City
    NASCARASSASN - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Frankie can we have a match between LC and HL?

A heck of a lot of players want this as 20 seconds is well..... yeah.
    There's also this HL vs LC constant debate, and having Catalyst vs Tri-Force would be pretty cool for many players.

Seriously would it really be that hard? Next maint create a virtual server or something, would only need a tiny amount of ram and stuff for a small amount of players, and then copy the required characters from their databases to the temp server database and yeah

I'm sure you guys could figure it out

20 seconds......

How is it unfair? The rules for the competition were stated before hand and Lost City did better than Harsh Land...

...Pretty simple stuff kid.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wow, grats Tri-Force, and grats Lost City! Good job, all <3
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes but 20 seconds is pretty close.............
    edited July 2011
    Options
    20 seconds......

I dont know what you are talking about. In a time trial, 20 seconds is a HUGE difference. Run a race and have the results be 20 seconds apart. See how bad that is. If it had been 5 or less seconds, then MAYBE you could complain, but 20 seconds is pretty definitive of who is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Congrats LC.

Represent us well. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • krittycat
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Can we try not to take away from the accomplishment of Tri-Force's team being the PWI Tournament champions? I mean, I know everyone has their issues with the way things were done, but as it stands, the rules were followed, and Tri-Force won. Fair is fair, give them their due.
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    grats tri-force. cant wait to see the vid of the final match lol sounds interesting 7min fight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

sorry, but there's always next time.

Much grats are due to Lost City!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Can we try not to take away from the accomplishment of Tri_Force's team being the PWI Tournament champions? I mean, I know everyone has their issues with the way things were done, but as it stands, the rules were followed, and Tri_Force won. Fair is fair, give them their due.

*Tri-Force b:thanks "-", not "_"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I just think that it could have perhaps been done a little better, yes 20 seconds is a long time in a time trial, but on a boss? 20 seconds on a boss doesn't really mean much

That said, Congratulations LC, I'm sure that you will represent us well and I can't wait to see the video.

I still want to see a Catalyst vs Tri-Force though even if it doesn't mean anything :) It would be cool
  • krittycat
    edited July 2011
    Options
    *Tri-Force b:thanks "-", not "_"

Oh, woops...

*fixes*

Thanks for pointing that out.b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I still want to see a Catalyst vs Tri-Force though even if it doesn't mean anything :) It would be cool

This part I DO agree with lol. I would love to see a true cross-server PvP championship, or even just random bouts for bragging rights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When is the next PWIC hosting? Can we get an announcement a few weeks before it actually happens?
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cross server tournaments wont really show anything. The losing side is just going to say their connection was laggy due to not being in their own server or whatnot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When is the next PWIC hosting? Can we get an announcement a few weeks before it actually happens?

dont quote me but i think this is an annual thing so, approx 1year from now? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Grats LC!

And...you better deliver at China, don't be making us look like fools. b:shocked
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Grats to the champions!
    Represent PWI well in China.. we'll be rooting for you. And wtf is with you guys not having an archer? That's lame.

Were those venos 5.0 btw?

And one more thing-- we've now got ourselves a pretty nice little PvP instance that we can summon mobs in, so you can bet that we'll be using it for more events in the future - who knows, maybe we will be seeing Kun Kun, terror of the Silver Pools, after all..

Lol isnt that instance like really ancient?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

20 seconds is a long time in a time trial. The only people who can really say that their harpy thing went down kinda messed up is DW since a few of them used up the last of their apoth the first time they fought harpy wraith and they had him down to over half health in a single minute the second time he was spawned. Only group that had to fight her twice. And even THEY don't have a right to complain really since they probably still would have lost either way based off the fact that some of them hadn't fought him before and didn't have the proper strategy apoth or no apoth. Triforce won fair and square and fielded the better team. Luck and Skill were on their side. Besides, ultimately they DO represent you. Because we're all on the same version of the game.

Congratulations Tri-Force. GO KICK SOME BUTT FOR US! Viva la PWI INTERNATIONAL. Take Pictures and upload them on the screenshots forums! And vids!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Fisga - Lost City
    Fisga - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    grats tri-force. cant wait to see the vid of the final match lol sounds interesting 7min fight

Must be a boring 7min video of a nub 101 cleric aggroing Calvin and still keeping his party alive.
    100% F2P PWIC Finalist Cleric b:victory
    You registered on: 2008-07-31 23:11:17 :P
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Must be a boring 7min video of a nub 101 cleric aggroing Calvin and still keeping his party alive.

Kitamura's EP r9 set full JOSD G16 neck belt full buffed, horrible.
    My pleasure to be named in your 1st post.
  • Faynalia - Sanctuary
    Faynalia - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think all of us that participated would love to see the server winners compete...I know we would b:cute